POLL - Has the matchmaker improved or gotten worse with 9.20.1?

mm matchmaker 9.20.1

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Opinions on matchmaker (49 members have cast votes)

In your opinion, has the 9.20.1 matchmaker improved, gotten, worse, stayed the same, or something else

1. Improved (please state why) (15 votes [30.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.61%

2. Gotten worse (please state why) (19 votes [38.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.78%

3. Stayed the same (please state why) (10 votes [20.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.41%

4. Other (please state why) (5 votes [10.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.20%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

pukalo #1 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 05:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8592 battles
  • [CDN] CDN
I just want to hear what everyone else thinks.

Edited by pukalo, Oct 19 2017 - 05:18.

RF_Van #2 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 05:49

Captain

• Players
  • 9765 battles
Its a bit too early for me to say, but is that a bass clarinet in your pic?

_ErwinRommel__ #3 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 06:01

Major

• Players
  • 7500 battles
  • [ICBMT] ICBMT
I Would say give it about a week first and see how it does before judging it so you have an experienced opinion.

Urdr #4 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 06:08

Major

• Players
  • 41591 battles

Improved.

Everything WG does is good. PERIOD.

dot dot

Yuri_Doujinshi #5 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 06:17

Major

• Players
  • 22891 battles
I haven't noticed a difference yet.

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 06:17

Major

• Players
  • 60091 battles

Voted other for the same reasons as RF Van and some of the others.

And while we're waiting for the avatar answer.

Damn Beatles copyright lookie-loo watchdogs lol.   Found a nice cover though.

Not sure if these are a bass clarinet, clarinet or both.

Another cover featuring Eddie's and Alex's dad on the woodwind. 

ToNa3rd #7 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 06:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15269 battles
nothin changed, sheridan vs foch, heavy vs meds, light vs heavy, still same

Doomslinger__ #8 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 07:38

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles
The few battles I have played so far and it seems to be matching heavy vs heavy, medium vs medium, td vs td a lot better than before. I haven't seen any of those matches where one team had 4 or 5 mediums in the top of the list vs all heavies or other variations like that that we all hated before. 

CrazyCrave #9 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 00:54

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 19366 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

It's worse for me as I totally have people all around without any type or clue what TEAM means as a unit and now to much tank for to many players as damage tells the story in game report.  

WG will not listen to anyone that's been around since beta as all they need to do is make players earn the right to play up to the next tier as your PR would be the key to unlock higher tiers .. I know it would hurt the money grab but they could still player each other at tier 8 with the PR cap which means tier 8 is all they get at there same PR rating. hell i would love that as I would not have to worry about being seal club to death by a platoon of G men while I learn the game.

The other thing to change is gold rounds need to cost real money again (this was WG first mistake) and everyone on the battlefield then is not spamming gold round for PR .

Put MM back the way it was before 9:20... game will live on.

The_Eliminator6 #10 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 01:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 28383 battles
 i took two 2 months breaks between 9.18 -9.20.1 bc i was pissed about the new mm and how they took away scout mm.The games are boring and see mostly the same tanks all the time. Previous mm made games ALOT more interesting and varied.U never forget the feeling of helping your allies that are 3 tiers above u win a high tier game when u the lowest tier. Even if the team loses u realize your mistake and keep trying to learn better skills and strategies. Also u had same tier games sometimes and took a bigger role with shooting tanks.U basically helped spot in higher tier games and helped contribute by more dmg in same/lower/mid tier games. Now in the new update WG ruined that feeling,so all games last about 4mins as shooting with chicken heads cut off,hardly any strategy bc most tanks u can actually shoot at.Sure being high tier in games is good sometimes but it gets boring after a while.Idk why WG did thid stupid mm change when all they had to do was balance some tanks and add better scouting maps so all tanks can actually have a role on each maps. WG has basically said that there players cant think for themselves and made the game too simplistic. What makes games interesting is the chance of actually not knowing what u may encounter each game and what set up u need to scout with.Now all the scout guides are basically useless since most games is same tier as u. Light tanks are mostly supposed to be at bottom anyway bc they help support and SPOT for the team.Now they are mostly mini-meds and the scout role seems less important.I miss helping to blow up high tiers and help out. What's the point if only 3 tanks are top tier,that doesnt make the game that fun at all.Might as well have same tier battles so everyone can shoot each other and be done in 2mins. O Well WG has ruined this game. I understand how some where pissed about being bottom tier and not feeling helpful in battle but as a med u suppose to support and as light supposed to help with eyes.Cant really do that anymore when everyone is just as fast and have same viewrange.Soon enough all tanks will be playing the same way bc ppl cant watch Youtube,forums etc to help them get better at the game. 9.17mm(+3mm lights/+2mm other classes) helped to make u smarter so u could adapt your consumables etc to the style of the game,it made u feel important knowing that if u got destroyed then your whole team would make u feel as if u had value by saying "we needed u to spot, why u had to get destroyed?" etc. It made u feel like a part of the team and not some tank that could just be replaced on a whime. I  miss scout mm and im hoping that one day WG will bring it bck and realize the huge mistake they made.

Edited by The_Eliminator6, Oct 20 2017 - 01:11.

pukalo #11 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 22:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8592 battles
  • [CDN] CDN

View PostRF_Van, on Oct 18 2017 - 21:49, said:

Its a bit too early for me to say, but is that a bass clarinet in your pic?

It is indeed a bass clarinet. Not just any bass clarinet though, it's MY bass clarinet. Her name is Charlene.

crimsonwolf911 #12 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 22:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10170 battles
  • [JHTI] JHTI
I don't know, I'm too busy fighting with arty stuns every 20 seconds to focus on much of anything else.

Armoredturd #13 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 22:56

Private

• Players
  • 16552 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

Even if the alleged changes were actually implemented, It makes no difference. The REAL problem is the forced template of 3/5/7, thereby forcing -2 games in almost all matches even though the population of the servers deems it unnecessary. This game can not move forward with this terrible mm system. I have not come across anyone that actually likes It, though it did fix the somewhat rare problem of being the only t8 vs all 9/10. The use of 3/5/7 NEEDS to be restricted to times when population is too low to allow for a quick match to be formed.

ArcticTankHunter #14 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 23:15

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7994 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V
Got worst for T8 meduim tanks(non-premuim). It made the stock grind even harder.

RF_Van #15 Posted Oct 21 2017 - 09:50

Captain

• Players
  • 9765 battles

View Postpukalo, on Oct 20 2017 - 13:37, said:

It is indeed a bass clarinet. Not just any bass clarinet though, it's MY bass clarinet. Her name is Charlene.

That's cool OP, just like the late great BB King who named his guitar Lucille. And as he says in the song below, even if times are tough, he could always count on Lucille...when your instrument truly becomes a part of you.

oh yeah BB, show 'em how it's done....and changing a string mid performance, np.

classic BB at 2:00...

I bought you a brand new Ford, but you said I want a Cadillac.

I bought you a 10 dollar dinner (lol) and you said, thanks for the snack.

I let you live in my penthouse, you said it was just a shack.

I gave you 7 children....and now you wanna give 'em back.

geckoman1011 #16 Posted Oct 22 2017 - 08:54

Private

• Players
  • 4285 battles
  • [PIKE] PIKE

Tanks might be more balanced, but the imbeciles driving them arent.  Until both teams have a reasonable chance to win there is no point playing.  I dont play to have a random outcome.

I remember several patches back WG stated that they wanted more dynamic matchups that would provide unique scenarios.  The result was a MM that spit out some interesting match ups.  The problem though is that the player base couldnt adapt their play style to the scenario, and it was further exacerbated when a one team was especially loaded with clowns and would try using TDs as heavies.  If WG wants to go back to more creative matchups, they need to even out the teams so that each side has a better chance at sorting out what MM has given them.  You could put all 30 people in the same tank, but unless skill is also balanced there will continue to be a disappointing playing experience.

IncubusDD #17 Posted Oct 22 2017 - 22:26

Private

• -Players-
  • 14439 battles

View Postgeckoman1011, on Oct 22 2017 - 08:54, said:

Tanks might be more balanced, but the imbeciles driving them arent.  Until both teams have a reasonable chance to win there is no point playing.  I dont play to have a random outcome.

I remember several patches back WG stated that they wanted more dynamic matchups that would provide unique scenarios.  The result was a MM that spit out some interesting match ups.  The problem though is that the player base couldnt adapt their play style to the scenario, and it was further exacerbated when a one team was especially loaded with clowns and would try using TDs as heavies.  If WG wants to go back to more creative matchups, they need to even out the teams so that each side has a better chance at sorting out what MM has given them.  You could put all 30 people in the same tank, but unless skill is also balanced there will continue to be a disappointing playing experience.

Amen!  It's not like they dont collect the stats to do that either.

Indiana_Tanker #18 Posted Oct 26 2017 - 03:52

Private

• -Players-
  • 8333 battles
  • [VEN0M] VEN0M

At the heart of it, the player population has to believe they have a reasonable chance to win, rigged game or not.  (Pretty much the science Las Vegas uses to keep people hooked on a payout).  So we are really talking about HOW it is rigged and the perceived fairness of the rigging.  

I think the 3 tier spread (continued from before) is one of the things that most find dissatisfying - if they are in the bottom tier.  If you cannot ultimately carry your team in a pinch - I would call that rigging unfair. While this is a carryover from the last MM - it still sucks.  No-one wants to play a game you cannot win.  That's taxation - not gambling on your game skill.

I believe they un-nerfed some of the arty.  Come on guys it is world of tanks.  When the game becomes dodge ball with arty - the whole point of the game changes.  The obvious increase in arty presence is the dead give away this is true.

One suggestion would be to change the load screen to show who is trying to battle at what tiers so you could look toward or against the highest density tiers.  Go to where the most people are for the best chance of similar tier games.  Don't waste time if only a few of that tier are in line.

Platoons seem to be getting a more fair shake (not always being bottom tier in every match - the almost total disappearance of platoons prior to this MM was the give away.  It seems slightly better in this patch.

The overall match ups seem better - but the tendency to group tank types all KV1s on one side and all Churchie IIIs on the other has an inherently unbalancing effect.  Probably looked good on paper but I would want to be on the KV1 side every time.

Red_Ensign #19 Posted Oct 26 2017 - 04:10

Major

• Players
  • 6610 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

during the countdown I'm too busy thinking about where I'm gonna go.  no time to look for excuses to lose.

if I do lose, I make a face and move on.

Maj_Error #20 Posted Oct 30 2017 - 04:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15374 battles
  • [TNTS] TNTS

well, I find just about everything about the game sucks now, and I used to like this game

What used to be a good tank gets nerfed with a patch, then it's garbage.

Having to constantly attempt to fight tanks two tiers higher, that you cant pen at all, while your armor is paper to them, is garbage.

etc etc etc

For example, I have the JPE100, the most over-priced POS in the game - has biggest AP gun, but can't pen any other Xs now except for the rear armor, maybe, front/turret, never, with 299 alleged pen it s a joke, it fires rubber bullets. While the 250 front armor is like paper to other Xs who all seem to have no problem penning it every time. Slow as hell, traverses like a dead dog,  takes forever and a day to reload, there is nothing positive to like about this piece of crap, unless you luck out in the mm and get to fire at VIIIs, which is very very rare. I have to use HE to do any damage to Xs, which is stupid. 8 million credits down the drain there.

Constant tinkering with the game, one month your tank is good, next month its crap, really really frustrating.

Also tagged with mm, matchmaker, 9.20.1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users