* * * * - 3 votes

[9.20.1] Matchmaker Changes

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Antrageous #61 Posted Sep 12 2018 - 06:13

Private

• Players
  • 7050 battles

I have only been playing for a couple of years and am not very good but even I can see the teams suck.  It's always 99% of the time one team annihilates the other, there are never any close matches or games that really get your blood pumping.  They are just getting more and more boring.

Harvester_0f_Sorrow #62 Posted Oct 05 2018 - 23:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21060 battles
  • [RDDT3] RDDT3
Just more garbage and you try to say improved!!! + - 1 tier spreads is the only thing that will help at this point. But the unicums will cry all day so that wont happen. Pointless even coming to the forum.

KnottHead #63 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 00:16

Private

• Players
  • 12366 battles

View PostDead_Zombie, on Nov 12 2017 - 17:31, said:

if WG really wanted to make the game enjoyable, they would use their PR system to balance teams before a match starts. its pretty freaking simple if they would just select the 30 tanks for the battle, then adjust players (back and forth between the teams) based on "WG Personal Rating System" and make teams balanced to within 2k total.. so if one teams total PR is 28k, the other teams should  be anywhere from 26 to 30K total (not hey, you get a total of 15k and the other team gets a total of 50K)... PR isn't perfect, but its a lot better then giving one team nothing but pure trash / bots over and over and over again.. its no wonder people are walking away. game has turn into a game of trash.. next they will tell u how their MM and RNG is correct, but then turn around and have bug after bug in this game after this many years?. .I guess they want us to believe their RNG or MM isn't bugged? give it a rest. now, back to  WWII, no RNG (Ruins Numerous Games) over here

In my opinion these "Fantasy" and 'never built prototypes" should NEVER be in games with REAL tanks.  WG is now pushing the Tiger 131 vs M4A3E8 Fury and telling you to play the movie matchup.  Like that is the way MM will mix battles with either of those tanks.  There needs to be several 'FORMATS" for games available to play.  IE: Histoical...Only tanks that actually fought against each other.  Fantasy...Historical tanks against ANY tank, real or fantasy.  Just Sayin...

docroberts #64 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 01:21

Captain

• Players
  • 19110 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX
Make tier 8 great again ,, TRUMP IT UP !!! … Make it where you at least have an equal type tanks on each team . Not going against one side and a toon of T95s .. And I don't care if im bottom tier Im just so freaking tired of being over matched every game and blowing everything on G! Dam Ammo !! And Repair!! and most of the time its a steamroll where the team only kills one to 4 tanks , And 3/4 of the other team has over 1 K damage dealt  on the other team and mine only about the top third team . Myself I would play tier 10s if I wasn't losing 80k on a dam game . Then trying to grind that back in tier 8s . IT DOESNT PAY ANYMORE !!! I didn't PAY preem time and Gold and XP to sit here and watch a garage full of dusty tanks . The way it is now is just cannon fodder for 268-4s and other type of tanks . I didn't like parts of the old system . And I didn't mind going into games on the occasion I was one of two or three  tier 8s on the team at least you assisted penning tracks and helping the team . KEY WORD TEAM … Oh forget it Im just sick to death of losing my credits and XP on no ended games . P.S. Fix the DAM SHELL SPREAD . That doesn't help when you derp the ground several times in a row and cant place a shot right where or near where your aiming . Or crit hits over and over , I'm sorry your gun can rip them a new hole but you didn't penetrate there armor in there side  . SO SORRY , Thank you please try again later .  And thank you for shopping at WGings discount center ….. 

Harvester_0f_Sorrow #65 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 03:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21060 battles
  • [RDDT3] RDDT3

View PostDead_Zombie, on Nov 12 2017 - 15:31, said:

if WG really wanted to make the game enjoyable, they would use their PR system to balance teams before a match starts. its pretty freaking simple if they would just select the 30 tanks for the battle, then adjust players (back and forth between the teams) based on "WG Personal Rating System" and make teams balanced to within 2k total.. so if one teams total PR is 28k, the other teams should  be anywhere from 26 to 30K total (not hey, you get a total of 15k and the other team gets a total of 50K)... PR isn't perfect, but its a lot better then giving one team nothing but pure trash / bots over and over and over again.. its no wonder people are walking away. game has turn into a game of trash.. next they will tell u how their MM and RNG is correct, but then turn around and have bug after bug in this game after this many years?. .I guess they want us to believe their RNG or MM isn't bugged? give it a rest. now, back to  WWII, no RNG (Ruins Numerous Games) over here

Yes, plus 5/10 matchmaking only + or - 1 tiers.

LpBronco #66 Posted Oct 06 2018 - 10:47

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 39713 battles
  • [TG] TG

Just stop with decrying the matchmaking and then proposing even more restrictive criteria. How can this many people be so dense?

Return ALL the possible templates to the game, loosen the class restrictions, and remove the SPG caps. Then we may start to see some of the return of the variety that was once WoT and a more balanced experience for everyone.

docroberts #67 Posted Oct 07 2018 - 00:15

Captain

• Players
  • 19110 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX
I Can Tell You One FU*&^%$% Thing Today Im So FREAKING !! TIRED OF THE ONE SIDED LOSSES .. Every dam game all I see is you lose 10k here and 10 K there !! No freaking  XP !!! The other teams are SOOOOoooo Freaking over matched it's NOT EVEN FREAKING FUNNY !!!! And you ppl want me to spend my money on this CRAP . I cant even get my x4 … Enough of this  Crap WAKE ME WHEN YOU DECIDE UN SCREW IT UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Xhizzous #68 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 13:17

Private

• -Players-
  • 9152 battles
  • [RDTT2] RDTT2

View Postdocroberts, on Oct 07 2018 - 00:15, said:

I Can Tell You One FU*&^%$% Thing Today Im So FREAKING !! TIRED OF THE ONE SIDED LOSSES .. Every dam game all I see is you lose 10k here and 10 K there !! No freaking  XP !!! The other teams are SOOOOoooo Freaking over matched it's NOT EVEN FREAKING FUNNY !!!! And you ppl want me to spend my money on this CRAP . I cant even get my x4 … Enough of this  Crap WAKE ME WHEN YOU DECIDE UN SCREW IT UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I have the same problem, Blowout after blowout this weekend friday through sunday.... crapRNG to where I cant pen the back of a progetto with an m41 ... and that's when you can get a fully aimed shell to actually hit.  Punishing costs if you decide to play high tiers even with premium account.  Cant make any money if your team gets steamrolled... and when it happens game after game whats the point in playing at all.  

Its all fine and good there is an event going on and such. But when you cant win any games all it makes absolutely not difference, look at all the x4's that were impossible / to painful to keep trying to get.  Lets not forget the people that just push you out of position/ off hills/ cliffs.  No wonder there are so many toxic / frusterated / angry community members.  Between BS RNG, Matchmaking, getting crapon by artillary with no counter play options, and game bugs (improperly modled terrain, Ghost shells, game crashes, 2-3 min "updating statistics" loading screens). 

No wonder the game is bleeding players at an insane rate.  The ones that even want to stick around are punished until they just give up, I know im not the only one.  I have been mulling over the idea of trying to charge back every single cent I have spent on this game and just letting my account get banned and never looking back.  It may be the only thing wargaming notices is if people hit them in the wallet. 

mfl350z #69 Posted Oct 10 2018 - 04:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 30816 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

Between the the blowout games and my game crashing 1-2-3 times a game (I particularly like the error message "unable to build the sea gull or sparrow model" that's funny) Wargaming has finally successfully changed the moniker "Pay to win" to "Pay to LOSE".  I think it's funny they add all these flashy modifications to the user interface to buy tanks, gold, premium time and like the morons we are we just keep getting suckered in to these lopsided games.  Since the MM change update my win-rate and wn8 has dropped.  

My clan record is 12 straight losses.   

Oh yea and I really love being hit by a 60TP with HEAT in my TIER 8 T-69 for 890dmg, come on now that's just EFN fun RIGHT!

Edited by mfl350z, Oct 10 2018 - 04:19.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #70 Posted Oct 19 2018 - 07:18

Major

• Players
  • 30021 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostPb_magnet, on Jun 02 2018 - 22:35, said:

Thank you for the nice copy and paste. With that aside I would like to address an issue that I am finding very challenging in almost every match I play. 

1. MM having "not one, not two" three SPG's in every match I have played so far. I realize that many players play these for campaigns (or so I am told) and many play them because they are the lowest skill set in the game (yes I have played them and they are low skill set). Yet, having three in every match ruins the game for everyone involved. Could there be a compromise? Maybe just one per match? Or having WoT do a test on the live server and offer a option in settings that lets a player chose to check/click the box and you will not see SPG's in the match when you play random games. WoT could use these results to gain an idea how many players do not like three SPG's every match and chose to play without them completely.

2. I believe the game is developed in the Belarus country and that the focus may stem decisively Russian and most of the money may come from the Russian server/s and I have read the Twitch/You-tube bloggers talk about the known Russian biased tanks that lead in every tier yet I would be pleased to see if they are doing anything about changing that known problem with the game? 

3. I purchased preference tanks with hard earned cash. I do not wish to have these taken away after I was guaranteed via contract with the posted purchase option by WoT. Am I the only one that believes this a contract violation in the least?

I hope someone in leadership reads this and can offer a positive response.

Thank you.

1.  I find matches without arty dull, boring, and VERY predictable.  So don't claim to speak that 3 arty "ruins" the game for "everyone".  The majority prefer the game with arty, that's been proven time and time again via polling.

Can other have boxes to avoid playing against a class they don't want to?  No heavies.....another for no mediums etc.  Do you see how ridiculous that is now?  Everyone would have different boxes checked and we would get few matches.  WG has already stated there will be no check boxes to avoid any class.

2.  The notion of "Russian Bias" is nothing more than confirmation bias, look it up.

3.  "I purchased preference tanks with hard earned cash."

I'm assuming you mean you purchased premiums tanks with preferential MM.  Those aren't getting removed, they are keeping the same MM and just getting a slight buff.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #71 Posted Oct 19 2018 - 07:24

Major

• Players
  • 30021 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostLtKelly, on Jun 18 2018 - 21:33, said:

Do the European, Latin American, and Asian server players have the same gripes with Matchmaking as the US players. If not why don't you try their MM on our server. If yes, time to Sub Contract the matchmaker program out to get a fresh view on how its workings.

I just finished a battle where the other team had a T10 type5, t9 type4 that just walked across the map where nothing could frontally touch them. 

Have you guys ever considered a separate SUPER HEAVY classification for ALL tank classes. Then set MM up so not one team would get ALL the super heavies on them at the higher tiers.

It is supposed to sort super heavies to each side.  The problem is platoons.  MM will BREAKS it's own "rules" to get people in a match quickly.  Unlike in WoWs where they have hard MM rules and you don't get lopsided super heavies(ships not tanks, but you get the idea) on one side.

WG please STOP allowing MM to break it's rules.  If there aren't equal teams to be make, kick them out of MM queue and they can pick another tank.  Stop letting people rig the MM. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users