• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Finnegan_Gromyko #1 Posted Oct 30 2017 - 16:53

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9699 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

Hi all,

I was thrilled to find out this morning that WG is not only working on a new map based in Minsk, which you read about by CLICKING HERE, but is also testing out a new/old map based on the removed map Province.

For new players that map was a 'beginner map' for lower tiers, but was removed because .... who knows.

Now WG is testing out a much larger and improved version of Province on the RU server.

You can see the full story, images and three videos on my WoT Talk site by CLICKING HERE.

Da_Craw #2 Posted Oct 30 2017 - 17:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 22888 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostFinnegan_Gromyko, on Oct 30 2017 - 09:53, said:

Hi all,

I was thrilled to find out this morning that WG is not only working on a new map based in Minsk, which you read about by CLICKING HERE, but is also testing out a new/old map based on the removed map Province.

For new players that map was a 'beginner map' for lower tiers, but was removed because .... who knows.

Now WG is testing out a much larger and improved version of Province on the RU server.

You can see the full story, images and three videos on my WoT Talk site by CLICKING HERE.

Glad to see a rework of an old map.  Added maps will be a boon if they are actually good maps, not if they are like Paris.  Province was removed because the average game time was close to 3.78 hours on that map.

BattlecryGWJ #3 Posted Oct 30 2017 - 17:15

Major

• Players
  • 33358 battles
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD

View PostFinnegan_Gromyko, on Oct 30 2017 - 09:53, said:

Province was supposed to be fast action, but the cover around the edges of the bowl tended to make the map a campfest for vets, a slaughterhouse for newbies, and pretty much no fun for anyone who played it.

tod914 #4 Posted Oct 30 2017 - 17:50

Major

• Players
  • 51227 battles
  • [RDNKS] RDNKS

View PostBattlecryGWJ, on Oct 30 2017 - 11:15, said:

Province was supposed to be fast action, but the cover around the edges of the bowl tended to make the map a campfest for vets, a slaughterhouse for newbies, and pretty much no fun for anyone who played it.

I found that to be a very enjoyable map as a new player.  One of favorites actually.  Was a challenge attempting to get up the roads.

An_old_slow_guy #5 Posted Oct 30 2017 - 17:54

Captain

• Players
  • 53631 battles
  • [ELVIS] ELVIS
Province was much better than the current Paris map, which is one of the worst WG has ever produced.  Would welcome a swap any day.

Sbourdon #6 Posted Oct 30 2017 - 18:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 21089 battles
  • [STRMD] STRMD
because  Province was not a great map so they removed it to make room for mittenguard a MUCH WORSE MAP

oldewolfe #7 Posted Oct 31 2017 - 23:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 12029 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

I loved Province in my Early Gaming....    The Hill was Great for Derp Practice, both into the Valley Floor or Across to the Far Side where the TD's Camped in the Trees....       Across the Other side, the Court Yard was also Good, but if you get Caught there it could be Over Fast....     

Funny, was just talking about this Map over the Past Week....     That and the Other Pulled Maps....       Hopefully this is a Sign they may be getting ready to Return.....

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users