Fast-pace WoT

Fast Shooter Pace

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

_The_Tick_ #1 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 16:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38228 battles
WoT is no longer the game it started out as.  It has become a fast-paced first person shooter, more like science fiction than a WWII based tank game.  The tanks are faster, scooting around the map at ridiculous speeds.  Locks cannot be obtained without cheats.  It simply is not representative of the WWII era any more.  The developers now cater to young kids and the CoD crowd.  It is instant gratification at its worst.  Zip around, everyone blown up in 3 to 5 minutes.  It is becoming more and more of a button masher game, with people simply zooming into each other, shooting rapidly until crashing headlong into the opponent.  The game was first ruined with one OP tank release after another.  Then, the constant auto-loaders.  Game balance is ignored, as well.  It really is a pity, the direction the developers have gone with this game.  If I wanted to play CoD, then I would have purchased it.

xrays_ #2 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 16:38

Major

• Players
  • 43247 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View Post_The_Tick_, on Nov 12 2017 - 10:28, said:

Locks cannot be obtained without cheats.

Please explain. I always enjoy rants about how everyone that's good must be cheating.

Oh, and overall I disagree... This game is generally quite slow-paced, unless you're playing Tier I-IV. Maybe it's just too fast for you, grandpa?

x.

NiteDog #3 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 16:38

Major

• Players
  • 26934 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
Adapt or quit. You do have choices.

_The_Tick_ #4 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 16:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38228 battles
Very constructive responses.  The usual troll argument of "you suck, get better, or get lost".

Edited by _The_Tick_, Nov 12 2017 - 16:46.

_The_Tick_ #5 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 16:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38228 battles
How about addressing the fact that the game simply moves faster than in the beginning, not just the tanks themselves, but apparently what they had programmed in for approximately 40kph is now more like 40 mph?  The game has increasingly become more like CoD.  Let's try addressing an individual point, and sticking to the topic.  The topic is not about whether a person is good at the game or not.  It is about how the game rate has changed.

the_Deadly_Bulb #6 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 20:45

Major

• Players
  • 18471 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Had to come and disagree Tick, its what us Super Villains do. :great:

Condolence cheese tray perhaps?

Sgt__Guffy #7 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 21:53

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1809 battles

View Postxrays_, on Nov 12 2017 - 09:38, said:

Please explain. I always enjoy rants about how everyone that's good must be cheating.

Oh, and overall I disagree... This game is generally quite slow-paced, unless you're playing Tier I-IV. Maybe it's just too fast for you, grandpa?

x.

Well, being the age where I could be a Grandpa, but thankfully my children have chosen not to procreate, I have to agree with the OP.

I have never played Call of Duty so I cannot comment.

I come from a strategic background with gaming. I have played a lot of Total War, I also have played browser games like Travian and one or two of its very similar variants. I left first person shooter a long time ago with games like Wolfenstein. At that time there was not a lot of choice anyway if you did not like shoot 'em ups. So when I tried WOT it was quite amazing. I wandered around the maps taking in the scenery before being rudely interrupted by another player shooting at me. It was slower paced. There was an element of strategy in it. Players with premium tanks were looked down on as a players looking for an easy ride and wished to forgo the grind. If you wanted get up the tiers you had to work for it. I only recall one premium eight tank. Any noob fool enough to buy one, just to play at that level and failing miserably, was ridiculed!  I think more than three artillery per side was possible, but I do not recall it having any significant influence on the game.The MM was nothing like what we have now. Tanks were allocated scout status, usually lights,  they usually had a pop guns firing corks and found themselves in any combination of MM ratio, where +4/-4 was commonplace and accepted. The ELC AMX was common as that did have a decent gun, and the T50 was popular too.

Even at tier one to three, on maps like Himmlesdorf , Mines, Province and Campinovka, there was an element of strategy. Yes, there were stand off's, but it was nothing like the Mittengard rush, the team that shoots straight when they all meet in the middle, wins. That teaches you nothing compared to playing on the aforesaid maps when I started playing. You did get players rushing across the field on Campinovka, but they were quickly destroyed and laughed at. You had to work out where the enemy was and what they were doing, mistakes were punished and you learned to outwit your opponent, shoot straight at short and long distance, conceal your tank and that was just tier one!

So please, don't come at me with a lot of BS as to how the game has got better. Better for who? Mittengard sums it up nicely. The least worst team wins, the ones who can shoot straight get the best out of it. There is very little strategy at any tier now. Unless you think brawling is strategy. How many players are playing team battles, stronghold or clan wars now? I remember team battles were on a Friday night for our clan and sometimes it was all they could do to keep a team together to play! A lot of really good and average joes like me have long gone. It got to the point that there were more and more new names in the clan replacing many who had left. I think that reflects the migration from the game as a whole. Yes, the game still has its die hard disciples, though I think a lot of them play fewer games now. There is no appeal to the game, it seems stale, predictable and short! There will be players who, like xrays, will disagree as they probably find the game to their liking. A new breed of player probably, better equipped to embrace the changes that WG have made. They will play for hours at a time, I play barely a few dozen games a week. There is the difference.

WG created a good game, but it was not profitable enough. So they set out to change the game so it was and succeeded. End of story. Happy endings are for sloppy TV movies. 

Have fun,

Guffy.

Edited by Sgt__Guffy, Nov 12 2017 - 21:57.

The_Creeper_Hunter #8 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 10:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 23230 battles
Interesting observation OP. The game definitely feels more "get em in, get em out" than it used to. Remember maps like Northwest, Pearl River? There was room to move, think, strategies. Feels more like being crammed into a can now with many of the remaining maps. I know the reasons listed by WG for removal of some of the old maps...spawn advantage, terrain, etc? I could be mistaken, but I don't recall so many 15-4 five minute stomp outs on those maps. We have to adapt, learn some skills, try playing the tanks we hate so much- the ones that kill us most. All these changes are designed for the benefit of WG...they do what they will to stay in business. We go along, or leave, but do have that choice. GL- HF.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users