GET RID OF THE ARTY STUN! IT IS RUINING THE GAME!

arty world of tanks stun mechanic gameplay changes crimsonwolf911 damage penalties

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

Poll: GET RID OF THE ARTY STUN! IT IS RUINING THE GAME! (158 members have cast votes)

Do you think the artillery stun mechanic is a good change for the game?

1. Yes (51 votes [32.28%])

Percentage of vote: 32.28%

2. No (103 votes [65.19%])

Percentage of vote: 65.19%

3. I don't know (4 votes [2.53%])

Percentage of vote: 2.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

crimsonwolf911 #1 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 21:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10312 battles
  • [JHTI] JHTI

I honestly think I preferred the old way the arty dmg system worked, the arty guy fired at you, if the shell hit you and penned you, it dealt full dmg, if it hit you but didnt pen, it would knock a crewman out, or damage/destroy a module, maybe deal some dmg, if it landed near enough to splash you, it would deal some damage, probly knock a track off if it was close enough.  Now no matter what happens, your crew will always suffer a stun from an arty round, whether it hits you or not, and suddenly your crew becomes maybe half as capable of doing their job as they should be, for 20 seconds, in a game where individual matches can sometimes last 5 minutes or less...you have got to be joking wargaming.

Maybe I'm just crazy saying this, but I'm pretty sure this makes sense to more than just me, previous dmg levels of arty were painful to deal with, definitely, but this damned stun mechanic is so much worse.  Wargaming can't seem to figure out how to make an impactful change to an in game mechanic without countering it with something else that almost completely negates the intended effect of that change, they altered the way dmg dealt by arty rounds works, and compensated for it by implementing a system that gives our crew a concussion for 20 seconds every time an arty round even lands in the same postal code as our tank.

We don't need or want this stun system, what we wanted from you, was for you to drop arty's accuracy, and reduce the amount of dmg non-penning hits dealt, so that we can actually play the game and fight tank to tank without having to hide behind arty-proof cover every few seconds for fear of getting our teeth kicked in by the proverbial god-finger of rngesus, we didn't ask you for this stun mechanic.  Remove the stun mechanic, leave the changes to arty dmg in place, it may be closer to what happens during a real tank battle, but here in wot, it is only serving to cause frustration, and disrupt game-flow, i don't know why you ever thought this would be a good idea.

Get rid of the Stun mechanic, it is ruining the game for everyone except artillery.

Edited by crimsonwolf911, Mar 16 2018 - 04:04.

paradat #2 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 22:05

Major

• Players
  • 34758 battles
  • [TBW] TBW
Stuned is better than dead.

Code4 #3 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 22:06

Captain

• Players
  • 53280 battles

You can earn more credits with the stun feature. Well, I can.

crimsonwolf911 #4 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 22:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10312 battles
  • [JHTI] JHTI

View Postparadat, on Oct 19 2017 - 14:05, said:

No it really isn't, not when you can get hit with one every 30 seconds depending on the reload time of the arty, when they last 20 seconds, I'd much rather just take the hit, fix whatever's damaged or revive whichever crewmen is dead, and keep fighting, that's penalty enough in my book.  I'd rather get one shotted or hit for half my health, than have to spend half the game with my crew stunned and operating at less than the skill level I've trained them to over thousands of battles cuz an arty guy has my number, this mechanic quite literally negates money you put into the game if you've trained your crew to 100% when you buy a tank.

crimsonwolf911 #5 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 22:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10312 battles
  • [JHTI] JHTI

View PostCode4, on Oct 19 2017 - 14:06, said:

you being an arty player, correct? sure makes more credits for you, pisses off and screws over absolutely anyone and everyone your shot lands close to.  But that's ok, cuz finding your own targets, and actually brawling tank on tank is for suckers, right?

Edited by crimsonwolf911, Oct 19 2017 - 22:42.

Gunadie #6 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 22:25

Major

• Players
  • 44306 battles

It really doesnt matter at this point anymore!

War Gaming has ruined the play style of the game through numerous unbalanced premium tank additions,

lack of new maps (and the revised HD models will not help either),

failure to rebalance a good number of existing tech tree tanks (garage pumpkins)

and so many nerfs to the Spgs prior to the "stun" effect introduction that they are garbage due to prior nerfs to several characteristics

especially mobility, traverse or pivot rate , camo values and vision.

Now the guns are inconsistent garbage, dealing high damage for near misses, low or zero damage for direct hits

and zero ability to defend themselves.

If you are complaining about Spg's and Stun damage,

you are doing something wrong and need to look inward for a solution

Guest_Heldar_* #7 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 22:26

View Postparadat, on Oct 19 2017 - 15:05, said:

No, its not.  Its worse.

tod914 #8 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 22:33

Major

• Players
  • 64387 battles
The issue I have with it, is they made arty more accurate when they did this, AND increased the area of effect.  The accuracy needs to be nerfed, and the area of effect slightly reduced.  It has gotten to the point where it has become beyond annoying.

crimsonwolf911 #9 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 22:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10312 battles
  • [JHTI] JHTI

View PostGunadie, on Oct 19 2017 - 14:25, said:

nerfs to the Spgs prior to the "stun" effect introduction that they are garbage due to prior nerfs to several characteristics

especially mobility, traverse or pivot rate , camo values and vision.

Now the guns are inconsistent garbage, dealing high damage for near misses, low or zero damage for direct hits

and zero ability to defend themselves.

If you are complaining about Spg's and Stun damage,

you are doing something wrong and need to look inward for a solution

SPG's are not not supposed to be able to defend themselves, they are self propelled long range indirect fire support weapons, intended to lob ordinance from behind allied lines, towards the battlefront, and they were meant to suppress, and eliminate infantry, not armored vehicles, so by default they shouldn't be here in the first place, but the are none the less.  As for looking inward, already tried that, it doesn't work, there is no effective counter to arty, period, you are at the mercy of the rngesus guided god-finger no matter what you do, or how you do it.

Gunadie #10 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 22:42

Major

• Players
  • 44306 battles

View Posttod914, on Oct 19 2017 - 13:33, said:

The issue I have with it, is they made arty more accurate when they did this, AND increased the area of effect.  The accuracy needs to be nerfed, and the area of effect slightly reduced.  It has gotten to the point where it has become beyond annoying.

Good idea and at the same time increase their damage per shot , reinstate their vision, mobility and camo!

(as well as returning the other ammo choices they removed!)

Gunadie #11 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 22:43

Major

• Players
  • 44306 battles

View Postcrimsonwolf911, on Oct 19 2017 - 13:39, said:

SPG's are not not supposed to be able to defend themselves, they are self propelled long range indirect fire support weapons, intended to lob ordinance from behind allied lines, towards the battlefront, and they were meant to suppress, and eliminate infantry, not armored vehicles, so by default they shouldn't be here in the first place, but the are none the less.  As for looking inward, already tried that, it doesn't work, there is no effective counter to arty, period, you are at the mercy of the rngesus guided god-finger no matter what you do, or how you do it.

HELLO

This is a game, not real life, with a number of make believe ficticious tanks and effects!!!

Are you new???

crimsonwolf911 #12 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 22:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10312 battles
  • [JHTI] JHTI

View PostGunadie, on Oct 19 2017 - 14:43, said:

HELLO

This is a game, not real life, with a number of make believe and ficticious tanks and effects!!!

Are you new???

nope, I'm old, I'm stubborn, and I don't play arty cuz I don't like getting shot by arty.

Gunadie #13 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 22:49

Major

• Players
  • 44306 battles

View Postcrimsonwolf911, on Oct 19 2017 - 13:48, said:

nope, I'm old, I'm stubborn, and I don't play arty cuz I don't like getting shot by arty.

welcome to the club, except I play Spg's.

I like all the tanks (some more than other though)

crimsonwolf911 #14 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 22:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10312 battles
  • [JHTI] JHTI

View PostGunadie, on Oct 19 2017 - 14:49, said:

I like all the tanks (some more than other though)

yeah same as most all of us, cept my stupid self, hate arty, hate russian tanks, hate french tanks, hate chinese tanks, and I hate swedish tanks.  everything else im ok with tho

heavymetal1967 #15 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 22:54

Major

• Players
  • 71992 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostCode4, on Oct 19 2017 - 17:06, said:

This as well as xp.  From an xp and credit standpoint alone these changes = big buff.  Not to mention the stun effect and the increased splash in regards to how much more it's an effective tactic as well as it's increased results just in damage alone.  Then add the stun factor as extra.

But it (the stun) needs toned down as well as the splash.  Forget getting arty safe anymore unless arty doesn't have a splash angle or won't/can't move to get one.  Cause higher tier splash is tbh over-effective now - at least to a point. 

And going into the regular overhead mode will allow you to target those angles better cause any intervening cover/concealment won't block your shot placement.

But anytime I see a post about the new changes I can't help but think of the old adage of be careful what you ask for...   Even for those that didn't ask for it.

Kamahl1234 #16 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 22:57

Major

• Players
  • 18395 battles

View Postcrimsonwolf911, on Oct 19 2017 - 21:14, said:

No it really isn't, not when you can get hit with one every 30 seconds depending on the reload time of the arty, when they last 20 seconds, I'd much rather just take the hit, fix whatever's damaged or revive whichever crewmen is dead, and keep fighting, that's penalty enough in my book.  I'd rather get one shotted or hit for half my health, than have to spend half the game with my crew stunned and operating at less than the skill level I've trained them to over thousands of battles cuz an arty guy has my number, this mechanic quite literally negates money you put into the game if you've trained your crew to 100% when you buy a tank.

But you're also alive, able to play the game longer. 

One shot simply ends your game and is entirely not fun. Stunned at least is workable. Dead isn't. 

Dead quite literally negates what you paid as the crew is dead and unable to continue to fight (and loses further exp from being dead). Living is a much better option. 

Gunadie #17 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 23:11

Major

• Players
  • 44306 battles

View Postcrimsonwolf911, on Oct 19 2017 - 13:54, said:

yeah same as most all of us, cept my stupid self, hate arty, hate russian tanks, hate french tanks, hate chinese tanks, and I hate swedish tanks.  everything else im ok with tho

lol..let me guess you're from the USA?

LpBronco #18 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 23:30

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44047 battles
  • [TG] TG

Wargaming screwed the pooch when they took SPG's past tier 8 - who incidentally had been balanced for tier 10 matches. Then to make them attractive gave them alpha damage the equivalent of a tier 10 tank. Since then, they have been backpedaling trying to find a sweet spot where they can have a roll to fill besides grieving the game in general. They were on the right track by bringing the alpha more in line with the damage potential of other same tier tanks and then f'ed it all to L when they added the stun and increased accuracy AND splash range. 

Now remember, no one is suppose to like SPG's except the ones driving them or if you're the one player in a hundred who actually gets supported by your teams pariah class. I have stopped playing the class totally since the change went into effect and actively promote the reduction of SPG's in random play. When you have to use arbitrary limits on a single class of vehicles you know something is wrong. There should be another mechanic added to help locate SPG positions on the map and force them to play a more active game as well as lifting the numbers restrictions so they could have some 15 v 15 arty brawls. That way everyone wins - we can still have SPG's for upper tier team games and they can have access to maps without f'n it up for the rest of us.

crimsonwolf911 #19 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 23:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10312 battles
  • [JHTI] JHTI

View PostGunadie, on Oct 19 2017 - 15:11, said:

lol..let me guess you're from the USA?

nope, im canadian

tod914 #20 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 01:11

Major

• Players
  • 64387 battles
The other thing I'd suggest is, further reduce the amount of arty per match.  Tier 9-10 arty  1 only, except if you get a Grand battles map. Then 2 would be adequate.  Tier 6-8 two max.  Then no more than 3 for the lower tiers, being more people are trying to grind them.  There has been a bunch of suggestions on how to improve it for game play in the Sandbox forums over the years.  Most has been ignored.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users