WoT Mac Wrapper [v2.10.12] and World of Tanks 9.20.1 Issues

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

black_colt #1 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 16:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles
Please post to this Forum thread for issues with the WoT Mac Wrapper [v2.10.12] and World of Tanks 9.20.1 that just dropped this morning.

Asiaticus #2 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 21:16

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3752 battles
  • [NBL] NBL
Working fine for me so far. 

khealer97 #3 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 21:33

Private

• -Players-
  • 372 battles
  • [MAG7] MAG7

My game won't launch when I hit play. It just closes the window. I'm not sure what the issue is but I could really use some help. Everything worked fine before the update yesterday

Edited by khealer97, Oct 18 2017 - 21:36.

khealer97 #4 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 21:44

Private

• -Players-
  • 372 battles
  • [MAG7] MAG7

View Postkhealer97, on Oct 18 2017 - 21:33, said:

My game won't launch when I hit play. It just closes the window. I'm not sure what the issue is but I could really use some help. Everything worked fine before the update yesterday

Nvm delete last post

khealer97 #5 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 16:26

Private

• -Players-
  • 372 battles
  • [MAG7] MAG7

View Postblack_colt, on Oct 18 2017 - 16:32, said:

Please post to this Forum thread for issues with the WoT Mac Wrapper [v2.10.12] and World of Tanks 9.20.1 that just dropped this morning.

I've downloaded Studly Utility, disabled torrents, and deleted and re-installed the game and nothing has changed. I still can't open my game when I hit play in the launcher. Pls help

black_colt #6 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 23:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View Postkhealer97, on Oct 20 2017 - 07:26, said:

I've downloaded Studly Utility, disabled torrents, and deleted and re-installed the game and nothing has changed. I still can't open my game when I hit play in the launcher. Pls help

Make sure the WoT Mac Wrapper has quit.

Use Activity Monitor to close/force close any World of Tanks and wine processes.

Open the Studly Utility

Click on [World of Tanks] then [Troubleshooting] then click on the button most appropriate for your issue.  I suggest that you click [Reset Wrapper]

NOTE: This will reset all of your custom in-game settings - e.g. window size, reticle, control speed, etc. so you will need to reapply.

khealer97 #7 Posted Oct 21 2017 - 03:38

Private

• -Players-
  • 372 battles
  • [MAG7] MAG7

View Postblack_colt, on Oct 20 2017 - 23:59, said:

Make sure the WoT Mac Wrapper has quit.

Use Activity Monitor to close/force close any World of Tanks and wine processes.

Open the Studly Utility

Click on [World of Tanks] then [Troubleshooting] then click on the button most appropriate for your issue.  I suggest that you click [Reset Wrapper]

NOTE: This will reset all of your custom in-game settings - e.g. window size, reticle, control speed, etc. so you will need to reapply.

I don't know what I'm looking for in Activity Monitor. I don't know what processes are related to WoT or wine.

black_colt #8 Posted Oct 21 2017 - 04:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View Postkhealer97, on Oct 20 2017 - 18:38, said:

I don't know what I'm looking for in Activity Monitor. I don't know what processes are related to WoT or wine.

Generally quitting the WoT Mac Wrapper will close all related processes in 99 percent of the time but sometimes it does not.

Open [Activity Monitor] click on the [CPU] button and then look in the [Process name] column for any process with [tank] or [wine] in it - e.g. wineserver - select that process and click on the [Force a process to quit] button in the menu [looks like a stop sign with an x in it].

If you do not see any then the WoT Mac Wrapper correctly closed all of its related processes - that is a good thing.

hazmatman #9 Posted Oct 23 2017 - 00:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11189 battles
So far no issues but I have only played a couple matches in 9.20.1. I just updated my iMac and rMBP, then logged into the garage to see if my FV215b was still there, took the SC for a couple laps, and logged back out. But otherwise, nothing to speak of.

tankhero85 #10 Posted Oct 24 2017 - 14:41

Private

• -Players-
  • 28 battles

Hi  guys  im  playing on the ASIAN  server  there is no such mac  topic on the Asian server  

XVM    and  yasenkrasen  not  working   my  game  freezes when entering the  battle  did  everything  to no availl 

just tried aslain  same  issue   what am i doing  wrong  ?   

Tried studly  etc  nothing  

waiting for  codeweavers  update  

thanks in advance  

Charlie 

black_colt #11 Posted Oct 24 2017 - 15:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View Posttankhero85, on Oct 24 2017 - 05:41, said:

Hi  guys  im  playing on the ASIAN  server  there is no such mac  topic on the Asian server  

XVM    and  yasenkrasen  not  working   my  game  freezes when entering the  battle  did  everything  to no availl 

just tried aslain  same  issue   what am i doing  wrong  ?   

Tried studly  etc  nothing  

waiting for  codeweavers  update  

thanks in advance  

Charlie 

XVM and MODs have been reported as causing issues - have you tried running the game using [Launch the game is safe mode]?

If the game launches without issues and you are able to join a battle and play then your MODs [XVM is a MOD] are causing the issue.

CodeWeavers and Wargaming are not responsible for issues arising from the use of MODs so there cannot be any expectation that they should fix.  If a MOD is causing the issue - then the update comes from the MOD provider.

Aslain is using a nightly build of XVM in his latest MOD pack [v9.20.1 #5 (22-10-2017)].

Nightly builds of XVM, per their web page, are ["work in progress builds". They are based on the current stage of XVM's code, but have not been tested at all. Nightly builds contain subquality work, can contain new bugs, and are intended ONLY for testing purpose]  So you should expect issues.

If you want to run XVM then you should be running the latest public-build [XVM 7.1.0]

I have been using Solo's MOD Pack to great success with the WoT Mac Wrapper - I recommend that you check it out.

Edited by black_colt, Oct 24 2017 - 16:19.

black_colt #12 Posted Oct 24 2017 - 18:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Oct 24 2017 - 06:45, said:

XVM and MODs have been reported as causing issues - have you tried running the game using [Launch the game is safe mode]?

If the game launches without issues and you are able to join a battle and play then your MODs [XVM is a MOD] are causing the issue.

CodeWeavers and Wargaming are not responsible for issues arising from the use of MODs so there cannot be any expectation that they should fix.  If a MOD is causing the issue - then the update comes from the MOD provider.

Aslain is using a nightly build of XVM in his latest MOD pack [v9.20.1 #5 (22-10-2017)].

Nightly builds of XVM, per their web page, are ["work in progress builds". They are based on the current stage of XVM's code, but have not been tested at all. Nightly builds contain subquality work, can contain new bugs, and are intended ONLY for testing purpose]  So you should expect issues.

If you want to run XVM then you should be running the latest public-build [XVM 7.1.0]

I have been using Solo's MOD Pack to great success with the WoT Mac Wrapper - I recommend that you check it out.

Aslain just posted the following:

Attention to ASIA region, whatever WG did to your client it ended up with few mods being not comaptible with your region, no idea when this will be solved. You probably need to wait, playe vanilla or reduce mods amount.

As I do not run Aslain's MOD Pack I am not sure how you uninstall/reduce mods amount ...

Deutschland_Johnny #13 Posted Oct 24 2017 - 23:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13515 battles

Game will not "Quit" from in-game menu. I can only force quit. I remember a while back, there were a couple of files that are not needed and could be deleted. This seemed to resolve the getting into garage and closing issues.

Any help would be great.

BTW. I performed a complete new install, after using the Studly utility, and I run no mods at all.

black_colt #14 Posted Oct 25 2017 - 00:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostDeutschland_Johnny, on Oct 24 2017 - 14:59, said:

Game will not "Quit" from in-game menu. I can only force quit. I remember a while back, there were a couple of files that are not needed and could be deleted. This seemed to resolve the getting into garage and closing issues.

Any help would be great.

BTW. I performed a complete new install, after using the Studly utility, and I run no mods at all.

If you have not already tried ... the following will require you to reset all custom setting - e.g. reticle, sound, graphics

Make sure the WoT Mac Wrapper has quit.  Use Activity Monitor to force quit any [world of tanks] and [wine] processes left open.

Open the Studly Utility

Click on [World of Tanks] then [Troubleshooting] then [Reset Wrapper]

NOTE: You will not get any notification that the Wrapper is reset after clicking - this is an expected behavior

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper

NOTE: The Wrapper will appear to launch twice - this is expected behavior

tankhero85 #15 Posted Oct 25 2017 - 13:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 28 battles

Hi, guys  thanks for  the replies highly appreciated.  I  addressed codeweaver  with the mods I am using  XVM  yasenkrasen and sight warrior  I deleted  XVM kinda useless I used for the auto-return crew but  now its ingame available.

CodeWeavers advised  to  run  disk utility  and run  first aid  permissions   problem  solved    

the game is  smoother to play  and  no hickups  anymore  

thx again  

good luck  

tankhero85 #16 Posted Oct 25 2017 - 14:48

Private

• -Players-
  • 28 battles

forgot to tell after  i ran disk utility with xvm and  2  other above mentioned mods  the game client stalled as before   deleted  xvm  all clear  even my sight warrior  works like a charm  now  before  my  gun didnt fire at all  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users