• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

VooDooKobra #21 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 11:58

Major

• Players
  • 6572 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185
Spoiler

If you are that negative towards a game and the company please explain why you are here?  if you believe WG is that bad why are you here?  quit if you hate it here this much 

next, giving the players the MM that would benefit them?  you have a playerbase that is unable to come to any form of agreement on what kind of MM is best and that is going to be the one that benefits the players?  no matter what MM we get there will always be people not happy with it so what MM benefits us?  please let us know.

Battle based PR is still a bad idea because you punish those who end up exiting the battle early in the battle so they end up burning more PR and that would be fair to you?  as for time if he had three minutes left odds are he wasn't getting another battle from it anyways so how is that a complaint?  he still had time for it to benefit him for that battle. so why are you moaning about someone elses PR?

oh and i would love to see a replay of that m4 bounce because head-on the only M4 that should be bounding the max is the jumbo

Edited by VooDooKobra, Nov 14 2017 - 12:10.

Nunya_000 #22 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 15:26

Major

• Players
  • 20697 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostMichael_Cochrane_2017, on Nov 14 2017 - 00:42, said:

complete randomness? OMG

How is being bottom tier 90% of the time random? (clue, it isn't). with 3/5/7 there is no random.....in tier 4 5 or 6 (and I assume 7 and 8) you will 90% of the time be bottom tier. 

The tanks you're up against may vary, but undoubtedly you will always be against tanks that you literally can't (or have slim chance of) damaging. More so if you're up against russian tanks.

Sure the TEAMS are balanced, but when the vast majority of time it's the top tier tanks left over after all the lower ones are dead, often with NO dp points, how is that enjoyable?

WOT and Wargaming have no integrity, honour, and sense of fair play. Everything they do is designed along that RBM. They will NEVER change the mm system to benefit the players, since to do that that goes against their company policy of "rape em wherever you can". A perfect example is the reserves....time based not battle based. I was just in a battle with someone who posted in chat: I had 3 minutes left on my reserve, and all of a sudden it took 2 minutes to sign on to a battle"....of course it did. I have NO doubt in my mind that WG did some programming on that. 

I also bet they fiddled with the time count on the reserve so that a minute is actually 56 seconds. I bet they also fiddled with the numbers on ammunition. They "say" you get x amount of penn with gold, but I bet you really don't. Who will be able to prove it? 

WOT is pay to win, and if you don't pay, you don't get anything...even IF you pay, say buy a premium account, I bet they even scrimp you on this too. They post "with a premium account you would have earned this per battle"....who has sat down and been able to prove that you actually get that when you buy a premium account? 

I'll give you an example: everyone knows that russian tanks are designed to be just a little better tier for tier than other nations. Keeping that in mind, which is an obvious example of how they have NO integrity, apply that to every other aspect of the game. If they messed with that what else did they mess with?

Take halloween bonuses for eg. "they had problems paying it out" bull crap.....they had all kinds of repair kits, first aid kits etc but while they were dicking around "not being able to pay out" we all spent coin on them in battles. 

Dicker pos max: it was designed as a bunker buster...can't pen tier vi tank frontal armor or the turrent on an M4......they give you a tank, that's supposedly a tank destroyer, that can't destroy tanks head on. Plus they pit you against tier viii ALL the time.....tanks that you cannot damage significantly btw.....they give, yet make you pay through the nose for the "gift". 

I don't know what it was like in the beginning. But I've been around businesses for 40 years and the pattern I see emerging is like many other businesses that are on the ropes: they will do ANYTHING to get more $$ even if that means overcharging, stealing, underproviding, lying, anything to get $$ but the problem with businesses do this? it only accelerates their demise. Companies that weather the storm do so by respecting their customers, giving better value for the money, having integrity......

Wargaming is like a $5.00 crack [edited]: they'd sell their own mother for a dollar.

Wow....that is a whole lot of conspiracy theory all in one post.

Sorry, but I do not have problems penetrating most tanks that are +2 tiers higher than mine, but then I took the time to learn weak areas of specific tanks early on in my WOT career.  I also make sure that my cross hair are set to show penetration chances (its part of vanilla) to help out.  Maybe that is why being bottom tier with the new MM does not bother me that much.

Gotta love the "Russian tanks best tanks" crowd.  Personally, I find the US tanks to be the better tanks for my play style.  I like the hull down capability from the lower gun depression, which the Russian tanks do not have.  I also do not like the high dispersion of the Russian tanks, though I do agree that Russian tanks hit hard (if you hit) and normally have decent armor.  Those two reasons alone are why Russian tanks are the 2nd most Nation I have played.  However, if they were that OP compared to other Nations, they would probably be the top most Nation that I have played.

SpectreHD #23 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 07:37

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16324 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostNunya_000, on Nov 14 2017 - 11:55, said:

1. Depends on the method used.  Even swapping player would need to consider the tank they are in.  So, you have just two player that should be swapped, but the player on one team is in a top tier tank and on the other team the player is in a bottom tier tank.  It makes it much more difficult to do swaps when the tank and tier also needs to consider.  Sure, a computer might process it pretty quickly, but it could also hang running through the options, depending on how tight it is designed to be.  Though the new MM might make it a little easier.

2. Sure it can.  It just takes time and the larger the pool the better.  Problem is, everybody has their own idea on what is "perfect".  I like the completely randomness that we have now....you seem to want a moderate "swapping" of team members.....and I have no doubt that many want a completely balanced Mm to within a few percentage points.

3. Tanks are "balance", tiers are "balance", and now when players are "balanced", it is no longer a "random" MM.

4. It is a speculation, not an assumption.  You have been on this forum long enough to know that many people are not happy with anything that is done to this game.  The same people are constantly finding new things to complain about, though some are focused.  If SBMM is implemented, the same people will likely still be complaining.

1. I should have expanded further. But I have been repeating this for a while. The swapping of players would only happen when it doesn't upset the previous team sorting of tiers, vehicle class, and platoons.

2. Considering my idea of team balancing, it won't. Player stats is only one of the factors that make it near impossible to get an absolute 50/50. Then we go ingame and things like equipment, stock vs elite, ping, and RNG all affect the capability to get a complete 50/50 team split.

3. Sorry but as long as there is platooning, random is not random. The whole ability to platoon that undermines any impartiality in a random game mode. Random MM is about making teams with random players from the queue. It isn't about random team balancing.

4. Same thing. Just because the whiners will whine, doesn't mean anything shouldn't be done. 

Hemorrhoids #24 Posted Nov 16 2017 - 21:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 19584 battles

Really WG,

Not only get a warning, then a strike, but also deleting a post???

HeadlockMvnky <---- Keyboard worrier.

Michael_Cochrane_2017 #25 Posted Yesterday, 10:46 AM

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4969 battles

View PostVooDooKobra, on Nov 14 2017 - 04:58, said:

Spoiler

If you are that negative towards a game and the company please explain why you are here?  if you believe WG is that bad why are you here?  quit if you hate it here this much 

..because I'm a stubborn bas__d....and don't know when to quit......

next, giving the players the MM that would benefit them?  you have a playerbase that is unable to come to any form of agreement on what kind of MM is best and that is going to be the one that benefits the players?  no matter what MM we get there will always be people not happy with it so what MM benefits us?  please let us know.

really? making mm that benefits all (or most) players equally is a bad thing? Funny, I have yet to see a video, post, or chat where seasoned pros love the mm as it exists now. I'm talking quickybaby, claus, etc. They ALL say it is ridiculous. 

Yes, there will be players who won't like a "fair" mm system....know who? 1) people who use premium russian tanks 2) people in tier ix and tier x. When you're in tier ix and tier x, you are never in a +2 match and that's the RBM: force players to upgrade to the top two tiers and if they don't? rape them until they quit or move up.  See, when you are in ix or x, you can pad your stats and say "look how good I am".....

Battle based PR is still a bad idea because you punish those who end up exiting the battle early in the battle so they end up burning more PR and that would be fair to you?  as for time if he had three minutes left odds are he wasn't getting another battle from it anyways so how is that a complaint?  he still had time for it to benefit him for that battle. so why are you moaning about someone elses PR?

Not sure what you mean by PR.....pro rated? puerto rican? Premium Rounds? Partially Retarded?

oh and i would love to see a replay of that m4 bounce because head-on the only M4 that should be bounding the max is the jumbo

Should be, but it isn't. I play too many games to remember which ones that one situation happened in. I have a theory about the DM: I did awesome the first week I got it. Had an epic battle where I killed 5 and wounded/damaged many more. Since then? Pffft nothing. (or next to nothing). Outmatched in every battle, die early because I'm spotted by +2 tanks so soon....(and with no armor I'm a sitting duck). And the funny thing is, my crews are better trained than they were the first week. I have a theory about that as well: the RBM says "give them a premium tank, set it up so they have better accuracy, better armor, better penn for the first x number of games, get them playing the tank, then nerf everything so they have to buy more premium ammo"....pay to win remember. 

Once again on the matchmaking: I drive a matilda. Every once in a while I get a match against tier iii's, I look at the enemy and if they don't have a luchs, or another matilda, I have little to no worry about dying. 9 times out of 10 my biggest concern is being able to get to the e tanks before my team kills them all. Once in a blue moon I'll screw up and get killed before getting 3 or 4 kills but that's rare. I mean what's wrong with a system where the only concern is if you can get to the enemy in time? If the matilda could go 5 mph faster, I'd be getting 10 kill + games every match.....(against tier iii). Even against tier v I hold my own......but tier vi? not a chance specially if there are tier vi spgs......I can only imagine how "boring" it is being a tier x russian tank running around killing with impunity....

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users