To ticket or not to ticket...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Shortcult #1 Posted Nov 11 2017 - 19:55

Major

• Players
  • 31212 battles

Howdy folks,

Opinions please.  Having a problem with WoT, having no problems with WoWS.  Having no other problems with two other MMO's  My limited ability (very limited) looks ok to me (network looks good, speed tests are consistent and good, other titles play etc).  Do I do a fresh install (low on my list of things I want to do today) or open a ticket (not very high on my list of things I want to do today, but higher than fresh install).

Stupid of me to not list the problem.  Game (WoT) plays well when I get into a match but hangs up terribly when updating the garage, sometimes DC's there.  This happens both when I fire it up and when I am returning from a match.  Interestingly, if I leave the match before completion, I do not experience the hang up.  Am I arrogant assuming it's not on my end at this point?  K, yeah, everyone already knows I'm arrogant, I meant in this case.

This has been happening for several days, I hate to say 'ever since' but there was a little patch recently.....

Kamahl1234 #2 Posted Nov 11 2017 - 20:24

Major

• Players
  • 17962 battles

I'd fresh install first. Also to note your network examples are kind of moot, and I'll try to explain why. Think about driving on the highway. You get a certain MPG, now things like detours, slow/congested traffic and construction may lower that MPG or even prevent you from reaching your destination. So using this, WoWS may be in Memphis, MMO#1 in Miami, MM0#2 in Dallas, and WoT in Toronto. The roads you're taking, while part of the international network of roads, are all different and may have different problems along the way. Just keep this in mind if you ever have problems with online games, that things like speedtests only tell you so much, but pingplotter tells you the "roads" you go on and any issues along it if you know how to read it.

And updating the garage issues are often things such as mods, do you run any? If so either update them or remove them (fresh install may do this). This especially becomes likely when there is any patch (note previously installed mods can cause issues as well, such as if you once had XVM). 

So in short, try a reinstall, make sure you don't have mods running (safemode is a option from the launcher and bypasses most mods). That would be my go-to first things to try.

ElfMagi2 #3 Posted Nov 11 2017 - 20:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45306 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED

Don't bother with ticket. Support will not help you because to them it is always the player's fault.

Most (90%+) of the support team don't even play the game and have very little knowledge of what is going on.

Shortcult #4 Posted Nov 11 2017 - 22:28

Major

• Players
  • 31212 battles

View PostKamahl1234, on Nov 11 2017 - 11:24, said:

I'd fresh install first. Also to note your network examples are kind of moot, and I'll try to explain why. Think about driving on the highway. You get a certain MPG, now things like detours, slow/congested traffic and construction may lower that MPG or even prevent you from reaching your destination. So using this, WoWS may be in Memphis, MMO#1 in Miami, MM0#2 in Dallas, and WoT in Toronto. The roads you're taking, while part of the international network of roads, are all different and may have different problems along the way. Just keep this in mind if you ever have problems with online games, that things like speedtests only tell you so much, but pingplotter tells you the "roads" you go on and any issues along it if you know how to read it.

And updating the garage issues are often things such as mods, do you run any? If so either update them or remove them (fresh install may do this). This especially becomes likely when there is any patch (note previously installed mods can cause issues as well, such as if you once had XVM). 

So in short, try a reinstall, make sure you don't have mods running (safemode is a option from the launcher and bypasses most mods). That would be my go-to first things to try.

Thanks for the response.  Don't use any mods, vanilla is good enough for me.

I only mentioned the network as I it used to get quite crowded with sons and daughters friends all over and streaming on my wireless.  As the kids have moved out, all dat bandwidz iz mine!!!

I did presume, maybe wrongly, that WoWS and WoT had their servers collocated.  If not then yes I see your point.

Sabastan #5 Posted Nov 11 2017 - 22:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21383 battles
  • [-O-O-] -O-O-

Kinda had problem like that too i found out that my antivirus program was one of the problems trying to scan the game in the battles. So check and see if your antivirus has a silent mode that you can enable to stop the active scans while you are playing the game. Also check to see if your antivirus program is good for your games some are not.

As for the clean install i would first run the Check and Repair in the Wargaming Game Center under Game Setting tab before you uninstall. If you are running any Mods make sure they are up to date. try the game with out the mods and see it you have the same problem if you have the same problem then you know its not the mods.

Just a few things to check to see if it will help with the problem you are having.

Shortcult #6 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 01:38

Major

• Players
  • 31212 battles
Thanks all, a fresh install did the trick.  Curious that it started about the same time as the patch.....

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users