editor modding mesh editing

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Toncz_Wasbanned #161 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 20:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
http://prntscr.com/k7nm67 

Edited by Toncz_Wasbanned, Jul 17 2018 - 20:38.

Toncz_Wasbanned #162 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 20:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Oh, i found new issue with your exporter :D http://prntscr.com/k7npc9 Good luck with fixing this ;)

Coffee_ #163 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 20:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43236 battles
  • [AO] AO

OK.. I managed to get the Japanese Tiger exported as a primitive

Get it here

its the japan.zip... just unzip in to the vehicles folder under the current res_mods game.  
There are a number of issues.. Not sure why but it looks like some of the winding order is backwards on some of the polygons.

There is a way to fix this in Max.. you need to turn on show normals in the editable mesh modifier. Adjust the normal length to something like 0.08.

I edited the visual file for that tank after writing the primitive. I changes the texture paths to match the other hull section.

Spoiler

Edited by Coffee_, Jul 17 2018 - 20:49.

Toncz_Wasbanned #164 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 20:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Thanks you, but i dont know many about max so it will be pretty harder for me to fix :D

Toncz_Wasbanned #165 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 20:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Yep, i knew that i cannot even find how to turn on show normals xD

Coffee_ #166 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 21:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43236 battles
  • [AO] AO
OK.. gonna have to take this up again tomorrow.. I have things to do here.

Toncz_Wasbanned #167 Posted Jul 17 2018 - 21:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Ok, thanks for the time u given to my project, i am very aprecieted (eh bed england c: ) it.

JLdragon #168 Posted Jul 18 2018 - 06:57

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16710 battles

First things first.. TYVM Coffee for being soooooo extremely patient with me and others who are so loving this program. We appreciate everything you do and the help you have gone beyond to assist us with our user end fk ups, bug fixing, etc.. you are truelly an amazing programmer and have create by far one of the best WoT programs out there that you so graciously allow all to use free of any cost.

Now with that said.. after a couple of foul ups on my end (oh duh on the system unit scale) all is fixed and working correctly.. now what i did notice is that on my first attempt of importing my E50 into TE with just a couple of small things removed from the turret, I got the popup (WOOHOO!) but failed to uncheck EVERYTHING except the turret (which was only thing i edited). This caused a pathing error.

SO yet agian i did an IOBIT Absolute Uninstall of Tank exporter.. reinstalled USING the .MSI setup option. no Errors on install. selected my E50 to import.. got the pop for the .pkg file thing. When the above popped up next.. I UNselected ALL except the Turret. hit the Extract button and WOOT! Jackpot!

SO for all others.. after you have finished editing.. MAKE SURE YOU uncheck ALL EXCEPT the part you edited before Importing.. otherwise it can possibly not import correctly and get a Pathing Error. + not place the files into the appropriate res_mod folder.

Now is there a way to for you coffee.. to not have the 2 items listed in red show up on the initial Import of an edited tank.. BY default the 2 boxes are automatically checked when attempting to import the tank into Tank Exporter, which causes the Errors.

Agian TY TY TY TY TY for making such a killer program.. You know you SHOULD Charge for it.. even if its only $10-20, Its TOTALLY WORTH IT! and there are SOOOO many people who use it and or are discovering it.. I even mention it in my Photoshop walkthrough guides on editing tanks for recolor..

Coffee_ #169 Posted Jul 18 2018 - 14:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43236 battles
  • [AO] AO
Thanks for the kind words :) I do try to stay on top of this and keep improving it for the users.

Let me look in to the problem with the red check boxes.. I will change the default to unchecked as requested.

Coffee_ #170 Posted Jul 18 2018 - 14:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43236 battles
  • [AO] AO

View PostToncz_Wasbanned, on Jul 17 2018 - 14:56, said:

Yep, i knew that i cannot even find how to turn on show normals xD

I highly recommend you start learning how to use 3DS Max. There are many MANY videos on YouTube that you can watch.
I am not a 3D artist... I understand how texture mapping works and most other things about 3D art but no real experience.
Being good at 3D art is like anything else.. you get better the more you use it.. If you like Max... Stick with that and don't bounce around on other apps.

Coffee_ #171 Posted Jul 18 2018 - 15:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43236 battles
  • [AO] AO

View PostJLdragon, on Jul 18 2018 - 00:57, said:

Agian TY TY TY TY TY for making such a killer program.. You know you SHOULD Charge for it.. even if its only $10-20, Its TOTALLY WORTH IT! and there are SOOOO many people who use it and or are discovering it.. I even mention it in my Photoshop walkthrough guides on editing tanks for recolor..

It just doesn't feel right to me to charge for this. Wargaming has exposed the data for anyone to use provided they don't use it for personal gain. I do NOT want to break that agreement. Donations are welcome but optional.
If you find someone that is reselling their models, REPORT IT! It cost millions of dollars to create this game and all its models. Only Wargaming should profit from that work!
I do this because I love programming.. I like the feeling I get when I create code that is usable by many that functions the way it should. I'm a sloppy coder and anyone that has looked at my code knows this :D
I believe World of Tanks has a long future and will be here for many more years. The last major upgrade to the ENCORE engine was the best thing to happen for its player base and new comers.
World of Tanks now has the latest cutting edge rendering engine. It takes advantage of the new features the video hardware manufactures have created. Adaptive tessellation is amazing! Unfortunately, the new engine has made Terra ( my offline map viewer/battle planning tool) unusable. I don't have any plans to work on Terra. It was never used by very many people and because of this, I don't want to invest the effort to rewrite it.
I did learn many things such as projected screen space decals.. That technic is used in TE for the terrain decals.
Again, thanks for the kind words :)

Coffee_ #172 Posted Jul 18 2018 - 15:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43236 battles
  • [AO] AO

JLdragon,

Can you post a image of the error when all check boxes are checked on the extract form?
I can't get it to error here.
I loaded TE... Import the type59 FBX and than extract the data to the res_mods. I get no errors at all and everything is extracted. The work area folder is created and the PNGs are all placed in there. Also the scripts folder is created and the customization.xml is placed in there under the nations folder.
All is working as expected.

JLdragon #173 Posted Yesterday, 03:16 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16710 battles
No problem coffee, I have family coming up out of state tonight, so I will try to get to the tank exporter over the next couple days when I find time. And if I can get it to air out I'll be happily to post it for you. Until then, have a good weekend and talk to you in a couple days possibly.

JLdragon #174 Posted Today, 07:30 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16710 battles

able to spend a couple minutes on.. tried a minor test. Here is link.

http://forum.worldof...-modifications/

Was wondering if ya might be able to shine some light on this? Hoping to get some intel from some of the remodelers on what i didnt and should have done instead..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users