Could this game be saved?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Raspian #1 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 18:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 31145 battles

Server merge, less players now that before on a regular basis.  Bad MM for certain reasons (tier 8, any platoon)  and a seemingly blind eye to mods that make so many "how the F**k" moments in game. it makes you wonder if your camo failed or that Tundra mod the enemy might have is working as intended.  Ban all mods (yes xvm you too) get a program in place to scan game files for unauthorized entries and call it a day.  You may lose many but gain a bunch back and get new players to a game that is solely based on a players ability and existing un-modded game mechanics.

I am losing the enjoyment of the game and i'm not even an average player,  but its hard to improve, help clan mates when your not sure if it was the game play or the enemy mod that raised a question.

LeaveIT2Beaver #2 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 19:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 28284 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG
I love the game - I would like to see all mods kicked out of battle play. But I would miss my garage mod. 

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Nov 12 2017 - 19:02.

Raspian #3 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 19:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 31145 battles
Everyone wants attention i see. 

GeorgePreddy #4 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 19:07

Major

• Players
  • 14291 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View PostRaspian, on Nov 12 2017 - 14:58, said:

...so many "how the F**k" moments in game. 

...working as intended.  

...game that is solely based on a players ability and existing

game mechanics.

i'm not even an average player,  but its hard to improve...

These are the operative phrases in my opinion.

Raspian #5 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 19:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 31145 battles

And what is your point to quoting,  It's more of agree or disagree if the game can be salvage knowing its a straight up legit unmodded game.

NiteDog #6 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 19:15

Major

• Players
  • 26934 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
I am staying and enjoying this game until the end. Somewhat like real life.

Gunadie #7 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 19:18

Major

• Players
  • 37622 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

When you start thinking of this as anything more than a game you lose perspective

This is nothing more than a game designed to make money any you are at the mercy of its administration and the path they choose for

their designers and developers to follow.

Play the game as anything more and you will only frustrate yourself.

Don't get caught up in the missions and gobly guuk as this is intended only to keep players playing to artificially inflate their server stats.

There are many things you should be doing to develop and enhance your life that don't involve Wot or video games

Find them and embrace that other part of your life to achieve balance and harmony

Wot is only a game not a life style and if you are getting that frustrated then its your own mind telling you to "step away" for a while.

Mudman24 #8 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 19:21

Major

• Players
  • 36183 battles
In all my games I’ve probably had about 2 of the wthmoments where I thought someone might be cheating. If you have a good understanding of the game mechanics you find legitimate answers for what happens in battles, rather than blaming everything on mods.

Tolos #9 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 19:27

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostRaspian, on Nov 12 2017 - 17:58, said:

Server merge, less players now that before on a regular basis.  Bad MM for certain reasons (tier 8, any platoon)  and a seemingly blind eye to mods that make so many "how the F**k" moments in game. it makes you wonder if your camo failed or that Tundra mod the enemy might have is working as intended.  Ban all mods (yes xvm you too) get a program in place to scan game files for unauthorized entries and call it a day.  You may lose many but gain a bunch back and get new players to a game that is solely based on a players ability and existing un-modded game mechanics.

I am losing the enjoyment of the game and i'm not even an average player,  but its hard to improve, help clan mates when your not sure if it was the game play or the enemy mod that raised a question.

Maybe you're just not as good as you think you are or know the game as well as you think you do. So you shout " cheat " when you're outplayed. 

Raspian #10 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 19:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 31145 battles
I even say in my post i am not even an average player.  and i am not shouting "cheat" every outplayed moment.  Some moments IMO cant be explained but mechanics of the game.  My point is simply if the game didn't allow mods period, would the player base see a resurgence in numbers. In my small handful of players that i have known i have had several say they are done playing until things get fixed...whatever they may be.  

Mudman24 #11 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 19:41

Major

• Players
  • 36183 battles

View PostRaspian, on Nov 12 2017 - 12:35, said:

I even say in my post i am not even an average player.  and i am not shouting "cheat" every outplayed moment.  Some moments IMO cant be explained but mechanics of the game.  My point is simply if the game didn't allow mods period, would the player base see a resurgence in numbers. In my small handful of players that i have known i have had several say they are done playing until things get fixed...whatever they may be.  

I would support a no mod policy but don’t think it would increase the population at all. Rarely do you see people quit because of mods. It’s usually burnout, mm, arty, rng, p2w, etc. 

_PM #12 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 19:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15254 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

How to get players back 101.

1. Remove Artillery

2. Limit RNG to 10% not 25%

3. Ban XVM

(Wow you've just regained players)

Trooper13 #13 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 20:08

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 24461 battles

View PostMudman24, on Nov 12 2017 - 10:41, said:

I would support a no mod policy but don’t think it would increase the population at all. Rarely do you see people quit because of mods. It’s usually burnout, mm, arty, rng, p2w, etc.

The mods per se don't cause people to quit, I agree.  But a ripple effect is one that shows another players stats and that led to elitism and poor mouthing others abilities by some of the more immature players.  It was so bad for a while a lot left the game.

Slim_Shadee #14 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 20:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6267 battles

I have not really logged in to play in a long time I played one match the other day. I stopped at 6000 matches. Cheats are there but probably rare. The mods (legal) mystify me as why WG allows them for anything in match ( garage doesn't matter). What made me just stop: Game requires a lot of time to actually get good ( which is great its a challenge keeps players interest) but this isn't for everyone. It takes a dedication that many players don't want to give or cant. The game is very broken ( but its the same for everyone) and it doesn't seem to be a way of fixing it beside go back and redo virtually everything. The support in this game is as bad as I have seen ever. The fractional management ( NA, Eu, Ru) makes many issues that a single consolidated management team would not have. The general player population has become "trained" in the mandatory blame/shame/complain in match chat as its always someone else s fault to the extent they complain before a match even starts. The open public statistical results only adds to this. The populations factional divisions based on what I think is the most toxic mod in the game XVM is very bad for casual less skilled players. The elitist attitude in game based again on color segregation from XVM creates even more issues.

The game should and can be fun but a entitled segment population and WG seems to be doing everything possible to kill it. Yet it remains online and healthy on most servers.

Frankly I attribute the success to a total lack of any real competition. It s beautiful game graphically. It has some great diversity in type of tanks ( even with many of them being mythical) with a logical progression for most part in tech tree. But when someone puts out a tank game that matches the best points of this with less of the issues it will dry up overnight on all servers except the RU loyalists.

It doesn't need saving it will be around for years or until another game matches its good points, adds some decent management with actual customer service.

Just my opinion from the outside since I have not been actively involved in the game for a while.

Edited by Slim_Shadee, Nov 12 2017 - 20:15.

Hellsfog #15 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 20:18

Major

• Players
  • 31184 battles
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U

View PostRaspian, on Nov 12 2017 - 12:58, said:

Once you stop trying to blame cheats or mods or hacks and look at your own play, you will improve and find the game more fun.  Those wthmoments are usually rng or your own [edited]play or simply bad luck. The difference between you and me is not skill but that I don't blame the boogeyman. 

Try this idea over the next month.  Whenever you have a wthmoment and think it's a cheat of some kind, make a thread entitled "What happened here? Please help" and post a replay.  Avoid claiming cheats/hacks or mods. Just simple, neutral questions like "How did I get spotted?" or "How come so and so didn't get spotted?" or "How did he find me?"  I think you'll find you get straight forward, helpful answers which will improve your play.

Slim_Shadee #16 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 20:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6267 battles

View PostTrooper13, on Nov 12 2017 - 19:08, said:

The mods per se don't cause people to quit, I agree.  But a ripple effect is one that shows another players stats and that led to elitism and poor mouthing others abilities by some of the more immature players.  It was so bad for a while a lot left the game.

I have no actual stats or reports to prove this its very much just IMO that XVM and arty ( not advocating removal but limit the number 2 or 1 to a match) are the absolute main reasons so many quit this game. Once you lose a customer most will never ever come back no matter what you change.

the_Deadly_Bulb #17 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 20:28

Major

• Players
  • 18452 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostRaspian, on Nov 12 2017 - 10:10, said:

And what is your point to quoting,  It's more of agree or disagree if the game can be salvage knowing its a straight up legit unmodded game.

His point was clear. You're snivelling. Clear enough?

To your assertion that you are not an average player. You are smack in the average zone. Wear it with pride, because there's no scraping it off.

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Nov 12 2017 - 20:29.

the_Deadly_Bulb #18 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 20:32

Major

• Players
  • 18452 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostHellsfog, on Nov 12 2017 - 11:18, said:

Once you stop trying to blame cheats or mods or hacks and look at your own play, you will improve and find the game more fun.  Those wthmoments are usually rng or your own [edited]play or simply bad luck. The difference between you and me is not skill but that I don't blame the boogeyman.

Try this idea over the next month.  Whenever you have a wthmoment and think it's a cheat of some kind, make a thread entitled "What happened here? Please help" and post a replay.  Avoid claiming cheats/hacks or mods. Just simple, neutral questions like "How did I get spotted?" or "How come so and so didn't get spotted?" or "How did he find me?"  I think you'll find you get straight forward, helpful answers which will improve your play.

Refreshingly concise and great advice. Thank you. :great:

VooDooKobra #19 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 20:34

Major

• Players
  • 6572 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185
One comment i make on a regular basis is do not post right away after a questionable moment, wait 24 hours then watch the replay to see is maybe the copula was sticking out or a wheen or the cover you thought was shot through wasnt but you were hit from a totally different direction.

Hellsfog #20 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 20:36

Major

• Players
  • 31184 battles
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U

View PostSlim_Shadee, on Nov 12 2017 - 14:23, said:

I have no actual stats or reports to prove this its very much just IMO that XVM and arty ( not advocating removal but limit the number 2 or 1 to a match) are the absolute main reasons so many quit this game. Once you lose a customer most will never ever come back no matter what you change.

This game has a high learning curve and isn't everyone's cup of tea.  I'm not a fan of in game stats but in game stats aren't responsible for dying after 2-3 shots.  Dying that fast isn't fun. Consistently losing and being used as an xp pinata isn't fun.   Why would anyone play a game that isn't fun for them?

Edited by Hellsfog, Nov 12 2017 - 20:40.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users