MARATHON TIME RESET TOO EARLY!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Master_Beater #1 Posted Nov 11 2017 - 12:42

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 37195 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS
WG, the marathon time reset an hour early. According to the conditions and the rules, see link provide, the time is not supposed to reset to the next day until 4:20 PST. Ticket submitted. I should have IS-6B token completed, was it not for this issue. Please advise?

https://worldoftanks...-2017-marathon/

Xeraux #2 Posted Nov 11 2017 - 12:48

Major

• Players
  • 18935 battles

WarGaming didn't adjust for daylight savings time.

They also aren't going to credit you your token.

Hopefully you have time to make up for it with one of the extra missions.

Master_Beater #3 Posted Nov 11 2017 - 20:45

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 37195 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS
Clearly states the mission goes until 4:20 am PST on the website. This is part of the terms and condition. 4:20 is 4:20. If the time changed, it is the current time of the change. Right now it is 11:44, and not 10:44.

zombieyeti #4 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 12:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 31548 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

It happened AGAIN TODAY.

Yesterday I reported this, and WG Staff basically ignored it.

Screenshot taken approx 0330 with mission reset.

I opened the ticket, and had to re-open it five times.

I sent screenshots last time with 'date created' time stamps, so they must assume I'm lying.

Glad to know I'm not crazy.

Here's one example of the replies I've received:

Again, please note that we're following the server time and not any other timezone. The server time is constant and will not based on the clock of your computer. We based our conclusion on the arrival time of your ticket which is 12:00pm server time or 5:00am PT, since our event is based on PT and the mission is change by 4:20am PT, then the server didn't not end the mission early.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. We certainly know the frustration you are having as of the moment.

And another:

Thank you for the reply.

We're sorry to hear about any disappointments caused.

As much as we'd love to compensate you for the token, we're afraid that we cannot attent to this request as the server's daily system reset is not at fault.

To answer your previous inquiry, the daily missions end at exactly 04:20 Pacific Time (24-hour format).

And, moments ago:

Hi zombieyeti,

Thank you for getting back on us! We're glad to hear again from you.

Again, please note that we're following the server time and not any other timezone. The server time is constant and will not based on the clock of your computer. We based our conclusion on the arrival time of your ticket which is 12:00pm server time or 5:00am PT, since our event is based on PT and the mission is change by 4:20am PT, then the server didn't not end the mission early.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. We certainly know the frustration you are having as of the moment.

CLEARLY it is before 0420 PT right now.

Edited by zombieyeti, Nov 13 2017 - 12:51.

zombieyeti #5 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 02:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 31548 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

As of 13 Nov 2017 1718 WG Support Staff still refuse to acknowledge the problem, but claim to have escalated the issue to Development.

I just asked them to do some basic math on what time the server claims it is, and what time it actually is by doing the following:

• A: The time the ticket says it is entered
  • B: The time the server says it is now
  • C: The actual time in US PAC https://www.timeandd...usa/los-angeles
  • D: Subtract A from B (B-A) to determine the number of minutes.
  • E: Subtract A from C (C-A) to determine the number of minutes.
  • If D and E are about the same number of minutes, then there is no problem with timekeeping.
  • If the delta of D and E is > than the time it takes to do the math, there is a problem.

This problem would have been addressed at least a day earlier if WG Support's first priority was Customer Service rather than Customer blaming, which is just another method of displacement.

I still have not seen any public announcement saying "HEY, MISSIONS END AT 0320 PACIFIC TIME" - so if Support has *actually* escalated the problem is still open for debate.

ImaKillYou #6 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 02:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24170 battles
  • [-GENT] -GENT
As they have pointed out to you in replies, WG server time is UTC. UTC does NOT adjust to DST.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users