Maps

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Felonious_Ogre #1 Posted Oct 26 2017 - 17:52

Private

• Players
  • 20220 battles
  • [PAW2] PAW2
Why are we inundated with urban maps? I do not know of any military in history that used tanks to clear urban areas except to support infantry as a place where they could collect wounded and radio contact with other units. There is not infantry in this game so why do we keep getting urban maps. Tanks cannot clear a building unless the army in question just wanted to level the urban area completely by using arty from outside the area. WG please stop with the urban maps. There is no question that the players want more maps, but urban areas limit how you play the game with corridors. Give us some more maps in the rotation and please make them more rural maps. There are so many different types of terrain to choose from. I'm not asking for an open / flat map but maps with ridges, valleys, cliffs, roads, bridges, rock formations, vegetation, swamps, lakes, rivers, and tank hulks. At the very least bring back all the old maps into the rotations, they don't have to be HD. Most people do not care about HD maps and skins, we care about variety and game play. Thank you for your considerations on this topic and please add your suggestions. 

MajorRenegade #2 Posted Oct 26 2017 - 17:57

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27950 battles
  • [SAVE] SAVE

Not all tanks do well in open field maps. Some tanks is better suited for urban maps, while others are more suited for open maps(like light tanks)

btw good news, there might be a new open map coming soon enough(few months), They just recently did a poll a while ago asking what version of the new map we want. I prefer both really

Edited by MajorRenegade, Oct 26 2017 - 17:59.

ThePigSheFlies #3 Posted Oct 26 2017 - 18:02

Major

• Players
  • 59076 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostMajorRenegade, on Oct 26 2017 - 11:57, said:

Not all tanks do well in open field maps. Some tanks is better suited for urban maps, while others are more suited for open maps(like light tanks)

btw good news, there might be a new open map coming soon enough(few months), They just recently did a poll a while ago asking what version of the new map we want. I prefer both really

the game meta has been stuck on city, and funnel maps for 3½ years...  one can win more than half of one's games by literally following an "go to x, then, y, then z" prescribed script on the majority of them these days.

city, and funnel maps are the most boring, of an extremely boring and stagnant map design era

SGT_Mr_Pumpgrip32 #4 Posted Oct 26 2017 - 18:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 5335 battles
  • [HLYEA] HLYEA
I prefer they bring back the old maps like dragon ridge and pearl river they have had two years to come up with a new map. I would like to see where you can knock trees on other tanks buildings and mud get stuck in mud can be a bad thing weather patterns rain and snow .

Nudnick #5 Posted Oct 26 2017 - 18:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 21741 battles
They want engagement within 30 seconds. Large open rural maps make for longer battles, meaning less battles, and less money for WG. It's true, it has become boring and predictable, so for me, I don't play as much as I used to.

SGT_Mr_Pumpgrip32 #6 Posted Oct 26 2017 - 18:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 5335 battles
  • [HLYEA] HLYEA

Also on the NA server HLYEA is recruiting We are a brand new clan starting once again. Looking for people that wanna do clan things and be an active player. Every one in the clan will have a choice in what we do! We are casual players for fun. We realize every one has a life. Tier 6 Minimum tank required to join. Some tier 8's and 10's wouldn't hurt as well. Team-speak is a must. Message or apply for details I know this is bout maps but I did want to put it out bout our clan  I was told using a forum base would be a much better approach.

power_Donky #7 Posted Oct 26 2017 - 18:12

Major

• Players
  • 21155 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
I like city maps, but they are only fun for heavies

Felonious_Ogre #8 Posted Oct 26 2017 - 18:18

Private

• Players
  • 20220 battles
  • [PAW2] PAW2

View PostNudnick, on Oct 26 2017 - 10:07, said:

They want engagement within 30 seconds. Large open rural maps make for longer battles, meaning less battles, and less money for WG. It's true, it has become boring and predictable, so for me, I don't play as much as I used to.

We don't need huge maps that take minutes just to spot your enemies, just maps that do not funnel you into a predictable pattern.

SGT_Mr_Pumpgrip32 #9 Posted Oct 26 2017 - 18:23

Private

• -Players-
  • 5335 battles
  • [HLYEA] HLYEA

Wargaming doesn't listen to the player base anymore they only listen to the millionaire brats that live on mom and dads credit card  you can't tell me they don't have die hard people that work for them that do play that get tired of the same old maps I want matchmaking to where it is based on tier and wn8 not this one tier higher or two tier higher crap they scam on us to make more money by forcing those to fire gold just to pen something it is sad really . They allow one tier higher or two but don't allow in platoon doesn't really make sense also miss the chat interface where you can talk to the other side trash talking and holding convos is what made the game fun so I wanna know how this tier higher routine is fair play . If I was most people I would not invest in the game anymore if you do this goes for the premium as well eventually all good things come to an end this company that doesn't have a headquarters anymore to where its player base can get in touch with them something weird bout that at one time you could contact people that are higher up bout things but shows all they care to do is make money play to win even the bonds and all the missions are not very rewarding . Hell now you got it where tier 10 light tanks are more powerful then a standard tier 8 is3 physics is so out of wack you wonder if they use the bouncy ball method I don't know bout most players but are you sick of the stun affect I know I am .

GeorgePreddy #10 Posted Oct 26 2017 - 18:27

Major

• Players
  • 14334 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View PostSGT_Mr_Pumpgrip32, on Oct 26 2017 - 14:23, said:

Wargaming doesn't listen to the player base anymore they only listen to the millionaire brats that live on mom and dads credit card  you can't tell me they don't have die hard people that work for them that do play that get tired of the same old maps I want matchmaking to where it is based on tier and wn8 not this one tier higher or two tier higher crap they scam on us to make more money by forcing those to fire gold just to pen something it is sad really . They allow one tier higher or two but don't allow in platoon doesn't really make sense also miss the chat interface where you can talk to the other side trash talking and holding convos is what made the game fun so I wanna know how this tier higher routine is fair play . If I was most people I would not invest in the game anymore if you do this goes for the premium as well eventually all good things come to an end this company that doesn't have a headquarters anymore to where its player base can get in touch with them something weird bout that at one time you could contact people that are higher up bout things but shows all they care to do is make money play to win even the bonds and all the missions are not very rewarding . Hell now you got it where tier 10 light tanks are more powerful then a standard tier 8 is3 physics is so out of wack you wonder if they use the bouncy ball method I don't know bout most players but are you sick of the stun affect I know I am .

effect

Also tagged with Maps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users