• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Finnegan_Gromyko #1 Posted Oct 24 2017 - 17:50

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9403 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

Hi all,

I just completed my article on how to win on the map Mines. There are now two parts to the article. The first is on how to win from the North Spawn, which you can see HERE. The second is on how to win from the South Spawn, which is HERE. This latest article also includes a really detailed video from LemmingRush (ranked in the top 100 of all players in the world), so you can watch that if you prefer video to reading.

I'm adding more how to articles as I go (the site is only three weeks old), and you can either enter a term in search (eg. T67 for a tank review) or you can go to the Noob Academy section for some of the more general how to guides.

I'd love to get some feedback on what you think of the map guides so far. You can leave them here, or on the comments at the bottom of the articles.

Thanks, and GLHF,

Finn.

MacDaddyMatty #2 Posted Oct 24 2017 - 18:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 17708 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Love your stuff Finn,

Please keep it up!

:honoring:

+1

saber1179 #3 Posted Oct 24 2017 - 18:16

Captain

• Players
  • 28234 battles
  • [WANKO] WANKO
is it me or dose it seem harder to take the hill from the south now?   I always thought the south spawn had the advantage for the hill, but most of the times in my lights I can't get there without losing almost all my HP or getting run off of it

xtc4 #4 Posted Oct 24 2017 - 18:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20813 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

Thanks, Finn.

From the South, a rush to the C9 flanking spot can be extremely important. And not just for light tanks: it is usually reasonably safe to go there with a medium or even a fast-moving heavy, if you go without delay. If you get there in a tank with a powerful gun, it is extremely difficult for red heavies to push east of the hill against your side shots. You also have the option of shooting across at red tanks playing west of the hill, if they hang back too far; of shooting red tanks that have won the hill and are trying to peek out; and of shooting any TDs that get spotted on the rear perch. Meanwhile, you have houses and bushes to cover you during reload.

No doubt, the spot is high risk. The reds might send a superior force to C9. But they often don't. High risk, high reward.

Edited by xtc4, Oct 24 2017 - 18:47.

Finnegan_Gromyko #5 Posted Oct 26 2017 - 17:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9403 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

View Postxtc4, on Oct 24 2017 - 18:45, said:

Thanks, Finn.

From the South, a rush to the C9 flanking spot can be extremely important. And not just for light tanks: it is usually reasonably safe to go there with a medium or even a fast-moving heavy, if you go without delay. If you get there in a tank with a powerful gun, it is extremely difficult for red heavies to push east of the hill against your side shots. You also have the option of shooting across at red tanks playing west of the hill, if they hang back too far; of shooting red tanks that have won the hill and are trying to peek out; and of shooting any TDs that get spotted on the rear perch. Meanwhile, you have houses and bushes to cover you during reload.

No doubt, the spot is high risk. The reds might send a superior force to C9. But they often don't. High risk, high reward.

Totally agree. Sometimes you get slammed there and might think it's not worth doing, but very often it can be the key to winning the game. In the article I reference, you can see the LemmingRush video where he uses that spot to pwn the heavies coming around bottom of Hill. It's epic when it works.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users