New to Tanks and it sucks

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Hull__Balsey #1 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 02:25

Private

• -Players-
  • 1616 battles
  • [OBB] OBB
Not sure how you are able to retain players. MM is broken as hell. 80% of battles in a T6 im bottom tier. There is no hope for a 6 heavy to do damage to a 8 heavy. I was in a battle, I was hidden when a T8 heavy stopped right in front me. His side was exposed. I shot him once, he looked at me, went back to shooting at his original target. He didnt give two [edited]that I was there. Why should he? the 5 times i hit him in the side didnt do crapto him. I might as well have been shooting twinkies at him. I could have maybe done some damage to him if I had gold rounds. Ya, pay to win [edited]in a "free to play" game. Oh wait, you can buy gold rounds for in game credits, but the economy in this game is so screwed it would take you 20 battles just to cover the cost of gold rounds for one battle. Oh you can use premium tanks to earn credits faster, oh ya, another way to have to spend money.  I started playing warships. I love that game. Game play is good, economy is good. I figured I would give tanks a try. Wargaming got big and got greedy when they blew and crossed to console. No it seems to be all about the $. Dont get me wrong, when you end up in even tier or one tier MM the game is fun. Its always finding myself in 2 tier games that makes me want to punch babies. Who the hell likes to die in the first 4 minutes and grind 30k xp and 37xp per battle. Why dont you spend some time fixing the mm or getting rid of gold rounds. If not get rid of them, make changes to them. Make the reload longer, or maybe up the chance that it bounces. God knows the gold rounds that I have shot bounce more than tits on a running fat guy.

Hull__Balsey #2 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 02:26

Private

• -Players-
  • 1616 battles
  • [OBB] OBB
Oh and lets not forget about the E25 thats invisible until it sticks its turret up your [edited].

zarg12 #3 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 02:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23006 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
that's a nice wall of letters, I'm not reading that

NightofNights_o7_AnimeCo #4 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 02:29

Captain

• Players
  • 37865 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

You wanna toon saturday night? i could try to help a bit.

LpBronco #5 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 02:30

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 39814 battles
  • [TG] TG
The way this works is your new to WoT and you suck. That's okay because most do in your situation. So instead of crying about how unfair it is try learning a little more about how to play and give it some time. Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug - well, mostly, you're the bug.

Lonewolfpj #6 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 02:30

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4004 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Well then go back to warships. 

Red_Ensign #7 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 02:31

Major

• Players
  • 7328 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
new to tanks but he forum whines like a seasoned veteran.

CedricMacLaren #8 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 02:32

Major

• Players
  • 15130 battles
  • [RECKT] RECKT
Never more than three tier 8’s when you are in a tier 6 tank. What is so bloody frighting about that?  Go where they aren’t. 

SkimpyLawnChair #9 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 02:35

Major

• Players
  • 22216 battles
  • [-KEK-] -KEK-

If you're gonna complain about a game like WoT you should play it for a few thousand more battles.

You literally don't deserve to complain yet. Do some work kid.

Red_Ensign #10 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 02:37

Major

• Players
  • 7328 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostCedricMacLaren, on Oct 26 2017 - 19:32, said:

Never more than three tier 8’s when you are in a tier 6 tank. What is so bloody frighting about that?  Go where they aren’t. 

hey whoa this is the forum - take that logic crap someplace else.

dirty hippie

Kamahl1234 #11 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 02:52

Major

• Players
  • 18393 battles

If you're a bottom tier heavy, don't try to solo a top tier heavy. Even one a single tier up is straight up better and would beat you more than you him on average. You support your team from the second line. 

You don't have to engage a tier 8 tank, or even tier 7 tank solo. Find friends to support and help them outnumber those guys. 

razzi123 #12 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 02:54

Major

• Players
  • 28416 battles
  • [RDDT6] RDDT6

View PostHull__Balsey, on Oct 26 2017 - 20:25, said:

*snip*

Jesus Christ dude...............new people have noooooooo idea what bad mm IS......If you want effed up mm, this is what it was loooong ago...

RickPatton #13 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 03:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 33427 battles
  • [ANV] ANV
Show us on your tank where the bad T8 tank hit you.  This is what you call arcade warfare.  You die, you win.   You win, you die.  That is the life of a WoT tanker.  

9435 #14 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 03:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 147 battles
What the hell are you doing in a tier 6 tank.  WG needs to stop people from going to tier 6 without 1000 games.

werecat #15 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 03:39

Captain

• Players
  • 28973 battles
  • [TRULL] TRULL

View PostLpBronco, on Oct 27 2017 - 01:30, said:

The way this works is your new to WoT and you suck. That's okay because most do in your situation. So instead of crying about how unfair it is try learning a little more about how to play and give it some time. Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug - well, mostly, you're the bug.

Yes, he probably does suck at the game. It's not exactly that easy to pick up and be a unicum in your first few hundred games. However, that doesn't mean that his points aren't valid. Perception of balance is more important than balance itself, and he is just expressing his experience as a new player. Stop defending wargaming's [edited]greedy way of developing this game. This is pretty much the average experience of the new free-to-play WoT player, and it's not their fault that that experience sucks

Michael_Cochrane_2017 #16 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 05:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7859 battles

View PostCedricMacLaren, on Oct 26 2017 - 19:32, said:

coupled with how many tier vii's? which are only slightly less penetrable than tier viii. Oh, some _____ wonder in the MM thread said "learn to play better"...erm....yeah, ok, hide behind rock, get spotted from across the map, get shot by tier viii arty, and die. 

Yup, that'll learn me. 

Ok, so you run into one, can't damage them, and if you turn to run away they one shot kill you in the a$$...backup and you're so slow they one shot kill you in the front. 

__kless also said "learn where the heavies go on the map" welp, go south? they're there. Go north? they're there. It's pretty much impossible to avoid running into a higher tier tank with the current mm system.

I agree 100% with the OP: I can hold my own in a +1 tier match but they are few and far between. 

I know, WOT is pay to win....and they'll do anything to make you do that and if that means __cking you in the a$$? They'll do that too. Know who else __cks their customers? Hookers......

The_Creeper_Hunter #17 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 09:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 25994 battles
  • [KON] KON
I've spent a lot of time saying "GAME SUCKS"! Finally came to the sad conclusion I suck too! So it's a wash... still great fun for the cost of a MacDonald's dinner box once a month. GL HF-

Tolos #18 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 10:43

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostMichael_Cochrane_2017, on Oct 27 2017 - 04:59, said:

coupled with how many tier vii's? which are only slightly less penetrable than tier viii. Oh, some _____ wonder in the MM thread said "learn to play better"...erm....yeah, ok, hide behind rock, get spotted from across the map, get shot by tier viii arty, and die. 

Yup, that'll learn me. 

Ok, so you run into one, can't damage them, and if you turn to run away they one shot kill you in the a$$...backup and you're so slow they one shot kill you in the front. 

__kless also said "learn where the heavies go on the map" welp, go south? they're there. Go north? they're there. It's pretty much impossible to avoid running into a higher tier tank with the current mm system.

I agree 100% with the OP: I can hold my own in a +1 tier match but they are few and far between. 

I know, WOT is pay to win....and they'll do anything to make you do that and if that means __cking you in the a$$? They'll do that too. Know who else __cks their customers? Hookers......

You agree with the OP for a reason...can anyone else guess that reason?.

shinglefoot #19 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 10:56

Major

• Players
  • 23072 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

To the OP, your experience isn't new or unusual. Many who were new to this game had the same experience only MUCH worse because of the old MM. Rushing up through the tiers when you know nothing of mechanics, armor, tank roles and locations makes for an unenjoyable and frustrating experience. My advice to you is ask on here for help, there are many good players and clans who will platoon and help, read some guides and watch some vids. It gets better with experience. 

I sucked massively for literally thousands of games because I was totally clueless, but I have elevated my play to average and contribute to my teams more often than not. This game is a marathon not a sprint.

Michael_Cochrane_2017 #20 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 15:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7859 battles

View Postshinglefoot, on Oct 27 2017 - 03:56, said:

To the OP, your experience isn't new or unusual. Many who were new to this game had the same experience only MUCH worse because of the old MM. Rushing up through the tiers when you know nothing of mechanics, armor, tank roles and locations makes for an unenjoyable and frustrating experience. My advice to you is ask on here for help, there are many good players and clans who will platoon and help, read some guides and watch some vids. It gets better with experience. 

I sucked massively for literally thousands of games because I was totally clueless, but I have elevated my play to average and contribute to my teams more often than not. This game is a marathon not a sprint.

I agree with the "marathon not a sprint" comment totally. Hence why I am only playing my current tanks and not buying higher tiers simply because WOT is trying to force me to. See therein lies the issue: WOT has made it almost impossible to enjoy the middle tiers simply because they want you to spent money rushing up to the tier ix and tier x. I thought it prudent to learn the mechanics, tactics etc and train my crews to 100% on all skills prior to going up against seasoned pros in the upper tiers.....logical no? Yet here I am now, facing those same heavy tanks in my lower tier tanks. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users