Grinding Missions...Really?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Pyro_DieNamic #1 Posted Nov 11 2017 - 03:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1989 battles
I have to get this off my chest. First I know it is a game and grinding is a part of it. I find however to grind out 30,000 towards getting a free tank is a little steep. Some of the missions are even more. For one I have a life and a job and cannot spend 8 to 10 hours a day to get this done. A little excessive don't you think WOT? I guess I will just have to keep buying them. Maybe this is your plan? Just curious....

NightPiper #2 Posted Nov 11 2017 - 03:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 13716 battles
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6
30k dmg isnt too bad to get did it in 13 games today had a grand battle and did 7k lol that helped. But if you find it hard dont do the 3 tanks and just pick one tank. 

ClydeCooper421 #3 Posted Nov 11 2017 - 04:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 11562 battles
I did 30K today in tier 6 tanks cause I don't have any russian/chinese tanks higher than tier 6. Took a while...

xrays_ #4 Posted Nov 11 2017 - 04:28

Major

• Players
  • 43049 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostPyro_DieNamic, on Nov 10 2017 - 21:55, said:

I find however to grind out 30,000 towards getting a free tank is a little steep.

I managed all three of the 30k damage components today, and have fully completed 10/10 x 3 for all existing marathons so far... Not saying they were easy, because they were not, but they shouldn't be simple considering the reward. The marathon missions are typically set up to be relatively easy to complete 2/3 of the requirements for one prize, thus enticing players to pony up real cash for the remaining components of the complete mission set. If you don't like that concept, you don't have to compete, and you don't even have to pay any money. You can simply enjoy (sic) the game and play for other in-game bonuses that abound in the daily missions.

x.

BladedPheonix #5 Posted Nov 11 2017 - 04:42

Major

• Players
  • 40701 battles
  • [KKREW] KKREW

Higher tier TDs and heavies make short work of these missions.

I used the VKP and E-75 for the Germna missions, the Wz-111 1-4 and T-10 for the Russians, and the T-30, M-103 and T49 for the American mission.:child: I Finished about an hour ago. it was a bit exhausting though. needed several breaks...

Pyro_DieNamic #6 Posted Nov 11 2017 - 10:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1989 battles
Hmm, I just may suck at it then. Well myself and several others that I know that play the game. It may be that I enjoy playing arty and most of my tanks are that. Arty is a broken part of the game that I will not mix in with this forum however. I have been able to keep up with the American mission, just cannot find the time to complete the rest. Don't get me wrong, I like the game or I would not play it. I just think the grind is a bit excessive. Cheers all.

dunniteowl #7 Posted Nov 11 2017 - 16:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 18513 battles

I didn't have what it took to actually participate in the events up until I got to tier IV.  I went kind of slow, because I didn't really pay attention to the tiers and moving up, even though I went pretty quick, the lower tiers were pretty ugly, but got credit stopped at tier IV for a good while.  Because I didn't play well enough to go further any faster without paying.  I can't pay.

At one point, I almost quit playing, because I knew I wasn't that good.  That alone didn't bother me.  What bugged me is that there was only one other game that so stumped me in all my video game playing days that I almost quit.  This was the second.  I didn't like that I couldn't at least be average in it, because I liked this game very much conceptually and from a playing challenge point of view.

So I purposely got better.  And when I did that, I was able to participate in these events -- when I had time available.  I never really completed any of the major events, campaigns or missions.  I've won, though, along with freebies, something like four tanks, six or seven garage slots, lots and lots of Personal Reserves (I have 389 of them, I think?) and so many Premium Consumables that I can't even think how many there are.

All free.

While playing for fun.

It's about the way you look at things.  I play for free.  I don't spend a penny.  WG uses my free status to entice me -- and many others in my FTPP camp -- to play as 'filler' material in place of bots for Premium Time Paying Customers.  After all, those paying customers need some fodder and you can't make people pay to be fodder, so you open the floodgates and say, "Send us your great unwashed masses with potato computers, poor connections, lots of free time (we're looking at you college students and retirees!) and a willingness to take it on the chin; Come play for Free!"

Seriously, with a pitch like that you just pull them right on in like tuna jumping into the boat.

Well, this tuna is tired of swimming so hard, so jumping in the boat was a 'no-brainer.'  So anything I manage to get in the boat that is enjoyable at all?  I'm taking it and being appreciative!  I know that at the end of the ride I am being processed for Premium Time Chunk SPG/LT Canned Fodder, but I'm going to enjoy the ride while it lasts, babee!

I encourage you to do the same.  Just enjoy what you can get out of it and if you manage one of those missions and get a reward for it, think about it -- would it have felt more enjoyable, once reached, if it had been all that easy?  I know I liked seeing my Missions Completed things show up, because I don't even think about them and they are always a pleasant surprise to me.

GL, HF & HSYBF

Leusipher #8 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 01:30

Private

• Players
  • 16389 battles

The requirements are pretty excessive for what should be a fun holiday event. Daily requirements over such an extended period is pretty harsh when each marathon can take a while to complete. To complicate matters even worse they threw in the WIN requirement on some so when you keep getting turds for teammates you're screwed.

I completed all three for the first 10 and the 11th damage one. I am giving up on the whole thing now. I've been at it for hours and only have 4 wins on one and none on the other. I have a wife and kids and can't just sit here for hours and hours every single day for this event. It's a shame they couldn't have made it easier to complete but I suppose that's the point, token sales...

Pyro_DieNamic #9 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 06:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1989 battles
Case....and point.

BEASTY_BUCKEYE #10 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 18:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 23244 battles
I basically gave up on the event when i seen the missions getting harder that usually sets up a trend. And the tanks that they are offering not really worth it in my option. Hell they could raise it to 500k damage or 10 tanks killed in a single battle at the end of the event to make it all most impossible. They are not going to let you get all three or even one easy. Seeing hows they want 50 bucks for theses tanks, that in my opinion are really under powered. They call it giving thanks, but i think its giving thanks to wg more then the player. In the end you will be spending real money on at least one token or two you watch and see.   

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users