Tier 6 to 8 Global Map

Global Map tier 6 Tier 8 Clan Wars coming back

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Tier 6-8 Global Map Battles Be Brought Back? (39 members have cast votes)

Do you think that the tier 6 to 8 Global Map battles should be reinstated?

1. Yes (20 votes [48.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.78%

2. No (16 votes [39.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.02%

3. Not sure (3 votes [7.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.32%

4. I don't really care (2 votes [4.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

stonegoblin9 #1 Posted Nov 07 2017 - 01:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16159 battles
  • [SEA-M] SEA-M

Hello, I have been waiting for wargaming to reinstate the tier 6 and 8 global map battles and it appears with the release of the newest tier 10 only map {Operation Gambit} that I will be waiting for a while longer. I am creating this post because I don't see any other way to help potentially bring them back. I have also sent the wargaming staff emails encouraging them to bring back the map, and if you feel motivated to do the same I highly encourage it! Anyways, the point of this post is to get an idea of what you, the players, think about whether WG should bring the maps back or not. Please vote yes or no on this post and if you are inclined, feel free to put down your vote and a brief argument as to why you believe yes or no. Be aware that I would like you to avoid useless comments and stick to constructive arguments if possible. I will put my own thoughts on any responses as well.

stonegoblin9 #2 Posted Nov 07 2017 - 01:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16159 battles
  • [SEA-M] SEA-M

My argument as to why they should be brought back:

I believe that WG should bring back the tier 6 and 8 Global maps because they were still competitive and helped to increase activity in clans that can’t necessarily field 15 tier 10s every night. The maps provided the stepping stones to help other clans get into tier 10 Global maps. For a new clan to step into tier 10 is usually too much and most clans simply don’t even bother leading to drastically decreased activity in general.

To address WGs reason given:

This may not be the only reason but what I got out of the post in which Wg stated that they were removing the lower tiered Global maps was that they wanted to be able to give out higher payments to the tier 10 players. I don’t understand this reasoning since it is a virtual game not limited by physical resources to pay out more gold or other prizes would take the stroke of a key.

Explanations I have been given from other players:

Other players have started explaining to me their ideas about why WG would remove the tier 6 and 8 maps which I will add in below for your review and comments:

• that they believe that wargaming is too short staffed to run multiple Global Maps however I don’t believe this is the reason because most of it is automated correct?

• One other feasible explanation that I have heard is that Wargaming has started to lose it’s more active players due to the payouts not having enough draw for them to keep playing, and therefore they have made it a higher value for the time and effort that top players and clans put in. If this is the case it still does not explain why WG could not simply increase the payment for tier 10 and keep tier 6 and 8 how they are.

• Another possible theory that I have heard is that lower tier players don’t spend as much actual money as players at tier 10 do on gold and other in game goods which help to keep them at higher levels performance wise.This removal of the maps forces players up to tier 10 where they will most likely spend more money to get themselves up to par with the rest of the players.

• A third possibility is that WG simply feels that players are stagnating at tier 6 and 8 since it is easier than tier 10 and have become like monopolies with the alliances they form. And in removing the other maps they hope to have tier 10 matches become the end goal. If this is the case then there are many other ways to stop this, perhaps by placing limits on territories allowed in the lower tiers, of setting when the maps take place which would allow clans to participate in all tiers, or a multitude of other possibilities.

Redwave11 #3 Posted Nov 07 2017 - 01:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16809 battles
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U

View Poststonegoblin9, on Nov 07 2017 - 10:36, said:

*snip*

I don't think WG ever said they stopped tier 6 and 8 to increase payouts. It was because good clans had started camping on low tier maps to farm the baddies rather than moving to tier 10.

Personally i think clan wars should be tier 10 only, however i can see the need for some intermediate level gameplay.

Some solutions could be:

- Have tier 6 and 8 clan wars every second or third season so clans can get activity during those seasons and carry that into tier 10s. (Maybe 1 season 6,8 and 10. The next season 8 and 10 and then only tier 10.)

- Have only tier 10 clan wars but reduce the tank requirements. Maybe a season with 7v7 or 10v10, maybe even on the league attack/defense maps?

Edited by Redwave11, Nov 07 2017 - 01:49.

Open_Branch #4 Posted Nov 07 2017 - 02:38

Private

• Players
  • 14340 battles
  • [SEA-M] SEA-M
"Additionally, condensing the map to a single Tier X Front will allow us to give much larger rewards more frequently." https://worldoftanks...eason-6-rules/​

BigDollarBillz #5 Posted Nov 07 2017 - 02:41

Captain

• Players
  • 34447 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
CW should only be tier 10. If not why would anyone really want to grind past tier 6 or tier 8? If they do bring them back, there should not be any gold payout at tier 6 or 8.

BigDollarBillz #6 Posted Nov 07 2017 - 02:45

Captain

• Players
  • 34447 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
Also it isn't WG's job to recruit and fill up our clans with tier 10 players. Keeping players active is hard work. Running a clan can be a lot of work as well.

Hellsfog #7 Posted Nov 07 2017 - 02:53

Major

• Players
  • 31184 battles
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U

View PostRedwave11, on Nov 06 2017 - 19:48, said:

I don't think WG ever said they stopped tier 6 and 8 to increase payouts. It was because good clans had started camping on low tier maps to farm the baddies rather than moving to tier 10.

Personally i think clan wars should be tier 10 only, however i can see the need for some intermediate level gameplay.

Some solutions could be:

- Have tier 6 and 8 clan wars every second or third season so clans can get activity during those seasons and carry that into tier 10s. (Maybe 1 season 6,8 and 10. The next season 8 and 10 and then only tier 10.)

- Have only tier 10 clan wars but reduce the tank requirements. Maybe a season with 7v7 or 10v10, maybe even on the league attack/defense maps?

I don't like the 7v7 since, in theory, it should be preparing your clan for full on 15v15. I would rather see WG make the tier 10 map bigger with more lower value territories for up and coming clans.

Mojo_Riesing #8 Posted Nov 07 2017 - 02:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16094 battles
  • [R8DER] R8DER

I think the Tier VI and VIII Clan Wars (or a similar Clan Wars experience) have a necessary place in the game.  I don't know that they have to function in every way that Tier X does.

I think IF the issue of highly experienced Clans "farming" in the lower level battles is the issue, that is where the solution lies.  It's very obvious that most Clans these days have "Divisions" that operate at different levels of gameplay, and that's fine.  These multi-clan Clans Can have 200 + players and i'm not sure that was what the original WG thinking was.

I'd suggest some mathematical rating that restricts players in each Clan Wars Tier,....VI, VIII and X.  If not individually, the over all rating of that Clan could be used to confine them to either a single Tier, or alternatively to Tiers VI and VIII or Tiers VIII and X.  This last would allow the progressing player the option to move from one level of game play to the other.

Hellsfog #9 Posted Nov 07 2017 - 05:39

Major

• Players
  • 31184 battles
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U

View PostMojo_Riesing, on Nov 06 2017 - 20:58, said:

I think the Tier VI and VIII Clan Wars (or a similar Clan Wars experience) have a necessary place in the game.  I don't know that they have to function in every way that Tier X does.

I think IF the issue of highly experienced Clans "farming" in the lower level battles is the issue, that is where the solution lies.  It's very obvious that most Clans these days have "Divisions" that operate at different levels of gameplay, and that's fine.  These multi-clan Clans Can have 200 + players and i'm not sure that was what the original WG thinking was.

I'd suggest some mathematical rating that restricts players in each Clan Wars Tier,....VI, VIII and X.  If not individually, the over all rating of that Clan could be used to confine them to either a single Tier, or alternatively to Tiers VI and VIII or Tiers VIII and X.  This last would allow the progressing player the option to move from one level of game play to the other.

No they don't.  Tier 6/8 strongholds server any purpose the same tier CW may have served.  They don't get clans ready for tier 10 and clans tend to stagnate at those tiers out of inertia if nothing else.  

Open_Branch #10 Posted Nov 07 2017 - 22:51

Private

• Players
  • 14340 battles
  • [SEA-M] SEA-M

View PostHellsfog, on Nov 07 2017 - 05:39, said:

No they don't.  Tier 6/8 strongholds server any purpose the same tier CW may have served.  They don't get clans ready for tier 10 and clans tend to stagnate at those tiers out of inertia if nothing else.  

Yes they do. in my opinion, it makes the clan get excited to play and get better at tanks. now I know clans should field tier 10 players but a lot of the server cant. I think there should be a way that wargaming could stop a clan from just taking over a whole map. If it comes down to it wargaming could make it so the clan has to apply(i know they won't) but there needs to be something other than skirmish for growing clans to participate it that is not just for credits.

dominator_98 #11 Posted Nov 08 2017 - 00:43

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14076 battles
  • [SCRAM] SCRAM

I know the lack of t6 CW is what killed SCRAM. Not every clan wants to be able to field two teams of 15 every night. Some people just want to enjoy clan activities with their friends, and the 7v7 format is perfect for a small group of friends to have fun. Sure, there are tier 6 skirmishes, but those don't fill the gap for a number of reasons. Primarily, the daily commitment to defending a province or two kept people logging in every night. Also, it was fun to test out the strategy for a specific map/base until it was perfected, which is something you can't do in skirmishes. 

The primary problem with t6 was that big clans of good players (Here's to you -TDU- and 5D and I'm sure the many others I don't recall) would just sit there and farm gold on the map. This could be fixed in a lot of ways.

I think it would be fine if they added the t6 global map back, ideally with the following changes:

1. No clan can hold more than X pieces of ground on the map at once (my vote is 4-6) This would keep big clans from being able to earn anything significant by the time it was divided by their playerbase.

2. WG could change the payout to industrial resource, credits, free xp, etc to discourage the top clans from farming tier 6. My ideal vote would be for industrial resource (500 per province?) because none of the clans that should be participating on the t6 map should have level 10 strongholds. It also would keep good players from playing it because there is no personal payout for them.

These changes would bring back the fun for small clans, while discouraging top clans from farming.

As a final note, who cares if a clan stagnates at tier 6? It's not your clan and nobody's asking you to be a part of it. If they're having fun playing this game together, they should be allowed to do so.

Mojo_Riesing #12 Posted Nov 08 2017 - 02:10

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16094 battles
  • [R8DER] R8DER

View PostHellsfog, on Nov 06 2017 - 20:39, said:

Sometimes i think folks just don't read.  I think i left enough room for there to be a distinction between how the various Tiers would work.  Tier X snobbery aside, there isn't any reason why the Tiered Clan Wars battle system can't work like say...baseball major leagues and farm teams.  I agree they don't work that way now...but they COULD if built that way and the players geared for higher tiers...were kept OUT.

I'd suggest WG poll member interest in changes like this or others that could evoke interest in organized play.

I'd also suggest Tier VI have 10 tank battles.  One of the problems in Tier VI was you'd get a gang of 5 to 7 Cromwells and that was it.  Playing other tanks or classes became problematic.  Being able to field 1 artillery and possible TD's would help prepare for later Tiers.

dexatrin82 #13 Posted Nov 08 2017 - 18:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17499 battles
  • [AR-PA] AR-PA

View PostHellsfog, on Nov 07 2017 - 05:39, said:

^^^ This is why we need downvotes ^^^

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users