• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Mad_Dog_Seabee #1 Posted Nov 10 2017 - 10:01

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9530 battles
  • [-RG--] -RG--

What's the point?

I feel like I should stay in tier VII and never proceed further than that. Tier VIII - X cost far too many credits to play for fun. Without a premium account, you cannot even play tier VII. I have the Obj 416 and Caern, I had a credit booster active with my premium account and you know what happened on a victory? I lost 9K credits.... I didn't even fire APCR, I mean I did like 200 damage because I cannot pen anyone with a tier VI gun on the Caern.

Stop buffing and rebalancing Tier X, it's fine as in for the time being. Please change the Tier VIII preferred match-making, I am tired of bottom tier and mid tier matches where I am completely useless to my team.

This has gone on long enough.

Wargaming, did your customer base piss you off recently? Have we wronged you in some way? Is our criticism no longer feeling like honest testing and becoming sarcastic ranting?

If you're no longer content with changing the tanks we are actually complaining about, then just drop the charade and be honest about it. Stop working in the shadows, stop putting out polls you ignore the results of, stop asking for feedback you fail to actually use, be honest with us, that is all I ask.

These recent changes to the tank lines were to tanks that didn't have any real issues. You completely ignored tier VIII when buffing tanks. It feels as if you want to punish the player-base with an obstacle worse than soloing the Leviathan before we get to tier IX.'

TL;DR: Tier VIII and beyond just isn't worth it anymore. Even with premium accounts an d credit boosters, you still lose credits. It's just not worth it.

MrKrubs #2 Posted Nov 10 2017 - 10:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18578 battles

View PostMad_Dog_Seabee, on Nov 10 2017 - 01:01, said:

TL;DR: Tier VIII and beyond just isn't worth it anymore. Even with premium accounts an d credit boosters, you still lose credits. It's just not worth it.

I run a premium account but hardly ever run credit boosters and i manage to make a profit without much trouble. Even in my 121 when I run food i manage to make a healthy profit. I'll agree that tier 8 isn't as good anymore but tier 9 and 10 are still great, not hard to earn credits when you know how to play. 

lordawesome7 #3 Posted Nov 10 2017 - 10:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20818 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

then get better with low tiers

the only reasonable way you're expected to make profit in high tiers is by doing well and 200 dmg even in tier 6+ is pretty awful and repair cost only go up with each tier so you have to perform better to compensate

tier 8+ is the meat of the game but it has a much higher skill ceiling you need to reach to do well, let alone make profit in

improve you're game to were you're light blue and then go up the ladder

Bob_5000 #4 Posted Nov 10 2017 - 10:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 30233 battles
  • [RS] RS
pretty much has always been like that. but unless u are really good and not running food, u will likely loose credits. But makes sense as a business model to keep needing to grind credits, despite being satisfied with the tier 10s you have. How to grind credits? premium time plus premium tanks! Simple as that. And its funny they were so willing to add the either 3-5-7 or 5-10 tiering into mm when they cant balance other aspects. Like the common, one team has an arty, the other doesnt. 

Marco_Paulo #5 Posted Nov 10 2017 - 10:38

Captain

• Players
  • 25846 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE
If you can't break even playing tier 8 without premium then you aren't ready for tier 8

Demonic_Angel_of_Death #6 Posted Nov 10 2017 - 10:56

Major

• Players
  • 2142 battles
  • [DEMON] DEMON

I actually make a good amount of credits playing Tier 8... Premiums...

But I also make some dough playing Tier 9... Without spamming gold because I know how to aim...

Tier 10... I drive five feet and lose twenty grand...

Xeraux #7 Posted Nov 10 2017 - 10:59

Major

• Players
  • 18964 battles

I enjoy tier 8, 9, and 10, and I play without premium account, and often without credit boosters.

The reason I enjoy those tiers is that they have unique tanks in them that you can't play at tier 7 and below.

Playing big tanks is also really fun, and the main reason I started grinding WOT 5.5 years ago.

Plus I want to mark big tanks, but WG's put a hold on that for now...

Sarge127 #8 Posted Nov 10 2017 - 11:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7994 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR
You used to make credits but not anymore it seems. xD

Lucudus58 #9 Posted Nov 10 2017 - 12:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15766 battles
  • [ICB] ICB

View PostMad_Dog_Seabee, on Nov 10 2017 - 10:01, said:

What's the point?

I feel like I should stay in tier VII and never proceed further than that. Tier VIII - X cost far too many credits to play for fun. Without a premium account, you cannot even play tier VII. I have the Obj 416 and Caern, I had a credit booster active with my premium account and you know what happened on a victory? I lost 9K credits.... I didn't even fire APCR, I mean I did like 200 damage because I cannot pen anyone with a tier VI gun on the Caern.

Stop buffing and rebalancing Tier X, it's fine as in for the time being. Please change the Tier VIII preferred match-making, I am tired of bottom tier and mid tier matches where I am completely useless to my team.

This has gone on long enough.

Wargaming, did your customer base piss you off recently? Have we wronged you in some way? Is our criticism no longer feeling like honest testing and becoming sarcastic ranting?

If you're no longer content with changing the tanks we are actually complaining about, then just drop the charade and be honest about it. Stop working in the shadows, stop putting out polls you ignore the results of, stop asking for feedback you fail to actually use, be honest with us, that is all I ask.

These recent changes to the tank lines were to tanks that didn't have any real issues. You completely ignored tier VIII when buffing tanks. It feels as if you want to punish the player-base with an obstacle worse than soloing the Leviathan before we get to tier IX.'

You hit this out of the Park but those will comeback and say no that everything is just fine.They are only kidding themselves and the number of players that have left backup what you have said here.Even with a Premium account it has gone down to what it used to be.You can win a match and have over a thousand in damage now and lose allot of credits.

Lucudus58 #10 Posted Nov 10 2017 - 12:20

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15766 battles
  • [ICB] ICB

View PostDemonic_Angel_of_Death, on Nov 10 2017 - 10:56, said:

I actually make a good amount of credits playing Tier 8... Premiums...

But I also make some dough playing Tier 9... Without spamming gold because I know how to aim...

Tier 10... I drive five feet and lose twenty grand...

Of course you do and have you every lost credits playing tier 9 and tier 10s and if you say no then you are lying.

Mad_Dog_Seabee #11 Posted Nov 10 2017 - 13:12

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9530 battles
  • [-RG--] -RG--
The only tier I pull a decent profit in, is Tier VII. I can easily pull in credits int the O-Ni and VK 45.03 but that is because the former has a 5 perk crew and the latter is a premium tank.

Korperal #12 Posted Nov 10 2017 - 19:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7853 battles

It doesn't help that every game you play in a tier 8 tank is a tier 10 match. Every game I played today was tier 10. . why? Why do I have to be at the bottom every game? I understand a few games but it get's really frustrating after a while. Not sure why every MM change has to have huge trade offs. "Ok we will make the teams more balanced but hey tier 8's will never see top tier again"

Like you said, no point even playing past tier 7.

Mudman24 #13 Posted Nov 10 2017 - 19:17

Major

• Players
  • 36166 battles
I’ve been enjoying tier 8-10 a lot lately and break even without a premium account. If you can’t break even at high tiers then you aren’t doing enough damage.

Dogsoldier6 #14 Posted Nov 10 2017 - 19:50

Major

• Players
  • 53220 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostLucudus58, on Nov 10 2017 - 12:19, said:

You hit this out of the Park but those will comeback and say no that everything is just fine.They are only kidding themselves and the number of players that have left backup what you have said here.Even with a Premium account it has gone down to what it used to be.You can win a match and have over a thousand in damage now and lose allot of credits.

View PostLucudus58, on Nov 10 2017 - 12:20, said:

Of course you do and have you every lost credits playing tier 9 and tier 10s and if you say no then you are lying.

With your base stats you probably lose credits at tier 5 with a premium account.

ArcticTankHunter #15 Posted Nov 10 2017 - 20:52

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8059 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V

This is why we need T8 GB. There are way too many T8 in the game due to all the premuim tanks.

http://forum.worldof...battle-for-t8s/

ArcticTankHunter #16 Posted Nov 10 2017 - 21:03

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8059 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V
They should've given Caernavon 20 pdr as stock instead of 17pdr. It would make more sense than just removing the 20 pdr.

Rocksuperstar #17 Posted Nov 11 2017 - 06:11

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 9105 battles

It's easy to make credits in the ISU152 & Obj 704, but has to be a victory and you can't fire any shells.

When you smoke four tanks, do over 4k/5k damage, spread over six or seven enemy, and survive, but the team lose then you're looking at a pretty hefty bill for your hard work.  I'd not be so bummed about it but I'm not a great player and have been working hard to improve, so when I do get a hot streak on it's soul mangling to watch your team dissolve and know that you're getting punished more for your big score than you would if you'd just drowned yourself.

Viper_Dragon #18 Posted Nov 11 2017 - 07:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30105 battles
  • [HWDA] HWDA

Tier Game should be normalized for tier placement.

if (tier_counter>10) {

<do NOT enter High Tier game>;

tier_counter​--;

}

if tier_counter<10{

<do NOT enter Low Tier game>;

tier_counter​++; 

}

if tier_counter==10{

<do NOT enter Mid Tier game>;

if <enter Low Tier game>    tier_counter​--;

if <enter High Tier game>    tier_counter++-;​

}

Edited by Viper_Dragon, Nov 11 2017 - 07:48.

Pyro_DieNamic #19 Posted Nov 11 2017 - 13:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1989 battles
I cannot speak for all here as I run premium most of the time and generally without food and I don't throw gold. I will say however I enjoy tiers 4 thru 7 more than 9. I can earn more credits in tiers 4 and 5 than any above that. Well maybe because I play arty more than anything else. I have upper tier tanks "not arty" but I cannot deal with the attitudes of playing with a lot of vets of the game. Not all just the few that think this is real life and not a game. Ok off topic ....sorry. Anyway I am still pretty new and have been doing nothing but grinding. Working on tier 9 arty at the moment, but not sure I will play it as much as I do 5 thru 7. Credits....not so much a problem as experience for me anyway.

Dogg_zilla #20 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 02:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7962 battles

Ive got several tier X, and I have to say that tier 8 is the absolute worst tier in the entire game. 

They have serious problems just surviving against tier 9 and X, let alone doing damage. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users