• This topic is locked This topic is locked
482 replies to this topic

cnumartyr #41 Posted Nov 02 2017 - 19:12

Captain

• Players
  • 10899 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostShadora, on Nov 02 2017 - 13:07, said:

HD maps will add nothing to the game.  To believe it will without any basis to determine any effect at all the game will have is silly.  What market is the HD for?  The floundering NA market?  The RU and South American market where computers would have a hard time running the new graphics?  Who exactly are the HD maps for?

I work in the accounting field and when a company spends millions of dollars on something, you can bet there were several tests to determine who the market is for and what revenue might come of it.  I highly doubt anything like this was done.  IMO, the new HD maps were due to WG thinking the other tank game would stay around and compete with them in this department, but now that the other game is all but dead, this new change will have zero effect on anything.

Besides the initial curiosity when these changes take place, the server populations will continue to decrease due to other issues that still remain unresolved.  There is no reason to believe anything other than this will happen.  As time goes on, because it will take months after the HD patch to make more maps, more people will leave the game.

I will remind you of your prediction later on and also tell you my prediction and you can tell me who is right 3 months after the HD patch.  The server pops will see no long term boost and continue to decline if new maps (or old ones returned), MM, and RNG are not addressed.

If WG didn't see WoT as a service that is constantly evolving we'd already have WoT 2.  Reason being is graphics have advanced and progressed since the game was introduced.  Graphically?  It's stale and looks old.  The new maps will update the game and give them a good platform to move forward with.

Again, I don't think HD maps on their own will bring new players in.  The game is extremely harsh on new players, and I've had several friends leave.  Stock grinds, +2/-2 MM, and seal clubbers make the game unplayable to a lot of new players.

However, I am looking forward to HD Maps, because I enjoyed them on Sandbox and they look great. 

Shadora #42 Posted Nov 02 2017 - 19:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20587 battles
3 wins, 11 losses, same pattern of garbage teams, 1200 damage, better than average game in arty and a slaughter like all the others.  Very unfun gaming experience, cannot recommend this to anyone and no way I would pay money for this.  This game has no value in its current form.

Nunya_000 #43 Posted Nov 02 2017 - 19:19

Major

• Players
  • 20915 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostShadora, on Nov 02 2017 - 10:15, said:

3 wins, 11 losses, same pattern of garbage teams, 1200 damage, better than average game in arty and a slaughter like all the others.  Very unfun gaming experience, cannot recommend this to anyone and no way I would pay money for this.  This game has no value in its current form.

Of course it has value.  It apparently has some entertainment value for you or you would have move on and stopped playing a game that causes you so much anguish....well, unless you are a masochist.  Are you a masochist?

It also has some entertainment value for the rest of us.  Seeing you come to the forum on a daily basis to throw your little entitlement tantrums is hilarious.  It is like watching the 3 stooges with only one guy playing all parts.

Shadora #44 Posted Nov 02 2017 - 19:20

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20587 battles

Block Quote

Again, I don't think HD maps on their own will bring new players in.

It's OK to hedge your bet.  I understand, say things and then backtrack on what you said.  Perfectly understandable.  WG spent 3 years making HD maps no one asked for and spent millions of dollars while neglecting what players have been asking for for all that time and anyone has the nerve to ask what went wrong like it is a surprise.

Please define what market this HD map change will be for.  WG is a company that makes money with its business decisions.  Please inform me what market they made the maps for and describe how it will bring in additional revenue as if you were a manager there trying to sell this to the owners of the company.

It is very hard to do, but try.  Don't try, makes no difference because the HD maps will do zero but what I stated above in this post.

There is no money to be made on HD maps.  It is a black hole and waste of time.  Pretty maps don't make a game.  What makes a game is that the game itself is competitive, and WoTs is anything but that.

cnumartyr #45 Posted Nov 02 2017 - 19:20

Captain

• Players
  • 10899 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostNunya_000, on Nov 02 2017 - 13:19, said:

Of course it has value.  It apparently has some entertainment value for you or you would have move on and stopped playing a game that causes you so much anguish....well, unless you are a masochist.  Are you a masochist?

It also has some entertainment value for the rest of us.  Seeing you come to the forum on a daily basis to throw your little entitlement tantrums is hilarious.  It is like watching the 3 stooges with only one guy playing all parts.

+1.

It's fascinating to me that he still plays and gives us updates.

Shadora #46 Posted Nov 02 2017 - 19:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20587 battles

I can understand updating the game, but I can't understand taking 3 years to do it in a very volatile gaming market.  It makes zero sense.

I am waiting on your answer to the above questions.

Nunya_000 #47 Posted Nov 02 2017 - 19:23

Major

• Players
  • 20915 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postcnumartyr, on Nov 02 2017 - 10:20, said:

+1.

It's fascinating to me that he still plays and gives us updates.

He has been doing this ever since he had only 500 battles.  He even had another account with 3k battle....so over 20k battles played on a game that he claims is broken and no fun that he has played regularly for 2-1/2 years.  I think he just badly needs the attention.

the_Deadly_Bulb #48 Posted Nov 02 2017 - 19:23

Major

• Players
  • 20773 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostShadora, on Nov 02 2017 - 10:07, said:

HD maps will add nothing to the game.  To believe it will without any basis to determine any effect at all the game will have is silly.  What market is the HD for?  The floundering NA market?  The RU and South American market where computers would have a hard time running the new graphics?  Who exactly are the HD maps for?

I work in the accounting field and when a company spends millions of dollars on something, you can bet there were several tests to determine who the market is for and what revenue might come of it.  I highly doubt anything like this was done.  IMO, the new HD maps were due to WG thinking the other tank game would stay around and compete with them in this department, but now that the other game is all but dead, this new change will have zero effect on anything.

Besides the initial curiosity when these changes take place, the server populations will continue to decrease due to other issues that still remain unresolved.  There is no reason to believe anything other than this will happen.  As time goes on, because it will take months after the HD patch to make more maps, more people will leave the game.

I will remind you of your prediction later on and also tell you my prediction and you can tell me who is right 3 months after the HD patch.  The server pops will see no long term boost and continue to decline if new maps (or old ones returned), MM, and RNG are not addressed.

It declining because its a 7 year old game in an age where anything passed 3 years is considered yesterdays whatever.

If this is too tough to get your head wrapped around then so be it.

Diablo II was an intensely popular game. Go check the servers now.

Honestly the entitled BS that comes from some people on the forum, believing their idea is spot on simply because they think it is astounding.

Shadora, your prediction that as time continues to march on WoT will continue to drop in server population isn't a prediction, its simply a self fulfilling prophesy that is a result of the obvious. It will occur no matter what WG does and is already well underway. Players have had more than enough opportunity to play the game and decide if they enjoy it or not. Many don't, so they left. Not everyone is as willing as yourself to play a game they hate/feel is rigged. Most sensible players just move on when confronted with a game they don't enjoy. The ones that do enjoy it stay and play. They will until the servers are shut off.

The day after the servers shut off the sun will still rise and the world and reality will still be here. All that will be gone is the conspiratorial whiners and soon after this forum.

cnumartyr #49 Posted Nov 02 2017 - 19:25

Captain

• Players
  • 10899 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostShadora, on Nov 02 2017 - 13:20, said:

It's OK to hedge your bet.  I understand, say things and then backtrack on what you said.  Perfectly understandable.  WG spent 3 years making HD maps no one asked for and spent millions of dollars while neglecting what players have been asking for for all that time and anyone has the nerve to ask what went wrong like it is a surprise.

Please define what market this HD map change will be for.  WG is a company that makes money with its business decisions.  Please inform me what market they made the maps for and describe how it will bring in additional revenue as if you were a manager there trying to sell this to the owners of the company.

It is very hard to do, but try.  Don't try, makes no difference because the HD maps will do zero but what I stated above in this post.

There is no money to be made on HD maps.  It is a black hole and waste of time.  Pretty maps don't make a game.  What makes a game is that the game itself is competitive, and WoTs is anything but that.

Let me know where I said HD maps on their own will bring back players.

"HD maps, upgraded graphics, and an easier introduction for new players will revitalize the game."

HD maps and updated graphics do actually matter to some players.  As I said, I'll enjoy them.  I'm sorry you don't enjoy the current iteration of the game, and will never understand why you continue to put so much time into it.  HD maps and upgraded graphics will entice some people to play it.  It will bring in new blood (that Crysis crowd that cares about graphics).  But they won't stay with the current roadblocks to new players grinding.

Edit:

Actually one of my friends that began playing the game talked about how stale and old the game looked.  That has to change.

Edited by cnumartyr, Nov 02 2017 - 19:26.

Tolos #50 Posted Nov 02 2017 - 19:26

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostShadora, on Nov 02 2017 - 18:15, said:

Then quit. Honestly, just quit. You dont like the game, you say its always rigged against you. Just quit, only an idiot would carry on playing if they felt like you. 

Nunya_000 #51 Posted Nov 02 2017 - 19:30

Major

• Players
  • 20915 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostTolos, on Nov 02 2017 - 10:26, said:

.....only an idiot would carry on playing if they felt like you. 

Hmmmmm.......

I'm thinking he might be one of the last 3 people playing AW and he is trying to get other to quit WOT and convert because he is lonely.....very lonely.

the_Deadly_Bulb #52 Posted Nov 02 2017 - 19:30

Major

• Players
  • 20773 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostTolos, on Nov 02 2017 - 10:26, said:

Then quit. Honestly, just quit. You dont like the game, you say its always rigged against you. Just quit, only an idiot would carry on playing if they felt like you.

Or perhaps an accountant? :trollface:

Shadora #53 Posted Nov 02 2017 - 19:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20587 battles
3 wins, 13 losses, all the same type of games.  You enter the game and 30 seconds later your teammates start dying and by the time you look up its 0-5 and you have lost.  you bounce, they always pen.  The game is nothing more than predetermined gaming.  I see it for what it is and I guess I have to accept that this is an unplayable, skill less game, and I do.

cnumartyr #54 Posted Nov 02 2017 - 19:40

Captain

• Players
  • 10899 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostShadora, on Nov 02 2017 - 13:35, said:

3 wins, 13 losses, all the same type of games.  You enter the game and 30 seconds later your teammates start dying and by the time you look up its 0-5 and you have lost.  you bounce, they always pen.  The game is nothing more than predetermined gaming.  I see it for what it is and I guess I have to accept that this is an unplayable, skill less game, and I do.

And yet...

Lets assume the average battle length is 2 minutes.  Since most of your games are blowouts.  You started complaining at 500 battles and have 3k on another account.  Roughly 20k battles.

You've literally spent nearly a month of real time playing this game.   Over 600 hours.  In an "unplayable" "rigged" game that you don't enjoy.

Just stop.  You average almost an hour every day.  For two years.

Tolos #55 Posted Nov 02 2017 - 19:43

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostTolos, on Nov 02 2017 - 18:26, said:

View PostShadora, on Nov 02 2017 - 18:35, said:

Proving my point I think....

the_Deadly_Bulb #56 Posted Nov 02 2017 - 19:44

Major

• Players
  • 20773 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostShadora, on Nov 02 2017 - 10:35, said:

Wow, do you ever suck!

I mean all you do is trot out these fail numbers of yours. How do you get your 50% WR stats anyway?

I haven't been more than 1 game off 50% WR any night for the last week. Last night 26 games 50% WR. Never more than 2 losses in a row.

How is it that the same MM is sh*tting on you so hard it makes you actually come here to air out your crapped in pants, yet providing me with a 50% WR?

Same MM, same players, on the same server.

It MUST be you.

Shadora #57 Posted Nov 02 2017 - 19:58

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20587 battles
Wonder when the question I asked will get answered.  Who exactly is the HD maps update for and how will it equate to additional revenue.  Someone said it was a great idea and that is would bring in tons of people.  I really wish they would quantify their response, but so far, crickets, nothing.

cnumartyr #58 Posted Nov 02 2017 - 20:00

Captain

• Players
  • 10899 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View Postcnumartyr, on Nov 02 2017 - 13:25, said:

Let me know where I said HD maps on their own will bring back players.

"HD maps, upgraded graphics, and an easier introduction for new players will revitalize the game."

HD maps and updated graphics do actually matter to some players.  As I said, I'll enjoy them.  I'm sorry you don't enjoy the current iteration of the game, and will never understand why you continue to put so much time into it.  HD maps and upgraded graphics will entice some people to play it.  It will bring in new blood (that Crysis crowd that cares about graphics).  But they won't stay with the current roadblocks to new players grinding.

Edit:

Actually one of my friends that began playing the game talked about how stale and old the game looked.  That has to change.

View PostShadora, on Nov 02 2017 - 13:58, said:

Wonder when the question I asked will get answered.  Who exactly is the HD maps update for and how will it equate to additional revenue.  Someone said it was a great idea and that is would bring in tons of people.  I really wish they would quantify their response, but so far, crickets, nothing.

Did you miss the post?

lightball20 #59 Posted Nov 02 2017 - 20:35

Major

• Players
  • 27519 battles
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO

I am going to confirm this game is rigged.

I am doing good(for me) and having fun so obviously the game is rigged for me to win and have fun. Its confirmed /thread

Nunya_000 #60 Posted Nov 02 2017 - 20:43

Major

• Players
  • 20915 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postlightball20, on Nov 02 2017 - 11:35, said:

I am going to confirm this game is rigged.

I am doing good(for me) and having fun so obviously the game is rigged for me to win and have fun. Its confirmed /thread

So, are you saying that camping trip with SerB paid off?  :trollface:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users