Installed WGC, now what?

7 replies to this topic

KubusSc7 #1 Posted Oct 22 2017 - 17:08

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

So I decided to want to reinstall World of Warplanes again, just to see how it is. When I visited the WoWp site to download the game, i can only download the Wargaming Game Center. Okay. I installed it on my HDD, started it. Now what?

I have 4 games to select, WoT, WoWs, WoWp and Total War Arena.

I already have WoWs installed on a different hard drive on my PC, the SSD. SO I try to import the installed game, WGC is searching but comes to the conclusion there is no game installed on my PC. But Okay, I can try to add it manually. So I click it and go to my WoWs main folder  WGC is preparing selected game for import...but then tells me "No supported game was found in folder "%1"

I'm like...what? Okay, no problem, I already got WoWs. Why do I care if the WGC works with it, right? I don't plan on deinstalling WoWs so it's fine. Let's install WoWs then.

I click WoWs and I see a loading "waiting for response to server"

Then that fails as well, "unable to connect to update service. Please check your internet connection and try again." My Connection works. WGC does not.

So now...what do I do?

Only thing I can think of, is going to the settings and looking up the port, 6881, but how do I unlock it on my windows firewall settings? Can Ido it manually? Normally games ask me to add it and that's easy. WGC didn't ask me.

How do i proceed to be able to install a game?

munchlax2k14 #2 Posted Oct 22 2017 - 17:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20968 battles
I would manually install from the website onto WGC.. tbh.. idk when i installed WGC for Total War Alpha testing everything was already on WGC

KubusSc7 #3 Posted Oct 22 2017 - 18:01

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Postmunchlax2k14, on Oct 22 2017 - 17:58, said:

I would manually install from the website onto WGC.. tbh.. idk when i installed WGC for Total War Alpha testing everything was already on WGC

Manually HOW? I can only click "download game" and then he automatically downloads the WGC installer. There is no single WoWp instalelr I can use. Or I would. If it is hidden somewhere, I cannot find it.

Yao_Wang #4 Posted Oct 22 2017 - 18:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13045 battles

View PostKubusSc7, on Oct 22 2017 - 08:08, said:

So I decided to want to reinstall World of Warplanes again, just to see how it is. When I visited the WoWp site to download the game, i can only download the Wargaming Game Center. Okay. I installed it on my HDD, started it. Now what?

I have 4 games to select, WoT, WoWs, WoWp and Total War Arena.

I already have WoWs installed on a different hard drive on my PC, the SSD. SO I try to import the installed game, WGC is searching but comes to the conclusion there is no game installed on my PC. But Okay, I can try to add it manually. So I click it and go to my WoWs main folder  WGC is preparing selected game for import...but then tells me "No supported game was found in folder "%1"

I'm like...what? Okay, no problem, I already got WoWs. Why do I care if the WGC works with it, right? I don't plan on deinstalling WoWs so it's fine. Let's install WoWs then.

I click WoWs and I see a loading "waiting for response to server"

Then that fails as well, "unable to connect to update service. Please check your internet connection and try again." My Connection works. WGC does not.

So now...what do I do?

Only thing I can think of, is going to the settings and looking up the port, 6881, but how do I unlock it on my windows firewall settings? Can Ido it manually? Normally games ask me to add it and that's easy. WGC didn't ask me.

How do i proceed to be able to install a game?

honestly if I was you I would removing anything that made by wargaming and start over by getting the WGC and the 3 games from it (WOT, WOWP, WOWS) also idk if its a glitch or ment to happen but you can have all 3 of the games turned on 2 the log in screen & quickly switch between the 3

Edited by Yao_Wang, Oct 22 2017 - 18:27.

KubusSc7 #5 Posted Oct 22 2017 - 18:26

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostYao_Wang, on Oct 22 2017 - 18:18, said:

honestly if I was you I would removing anything that made by wargaming and start over by getting the WGC and the 3 games from it (WOT, WOWP, WOWS)

Now here is a thing: if i deinstall everything and have the same problem with the WGC again, that i cnanot connect to the update server to install ay game...i don't have WoWs anymore. What would be your solution then? To simply not play it anymore? >.>

Before I try to start from scratch, I first want to know if that will actually solve this problem to 100% because even if there is a 1% chance it won't, I won't be able to play WoWs anymore and that is unacceptable.

Sonic_Ronin #6 Posted Oct 31 2017 - 01:53

Private

• Players
  • 19528 battles

View PostKubusSc7, on Oct 22 2017 - 10:26, said:

Now here is a thing: if i deinstall everything and have the same problem with the WGC again, that i cnanot connect to the update server to install ay game...i don't have WoWs anymore. What would be your solution then? To simply not play it anymore? >.>

Before I try to start from scratch, I first want to know if that will actually solve this problem to 100% because even if there is a 1% chance it won't, I won't be able to play WoWs anymore and that is unacceptable.

I am in your exact position and I mean exact. It like you posted my problem for me. Only thing I did in addition was go into my Anti-Virus program and make sure the firewall was not blocking it.

Note:  So, let me get this right.  WOT, WOS and WOP are all out of Beta and have been in full release for years now. 

However, Wargaming is forcing the gaming center onto everyone. Anyone notice in the top left corner of the gaming center it says "Beta".  Hey Wargaming, why would you put full release games

behind a Beta access program?    Help me understand  your logic?

mrmojo #7 Posted Oct 31 2017 - 01:57

Major

• Players
  • 19031 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-
WGC leads to a vortex of frustration and wasted time...

KubusSc7 #8 Posted Oct 31 2017 - 02:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostSonic_Ronin, on Oct 31 2017 - 01:53, said:

I am in your exact position and I mean exact. It like you posted my problem for me. Only thing I did in addition was go into my Anti-Virus program and make sure the firewall was not blocking it.

Note:  So, let me get this right.  WOT, WOS and WOP are all out of Beta and have been in full release for years now. 

However, Wargaming is forcing the gaming center onto everyone. Anyone notice in the top left corner of the gaming center it says "Beta".  Hey Wargaming, why would you put full release games

behind a Beta access program?    Help me understand  your logic?

I tried that as well. I tried to add WGC several times to firewall settings, even played around there in specific options. I even tried to add it to my router manually, but that didn't work as well.

Now here is a thing: i suspect it has smething to do with my router. Because I also have that problem that when I open steam, when i start it, very very often, like 80% of the time, 4 out of 5 times, he won't connect and tell me there is no internet. SO I cna retry or start in offline mode or close it. When I retry it, he is stuck in that connection window forever. Have to taskmanager end steam and open it again. Then on the 2nd try he often connects. It's only the first time. And this only started happening after I got a new router because the old one was...old, 7 years, and needed to be replaced.

And because the WGC also thinks I am not connected to the internet, I think they are related.

So far after days with WG tech support, we couldn't fix the problem. Now they put me on hold, closed the ticket and say they will look into it and write me again. XD

WG isn't that bad, tho. They are only forcing that WGC with the new launched WoWp. You cna still download WoT and WoWs with the launchers. I haven't tried it, but they should not force you to install the WGC.

But on the WoWp site you cna only download the WGC installer, not the normal game launcher. And that pisses me off, that they use this newly released game to force a Beta of something that has problems with people.

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users