[9.20.1] Matchmaker Changes

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Rolling_Pig #101 Posted Jan 10 2019 - 23:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18332 battles
  • [T-D-W] T-D-W
Yep.  WOT is dead.  Its down to 5500 players today versus when I stared it never dropped below 30000.  WOT does not care.  They will never fix the MM problem.  I have written ticket after ticket and all they keep telling me is to read the camo skills better, read where to shoot better, read what ammo to use better. 

Capt_Magpie #102 Posted Jan 18 2019 - 17:06

Private

• Players
  • 20036 battles
  • [BURD] BURD

Matchmaker is horribly broken right now. Horribly. Blow-out after blow-out.

J_REB #103 Posted Feb 04 2019 - 13:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 45744 battles
No one who has played lately can argue that MM needs help.  The large influx of inexperienced players in tier 8-10 tanks throw a curve to MM.  Pretty much win rate is now unpredictable, and regardless of your skill ( u too trolls), you most likely cannot carry when heavies snipe and lights do not scout.  Perhaps PR or even WIN 8 might be a better statistic to use in MM?  At least you have some influence over PR and WIN 8.  Just a thought.

_I_AM_BAD_ #104 Posted Feb 05 2019 - 03:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8103 battles
3 arty per team is broken. 3 5 7 is broken. bye.

cloudwalkr #105 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 00:05

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56092 battles

I'm still trying to figure out how people who want MM based on skill or whatever skill metric you want to use...don't understand that it will be the very definition of "rigged" MM?   You will see 1000x's more "game is rigged" complaints than you do now...because the game will be rigged. 

"Oh, I quit they got the 2600 rated player and we got the 2k rated player"

"Game is rigged, they got the 3k player and we got the 2.3k player"

"Game is rigged they got the 'whatever' and we didn't"

The MM needs to be balanced on tank types so one team isn't flooded with high alpha high armored TD's and heavies while the enemy is lights and mediums.  Then it needs to go Fog of War so you don't even see player ratings or names but only tanks in the enemy lineup.  Take the entire notion of "they got the better team" out of it by not even showing things like that.  

I, personally, do not want to be cherry picked and hand placed on any team.  I want a random chance.  Sometimes my team will be better, sometimes it wont be...but I'll remain the one constant and my skill (or lack there of) will be the difference maker over the long run.

Fog of War would be the best thing introduced in this game in a long time imo.  Not like this thread is actually doing anything anyway.

01LT #106 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 18:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34240 battles
There is nothing wrong with and has never been anything wrong with match making. The only problem with game is the other MM (MAP MAKING) better maps alow lower their tanks opportunity to truly flank and pen were they can backs and sides. This is the main and only problem wit game. WG tends to make maps where u funnel down a path  or corridor forcing you to try and pen front armor with an inferior tank. Once again better maps would solve 90% of WOT'S problem.

Edited by 01LT, May 17 2019 - 02:00.

DVK9 #107 Posted Feb 13 2019 - 18:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25943 battles
  • [-TX-] -TX-

WoT got so many inexperienced players into a Tier 8 tanks because of frontline.

You have guys in battle that dont how to jerk it let alone battle and when your MM is 5-10 or the wonderful 3-5-7 it get frustrating fighting with guys who should be at tier 3,4,and 5 learning instead of screwing up a game.

Richman #108 Posted Feb 20 2019 - 03:46

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 53103 battles
  • [-RH-] -RH-
fix the mm...done with game.  lost a long time player. 

cavalry11 #109 Posted Feb 28 2019 - 16:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49150 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
You must realize they just want you to shut up and pay,pay,pay.

tod914 #110 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 01:31

Major

• Players
  • 64246 battles
I thought the match maker was working better before the 3 5 7.  Mainly because my tier 8s weren't stuck on bottom tier most of the time.  I suspect tier 5 and 6 suffered the same fate.  Just adjust it so you see more top and middle tier.  Dats it.

01LT #111 Posted Mar 01 2019 - 06:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34240 battles

Match making has never been the problem with this  game as i stated be for. The one and only problem with this game is the other MM MAP MAKING. Better map is only thing needed in this game ones that you can actually FLANK on and not just funnel down a corridor or lemming up some hill. Better maps gives everyone playing a chance to be part of the larger fight and go to anywhere on the map. Lower tier tank can get better positions on higher tier tank and get penetrating shots from rears and sides. But no..... WOT's map making standards are just garbage. SAME OLE maps just different weathers and backgrounds. for example EL HALUFF, WESTFIELD, and PROVINCE are just basic clones of each other. you can only really effectively play the map edges and venture into the center of map just makes you cannon fodder. Any Map were when its played 80% of all players on the map end up in 1 general area its a terrible maps. Seriously whats the rest of the map for? Any map where its expected that only heavy's can go in certain spots and lites go in this spot  once again its a terrible map.

So stop complaining about MATCH MAKING and start DEMANDING BETTER MAPS.

cloudwalkr #112 Posted Mar 04 2019 - 01:31

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 56092 battles

View PostRolling_Pig, on Feb 27 2019 - 21:47, said:

Wargaming does not believe in listening to its players.  they will never do PR or anything remotely close to skill level matchmaking because it would put everybody into three classes:  1) great players which would be less than 10% and it would take 20 minutes to get into a battle, 2) poor players same as one, and everybody else.  In addition, it would mean the loser developers at wargaming would have to admit they have made a mistake for the last several years.... Go ahead and ban me from commenting.... im only telling the truth about wargaming, they dont listen.....

It appears you only like to send pm's with insults to people and then add them to ignore...so tell us more about who doesn't listen?  

Yup, this little tike here insults and attacks those who have a differing opinion then they do and when you try to talk to them about it...bam (big surprise) you're added to ignore.  Typical little kid.  It was good for a laugh though.

01LT #113 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 05:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34240 battles

Hope im not first to say this but there is NOTHING wrong with and has NEVER been anything wrong with the MM=MATCH MAKING in this game. You players n complain about the wrong MM and you DEVS  listen this whining.The only problem with this game is the MAP MAKING the other MM. With better maps that have better FLANKING opportunities  for the lighter armored and  lower tier tanks there would be no complaints.Because then the lighter tier tanks could flank and get side shots and back shots on more heavy armored tanks and you could say better players too. But most all these map that in current rotation are developed in such away to funnel you in a narrow corridor or lemming up some hill. The other type is wide open maps with 80% of map no mans land your just cannon fodder entering that area. You all know the maps I'm talking about. Forcing you to fight head on dog fights which mostly on the heavier armored tank wins. this gets old quick. Players running to 1 spot on map and there the whole game just watching everyone else die.

Seriously if 80% of all players (both teams included) on a map end up in 1 general area  80% of the time that map is made its a TERRIBLE MAP. EL Halluf, Himmeldorf, Fjords, karelia Come on man!! Whats the rest of the map for? And the Player mentality of these maps that heavy's Must take this line lites must go here. That's not team play. better maps would also elminate LEMMING trains on above mention maps and others.

1 there is no such thing as a SCOUT TANK.

2 lites should always team up with a heaver hitter tanks they distract enemy turning  so the heavy can get the critical shots. while getting there own shots in.

Anyway so again I don't believe there has ever been problem with match making just make better maps so every player can get his chance to do his best.

Leave the match making alone DEMAND BETTER MAPS.

NoLove_007 #114 Posted Apr 09 2019 - 06:02

Private

• -Players-
  • 7434 battles
  • [SHAQ] SHAQ
The changes in matching tanks and tiers is great. But at what cost? The last week I have never seen so many horrible players way to heavy on one team. Are you guys placing bots in the matches? I am not even a good player but I understand the maps and how to play them efficiently. I am seeing heavy tanks trying to spot in a field, light tanks hiding in the back behind artys, mediums trying to go head to head with a heavy. After matches I look at PR of each player and avg it out for each team and one team has an avg PR that is 1000-2000 higher than the other team...consistently! You guys sacrificed the player matchmaking for tanks and it is really bad. I for one do not think that this was thought out well. I will happily wait longer for a match as long as the system matches player rating/skill with tanks. I think a nice balance between the two would be much better. As a company you guys want to bring more people to the game and keep the ones you have. To do this you need a much better system of matchmaking, much better system of scoring (awarding more points for players who play their tank like its meant to be played), and overall better rewards. I for one will not be telling anyone that they should play this game as they would rage quit in the first week. Fix the matchmaking. Not sure where you got your requirements to develop the matchmaking to offset the team skill portion, but they were wrong or you documented the requirements incorrectly.

Rokchewer #115 Posted Apr 11 2019 - 08:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 35217 battles
  • [GRIM1] GRIM1
I think the new MM changes are awesome.  Been having WAY more fun and playing way more rounds than I have in ages.  I have a ton of premiums, over 125 now, many of which I didnt play much before.  I have been dragging tanks outta mothballs and having a blast with them since the changes. Tier 8 is way better and the que times are not a problem imo,  Only issue I have seen there is timing out in a tier 2 only premium late at night but thats no biggie.  Great job

Metal_Butcher #116 Posted May 01 2019 - 15:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 6304 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
I think this game is totally awesome with graphics and all the mechanics that is required to learn, but the fun factor is hugely reduced because MM is setting up blowouts. This is not random MM and I don't care what the community says. A very high percentage of the matches are just total blowouts and there is no chance to win. The fun factor is when your in close games and being apart of the intense battles. I didn't care about being lower tier this is where you need to learn mechanics and where to shoot and at times use gold to pen..or even heat. Damaging modules and crew is effective and helps the team. WOT is a business and the more games played the more money can be made...but the blowout matches is the huge component to a poor fun factor. I just want to see more balanced games. Switch the MM to a smaller % of blowouts and higher % to balanced matches!! 

Snakebyte77 #117 Posted May 02 2019 - 06:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13649 battles
  • [LMB] LMB
Matchmaker is so broken right now.  Ever since the last patch it has been the worst I have ever seen it.

Renato1280 #118 Posted May 03 2019 - 23:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5352 battles
  • [-OFF-] -OFF-

Hello!

I would like to suggest that tier 5 and above people would be obliged to choose 3 different tiers tanks to play a battle and match maker chooses one of them to play.

I guess it would make more same tier battles this way, or at least not have much +2/-2. And faster waiting times.

I would like to be able to order sort their priority, so, by the end of the week, we would have more games at first choice, then second, then last choice.

LeacingCarton1 #119 Posted May 04 2019 - 21:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21413 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
why cant we just have skilled based MM??? 

Tordace #120 Posted May 17 2019 - 01:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 20432 battles
  • [X-MEN] X-MEN
What happened to Grand Battles? I cant remember last time I got one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users