• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Horst_von_Usedom #21 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 03:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 54254 battles
  • [PZRGD] PZRGD

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Jan 19 2018 - 12:54, said:

You really sound like a butt hurt child.

" a bunch of nerds and game boys " would be the dead giveaway IMO.

You're just PO'd because you've got all the way to low end of average in 5 years and 47+k battles.

FYI the term clan is used in almost every internet based game out there to define a group of players who play together.

There are more connotations to clan than the KKK you know. The word was part of the vernacular prior to that group.

Many Scots and Irish consider their families as clans to this day. Nothing to do with morons travelling the countryside lighting cross shaped fires or dressing up in pillowcases and bedsheets.

WoT has nothing to do with tanks? Give me a toke of that stuff you're on! :trollface:

You obviously have no concept of or experience with armored vehicles or armored warfare. Instead of making an effort to understand, and join in the discussion, all you do is make personal attacks and insults against other players. Typical response from ignorant trash. 

Tahllol #22 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 03:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10826 battles

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Oct 18 2017 - 20:01, said:

Hey Tankers, let us know what you think of the new Matchmaker.  Notes here:

basically the patch notes are 100% BULLSHYTE as the teams tank make up isn't even remotely like that. Hell, between the tank make up and the crap skill make up always unbalancing it to 1 team the MM need a 100% flip, along with replacement of the team that came up with it. MM is the most unbalanced system I have ever seen in any game.

the_Deadly_Bulb #23 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 05:50

Major

• Players
  • 23090 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostHorst_von_Usedom, on Feb 12 2018 - 18:23, said:

You obviously have no concept of or experience with armored vehicles or armored warfare. Instead of making an effort to understand, and join in the discussion, all you do is make personal attacks and insults against other players. Typical response from ignorant trash.

I know, reading is hard for you types, right?

I wasn't the one flinging the crap.

From your stats I doubt you have much to teach me at any rate.

I know enough to do better than you as it is.

Horst_von_Usedom #24 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 15:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 54254 battles
  • [PZRGD] PZRGD

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Feb 12 2018 - 22:50, said:

I know, reading is hard for you types, right?

I wasn't the one flinging the crap.

From your stats I doubt you have much to teach me at any rate.

I know enough to do better than you as it is.

Bottom line up front, personal attacks by jerks like you significantly diminish the quality of Wargaming's forum. You bring a personal toxicity to the forum that results in most customers refusing to even make an effort to enter a discussion, ask critical questions or make recommendations. The person who is more than likely the butt hurt child here is you. Whatever motivates you to make personal attacks on other customers prevents you from being a part of any intelligent discussion. You ruin any chance of Wargaming receiving the evaluation and suggestions from the majority of their customers which may provide them the input necessary to conduct constructive change. The dialogue that a customer attempts to generate between themselves and Wargaming is not for you to evaluate, if you want to be a part of the discussion, then ask the customer questions like why are they angry or what recommendation they may have to correct what they see as a deficiency. Your pathetic attempts, and those of immature garbage like you to sabotage Forum have been quite successful so if that is your goal, congratulations you managed to ruin something else that might have been of value. I am certain my comments will be of scant value to you since you obviously are of low intelligence and little quality experience, but take heart, I know when to stop wasting effort on a fruitless pursuit and will respond no further to your ridiculous attempts at personal insults and Forum sabotage.

the_Deadly_Bulb #25 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 19:00

Major

• Players
  • 23090 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostHorst_von_Usedom, on Feb 13 2018 - 06:23, said:

Bottom line up front, personal attacks by jerks like you significantly diminish the quality of Wargaming's forum. You bring a personal toxicity to the forum that results in most customers refusing to even make an effort to enter a discussion, ask critical questions or make recommendations. The person who is more than likely the butt hurt child here is you. Whatever motivates you to make personal attacks on other customers prevents you from being a part of any intelligent discussion. You ruin any chance of Wargaming receiving the evaluation and suggestions from the majority of their customers which may provide them the input necessary to conduct constructive change. The dialogue that a customer attempts to generate between themselves and Wargaming is not for you to evaluate, if you want to be a part of the discussion, then ask the customer questions like why are they angry or what recommendation they may have to correct what they see as a deficiency. Your pathetic attempts, and those of immature garbage like you to sabotage Forum have been quite successful so if that is your goal, congratulations you managed to ruin something else that might have been of value. I am certain my comments will be of scant value to you since you obviously are of low intelligence and little quality experience, but take heart, I know when to stop wasting effort on a fruitless pursuit and will respond no further to your ridiculous attempts at personal insults and Forum sabotage.

TL DR

Don't care either.

Try some cheese with your whine. Perhaps some binder will help you with all this spitting up.

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Feb 13 2018 - 19:01.

shayynnee #26 Posted Mar 15 2018 - 08:19

Private

• -Players-
  • 1934 battles
  • [AC-DC] AC-DC

matchmaker is seriously broken with my 2 tier 5 mediums i am almost continuously 90% + bottom tier

this combined with gold ammo for opposition and there advanced skills makes it difficult if not possible to play.

you expect players to stay but the grind is very very tedious.

playing against players 2 tiers above you constantly is hideous and a serious mistake.

the chat is full of people that are very much against it also there are still tons of bots and illegal  mods being used the most insidious is the one where people shoot thru mountains and kill you yes its not an arty. Please I love this game fix it or risk losing majority of player base.

LpBronco #27 Posted Mar 15 2018 - 11:59

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 40148 battles
  • [TG] TG

The problem isn't the +/-2 matchmaking but the template that limits the programs ability to arrange a balanced number of matches at each step in the tiering. My average battle tier was exactly +1 my average tier before the change and even with me manipulating the results can't get it below a 1.2 and normally will run at 1.5-1.7.

Yes, this amounts to the game being at least 50% harder for newer players or middle tiered tanks.

Tahllol #28 Posted Mar 15 2018 - 13:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10826 battles

View Postshayynnee, on Mar 15 2018 - 08:19, said:

matchmaker is seriously broken with my 2 tier 5 mediums i am almost continuously 90% + bottom tier

this combined with gold ammo for opposition and there advanced skills makes it difficult if not possible to play.

you expect players to stay but the grind is very very tedious.

playing against players 2 tiers above you constantly is hideous and a serious mistake.

the chat is full of people that are very much against it also there are still tons of bots and illegal  mods being used the most insidious is the one where people shoot thru mountains and kill you yes its not an arty. Please I love this game fix it or risk losing majority of player base.

unfortunantly this is why the game is hemoraging players and can't keep new players trying the game to see if they like it. Especially since it doesn't get any better as you get into tier 8 when most matches are against tier 9 and 10, with tier 8 being seriously outmatched by tier 10s. They would be better off with a +/- 1 system as at least the tanks would stand a chance since 1 they have no clue how to balance tanks, and 2 they can't seem to figure out how to no rig the MM system towards 1 team constantly. 

Greyhound_2014 #29 Posted Mar 18 2018 - 22:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 993 battles

Myself I dont like the matchmaking in this game and have been here 4 years. My premium time will run out inb a few days and I will be gone again. Nothing chaanges for the good here. I remimbervery well why i quite playing the game a year aago and I will stop again after my time runs out.

Unicums are the only people that seem to think this MM is fair and will [edited]and whine to keep it in there favor.  F them and WG....

Varadax #30 Posted Apr 20 2018 - 06:22

Private

• -Players-
  • 9774 battles
  • [NVAD3] NVAD3

So why did I rate some aspects of the game so low on the current survey?  The entire game is structured to try and FORCE players to burn through silver so they have to buy more.  From placing low tier tanks in higher level games where they are at such a disadvantage (due to armor, speed, and piercing) where they have to spend money on "gold" ammo, to putting out tanks as premiums that are over powered or unbalanced towards non-premium tanks so as to force players to once more buy such tanks or gold ammo to refusing to match up players by skill rankings like other games do (I guess your not as smart as other companies as they can do it so damn easily).  Everyone complains on how much "gold" ammo is being used and you keep saying well only 5% of the ammo fired is gold.  But Jingles, QuickyBaby, Circonflexes and several others have shown repeated videos showing that claim is pure BS and it's only the low level tanks with rapid auto fire that skew the numbers.  In high level games the number quickly approaches 40-50% fired for lower tier tanks in a higher level game.  But hey you keep lying if it helps you sleep at night.  Is it any wonder WOT keeps showing up on the list of worst pay to win games out there?  Or how it's used as an example in some discussions on legislation to force game companies to reign in loot boxes (and oh by the way it would reduce the use of placing players in situations that force the average person to spend money in order to compete).  I keep playing as I enjoy the game, but I refuse to spend money as it pleases me to think you are making no money off me. Heck every time I log in an play you even lose a little money as you have to the servers and power and programs all running and get $0 from me. This brings a smile to my face as you just keep ignoring the average player and putting out false improvements that don't address underlying problems that force players to spend money. So every penny of expense I can squeeze from your carcass makes me happy. Maybe you'll eventually change. I see War Thunder and other games actively recruiting players from WOT advertising to them to avoid the crap above. Maybe the market place will force you to change. But I doubt it. The people in charge only care about lining their pockets and not a truly balanced and enjoyable game. If you every fixed the above I'd spend money on blink like special colors for my tanks or other items that DO NOT EFFECT GAME PLAY in order to support the game. Until then, oh well.

Breezy1 #31 Posted Apr 22 2018 - 10:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 35681 battles
  • [ACES_] ACES_
I was not a big fan of the previous MM, which is why I walked away from WoT for 2+ years. I returned recently to check out the new engine, physics, and graphics, which are nice. The latest revision is worse, where matchmaking and gameplay are concerned! I've been trying to platoon with a friend who is new to the game and we get owned 65-70% of the time down two tiers. This does not create incentive to platoon and bring friends together in common enjoyment of the game. We have had to cease platooning and play solo to avoid the punitive -2 tier battles we get 65-70% of the time. We are never top tier in a platoon. I would be okay with this if WG could revise the MM algorithm to a +/- 1 tier maximum system. Please consider doing so...

Edited by Breezy1, Apr 22 2018 - 10:38.

LpBronco #32 Posted Apr 23 2018 - 12:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 40148 battles
  • [TG] TG
Not interested in the +/-1 format. The +/-2 would be fine with less distinctions between tiers so that there isn't such a discrepancy between tanks in general. The template is the real issue as it creates an atmosphere of fatigue as why would I even try to play mid tier tanks and without player support for the middle tiers and players attempting to work up the ladder fewer and fewer new people will even bother to try. They need to incentivize the middle tiers and encourage game play by creating a more balanced approach (like maybe the one they had). I should spend as much time top tier as middle or bottom tier especially in tiers 5-8. 

KLP456 #33 Posted Jun 01 2018 - 21:39

Private

• Players
  • 395 battles
improve MM...Hahahha...now that's funny as hell......

ZLRider #34 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 05:07

Private

• Players
  • 17325 battles
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM
I took almost 2 years off from the game because I was so frustrated with the old match making.  The new matchmaker feels broken even worse. This is especially true for those of us who are working their way up through tier 8. 4TankersandDog made a video where he laid out a better way of making the match maker more fair across the board. PLEASE watch this video and consider his ideas! https://www.youtube....h?v=ks_TW7_sLMo

TsarCidron #35 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 05:16

Major

• Players
  • 6803 battles
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM
My issue with MM is that it has made VIII into simply filler for tier X matches.  For every 3 tier X tanks in a match, it requires 7 tier VIII tanks.  More than twice the number.  Drains the pool of available VIII so much that they rarely even get to be mid-tier tanks, let alone top tier.  The progress thru VIII is more painful, longer, and less rewarding as a result.  Who likes to face tanks two tiers higher the majority of the time. Who wants to be wiped from the map by up to 8 superior tanks or 7 equivalent tanks most of the time? nobody.  Tier X matches should be 5/10 most of the time.

LpBronco #36 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 11:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 40148 battles
  • [TG] TG
There should be NO preferred template and 5/10 will have as many problems as any other single template selected. I still don't understand why so many are still arguing for Wargaming's templated matchmaking (an argument for any preferred template is a vote for WG's decision to implement templated MM'ing). It should be obvious to all that this isn't the solution anyone asked for or the game needed.

Pb_magnet #37 Posted Jun 02 2018 - 16:35

Private

• -Players-
  • 14490 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

Thank you for the nice copy and paste. With that aside I would like to address an issue that I am finding very challenging in almost every match I play. 

1. MM having "not one, not two" three SPG's in every match I have played so far. I realize that many players play these for campaigns (or so I am told) and many play them because they are the lowest skill set in the game (yes I have played them and they are low skill set). Yet, having three in every match ruins the game for everyone involved. Could there be a compromise? Maybe just one per match? Or having WoT do a test on the live server and offer a option in settings that lets a player chose to check/click the box and you will not see SPG's in the match when you play random games. WoT could use these results to gain an idea how many players do not like three SPG's every match and chose to play without them completely.

2. I believe the game is developed in the Belarus country and that the focus may stem decisively Russian and most of the money may come from the Russian server/s and I have read the Twitch/You-tube bloggers talk about the known Russian biased tanks that lead in every tier yet I would be pleased to see if they are doing anything about changing that known problem with the game? 

3. I purchased preference tanks with hard earned cash. I do not wish to have these taken away after I was guaranteed via contract with the posted purchase option by WoT. Am I the only one that believes this a contract violation in the least?

I hope someone in leadership reads this and can offer a positive response.

Thank you.

Edited by Pb_magnet, Jun 02 2018 - 19:05.

tsattley #38 Posted Jun 10 2018 - 16:35

Private

• -Players-
  • 15453 battles
  • [PINUP] PINUP

This is not an attack, this is a fact.  The current matchmaking meta sucks.  Unbalanced teams, game after game of bottom tier matchups, being nothing more then an exp piñata farm for +2 tier tanks, inability to pen enemy tanks in the side & rear (even a heavy shooting at a +2 tier light), blowout games, etc....

+/- 2 & 3/5/7 are ruining the game.  Tier 8 happens to be the worst example at this time, but in reality, it's bad across the board.  Here are some simple adjustments that can be made to fix these issues.  3/5/7 as the second or third mode chosen by the mm - instead of the first.  Increase the number of 5/10 games, more single tier games (front line proved how fun it is playing against equal tier tanks), install a tracker to make sure someone isn't bottom tier more then 2 games in a row (I have had as high as 9 in a row).

I see a lot of people calling for skill based mm.  Personally, I believe that keeping the tier weightings closer will make the skill differenced less noticeable.  People who lack skill will die like a -2 tank now does and those with skill can overcome the tier difference with +/- 1.  There will be an occasional blowout, but nothing like we see today.  All it takes is 2 good players to be in the 3 slot on the 3/5/7 mm and the rest of the enemy team is screwed.

I played WOT for a few years then quit for about 2-3 years out of frustration.  I am almost at that point again, this time it is from the lack of fair matchmaking.  Seriously, please fix this.  Nobody likes to spend an hour or two of play time only to be of bottom the entire time, with 0 chance of being anything more the a hit point farm for higher tier tanks.  

PanzerReg852 #39 Posted Jun 11 2018 - 03:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32997 battles
  • [AC-DC] AC-DC
Its Bad!!! it's sucks!!!!

Quikzdraw #40 Posted Jun 12 2018 - 10:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 14365 battles

https://patents.goog.../US8425330B1/en Inventor- Victor KislIvan Mikhnevich

There was a WG campaign just over two years ago where CEO Victor Kisllyan said the company would listen better to what players wanted and set up the company to be more receptive to player based changes. One of the changes would be to MM like a +1/-1 system, and lowering RNG.

Every day many of the top posts are by players stating their frustration, anger and disappointment in the match making. While the same trolls attack them for what they posted.

They post it to Wargaming- Not a post for the same few forum trolls who constantly attack and belittle the player who made a post.

My point is, Wargaming has lost confidence in what is said or promised to its players.{most players the trolls would argue this}

Edited by Quikzdraw, Jun 12 2018 - 10:41.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users