• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

CabbageMechanic #1 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 22:18

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 7368 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

Hey Tankers,

Two new versions of Province are up on Supertest. Our goal is to fix the gameplay problems of the previous version and to release the map to the main servers, if everything goes well. 
We will increase the size of the map up to 1000x1000 m, so that it’s suitable for vehicles of Tiers VIII-X and will add some balance fixes that will improve the gameplay. 

By the way, we are still working on the prototypes for Minsk. The Super Test gets the updated version of Railway station plaza:

We know continuing map development is important to you guys - let us know what you think!

MajorRenegade #2 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 22:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27921 battles
  • [SAVE] SAVE
what happen to the other version of Minsk?

stalkervision #3 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 22:25

Major

• Players
  • 51649 battles
I love that map. One of the best little maps ever.

mongoosejake #4 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 22:28

Major

• Players
  • 31711 battles
  • [S-F] S-F

Good to see this map kinda-sorta-maybe making a return. 

For me, removing the original at the same time as introducing the toilet bowl known as Mittengard was a bad decision gameplay wise. You removed a map that taught camo and vision while bringing in a map that taught nothing other than for people to rush in and smash each other at point blank range. This was long enough ago that now we have players scattered throughout the tiers that rush and die in mere moments all too often. 

My opinion (for what it's worth) is this: Bring back the original Province and limit it to tiers 1 & 2 only. Introduce the new maps for tiers 3 and up. The initial looks at the new maps look promising, and I hope to see them soon! Please keep up the good work and make even more maps. 

P.S. Please bring back Dragon Ridge and Komarin!

IndygoEEI #5 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 22:43

Major

• Players
  • 49383 battles
  • [XILES] XILES

Ahh Province....  A map I loved to hate.  The map was both small and mindnumbingly boring. 

Even at Tiers 1-3 you could see across the map.  I see you've changed that.  Also the

alternate paths are great considering how haywire it was I had to every bloody time run my

fast tank across death valley and pray I can get to safety before **** hits the fan.  If there is

one thing I liked about Province,  it was it's theme and appearence.

BTW, Minsk should have been a separate post as there's leaks of other versions floating

around.  From the ones I've seen on Status Report., I want all of them.

View Postmongoosejake, on Oct 27 2017 - 16:28, said:

P.S. Please bring back Dragon Ridge and Komarin!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T BRING BACK KOMARIN!  I HATE THAT MAP.

As for Dragon's Ridge, Hell yes!  I hear the console version is really good and fixed

everything wrong with it.  I've never played it though.

Edited by IndygoEEI, Oct 27 2017 - 22:44.

RECON_RANGER #6 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 22:43

Captain

• Players
  • 32828 battles

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Oct 27 2017 - 22:18, said:

Hey Tankers,

Two new versions of Province are up on Supertest. Our goal is to fix the gameplay problems of the previous version and to release the map to the main servers, if everything goes well. 
We will increase the size of the map up to 1000x1000 m, so that it’s suitable for vehicles of Tiers VIII-X and will add some balance fixes that will improve the gameplay. 

By the way, we are still working on the prototypes for Minsk. The Super Test gets the updated version of Railway station plaza:

We know continuing map development is important to you guys - let us know what you think!

Province was PERFECT the way it was.  It was by far my favorite map and one of the best maps in the game.  WG's OLD map designers were the best.  The current map designers are IMCOMPETENT. 

Worst maps in the game are all new maps such as Pilsen, Stalingrad and Paris. 

Great/good maps were removed such as Province, Hidden Village and Pearl River.  All three of these maps are better than the prior three (I hate Overlord too), but WG will never remove Paris.  My God, I would rather play on the dreaded Komarin (either version) than Paris.    

Edited by RECON_RANGER, Oct 27 2017 - 22:44.

Noivy #7 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 22:48

Captain

• Players
  • 30416 battles
Province's return is a mixed feeling for me. I reaaaallly didn't like the old province because it was far too campy for its own good. I'm going to be paying attention to whatever changes go through on it.

Mad_Dog_Seabee #8 Posted Oct 27 2017 - 22:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10144 battles
  • [-RG--] -RG--
I like the second version of Province and Minsk looks interesting. I am not going to ask Wargaming Level Design Team to rush this because I understand that it takes time. I would rather a map be delayed and polished than early and rush.

CanOfTomatoes #9 Posted Oct 28 2017 - 00:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 20779 battles

View PostKarl__Childers, on Oct 27 2017 - 16:17, said:

Really? You think 71000+ battles is a re-roll....  I'd love to see the real account  :facepalm:

Showed zero when I posted that doesn't matter you ignored the real point of the message to make your snarky INCORRECT  remark since nothing was said about it being a re-roll you just decided to add that. Which puts you on the list of disregard anything further you have to say.

Edited by CanOfTomatoes, Oct 28 2017 - 00:14.

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #10 Posted Oct 28 2017 - 01:10

Captain

• Players
  • 65808 battles

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

So good to see you guys are finally working on new maps (and not city maps)

AndrewSledge #11 Posted Oct 28 2017 - 01:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 26630 battles

What?!!! Province is coming back??!!! This is awesome! 

:great::honoring::great::honoring::great::honoring:

vonkevin #12 Posted Oct 28 2017 - 01:55

Captain

• Players
  • 30650 battles
Dat ping,  tho - must be nice to play in the same room as the server.  :B  I like both versions of Provence.  I really like Minsk, Mark 3.  Pumping Provence up to 100m x 100m is excellent - now find some other old map & pump it up to 1200m x 1200m.  Just one - ANY one.

FCM_2C_Jesus #13 Posted Oct 28 2017 - 03:25

Major

• Players
  • 24676 battles

Solution: Bring the old Province back for lowtiers, give it its original name of Campania

Add new map for high tiers, keep the more recognizable name of Province

Rawrlynn #14 Posted Oct 28 2017 - 06:39

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24269 battles
  • [CDN-T] CDN-T

the new province... horrible it's too mittengaurdey. no real cover- and just a bowl.     The old one was perfect. if any thing just stretch the middle of the old map. new map = no cover on either side other then houses... so that nice slow tank can't move from the starting area without getting side shot from the other team.  

the new minsk.... IT'S JUST PARIS TURNED DIFFERENTLY............ most of the players hate paris... I mean REALLY hate paris  and yet Minsk is the same concept....  bring back some of the good map designs.

Hidden Valley, dragon ridge, northwest, south coast... those were great maps.   and you keep giving us the same kinds of maps.   maps where if you aren't playing a tank with high bounce armor and a derp gun you might as well not play. 

can we just have the old removed maps back... and forget these new ones were thought of? 

schwert_2015 #15 Posted Oct 28 2017 - 06:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 27250 battles
"Fix" Province? There wasn't anything wrong with it. Except, from your guys' p.o.v. it wasn't a corridor map. I guess that was the reason you killed it.

Avalon304 #16 Posted Oct 28 2017 - 11:38

Major

• Players
  • 17132 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

Of all the maps... you choose Province? I mean... new-ish map I guess... but how about Hidden Village or Pearl River or Northwest. Those maps were actually good... just whatever you do dont bring back Komarin... that map was so campy...

EDIT: That being said... I like version 2, with the elevated caps...

Edited by Avalon304, Oct 28 2017 - 11:40.

Groza_Tanke #17 Posted Oct 28 2017 - 21:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 55981 battles
  • [TRAP] TRAP

The second version on Province represents the old map the best.  However the map lacks that intimate feel that the original had.  On the new map the buildings are spread out a lot more and so far there is far too little vegetation.  Need give it the feel of a small village where everyone almost lives on top of their neighbors. 

I am glad to see Province is coming back to the game at least in name.  New or/and revised maps are greatly needed.

The new version of Minsk looks like another, Pilsen, Ensk, etc. copy.  There are too many maps like this in the game already.  Give us a few more open maps without too many buildings or tight choke points.  Please use a bit of imagination.  Keep working on the maps. 

Thanks for the update.

the_Deadly_Bulb #18 Posted Oct 29 2017 - 09:04

Major

• Players
  • 18712 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

I preferred version 2.

Seemed to have a larger playable area.

It sure would be great to have a new map.

Preferred the version 2 of Provence over the presented Minsk map. If I had a choice and could have only 1 it would be version 2 over either of the others.

The Minsk map does remind me (in all the wrong ways) of Paris and Stalingrad. Would rather see less maps like these.

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Oct 29 2017 - 09:07.

_Schneller_Heinz_ #19 Posted Oct 29 2017 - 19:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1931 battles

View PostGroza_Tanke, on Oct 28 2017 - 21:58, said:

The second version on Province represents the old map the best.  However the map lacks that intimate feel that the original had.  On the new map the buildings are spread out a lot more and so far there is far too little vegetation.  Need give it the feel of a small village where everyone almost lives on top of their neighbors. 

I am glad to see Province is coming back to the game at least in name.  New or/and revised maps are greatly needed.

The new version of Minsk looks like another, Pilsen, Ensk, etc. copy.  There are too many maps like this in the game already.  Give us a few more open maps without too many buildings or tight choke points.  Please use a bit of imagination.  Keep working on the maps. 

Thanks for the update.

+100

_Schneller_Heinz_ #20 Posted Oct 29 2017 - 19:58

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1931 battles

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 28 2017 - 11:38, said:

Of all the maps... you choose Province? I mean... new-ish map I guess... but how about Hidden Village or Pearl River or Northwest. Those maps were actually good... just whatever you do dont bring back Komarin... that map was so campy...

EDIT: That being said... I like version 2, with the elevated caps...

Get ready for another camp fest on ProvinceSmile_sceptic.gif

In particular if wargaming considers this map for tier higher then 2.

PS. It seems wargaming's developers are more lost then the lost space cadet.

Edited by _Schneller_Heinz_, Oct 29 2017 - 20:02.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users