92 replies to this topic

PanzerReg852 #41 Posted Jun 13 2018 - 01:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33027 battles
  • [AC-DC] AC-DC

View PostQuikzdraw, on Jun 12 2018 - 09:39, said:

https://patents.goog.../US8425330B1/en Inventor- Victor KislIvan Mikhnevich

There was a WG campaign just over two years ago where CEO Victor Kisllyan said the company would listen better to what players wanted and set up the company to be more receptive to player based changes. One of the changes would be to MM like a +1/-1 system, and lowering RNG.

Every day many of the top posts are by players stating their frustration, anger and disappointment in the match making. While the same trolls attack them for what they posted.

They post it to Wargaming- Not a post for the same few forum trolls who constantly attack and belittle the player who made a post.

My point is, Wargaming has lost confidence in what is said or promised to its players.{most players the trolls would argue this}

So True !!!!!!!!!

grizz2u #42 Posted Jun 16 2018 - 19:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 85652 battles
MM has never been that bad. Mm is off a little sometimes but thats not whats causing loss streaks. Its the way they put players into the game. If you lose 1 you'll lose the next 7 or 8. If I win one I know I'll win the next 5 or 6. They need to match players by their ranking. if a team gets 4 4000 ranked players then the other team should get the same. After each game all guys in que should be reset. As for fixing maps, Fjords was a good map but them the big update turned it into a campfest. This update did nothing to actualy fix that. The middle of the map is a field surrounded by tanks waiting for someone to be stupid enough to go across it. I very seldom , well actually never complain in these forums but it was time.

PanzerReg852 #43 Posted Jun 17 2018 - 05:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33027 battles
  • [AC-DC] AC-DC

mm blows

LtKelly #44 Posted Jun 18 2018 - 15:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13508 battles
  • [BSIA] BSIA

Do the European, Latin American, and Asian server players have the same gripes with Matchmaking as the US players. If not why don't you try their MM on our server. If yes, time to Sub Contract the matchmaker program out to get a fresh view on how its workings.

I just finished a battle where the other team had a T10 type5, t9 type4 that just walked across the map where nothing could frontally touch them. 

Have you guys ever considered a separate SUPER HEAVY classification for ALL tank classes. Then set MM up so not one team would get ALL the super heavies on them at the higher tiers.

Armoredturd #45 Posted Jun 21 2018 - 00:24

Private

• Players
  • 17921 battles

After, I don't even know how long, we are STILL playing with this broken MM. You post this here saying you have "improved" the MM but clearly what you mean is you have "tweaked" the MM. The +/- 2 system was only useful when populations were low. This is no longer the case. The only reason remaining for the 3/5/7 MM is for money. 

How about you actually FIX the MM... meaning change it to +/-1. There is really no point in trying to balance any tank sub tier 9 before this is done. 

Also who in their right mind is still buying premium tanks KNOWING they will be bottom tier in 75% of their games???

pish180 #46 Posted Jun 22 2018 - 05:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8358 battles

Please fix the MM it is by far the number 1 complaint of the game and by far the most frustrating things in this game.  It is literally is driving people to quit.  I will be one of those statistics after my premium time runs out.  I've spent so much money in such a short time and after playing about 600 matches a month I have realized how poorly the MM is.  It is bad for my health because of the stress levels it causes.  I also refuse to buy any more Tanks especially T8 tanks, unless a mode like Frontline comes back but more well balanced. 

Can we get some honest answers from someone inside WG...

Is WOT struggling to keep players yearly and if they did +1/-1 MM the repercussions would cause any player to not find games in under 5 minutes? 

Everything I see WG doing right now and leads me to believe there is a MASSIVE struggle with player retention. 

Edited by pish180, Jun 22 2018 - 05:53.

Mojo_Riesing #47 Posted Jun 22 2018 - 15:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18170 battles
  • [ACATS] ACATS

I sort of reviewed this thread...and it is kind of incredible this problem of how MM works continues.  Meanwhile we can play soccer....  :facepalm:

I enjoy this game immensely, even though i'm not that good by statistical standards, whatever they may mean (and they mean far too much to many).

The matchmaking is a huge problem, the 3/5/7 may have sounded good, on paper, but in practice it's just terrible.  If you're in the bottom Tier (and nearly half of all players in a match are) you are simultaneously two things:  1) Too often just unable to pen the 3's and sometimes the 5's in the match, and 2)  A target for the 5's and especially the 3's in the match.

The higher tier tanks move to knock out the lowest, and who wouldn't?  The STATS of this game reward kills, and victories.  Killing the weaker tanks is a fast way to achieve that, it's easy, and fairly "safe".  Who wouldn't do that?  If 1% Tank it 100% gun, this makes sense.  This contributes to the "blowout" of matches that end early and badly for the losing team.

To make matters worse, the only real options a lower tier player has are severely limited and almost ANY choice made make that player subject to the other really serious problem in the game, toxicity.  Move to attack, you get mowed down and more advanced players heap on insults, hold back, maybe snipe..try to track the enemy...and you're a camper or worse, playing med/heavy  tanks wrong.  Then there is the "gold" or Premium ammo.  It's often the only way your lowest tier in 3/5/7 can even hope to be effective, but use it and get harrassed for being a "gold spammer".

All of this is exacerbated by rewards the more accomplished players get..the "bonds" used to purchase enhancements.  Fair enough, nothing wrong with being rewarded for exemplary play but..it just makes the 3/5/7 situation even worse.

I try to not be negative, but over all this is a problem and WG really needs to sit up and pay attention here.  The popularity of Frontline should be an object lesson here.  Level the field to a single Tier and most of the problems i've noted ....just disappear.  This is the model that SHOULD be the future for WoT.  Then there are waste of time/resource modes like "soccer".  I don't play WoT to play pseudo sport games, there are games out there for that and they do it better.

Recently i logged into a WG Survey that popped up and asked about whether i'd recommend this game to others and for the first time, i had to say "no".  I can't really inflict this frustration on friends, i've got too much invested, i'm here, but don't expect me to bring in new players until Match-making improves.

pish180 #48 Posted Jun 26 2018 - 07:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8358 battles

Funny I got the same survey and I answered the same question the same way for the same reason.  They keep coming out with all these modes and background screens but then don't address Match Making.  I've said it before once BattleField 5 comes out.  I won't be playing this game anymore, mainly because it costs a lot of money and its too frustrating. I wouldn't want any of my friends to get hooked on this game (progression system, sometimes fun) to find out what I did, it's not worth the time or money to get invested/started.  It will cost you a lot of money to get anywhere in this game or years of playing.  And once you get to T10 (the milestone achievement) you will be left in HORRIBLE disappointment to find out just how much this game is PTW and PTP.   

Fixing MM will slow the bleed down but really the entire game needs a redesign.  Pay-To-Play and Pay-To-Win are models of the past (6 years ago).  We have seen this now with the big protests with BattleFront 2 and Destiny 2.  Both of those dev teams came up with a solution to salvage their game.  While not perfect... they are doing better now than they were.  Battlefront 2 release complete flopped because of this, in wake of the Destiny2 outcry.    WG doesn't seem to have any intention to stop the hemorrhaging.  WOT NA will eventually be mostly AI or will not exist in a not too distant future. Hide the numbers, lie about the numbers, I don't care it doesn't change the reality, as soon as WG acknowledges that their players are not morons and commits to a new change, I honestly don't see a future for this game.  1000 streamers can't save the entire game for NA.  Sorry that just not how it works.    

KINGN0VA #49 Posted Jun 27 2018 - 03:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11409 battles
  • [_TRP_] _TRP_

I really wish they would acknowledge the issues and stick to their plans. This mess with them announcing changes and then going silent and never implementing them is quite disturbing. I know for one that I'm down to just a few games a week. There isn't anything drawing me into the game anymore. It's nothing but aggravation, match after match.

Below are the current numbers of games being played per week, per server. The numbers don't lie. People are not happy with were the game is at in its current state.

kaser2003 #50 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 09:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 32167 battles
  • [-OG] -OG

MM is just getting worse and worse, I'm closer to 31k battles  now , playing this game since 2011. MM was bad and then good , but now it's very very bad. Map changing are also getting worse. I don't feel like I want to play tier 10 anymore, cuz waiting time exceed 2~3 min, then get in unbalanced battle. Then after that it's absolutely not a coincidence that I will lose in the next 6-7 battles , the same thing happens when I win, I know I will have 6-7 easy wins. They have to make a serious changes before game collapse...

LpBronco #51 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 10:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 40182 battles
  • [TG] TG

View PostKINGN0VA, on Jun 26 2018 - 21:41, said:

I really wish they would acknowledge the issues and stick to their plans. This mess with them announcing changes and then going silent and never implementing them is quite disturbing. I know for one that I'm down to just a few games a week. There isn't anything drawing me into the game anymore. It's nothing but aggravation, match after match.

Below are the current numbers of games being played per week, per server. The numbers don't lie. People are not happy with were the game is at in its current state.

Everyone who frequents this forum should up vote this post.

edit) ... and copy paste it to the other forums and do the same there.

Edited by LpBronco, Jun 28 2018 - 10:59.

Johnny_Cyclone #52 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 18:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25585 battles

If it were to go to MM  +1/-1   they might even sell some of the old out dated premium tanks, because the disparity in carry ability would be less noticeable. 

Why it might add up to:

More players stay online longer  (because less MM suck) 

More players by premium time (because less MM suck)

More players buy tanks (because less MM suck)

Grant Total = Que times stay quick (because less MM suck) and plenty of cha-ching for Wargaming's payroll (because less MM suck)

But that just may be my view with blinders on.

empyreal_recon #53 Posted Jun 28 2018 - 18:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15761 battles
  • [INSNE] INSNE
Putting a Tier 4 in a battle with Tier 6 tanks still and will always make no sense.... 

Quikzdraw #54 Posted Jun 29 2018 - 05:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 14365 battles

:great:

kaser2003 #55 Posted Jun 29 2018 - 10:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 32167 battles
  • [-OG] -OG

View PostQuikzdraw, on Jun 29 2018 - 04:46, said:

George

I recommend this game very highly to mature individuals who are not expecting immediate gratification.

Players who enjoy a long and also steep learning curve will enjoy the amazing complexity, the chance to do research and apply what they learn to not only battle strategy and tactics but also organizational and management duties.

I've been PC gaming since 1990 and this is the all-around best game I have ever played.

My question is You have 14,000 battles and 13,000 battles are tier 1 thru tier 5. How do you know how match maker is from tier 6 thru tier 10. I mean you don't even own a tier 10. I do agree you have good stats for tier 1 thru tier 5.. But you are also playing with multi perked crews and maxed out tanks playing against usually newer players with very limited perked crews and tanks that might not be maxed out.

If you're comparing wot with games you played in the 90s, I'm sure you're enjoying it a lot. But I'm still not getting the point you're trying to say. We're talking here about MM and team balancing... 

MrETanker #56 Posted Jul 02 2018 - 05:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19265 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostDead_Zombie, on Nov 12 2017 - 15:31, said:

if WG really wanted to make the game enjoyable, they would use their PR system to balance teams before a match starts. its pretty freaking simple if they would just select the 30 tanks for the battle, then adjust players (back and forth between the teams) based on "WG Personal Rating System" and make teams balanced to within 2k total.. so if one teams total PR is 28k, the other teams should  be anywhere from 26 to 30K total (not hey, you get a total of 15k and the other team gets a total of 50K)... PR isn't perfect, but its a lot better then giving one team nothing but pure trash / bots over and over and over again.. its no wonder people are walking away. game has turn into a game of trash.. next they will tell u how their MM and RNG is correct, but then turn around and have bug after bug in this game after this many years?. .I guess they want us to believe their RNG or MM isn't bugged? give it a rest. now, back to  WWII, no RNG (Ruins Numerous Games) over here

Totally agree...

bockscar43 #57 Posted Jul 02 2018 - 07:30

Captain

• -Players-
  • 29770 battles
  • [PL1AR] PL1AR
As long as the money rolls in why would WG give a hoot what the base thinks or says..............

Panzer_Bill #58 Posted Jul 23 2018 - 12:34

Private

• -Players-
  • 33534 battles
  • [83IQ] 83IQ

View PostZLRider, on Jun 02 2018 - 05:07, said:

I took almost 2 years off from the game because I was so frustrated with the old match making.  The new matchmaker feels broken even worse. This is especially true for those of us who are working their way up through tier 8. 4TankersandDog made a video where he laid out a better way of making the match maker more fair across the board. PLEASE watch this video and consider his ideas! https://www.youtube....h?v=ks_TW7_sLMo

​Please watch the link https://www.youtube....h?v=ks_TW7_sLMo as requested. 4TankersandDog gave a programmers' answer to the MM issue. I'm sure the majority of players do not appreciate being two tiers low about 70% of the time and one tier low another 15% of the time. 

Roggg2 #59 Posted Jul 25 2018 - 15:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19787 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

I am a very positive person when it comes to this game, and I still play it and enjoy it almost daily, HOWEVER, I think 3/5/7 has to go.  It is fair, but it just isn't fun.  The majority of time you are fighting from a position where you have a limited ability to affect the outcome of the game.  Tier 8 is particularly hard hit because not only is the power differential between tier 8 and tier 10 one of the largest gaps in the game, but also tier 8 seems to get more bottom tier matchups than most other tiers. 

I dont whine about arty.  I dont want skill based MM.  I'm okay with the balancing of tank roles, but I dont think it is or was necessary.  3/5/7 is what I think is inhibiting the growth and stability of the player base.  Visually and mechanics-wise the game is better than it ever has been.  Just make the MM feel less like fighting uphill all the time.

Flyin_Fortress #60 Posted Aug 30 2018 - 20:12

Private

• -Players-
  • 12951 battles

I've played 20+ games of 1.1 on two accounts and have not seen a new map yet...!

Match making is still a major issue, 3-5-7 is lame and no fun for individuals in the 7 slot. Front Line battle mode was by far the best battle experience to date.

In a batch of 30 tanks, 15 pairs of equally classes tanks, then sort to distribute skill/experience level as evenly as possible would be IDEAL. 15-0 game are not much fun for either side.

Thx!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users