• This topic is locked This topic is locked
199 replies to this topic

Deputy276 #41 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 16:59

Major

• Players
  • 17259 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostDarkbee2Bee, on Oct 20 2017 - 09:53, said:

If you've seen 1 South American unicum player then the statement that all South American players are trash is false. It's that simple.

XVM is irrelevant.  As soon as they start typing Spanish/Portuguese in chat, or in some cases people see clan tags, you get all the usual taco/burrito comments.  Again, your assertion that XVM removal would kill the problem is patently false.

And he MIGHT be the ONLY one. 

Chat becomes useless with foreign languages being used and jajajajaja being spammed over and over again. I just turn chat off and take the loss.

Kliphie #42 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 17:01

Captain

• Players
  • 28121 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostDeputy276, on Oct 20 2017 - 10:59, said:

Chat becomes useless with foreign languages being used and jajajajaja being spammed over and over again. I just turn chat off and take the loss.

and yet somehow they function just fine on the EU servers 

Deputy276 #43 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 17:03

Major

• Players
  • 17259 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostNunya_000, on Oct 20 2017 - 09:58, said:

So....poor players that live in the US should not play either?

That does not sound like it is a problem with the SA players.  That is a problem with  the players that drown themselves.

I would not bother me much.  I do not play this game for stats or winning or losing.  I play this game to blow crap up so that I do not 'blow crap up" at work.

See above

Poor players in the US normally aren't suffering with 400 ping all the time. 

Players that drown themselves see no point in an exercise in futility. They can get in a game where there is an actual chance to win. 

Whatever. I play to collect tanks. Whatever the reasons, nobody enjoy losing. It hurts other things besides stats. 

Darkbee2Bee #44 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 17:03

Major

• Players
  • 31995 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-

View PostSkyrimosity, on Oct 20 2017 - 10:57, said:

I love people like you, people who seem genuinely burdened like “Oh no, I live in the 21st century, an era of rampant bigotry! What a terrible time to be alive”. All of these things you mentioned have MUCH broader issues but you try to make it seem simple.

Xenophobia: “I want tougher immigration laws” is as xenophobic as “No Mexicans in America!” because you actively WANT your mind to perceive any point in dissension to yours as bigotry with no wider net of argument. 

Basically, it’s one type of ignorance trying to call out another type of ignorance. And it’s pathetic because this ignorance is particularly proud of it

I would be quite happy to wake up to world tomorrow where racism/bigotry had somehow magically disappeared and no longer existed.  And herein lies the difference,  I doubt racists/bigots would be equally satisfied because it is innate for them to hate/fear that which they don't understand.

View PostDeputy276, on Oct 20 2017 - 10:57, said:

Nice spin, now answer my question without the sarcasm.

Ignorance.

Themothius #45 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 17:03

Private

• -Players-
  • 2360 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG

View PostDeputy276, on Oct 20 2017 - 09:06, said:

Newsflash, but "South America" is NOT a "race".  I get tired of people misusing that race term on this forum. South America is a geographical region. Let me ask the OP a question...do you know WHY there are so many comments about South American players? 

um since u brought it up WE ARE ALL THE HUMAN RACE, we are all one race, the very fact that someone calls humans different races because of skin color(Has to do with the sun btw thats all) is in its self racist. Look up the word by using it you yourself are in fact racist.  Until people start to recognise that we are all human, and all speech and ideas are free to be expressed without being attacked for it, no matter which side you are on, it will not stop.  All you can truly do is ignore it, cause while it may be wrong, we may not agree with it and they may very well be hurt irl for talking like that, BUT they have every right to do so as long as they don't directly threaten someone... try reading that thing called 1st amendment, the speech most of us dislike so much is the most protected.(If you don't know why go to north Korea or Iran and speak your mind see what happens)

Side note before someone says I don't live in the US so the 1st admenment doesn't apply to me, the servers your playing on are in the US so it does indeed apply.

Edited by Themothius, Oct 20 2017 - 17:08.

cheesyfoot #46 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 17:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22861 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW
Just a fyi here.  I do blacklist.   I do at times fire back...probably more so than not.   I don't use a Thesaurus.. I'm just a wordy dude.  Hi Nunya I knew you would get it.  And as far as my "comfort" in life.  I think that is a pretty broad stroked commentary.  I expect the term safe space and such to follow after that, but surprisingly so that didn't happen.   I appreciate that I am not the only one, I understand the process that it takes to follow up on complaints in such a large gaming community.  Honestly I simply just got to the point this a.m that once again the game started with a slur, not at me but I tend to read chat.   I don't think turning the other cheek is the acceptable format, I do think discussion and clarity from all sides helps define the issue, admittedly I am unaware of whatever SA player issue that was brought up here.  I appreciate the replies once again for the most part.  Be well ..  

Deputy276 #47 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 17:05

Major

• Players
  • 17259 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostKliphie, on Oct 20 2017 - 10:01, said:

and yet somehow they function just fine on the EU servers 

FINE! Let SA players use the EU servers! I am all for that. They would even be able to be understood by more players on the EU server than the NA server. Makes perfect sense to me. Now tell WG to transfer the SA players to the EU servers. Problem solved for everyone! :B

Kliphie #48 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 17:06

Captain

• Players
  • 28121 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostThemothius, on Oct 20 2017 - 11:03, said:

um since u brought it up WE ARE ALL THE HUMAN RACE, we are all one race, the very fact that someone calls humans different races because of skin color(Has to do with the sun btw thats all) is in its self racist. Look up the word by using it you yourself are in fact racist.  Until people start to recognise that we are all human, and all speech and ideas are free to be expressed without being attacked for it, no matter which side you are on, it will not stop.  All you can truly do is ignore it, cause while it may be wrong, we may not agree with it and they may very well be hurt irl for talking like that, BUT they have every right to do so as long as they don't directly threaten someone... try reading that thing called 1st amendment, the speech most of us dislike so much is the most protected.(If you don't know why go to north Korea or Iran and speak your mind see what happens)

We're the same species, not race.  First amendment only protects one from Governmental abridgments, not private sector.  

Darkbee2Bee #49 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 17:08

Major

• Players
  • 31995 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-

View PostDeputy276, on Oct 20 2017 - 11:03, said:

Strange.  I see lots of threads all the time complaining about lag and poor ping in the English speaking threads from people playing in North America.  They've existed as long as I've been playing.  Even more so, since the server merger.

I assume you want to ban our Australian and New Zealand friends too because they may have poor ping/lag.  Or are they okay because they speak English?

Nunya_000 #50 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 17:11

Major

• Players
  • 20697 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostDeputy276, on Oct 20 2017 - 08:03, said:

Players that drown themselves see no point in an exercise in futility. They can get in a game where there is an actual chance to win. 

Whatever. I play to collect tanks. Whatever the reasons, nobody enjoy losing. It hurts other things besides stats. 

Ahhh...so you are just assuming that poor players from SA are bad because they have high ping?  Not meaning to be harsh, but what is your excuse. 

Does it really matter if a player has a 46% WR and a 500 WN8 because of bad ping....or bad performance?  I can guarantee that there are many players that feel that you are ruining their fun.  Now, myself, I am not in one of them.  If you are having fun, that is great....you have just as much right to play this game as anybody else.  I'm just pointing out that it really does not mater the region a person is playing from.  A poor player is still a poor players and some people will use these poor players as an excuse for their own problems.

The players that drown themselves because they see too many poor players on their team or too many SA players on their teams are the real jerks here.  if you are going to hit the battle button, then play the damn game.  I do not care about a players petty excuses or feelings. 

Deputy276 #51 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 17:12

Major

• Players
  • 17259 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostThemothius, on Oct 20 2017 - 10:03, said:

Oh god. Please STOP using that trigger word. It is guaranteed to get this thread locked down. And save the scientific mumbo jumbo. We are divided into races/ethnic groups/regions by our own governments. Get used to it. Or when you apply for a job, you won't get one when you refuse to single yourself out to the list of races they submit to you. Because "human race" ain't gonna be on it. Son, I FOUGHT for the Constitution and my country. I don't need to be lectured by you on it.  Part of that Constitution says freedom of expression.  That COVERS being a racist. Sorry, but you can't legislate or control human thought or expression. At least, not in the USA. And WG controls the forum and the game. THEY get to choose how things go. Good luck with filing a ton of complaints. The more you complain, the more you will be thought of as a complainer. 

Themothius #52 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 17:12

Private

• -Players-
  • 2360 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG

View PostKliphie, on Oct 20 2017 - 10:06, said:

We're the same species, not race. 

Wow that's one of the sadest and most bigoted statements I've ever seen.

Deputy276 #53 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 17:16

Major

• Players
  • 17259 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
I'm done with this idiocy. People are getting off on arguing for the sake of arguing. That is yet another exercise in futility and one I won't participate in. Go ahead snowflakes...file your complaints. See how much it accomplishes. You are NOT going to change the world, the game, or anyone's personal beliefs, no matter how much you whine on the forums. Fact of life. Learn to deal with it. 

Edited by Deputy276, Oct 20 2017 - 17:17.

Mudman24 #54 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 17:19

Major

• Players
  • 36166 battles
When I see trolls like the OP mentions I start chatting in Spanish. It usually get the intended result.

Kliphie #55 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 17:25

Captain

• Players
  • 28121 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostKliphie, on Oct 20 2017 - 11:06, said:

We're the same species, not race. 

View PostThemothius, on Oct 20 2017 - 11:12, said:

Wow that's one of the sadest and most bigoted statements I've ever seen.

No, that's science.  Words have meaning, not feelings.  Only a racist would see either of them pejorative.  

spud_tuber #56 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 17:28

Major

• Players
  • 42561 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Oct 20 2017 - 09:48, said:

Very simple.  People like to find something or someone to blame for their own "failures".

Myself, I couldn't care less if a player was playing from Mars.  If a person can still have fun playing this game with 400+ ping, more power to them.  Personally, I could not play this game for long with 400+ ping (and not all SA players have high ping).  Just by the logic of numbers, there are more poor players here in the US than there are from SA.  Just because someone is playing from another country, that does not guarantee that they are bad players or that there is a larger proportion of bad players from that region.

Nunya says the part in bold above, then Deputy responds with the the below...

View PostDeputy276, on Oct 20 2017 - 09:55, said:

Thing is, those players are pretty much ruining the "fun" for the 14 other players on the team. I mean this IS a "team game", not a single player game. I have seen good players drown themselves rather than be on teams of 4+ SA players.

I don't, but I have seen it more than once. Tell you what...let me have WG place you on "special status" where you have at least 5 SA players on EVERY team in every battle for a month. And no, you don't get to go on vacation for a month to Hawaii :teethhappy:

Then come back and tell me how much "fun" you have had. And we will check your stats just to make sure there is no fudging. :sceptic:

I don't know about anyone else, but I find the exchange highly ironic on two levels...:popcorn:

Rides_with_Death #57 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 17:32

Major

• Players
  • 31486 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
Turn off your chat. It's what I did and haven't looked back, not really missing out on anything with it off. 

JA_Pinkerton #58 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 18:07

Major

• Players
  • 30204 battles
Pretty much the only recourse we have is to blacklist the player and report him for unsportsmanlike conduct.  That said, the level of vitriol seems to be much lower since the removal of all chat.

banziduck #59 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 18:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 15619 battles

I agree with you but really your only action is black list and report, as stated above sadly it is the time and point we are in.

Cheers

foughtwolf #60 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 18:28

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7452 battles
  • [HCO] HCO

Served in the armed forces.

Triggered by bad words.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users