47 replies to this topic

nxp #21 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 19:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35550 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI

View Post101MeatShield, on Oct 18 2017 - 13:11, said:

Really? What was fixed?

What was so broken that needed fixed more than this?

MM-STILL-SUCKS.jpg

If my drain was clogged and I hired a plumber and all he did was polish the faucet do I still pay him?

Whatever man this game aint gonna listen!

Edited:

Decided to uninstall and move on!

uninstall-wot.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Give me your Email and Password, come back in 1 month i will make this account look purple.

101MeatShield #22 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 19:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17614 battles
  • [CLOAK] CLOAK

View PostDoomslinger__, on Oct 18 2017 - 12:50, said:

You are blaming the mm but the mm only selects players that are in the que. The majority of players in random battles are bad at the game at all tiers so what can you expect? I am guessing that a large percentage of players just want to zombie grind up the tech trees to higher tiers so they rush out and get 1 shot of damage average in most battles to do that. I guess you could blame wg for designing a game that allows players to work up the tech trees by playing like that. Those players make the battles chaotic.

I am going to disagree with that.....

There is more at play with MM than WG is admitting. They never respond to consumer concerns about this topic so I will just accept the fact that they have something to hide..

So until further notice I will not be accepting blanket statements like the one you just made!

Doomslinger__ #23 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 19:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles

View Post101MeatShield, on Oct 18 2017 - 14:53, said:

I am going to disagree with that.....

There is more at play with MM than WG is admitting. They never respond to consumer concerns about this topic so I will just accept the fact that they have something to hide..

So until further notice I will not be accepting blanket statements like the one you just made!

I only stated facts. You can agree or disagree but I am still right either way. One thing I will never understand is why do people feel the need to go on the forums and post about how they uninstalled the game? I have played other online games and when I finally quit them for whatever reason, I didn't feel the need to let the world know about it. I guess I knew I was just another player and nothing special so who would even care? If I was a celebrity or famous streamer, then it would make sense to make a post about leaving a game but for the average person, why even bother?

Edited by Doomslinger__, Oct 18 2017 - 19:58.

JOSEPHINEISH #24 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 19:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19204 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM

View PostAwestryker, on Oct 18 2017 - 13:31, said:

Play in carry tanks and carry your team...dont play arty...

This 1000 times this!

101MeatShield #25 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 19:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17614 battles
  • [CLOAK] CLOAK

View Postnxp, on Oct 18 2017 - 12:51, said:

Give me your Email and Password, come back in 1 month i will make this account look purple.

but you are blue? 

Not for nothing but Purple is not impressive. Some people get all goofy about Purple players like they are a gamer god but those of us with common sense know that in a random PUG Purples are bad for the team. they are the OP tanks that hide along the boundaries of the map until the end of the match where they swoop in and get a few kills from the stragglers the rest of the team didnt finish off. 

Edited by 101MeatShield, Oct 18 2017 - 19:58.

101MeatShield #26 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 19:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17614 battles
  • [CLOAK] CLOAK

View PostDoomslinger__, on Oct 18 2017 - 12:55, said:

I only stated facts. You can agree or disagree but I am still right either way.

eh, not sure you are entitled to your own facts!

Unless you have some sort of credentials I am unaware of!

cnumartyr #27 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 20:01

Captain

• Players
  • 9936 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View Post101MeatShield, on Oct 18 2017 - 13:57, said:

but you are blue? 

Not for nothing but Purple is not impressive. Some people get all goofy about Purple players like they are a gamer god but those of us with common sense know that in a random PUG Purples are bad for the team. they are the OP tanks that hide along the boundaries of the map until the end of the match where they swoop in and get a few kills from the stragglers the rest of the team didnt finish off. 

Not even close to what I see with high tier unicums.  Low tier damage farmers?  Maybe.

Doomslinger__ #28 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 20:03

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles

View Post101MeatShield, on Oct 18 2017 - 14:58, said:

eh, not sure you are entitled to your own facts!

Unless you have some sort of credentials I am unaware of!

Why would a person need "credentials" to state facts? If you were discussing a theory, then yes, you would need "credentials" but not for common facts. If I said that the earth has a moon, that is fact that is common knowledge. Then you would say you don't accept that because I don't have proven "credentials". It is a fact that there is a large percentage of players that work up the tech trees just like I stated above.

Edited by Doomslinger__, Oct 18 2017 - 20:04.

Dogsoldier6 #29 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 20:04

Major

• Players
  • 53242 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View Post101MeatShield, on Oct 18 2017 - 19:53, said:

I am going to disagree with that..... You have the right to disagree.

There is more at play with MM than WG is admitting. They never respond to consumer concerns about this topic so I will just accept the fact that they have something to hide.. The tinfoil is strong in this one Yoda.............

So until further notice I will not be accepting blanket statements like the one you just made! Whom is also making blanket statements????????????

A few annoying facts for you to consider................

1) Does MM take into account the skill of the players driving the tanks? Nope

2) Does WoT have any control over a players actions AFTER the counter hits zero? Nope.

3) Would a skill based MM change this? Nope.... Just play Clan Wars or Strongholds where the teams are evenly matched in skill (Been in many of those) and blowouts still happen a lot.

So you tell me, WoT, and everybody here what the solution is...................

101MeatShield #30 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 20:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17614 battles
  • [CLOAK] CLOAK

View Postcnumartyr, on Oct 18 2017 - 13:01, said:

Not even close to what I see with high tier unicums.  Low tier damage farmers?  Maybe.

well then, pay more attention..

I play ARTY all day every day and I XVM Focus Purple when available. RARE to actually see one these days..

So I know what they do on my team and on the enemy as well. I take great pride in targeting them the entire match... I know where to shoot based on what tanks they are stat padding with. I anticipate their every move!

101MeatShield #31 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 20:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17614 battles
  • [CLOAK] CLOAK

View PostDogsoldier6, on Oct 18 2017 - 13:04, said:

A few annoying facts for you to consider................

1) Does MM take into account the skill of the players driving the tanks? Nope

2) Does WoT have any control over a players actions AFTER the counter hits zero? Nope.

3) Would a skill based MM change this? Nope.... Just play Clan Wars or Strongholds where the teams are evenly matched in skill (Been in many of those) and blowouts still happen a lot.

So you tell me, WoT, and everybody here what the solution is...................

Uninstall the game, that is the solution.. WG has an agenda, the lack of transparency makes this obvious.. Nothing they change will ever correct this problem.

At the heart of the problem you will find the SOLUTION WG came up with to control the "Bell Curve"...

This system of control is the very issue!

If you do not immediately understand what I am eluding to then you have no business commenting on this post!

Uncle_Napalm #32 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 20:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12408 battles
  • [XFOL] XFOL

View Post101MeatShield, on Oct 18 2017 - 13:11, said:

Really? What was fixed?

What was so broken that needed fixed more than this?

MM-STILL-SUCKS.jpg

If my drain was clogged and I hired a plumber and all he did was polish the faucet do I still pay him?

Whatever man this game aint gonna listen!

Edited:

Decided to uninstall and move on!

uninstall-wot.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Looks like you played a broken "tank" arty and committed suicide at the end of the battle after contributing nothing. I think you should have uninstalled 10,000 games ago.

Dogsoldier6 #33 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 20:46

Major

• Players
  • 53242 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View Post101MeatShield, on Oct 18 2017 - 20:34, said:

Uninstall the game, that is the solution.. WG has an agenda, the lack of transparency makes this obvious.. Nothing they change will ever correct this problem.

At the heart of the problem you will find the SOLUTION WG came up with to control the "Bell Curve"...

This system of control is the very issue!

If you do not immediately understand what I am eluding to then you have no business commenting on this post!

I have all the right in the world to comment on your dribble.

You are claiming that somehow the system is rigged, which is laughable in its own right.

Please explain to all of us here exactly HOW WoT is in control of what players do in a battle? What tank they pick? How good or bad they are in that tank? What skills/perks they put on those tanks? How sober/drunk a player is? I could list a few dozen more FACTS that WoT has zero control over. So the mere attempt to even try to exert control over what happens in a battle is laughable.

I feel like I listening to the end of Rush's 2112 when you talk "People of the Solar Federation. People of the Solar Federation. We have assumed control..... We have assumed control."

Brummie96 #34 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 20:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 21111 battles
  • [DPIX] DPIX

View Post101MeatShield, on Oct 18 2017 - 14:31, said:

well then, pay more attention..

I play ARTY all day every day and I XVM Focus Purple when available. RARE to actually see one these days..

So I know what they do on my team and on the enemy as well. I take great pride in targeting them the entire match... I know where to shoot based on what tanks they are stat padding with. I anticipate their every move!

Glad you are unistalling, XVM focusing arty players are the worst thing about this game. I'm not gonna miss ya :teethhappy:

Flaming_Manatees #35 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 20:57

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11674 battles
Everyone at WG has conspired against you MeatShield. You and you alone are the target of their anger. Good thing to get out while you still can...

LpBronco #36 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 20:57

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 36769 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

View Post65Camino, on Oct 18 2017 - 13:31, said:

Metaphors aside, the patch notes alluded to improved matchmaking with regard to the composition of opposing units - more evenly matched with regard to tank types.

WG has emphatically stated in the past that skill based MM is not going to happen.

Wouldn't matter if you could find a way to skill match the games, there would still be one sided games. It's the nature of any kind of hit point reduction game, Early mistakes snowball and create one sided results  (One of the reasons suiscouting is such a waste).

101MeatShield #37 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 21:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17614 battles
  • [CLOAK] CLOAK

View PostLpBronco, on Oct 18 2017 - 13:57, said:

Wouldn't matter if you could find a way to skill match the games, there would still be one sided games. It's the nature of any kind of hit point reduction game, Early mistakes snowball and create one sided results  (One of the reasons suiscouting is such a waste).

No it is not the nature! Maybe in the poorly made ones like this!

Sacula #38 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 21:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17416 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

None of these changes that WG is doing were ever going to fix the problem with 15-0,15-1 etc wipeouts. They could have saved themselves a lot of time and money by using an ELO rating like every other PVP game in the world uses.

You don't need to have all the terrible players playing each other just make it so each team has about the same number of good/bad players matched up.

LpBronco #39 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 21:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 36769 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

View Post101MeatShield, on Oct 18 2017 - 15:04, said:

No it is not the nature! Maybe in the poorly made ones like this!

Did you play ranked? Can't get more skill based than that  - win or go home and there were still one sided games. You're blaming the game instead of the gamers. Best if i walk away from this now as I really don't have the time for this.

101MeatShield #40 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 21:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17614 battles
  • [CLOAK] CLOAK

View PostSacula, on Oct 18 2017 - 14:11, said:

None of these changes that WG is doing were ever going to fix the problem with 15-0,15-1 etc wipeouts. They could have saved themselves a lot of time and money by using an ELO rating like every other PVP game in the world uses.

You don't need to have all the terrible players playing each other just make it so each team has about the same number of good/bad players matched up.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner....

WG wants to sell thier system to other game makers, meanwhile the rest of the world is laughing at them for their ignorance..

WG thinks they are the first people to ever come up with this idea, the truth is most have and easily dismiss it because... WELL IT IS STUPID and dishonest! Nothing but a rabbit hole!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users