All Mods Need Banned

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

INTENSS187 #1 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 16:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10052 battles
IMO Mods should not be allowed period, close up the code and just ban on the spot anyone using them. You know people are using mods that are currently not permitted yet you cant prove it in any way. Example: Just left a round in my e25, crew trained almost fully with concealment at 100%, camo net, as well as camo. 820 concealment rating, yet I'm on the edge of the map at LEAST 450m, in a bush and behind a second bush, I get spotted by a T71 that is well beyond his view range (assuming it was maxed). With my concealment rating and if he was maxed out, he would still need to be within at least 275 give or take. Yet he spots me somehow, yes I know it was him the only other tanks left non his side were 2 arty, a td (which was further off than him), and a heavy which was no where near me. I'm complaining he spotted me I just feel he had some "Assistance" in doing it. Grinding is already a pain in the [edited], then you add in [edited]bags using banned mods just makes it worse. I'm not posting a replay just ranting on about. YES I know the mechanics, I was in a bush as well as behind a secondary bush, I'll respond now to remarks regarding my stats with "Predictable" so dont waste your time typing. I did not die, in fact I killed him, we won the game, all is well in the world. I just feel mods need to go. His actions didnt have much baring on this match but what about all the other rounds he plays?. Rant Over.

ChunkySquirrel #2 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 16:11

Major

• Players
  • 8328 battles
  • [ICBMT] ICBMT

View PostINTENSS187, on Nov 01 2017 - 10:07, said:

IMO Mods should not be allowed period, close up the code and just ban on the spot anyone using them. You know people are using mods that are currently not permitted yet you cant prove it in any way. Example: Just left a round in my e25, crew trained almost fully with concealment at 100%, camo net, as well as camo. 820 concealment rating, yet I'm on the edge of the map at LEAST 450m, in a bush and behind a second bush, I get spotted by a T71 that is well beyond his view range (assuming it was maxed). With my concealment rating and if he was maxed out, he would still need to be within at least 275 give or take. Yet he spots me somehow, yes I know it was him the only other tanks left non his side were 2 arty, a td (which was further off than him), and a heavy which was no where near me. I'm complaining he spotted me I just feel he had some "Assistance" in doing it. Grinding is already a pain in the [edited], then you add in [edited]bags using banned mods just makes it worse. I'm not posting a replay just ranting on about. YES I know the mechanics, I was in a bush as well as behind a secondary bush, I'll respond now to remarks regarding my stats with "Predictable" so dont waste your time typing. I did not die, in fact I killed him, we won the game, all is well in the world. I just feel mods need to go. His actions didnt have much baring on this match but what about all the other rounds he plays?. Rant Over.

Sounds like you need a can of but hurt.

BattlecryGWJ #3 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 16:11

Major

• Players
  • 35331 battles
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD
If you want to play a game without mods, then you should be playing on a console.

RedBaronK #4 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 16:13

Major

• Players
  • 41120 battles
  • [MAIDS] MAIDS
Replay or it didn't happen. Period. 

dont_ping_me #5 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 16:15

Major

• Players
  • 80791 battles

1) I'm pretty sure no mod/hack/cheat is available that can do this.

2) It would be helpful if you could post a replay.

3) Mods should definitely be severely restricted to prevent cheating, but mods in any game is generally a good thing. People should be able to customize their experience. For example, I could not live without the crew return feature that XVM provides.

4) I think there is a spotting bug in the current game. I have seen this, and somebody recently posted a video of some very odd spotting behavior. Maybe this explains what happened.

Buttknuckle #6 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 16:15

Major

• Players
  • 49182 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
I wouldn't mind if they removed all mods. If for no other reason than that I am curious at what sort of excuses people would come up with to demonstrate their lack of understanding of game mechanics, or what to blame when they get out played.

SuperTankDriver #7 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 16:16

Major

• Players
  • 20814 battles

Nice rant OP.

Except mods can't change his view range. If he were to hack the game to increae T71's view range to something like 600m, then every T71 on the server would have  600m viewrange.

Mods have nothing to do with this one.

Also, post the replay or GTFO.

Nunya_000 #8 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 16:18

Major

• Players
  • 21111 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostINTENSS187, on Nov 01 2017 - 07:07, said:

No mod can increase view range or allow another tank to spot you outside of the spotting mechanics.  Find a different excuse, as this one does not hold water.

Drone157 #9 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 16:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21499 battles
  • [GBOTS] GBOTS

Give a replay, I’ll tell you how he spottted you. Have you seen a tank fly? Shoot with an insanely faster reload then possible? Block all damage from every angle? Light the entire map from spawn?

No. Mods CANNOT change these parameters, if they could we would have proof of it by now. They just provide information, most of which the vanilla client now provides(COPIED from the mods) Yes some of them are like cheating, the invisible hulls and gun lasers are pretty much cheating. But none of them would help that T71 Spot you.

Plays_With_Matches #10 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 16:18

Major

• Players
  • 29217 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

All too often this sort of thing ends up being a hole in the bush you were camped in or (more likely) another scout who was much closer and unspotted was the one spotting you. I am often surprised at how far off some people are when I spot them.

These kind of posts are always amusing because people always assume it was "so and so" who spotted them when they really have no idea which enemy did the spotting. As far as I know the game doesn't tell you who you were spotted by.

Edited by Plays_With_Matches, Nov 01 2017 - 16:21.

the_dude_76 #11 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 16:20

Major

• Players
  • 33105 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

A- How could you possibly know who on the enemy team spotted you???

B- Why is it only sub 500 players who seem to have trouble with "illegal" mods???

_Tsavo_ #12 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 16:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44477 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

Mods, no matter how illegal, cannot change tank statistics, alter crews skills, alter view range, camo values, shot penetration, shot damage, etc.

This is just a case of being unaware.

RedBaronK #13 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 16:29

Major

• Players
  • 41120 battles
  • [MAIDS] MAIDS

View Post_Tsavo, on Nov 01 2017 - 15:21, said:

Mods, no matter how illegal, cannot change tank statistics, alter crews skills, alter view range, camo values, shot penetration, shot damage, etc.

This is just a case of being unaware.

I'm thinking maybe the OP meant illegal mods/hacks, but is too stupid to realize and grouped up all mods as being bad? 

INTENSS187 #14 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 16:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10052 battles

View Post_ErwinRommel__, on Nov 01 2017 - 16:11, said:

Sounds like you need a can of but hurt.

Typical response from someone with 0 brains, understanding of the English language, and a nose up WG [edited].

_Schneller_Heinz_ #15 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 16:30

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3472 battles

View PostINTENSS187, on Nov 01 2017 - 16:07, said:

Get one of these for your pain.

PS. Instead of whining on the Forum pick up the pace and carry.

Edited by _Schneller_Heinz_, Nov 01 2017 - 16:32.

GeorgePreddy #16 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 16:30

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles

View PostLesser_Spotted_Panzer, on Nov 01 2017 - 12:15, said:

1) I'm pretty sure no mod/hack/cheat is available that can do this.

2) It would be helpful if you could post a replay.

Yes... both of the above are definitely pertinent in this case because... what OP described is (excuse my French) horse puckey.

There are zero mods that affect either camo mechanics or view/spotting mechanics as all that info is serverside.

ChunkySquirrel #17 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 16:32

Major

• Players
  • 8328 battles
  • [ICBMT] ICBMT

View PostINTENSS187, on Nov 01 2017 - 10:29, said:

Typical response from someone with 0 brains, understanding of the English language, and a nose up WG [edited].

​Typical Response of todays Incompetent Daily Human Interaction to insult and assume. Nice try

the_dude_76 #18 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 16:33

Major

• Players
  • 33105 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostINTENSS187, on Nov 01 2017 - 15:29, said:

someone with 0 brains, understanding of the English language, 

Huh, that was what I was thinking when I read your OP.....

GeorgePreddy #19 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 16:34

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles

View PostButtknuckle, on Nov 01 2017 - 12:15, said:

I wouldn't mind if they removed all mods. If for no other reason than that I am curious at what sort of excuses people would come up with to demonstrate their lack of understanding of game mechanics, or what to blame when they get out played.

They would simply continue to blame hax and anything/everything but their own ineptitude.

Silversound #20 Posted Nov 01 2017 - 16:34

Major

• Players
  • 38784 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

Wow .. OP, you are about to feel much worse.

Coming here with this was a major mistake.

Enjoy our beatdown. lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users