Issues - WoT Mac Wrapper [2.10.12] and Client v9.20.1.1

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

black_colt #1 Posted Oct 26 2017 - 16:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

Please indicate which region you are in as well as the version of OS X/macOS you are using when posting - e.g. ASIA and macOS High Sierra

Additionally please indicate if you are running MODs and give information on the MODs - e.g. Running Solo's ModPack Installer Update 10

Edited by black_colt, Oct 26 2017 - 17:54.

black_colt #2 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 15:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

Correction - title should be [Issues - WoT Mac Wrapper [v2.0.12] and Client v9.20.1.1]

Apologies for any confusion.

ISNomads #3 Posted Oct 28 2017 - 01:57

Captain

• Players
  • 29188 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO
FYI, updated and started the game yesterday and all was fine. When I quit as normal, some processes were left running. If you try to start the game again and get messages that the client is already started, use activity viewer to kill the Wargaming processes as well as the wineserver process.

black_colt #4 Posted Oct 28 2017 - 08:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostISNomads, on Oct 27 2017 - 16:57, said:

FYI, updated and started the game yesterday and all was fine. When I quit as normal, some processes were left running. If you try to start the game again and get messages that the client is already started, use activity viewer to kill the Wargaming processes as well as the wineserver process.

Open the Studly Utility and then go to [World of Tanks] then [Troubleshooting] then [Fix "Shutting Down" Bug]

If that does not work then click on [Drop the Hammer]

Please indicate when Region, version of OS X/macOS, and if you are running MODs.

Pokemon_Legend #5 Posted Oct 31 2017 - 14:36

Private

• -Players-
  • 6229 battles
  • [FIT] FIT

I am from North America and my mac is OS X Yosemite Ver. 10.10.5. I tried reinstalling the game after some graphics issues. I cleansed my computer of all traces of WoT, but when I try to open the game to reinstall, the same thing repeats over and over again: a screen pops up for a split second saying that I need to wait for applications to shut down and then WoT closes. What can I do to fix this. (b.t.w. I have never run mods on my account)

black_colt #6 Posted Oct 31 2017 - 17:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostPokemon_Legend, on Oct 31 2017 - 05:36, said:

I am from North America and my mac is OS X Yosemite Ver. 10.10.5. I tried reinstalling the game after some graphics issues. I cleansed my computer of all traces of WoT, but when I try to open the game to reinstall, the same thing repeats over and over again: a screen pops up for a split second saying that I need to wait for applications to shut down and then WoT closes. What can I do to fix this. (b.t.w. I have never run mods on my account)

Go to the following Forum thread and download the Studly Utility from dstud208

http://forum.worldof...rapper-utility/

If open quit the WoT Mac Wrapper and make sure all world_of_tanks processes are quit/closed.

Use [Activity Monitor] in [Applications [Utilities] and force-quit any open world_of_tank processes.

Install and launch the Studly Utility 

Click on [World of Tanks] then [Troubleshooting] then [Fix "Shutting Down" Bug]

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper.  

Please let the Forum know if this works ...

Lisa96 #7 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 19:32

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
My husband's PC died and I have a relatively new Mac.  I would like to put World of Tanks on my computer so he can play until we buy a new PC for him.  I have no idea where to start, from what I have been reading it looks as though I need to download Windows?  Then download the WOT game?  Then download the wrapper?  Is this correct or am I missing something? 

black_colt #8 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 20:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostLisa96, on Nov 01 2017 - 10:32, said:

My husband's PC died and I have a relatively new Mac.  I would like to put World of Tanks on my computer so he can play until we buy a new PC for him.  I have no idea where to start, from what I have been reading it looks as though I need to download Windows?  Then download the WOT game?  Then download the wrapper?  Is this correct or am I missing something? 

Wargaming and CodeWeavers has made a relatively uncomplicated way to play the game on your Mac - the WoT Mac Wrapper.  No need to download MS Windows, etc. - just install the WoT Mac Wrapper.

The WoT Mac Wrapper [wraps] the native MS Windows game without needing to install MS Windows on your Mac.

How to Get the WoT Mac Wrapper and How to Install

Go to - https://worldoftanks.com/en/game/ - from your choice of web browser on your Mac and you should see a [DOWNLOAD GAME] button.  Click on that button and you will be taken to the WoT Mac Wrapper download page.

Just under the World of Tanks logo is the a [Download Game] button - make sure that this button has the Mac OS Logo in it. Click on that button and the WoT Mac Wrapper DMG will download.

Once finished downloading go to where the DMG downloaded - by default [Downloads] - and double-click to open.

A new window will open in Finder - follow the instructions to install in Applications.

Once the file has finished copying - eject the DMG.

Go to Applications and double click on the World of Tanks icon and the WoT Mac Wrapper will open.  You should get a dialog box stating that you are running the latest version.  Dismiss this dialog box and you will be presented with the [PLAY] screen of the game [which looks exactly the same windows as in MS Windows]

black_colt #9 Posted Nov 02 2017 - 15:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostLisa96, on Nov 01 2017 - 10:32, said:

In case you did not know Apple-branded Intel-based hardware can run MS Windows natively.  Apple created the app - Boot Camp - to allow Mac owners to do so.

If your husband insists on MS Windows - why go out and buy something when you already have something that will run MS Windows?  Apple-branded Intel-based hardware can boot into 64-bit versions MS Windows 7, MS Windows 8, and MS Windows 10 so you can chose the version of MS Windows that you like. 

NOTE: You will need to buy/have a full-version license - upgrade licenses will not work.  And you cannot run 32-bit versions of MS Windows on later Apple-branded Intel-based hardware.

You can even run your favorite Linux distribution, MS Windows and OS X on Apple-branded Intel-based hardware.  Triple-booting is a little harder now since SIP was introduced but doable.  I was running a triple-boot system on my iMac until OS X 10.12 - [Correction: 10.11] as I did not want to permanently disable SIP just to run Linux.  Apparently there are some boot manager apps now that no longer require the disabling of SIP so I will need to check them out.

I run MS Windows 10 Pro and macOS High Sierra on my MacBook Pro and iMac. And when I want to play on the Common and Sandbox servers all I do is boot into MS Windows. And all it cost me was the price of a full-version of MS Windows for each machine [IIRC a total of USD 150] versus several hundred/a thousand USD.

If your Mac has an AMD RADEON graphics card and you are running MS Windows you should check out - Bootcampdrivers - for the latest AMD graphics drivers.  Have been using that site for, what seems like years, without issue.

Edited by black_colt, Nov 02 2017 - 22:46.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users