Jump to content


Thanksgiving Missions


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Layoric #1 Posted Nov 03 2017 - 17:44

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 15990 battles
  • 64
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

This is the first time I decided to really look into these types of missions. I see them all the time and they always seem like they are very difficult or you need to spend a crap load of time I don't have on them to complete. Once I figured out the new missions interface, which I really like, the objectives seem more clear, but I still wonder about some of the requirements.

 

So the T34B I started on yesterday and already completed both that mission and today's. Pretty reasonable requests but when looking at the Schwarzpanzer 58 is nuts. They want 15k, 17k, 18k damage requirements, etc. The T34 B and IS-6 B seem more obtainable at first glance.

 

Is this because the Schwarzpanzer 58 is that much better?



Gothraul #2 Posted Nov 03 2017 - 17:52

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 1526 battles
  • 3,085
  • Member since:
    11-17-2014
The Butz is Worth it over using the Turdpanther 88 by far, as for the others they are actually pretty bad in their current state and require the right players to do well so they are much easier to get. The Butz missions are already encouraging high tier spam but at this stage not really a bad thing, going to do all three then slack off the rest of the month doing only the bare minimum for thank rewards and death star grind.

GaussDeath #3 Posted Nov 03 2017 - 17:54

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 51269 battles
  • 804
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostLayoric, on Nov 03 2017 - 09:44, said:

This is the first time I decided to really look into these types of missions. I see them all the time and they always seem like they are very difficult or you need to spend a crap load of time I don't have on them to complete. Once I figured out the new missions interface, which I really like, the objectives seem more clear, but I still wonder about some of the requirements.

 

So the T34B I started on yesterday and already completed both that mission and today's. Pretty reasonable requests but when looking at the Schwarzpanzer 58 is nuts. They want 15k, 17k, 18k damage requirements, etc. The T34 B and IS-6 B seem more obtainable at first glance.

 

Is this because the Schwarzpanzer 58 is that much better?

 

The 58 is actually the easier one for many to get. 
For example, the 15th day needs 42.5k damage. Assuming 2k per battle (a low number at tier 10) that is 21.25 battles. 
Now, day 15 of the other two missions require 18 wins each. Assuming a 50% win rate that means 36 battles each. Significantly more battles.  

 

Note: you only need to complete 15days. I don't plan on doing days 16-20 of the Mutz. I may be doing days 16 and 18 of the other two, if I need to. 



RushingJaws #4 Posted Nov 03 2017 - 17:55

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13581 battles
  • 1,121
  • [NICO] NICO
  • Member since:
    10-18-2012

In short, yes.

 

Damage is actually the easiest thing to do in the game, as it relies only on you. The later T34 "B" and IS-6 "B" missions that rely on number of wins will prove to be more irritating.



Canadian_Reaper #5 Posted Nov 03 2017 - 17:56

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 19008 battles
  • 605
  • Member since:
    12-30-2014

IMO the 58 is the best of them, but it's a little less straight forward than that.

For the 58,the 15th mission (as an example) is do 42.5K damage, which I can probably do in 12-13 games (play T10's) ,maybe 10 if I get on a good steak, can't really see it taking me more than 16 or so at the absolute worst. (Of course now that I've said that..) 

By comparison, the T34 and IS6 missions are win 18 games..  this could easily take 30 games.

 



Silversound #6 Posted Nov 03 2017 - 17:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 35444 battles
  • 3,049
  • [GUNS] GUNS
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

Remember some of the first missions required damage AND wins.

That's why a lot of people never looked at them twice.

 

But so far these missions are really easy.

Just play the game and don't suck.



Layoric #7 Posted Nov 03 2017 - 18:11

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 15990 battles
  • 64
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

That really sucks because I want the Schwarzpanzer 58 but I only have 3 vehicles that work for the mission, Tiger II, Pz.Sfl. IVc and the Strv 74

I'm working on the T34 B because I've got a bunch of vehicles to choose from including 1 Tier IX, the IS-6 B is something I'd like as well but I only have the MT-25, T-34 and T-34-85M to choose from.

 

Slim pickings, I need to get more tanks



Goat_Rodeo #8 Posted Nov 03 2017 - 18:18

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 9261 battles
  • 360
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014
All the missions thus far are pretty easy. Some say the Putz is the harder of the 3. But TBH so far it’s the opposite. Harvesting damage is easy as pie, while trying to complete the win 2 is like being lowered legs first into an effing wood chipper with the current herd of deep red lemmings. 

OldFrog75 #9 Posted Nov 03 2017 - 19:07

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 7765 battles
  • 1,823
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    02-23-2017

View PostGaussDeath, on Nov 03 2017 - 17:54, said:

 

The 58 is actually the easier one for many to get. 
For example, the 15th day needs 42.5k damage. Assuming 2k per battle (a low number at tier 10) that is 21.25 battles. 
 

Yeah but try it at Tiers IV-VI.  Darn near impossible.  :(



LeeJDM #10 Posted Nov 03 2017 - 19:08

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 38552 battles
  • 33
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ
  • Member since:
    05-10-2014
Wg did a good job with this missions, i think i never saw so easy missions to win a tier VIII premium tank sinse i play this game, i think its better win this tank, than do on-track "250k xp" for win a tier III premium tank, i will try to win all of thems, and also you can fail 5 days! Thats very good ! Today i only spend 1h40m to do the 3 tanks daily mission.

RickPatton #11 Posted Nov 03 2017 - 19:49

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 27155 battles
  • 750
  • [ANV] ANV
  • Member since:
    03-13-2014

View PostCanadian_Reaper, on Nov 03 2017 - 06:56, said:

IMO the 58 is the best of them, but it's a little less straight forward than that.

For the 58,the 15th mission (as an example) is do 42.5K damage, which I can probably do in 12-13 games (play T10's) ,maybe 10 if I get on a good steak, can't really see it taking me more than 16 or so at the absolute worst. (Of course now that I've said that..) 

By comparison, the T34 and IS6 missions are win 18 games..  this could easily take 30 games.

 

 

"Streak"  Unless you mean you play better after eating a good steak?  :D

WinningWithWarchild #12 Posted Nov 03 2017 - 19:50

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 6819 battles
  • 638
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

View PostOldFrog75, on Nov 03 2017 - 12:07, said:

Yeah but try it at Tiers IV-VI.  Darn near impossible.  :(

 

It IS impossible.  Unless WoT's is all you do all dang day every day.

RickPatton #13 Posted Nov 03 2017 - 19:52

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 27155 battles
  • 750
  • [ANV] ANV
  • Member since:
    03-13-2014

For the T34 and IS6, map out the ones that is the easiest to reach 15.  I am going to try for all three.  For the 58, going to try to reach at least 10 then buy bonds if the price is reasonalble priced.  The other two are doable.  

GL everyone.


Edited by RickPatton, Nov 03 2017 - 19:53.


the_Deadly_Bulb #14 Posted Nov 03 2017 - 21:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 18378 battles
  • 2,146
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014
I did Day 1 of the Blutz mostly with my Blutz.

Layoric #15 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 16:34

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 15990 battles
  • 64
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

I'll end up buying the bonds too since I missed this weekend and I don't have time to do some of the more demanding missions. I can't play World of Tanks for that much time, work, home, etc. Too much going on to commit to that amount of game play.

I ended up doing that for the T-34-85M, I completed a bunch of those missions and was like 3 short, I think I paid $5 to get the tank and I got gold too.






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users