Changing crews between tanks

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

cocobabygirl #1 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 16:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6392 battles
  • [D0OM] D0OM
Hey need a little help understanding about changing crews between tanks.  Can you change crews between tanks without having to pay for retraining?  I want to take a crew with skills move them up to a tank same country and same category but higher tier, than bring them back to the original tank where they came from.  Seems like I miss something because I have to pay to retrain them or they lose percentage in the moving between tanks.  Thank you in advance as most of you guys are great with helping.  PS I also feel I am a waste to my clan because of such a low win rate and record,  I feel I should leave and join a less talented clan to improve my skills and playing ability.  My efficiency rating in recent playing is getting better but the damage to my record is also done because of my past not understanding the strategy of every tank in the battle no matter how bad you are placed in tank line up.  Great bunch of players but we never train or platoon as much as we should.  It is also my own fault for not pursuing the initiation of starting a platoon or practice.

Nunya_000 #2 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 17:05

Major

• Players
  • 20690 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postcocobabygirl, on Nov 12 2017 - 07:57, said:

Hey need a little help understanding about changing crews between tanks.  Can you change crews between tanks without having to pay for retraining?  I want to take a crew with skills move them up to a tank same country and same category but higher tier, than bring them back to the original tank where they came from.  Seems like I miss something because I have to pay to retrain them or they lose percentage in the moving between tanks.  Thank you in advance as most of you guys are great with helping.  PS I also feel I am a waste to my clan because of such a low win rate and record,  I feel I should leave and join a less talented clan to improve my skills and playing ability.  My efficiency rating in recent playing is getting better but the damage to my record is also done because of my past not understanding the strategy of every tank in the battle no matter how bad you are placed in tank line up.  Great bunch of players but we never train or platoon as much as we should.  It is also my own fault for not pursuing the initiation of starting a platoon or practice.

1. Premium tanks can use any crew, without penalty, that is from the same Nation and is trained on the same class of tank.  Meaning you do not need to retrain the crew for a premium tank.

2. Crews can only be trained on one regular tank at a time.  You can use a crew on a tank it is not trained on (even the previous tank it was trained for), but there is a penalty.

3. If you plan on running a crew on a specific regular tank and do not want a penalty, you must retrain them for that tank and they will no longer be trained on the previous tank.

Asiaticus #3 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 17:06

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3752 battles
  • [NBL] NBL

That would be nice, and it would seem to make logical sense, but it just doesn't work that way in this sometimes nonsensical game. Once you retrain a crew member, he or she forgets every other tank.

the_Deadly_Bulb #4 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 19:13

Major

• Players
  • 18378 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostNunya_000, on Nov 12 2017 - 08:05, said:

1. Premium tanks can use any crew, without penalty, that is from the same Nation and is trained on the same class of tank.  Meaning you do not need to retrain the crew for a premium tank.

2. Crews can only be trained on one regular tank at a time.  You can use a crew on a tank it is not trained on (even the previous tank it was trained for), but there is a penalty.

3. If you plan on running a crew on a specific regular tank and do not want a penalty, you must retrain them for that tank and they will no longer be trained on the previous tank.

^ This is crew training in a nutshell. :great:

Nunya, if you do use a crew from another earned tank in a non-Premium tank they aren't trained for in addition to their skills not working (the penalty you mentioned) don't they also earn zero exp for the rounds played in the tank they're untrained for?

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Nov 12 2017 - 19:13.

Nunya_000 #5 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 19:25

Major

• Players
  • 20690 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Nov 12 2017 - 10:13, said:

^ This is crew training in a nutshell. :great:

Nunya, if you do use a crew from another earned tank in a non-Premium tank they aren't trained for in addition to their skills not working (the penalty you mentioned) don't they also earn zero exp for the rounds played in the tank they're untrained for?

The Penalties:

(trained for same type)

• Earn 50% less XP for the battle.
  • -25% reduction of training on the tank for the battle they are in. (i.e. 100% crew = acts like 75% crew....all skills work normally at the level they are at.)

(trained for different type)

• Earn 75% less XP for the battle.
  • -50% reduction of training on the tank for the battle they are in (i.e. 100% crew = acts like 50% crew....all skills work normally at the level they are at.)

http://wiki.wargamin...s_and_Penalties

cocobabygirl #6 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 00:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6392 battles
  • [D0OM] D0OM
Thanks only premium tanks no penalty what about elite tanks?  So would you say it's best to have at least one premium tank in each country you play?  Also I hear guys having crew with 5 or 6 skills & perks, do you achieve this threw training in premium's first than putting them in a regular tank?

Nunya_000 #7 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 01:52

Major

• Players
  • 20690 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postcocobabygirl, on Nov 12 2017 - 15:29, said:

Thanks only premium tanks no penalty what about elite tanks?  So would you say it's best to have at least one premium tank in each country you play?  Also I hear guys having crew with 5 or 6 skills & perks, do you achieve this threw training in premium's first than putting them in a regular tank?

No on elite.  An elite regular tank is still a regular tank.

If I want to grind a crew up quickly, I will purchase premium tanks of the same nation and type the crew is trained on and is a line I plan on completing.  I normally do not buy premium tanks on lines I am not grinding (i.e. French).  For some Nations, I have many premium tanks and can play the same crew on 5-6 tanks a day if desired (i.e Russian MTs).  When getting a x2, x3, or x5 on multiple tanks in a day, your crew will advance quite quickly.

It does not matter which order you play each day.  The crew can transfer back and forth between it's regular tank and the premium tanks without penalty (as long as it is same Nation/Type).

da_Rock002 #8 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 05:51

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5217 battles

View Postcocobabygirl, on Nov 12 2017 - 18:29, said:

Looking at your list of tanks right now shows you don't presently own a single pair of tanks that'd work easily.

Take the German tanks for example.   You don't really have any Premiums other than the Pz T 25 that match up easily with other mediums of the same nationality.   Unfortunately, you don't have a single other German MT.

You do have the U.S. T20 medium, but no U.S. medium premiums.   That T20 works really well paired to a Tbolt for crew training for example.   Especially since the Tbolt usually comes with a magic starter crew that has zero-cost BIA.    That's a great crew trainer but isn't available all the time.     The M4 Imp works too, but you've got to deal with it's light armor etc.   When I got the TBolt and that crew, I sent the T20 crew to the barracks.   They had made their primary 100% but hadn't made their first skill yet.   That Tbolt crew had to be trained to the T20, but right now they're at ~90% into their 3rd skill.     The Tbolt, T131,and T-34-85M crews have all helped out my WR and the T20, VK3601H, and T-43 tanks they paired up with have all improved their A.Dmg and A.Exp stats since getting those crews.   

Premiums cost real money, but most times they're worth what they cost as they save all those research funds and credits to buy them or all the upgrades.   They don't require upgrade after upgrade until they're fully capable.   And a number of them come with a real deal, the zero-cost BIA crews like the T131 or Tbolt.    Those crews are a real benefit when it comes to training.   They only require about half the training battles regular crews take from day one.    Now that is a seriously good deal.

Crews seem to matter more the higher up the tiers you go.   Trouble is you need the crews when you start fighting in those higher tiers.   That was clear when I got a T8 Premium to help train crews.    

GL

Edited by da_Rock002, Nov 13 2017 - 05:55.

cocobabygirl #9 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 19:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6392 battles
  • [D0OM] D0OM
WOW Da_rock002 Thank you so much for your great input.  Now that you dissected my problem I understand how and what I have to do with the future purchase of my tanks.  It's great when someone who knows better that I can learn from everyone's kindness of explaining.  Lol had a real bad day of chosen teams yesterday to get anything working with the new tanks I acquired.  It  looks a lot worse than it was but because of players quitting before the battle even starts I got pounded.  Don't understand how match maker starts out so good and fairly even than bam not even close had a battle 2 players for us over 50% compared to 9 players over 50% on other team.

da_Rock002 #10 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 00:38

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5217 battles

View Postcocobabygirl, on Nov 13 2017 - 13:41, said:

WOW Da_rock002 Thank you so much for your great input.  Now that you dissected my problem I understand how and what I have to do with the future purchase of my tanks.  It's great when someone who knows better that I can learn from everyone's kindness of explaining.  Lol had a real bad day of chosen teams yesterday to get anything working with the new tanks I acquired.  It  looks a lot worse than it was but because of players quitting before the battle even starts I got pounded.  Don't understand how match maker starts out so good and fairly even than bam not even close had a battle 2 players for us over 50% compared to 9 players over 50% on other team.

Glad it helped.   When I was starting to realize there was more to the game than just the tanks (like the right equipment, trained crews with the right skills for each tank, learning the maps, learning weak points, avoiding upper tier vehicles, view distance, camo values, arty avoidance and a few more things) the thing that was the most screwed up were my handling of crews.   I must have heard how great Premiums were for training crews a million times.   Every time anyone asked how good some Premium was the bottom line was always, "you can always train crews in it".    I jumped right on the next Premium that caught my eye, cause it was going to open the world of crew training.    Turned out it wasn't a good fit for any of my regular tank's crews, and to heap the pile higher, it didn't work with any further up the tech tree. 

So then the first one I found that would match up to a regular tank's crew I wanted to train up turned out to be one of the worst tanks in it's tier.  So I started looking at all the premiums available right away and felt that most weren't exactly what I needed to be spending real money on.    I needed halfway balanced tanks 'cause I had no idea how to fight tanks with paper armor or pathetic guns or terrible speed or any of the things that shorten newbies lives in battle.    The Premium quandary taught me the value of the Comparison tool in the game.   It also taught me to use vBAddict's tank spec comparator.      From my present point of view, I've focused my WoT game on the US, German, and Russian trees because of the crew training deal and the availability of Premiums. 

BTW, you mention what match maker does.....    MM seems to be seriously influenced as to what it spits out by the time of day, whether it's a weekend or not, how many players are on the queue when you hit the BATTLE button, and a bunch of other things.    A number of players have reported on their experiences.   It appears everyone gets a heavy ration of blowouts.   Nobody knows why, although a bunch of the WoT fanboys will shovel you under explaining why it isn't happening, isn't happening a lot, doesn't happen to them, doesn't happen to 'gud' players, that it'll get better soon as the magic random wand passes over your pc, etc etc.       It's a really complex game that has a lot to offer.   Don't let the idea there is some motive behind anything WG puts out.   What the game does isn't personal.    It's not fair either.   Or consistent.   It is a marketing monster however.   And has great graphics and special effects, and you can drive tanks around and shoot other tanks until hell freezes over.      Work on your crews and you'll discover you hit more and get hit less.   Keep in mind that right now the WG home office is seeing signs of winter.   .....  it will be frozen over soon. 

glad I helped....

Edited by da_Rock002, Nov 14 2017 - 12:35.

Griffon327327 #11 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 09:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 70828 battles

if you place a crew into another tank that isnt a premium there is a penalty for the primary skill (gunner driver loader etc..) all secondary skills perform as normal

a lot of people will say this isnt so and secondary skills dont work .. this is bull .take a heavy tank commander with 6th sense and place him in any tank .. lets say a TD .. he will get a penalty but his 5th sense skill works and if you dont belive simply verify yourself ..

if you happen to be using 96k dial up telephone internet 6th sense will always go off after you are dead :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users