Are you serious?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Desert_Faux #1 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 07:54

Major

• Players
  • 3506 battles
  • [-DTOM] -DTOM

I was playing a quick pub match just now and I was thought I was playing "meh" (What else is new).

After the match I noticed I got a ribbon for some reason...

"Battle Buddy"??? Really they start rewarding people ribbons while I was gone for not shooting an allied tank? 

What next? A ribbon for pressing W to drive forward?

I feel so much awesomer now... I got a shiny ribbon for not shooting a team mate... 

The_Boz #2 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 08:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9689 battles
Glorified normal

HowitzerBlitzer #3 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 08:46

Major

• Players
  • 14861 battles
I haven't gotten one in a while... for sure won't any time this weekend.

Not_Connery #4 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 08:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4408 battles
I just got one again recently.  For me, the difficulty isn't in not shooting an ally (although one occasionally drives in front of me just as I click my LMB), it's in not getting run into at the start of the match by somebody who's not paying attention and makes me "ram" them (even though they're the one that hit me, it deals damage to them so I get blamed for it).

OldFrog75 #5 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 10:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7765 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

I get them for about 85% of the battles I play and I think they are important because:

1.  It means I'm being careful and not likely to trip the TK algorithm that gets me banned

2.  It might work in my favor if another player wrongly drops a dime on me with an in game Complaint/Report or submits a Ticket

3.  It's unlikely I will ever appear on Claus's World's Biggest A-hole series  (just kidding with this one)

OP, based upon my experience, with 3400 battles I would have expected you to have at least 50 by now.

Edited by OldFrog75, Nov 12 2017 - 20:56.

Raum_The_Smurf #6 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 12:06

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20274 battles
  • [W-R] W-R

lol sry to say but the hell with a battle buddy ribbon if i get a bug up my bum and a light isnt doing his job then bye bye light :bush::arta::hiding:

Edited by Raum_The_Smurf, Nov 12 2017 - 12:08.

da_Rock002 #7 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 13:51

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5217 battles

View PostDesert_Faux, on Nov 12 2017 - 01:54, said:

I was playing a quick pub match just now and I was thought I was playing "meh" (What else is new).

"Battle Buddy"??? Really they start rewarding people ribbons while I was gone for not shooting an allied tank?

I feel so much awesomer now... I got a shiny ribbon for not shooting a team mate...

Shooting your own teammates costs you credits.    Forget the ribbons.   You're losing 'money'.    You're also losing battles since your team loses HP and guns needlessly.

You've taken 3408 battles to get your first one.   

Funny thing........

One of the previous posters averages 554 battles before winning a BattleBuddy. 

Another averages 509.      Guess who those are......

The others average from 59 to 195.     Heck, they might even have influenced their WR for the good.     

Raxter54 #8 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 14:37

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6088 battles

View PostRaum_The_Smurf, on Nov 12 2017 - 12:06, said:

lol sry to say but the hell with a battle buddy ribbon if i get a bug up my bum and a light isnt doing his job then bye bye light :bush::arta::hiding:

Nice of you to decide how other people should play....

dunniteowl #9 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 16:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 18506 battles

225 x 50 = 11,250 matches of 18,479 that I did no harm to my team mates -- in a row.  That means that a full 60% of ALL my play was done without committing damage to my team mates -- IN A ROW.  That's pretty consistent 'don't shoot your team mates' behavior.

You should be looking for that in a player as well.  How well can they check fire?  How well can they control that impulse to be out of control?  How well do they pay attention to what's going on around them to purposely prevent team damage?

Battle Buddy may not be the most glorious badge in the mix, but it can tell you a lot about how someone plays if you know you can count on them to NOT SHOOT YOU or ram/bump you.  You are safe with me unless you are a red tank.

GL, HF & HSYBF

the_Deadly_Bulb #10 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 19:19

Major

• Players
  • 18378 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostDesert_Faux, on Nov 11 2017 - 22:54, said:

They aren't just for not shooting team mates.

They are only available if you have done no team damage of any sort over 50 matches .

So yes they are in a sense for pressing W (ASD) also, as long as in pressing W (ASD) you didn't bang into someone or push them off a cliff into water. :honoring:

Red_Ensign #11 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 19:30

Major

• Players
  • 6610 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostDesert_Faux, on Nov 12 2017 - 00:54, said:

better than medals people do stupid and selfish things for.

Desert_Faux #12 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 00:17

Major

• Players
  • 3506 battles
  • [-DTOM] -DTOM

View PostOldFrog75, on Nov 12 2017 - 09:49, said:

I get them for about 85% of the battles I play and I think they are important because:

1.  It means I'm being careful and not likely to trip the TK algorithm that gets me banned

2.  It might work in my favor if another player wrongly drops a dime on me with an in game Complaint/Report or submits a Ticket

3.  It's unlikely I will ever appear on Claus's World's Biggest A-hole series  (just kidding with this one)

OP, based upon my experience, with 3400 battles I would have expected you to have at least 50 by now.

I've only recently started playing again. I haven't been playing in about 3 years or so. When I last played they didn't have that medal that I know of.

oldewolfe #13 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 01:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11555 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

I have 113 of those so far, counting the new one today...

If I have to Reset the Counter, it's not because I went out of my Way to shoot someone....      Been in the Clan for 973 Days, one of the Clan Requirements is to use Safe Shot so it's kind of Impossible to do in the First Place....      

Can't Shoot a Tank on Purpose, but once the Shots Fired, all Bets are Off...     Once it's on it's way and you get between It and the Target, it's on you....      Had many a Green roll past the Muzzle after it's been Clicked, or try to do a Drive By as the Round gets there, mostly Lights and Fast Mediums...        Or on a Corner and some Fat Heavy cuts across the Corner to Steal a Shot, yup even they get in the Way....

However, I have NEVER gone out of my way, not even to Kill a Blue Tank, to shoot a Team Mate outside of the Test Server, and even those are only Self Defense...     On the Live Server, he11 no, let the other SOB get the Penalty I'm not going there if I can help it...       I like my Battle Buddy Ribbons almost as much as my Pascucci's, Top Guns, and High Calibers....    I'll take All they can give me....

the_Deadly_Bulb #14 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 09:24

Major

• Players
  • 18378 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

181 BBs and counting.

Don't shoot the green tanks!

When the game is in the bag, smurfs need to die.

Manimal__ #15 Posted Nov 16 2017 - 18:21

Major

• Players
  • 36642 battles

View PostDesert_Faux, on Nov 11 2017 - 22:54, said:

I make sure to shoot an allied tank every few games so I don't get battle buddy.

Also tagged with Are you serious?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users