Invisible dissappear

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Panzerama #1 Posted Nov 09 2017 - 02:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19480 battles
  • [M_L_I] M_L_I

I've heard people complain about an invisible cheat lately and I did notice something in two different games. 

One time it was with an arty and I was in one too. The other arty disappeared but I know he was still in game as he would hit / stun tanks I was shooting (he was only other arty so can likely only be the other arty hitting / stunning an enemy tank in the open with no other tanks around.  One minute he's there and the next gone, his marker on the minimap said he was right beside me and I could hear his gun firing and drove all over to see if I could run into him but no luck.  It could be he was moving slightly to avoid counter arty though so I could not ram locate him.  I noticed the mini-map indicator turn from it's usual graphic to a round dot.

The other time was in arty again and their were two tanks TD's that disappeared.  The tell tale sign for me to check was the mini-map symbol turned into a round dot instead of  the usual TD symbol.  They became visible again though and did not disappear for the whole game.

Is this a bug in the game, my game files or a cheat?  I don't think it's a cheat as the tanks did not appear to benefit from being invisible at time of disappearing.

amerikafka #2 Posted Nov 09 2017 - 02:54

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10522 battles

Check your radio range - chances are, a short range is your issue.

Buttknuckle #3 Posted Nov 09 2017 - 02:58

Captain

• Players
  • 40583 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
Strange. Were these round dots moving around? Round dots on mini map is for dead tanks. Would have expected you to see a dead tank hull though. My first suspicion is you've got a mod going funky that's removing dead tank hulls. Do you use mods? White dead tank mod (or similar) acting weird could be the issue.

__Arc__ #4 Posted Nov 09 2017 - 03:04

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27172 battles
  • [191] 191

An invisible cheat, huh? You're aware this game is largely server-sided, right?

It could be a glitch from, say, corrupted game files in an update. Perhaps you could need to update your graphics drivers.

"Invisible cheat" is an absurd thing to say about a server-sided game.

Drone157 #5 Posted Nov 09 2017 - 03:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 18985 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM

Replay? Can't help any without seeing the actual game.

Manimal__ #6 Posted Nov 09 2017 - 03:06

Major

• Players
  • 36601 battles

View Post__Arc__, on Nov 08 2017 - 18:04, said:

An invisible cheat, huh? You're aware this game is largely server-sided, right?

It could be a glitch from, say, corrupted game files in an update. Perhaps you could need to update your graphics drivers.

"Invisible cheat" is an absurd thing to say about a server-sided game.

Nah bro, invisible cheats exist. Every time I'm spotted I have invisible tanks shooting me. This happens all the time!

xrays_ #7 Posted Nov 09 2017 - 03:20

Major

• Players
  • 43036 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

I had a similar experience last week where I was one of two players left alive on my team (myself in artillery), and I watched as the enemy circled the other ally (no more than 400m from my position) yet his/her tank was not visible to me. It's obviously a rendering glitch, but I've seen it more than once, and only in the past two months or so. And I've seen allies not appearing on the mini map as well. Great programming, WarGaming!

x.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users