Jump to content


Is WoT catering to purple players?


  • Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Redwave11 #21 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 21:35

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 16809 battles
  • 503
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U
  • Member since:
    07-01-2015

View Post21Blackjack, on Nov 13 2017 - 06:30, said:

 

As you said the changes benefits those who can squeeze the most benefits out of them thus: the gap between the purple player and everyone else continues to widen.

 

 

 

Except the 'purple player community' isn't an exclusive club, yet you make the conscious decision not to improve and then complain about getting rolled by players who have put a little effort into performing well.

 

You seem to be seriously missing the points put forward by everyone in this thread. Which begs the question, Why did you make this post in the first place? Was it pure tin-foil hat ignorance? Was it a cry for help? or are you just trolling?



Asassian7 #22 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 21:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 23953 battles
  • 11,002
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011

View Post21Blackjack, on Nov 13 2017 - 08:30, said:

 

As you said the changes benefits those who can squeeze the most benefits out of them thus: the gap between the purple player and everyone else continues to widen.

 

 

So what? You want WG to stop releasing content? "Oh no Purples might actually be good at using this stuff we're about to release, better scrap it so we dont cater to them to much"

 

The only real argument you have is bonds, which no one wanted or needed anyway. 



21Blackjack #23 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 21:41

    Captain

  • Players
  • 18681 battles
  • 1,846
  • Member since:
    02-03-2012

View PostRedwave11, on Nov 12 2017 - 21:35, said:

 

Except the 'purple player community' isn't an exclusive club, yet you make the conscious decision not to improve and then complain about getting rolled by players who have put a little effort into performing well.

 

You seem to be seriously missing the points put forward by everyone in this thread. Which begs the question, Why did you make this post in the first place? Was it pure tin-foil hat ignorance? Was it a cry for help? or are you just trolling?

 

It would be nice to live in a world where everyone is a pro level player, but this is real life.  There will always be people worse than you, sometimes much worse than you, always.  Saying "git gud" over and over doesn't change reality.

 

I just believe that the larger playerbase will become sick of the constantly widening gap, not of skill level, but tanks and features that maximize those differences in skill level.  And they will leave.  And you can sit on your 1000 player server laughing about how no one "got good" until the servers get shut down.

 

Just please stop with the narcissism it's embarassing.



XVM_Camo_Net_ #24 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 21:42

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13440 battles
  • 308
  • [NICO] NICO
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012
Arty is more cancer if you ask me

RingZero #25 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 21:43

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 20218 battles
  • 2,309
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    05-30-2014

View Post21Blackjack, on Nov 12 2017 - 12:41, said:

 

It would be nice to live in a world where everyone is a pro level player, but this is real life.  There will always be people worse than you, sometimes much worse than you, always.  Saying "git gud" over and over doesn't change reality.

 

I just believe that the larger playerbase will become sick of the constantly widening gap, not of skill level, but tanks and features that maximize those differences in skill level.  And they will leave.  And you can sit on your 1000 player server laughing about how no one "got good" until the servers get shut down.

 

Just please stop with the narcissism it's embarassing.

 

Thats why RNG exists today.  It limits skill by injecting a +/-25% randomness to the game.



Wirbelfeld #26 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 21:44

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19939 battles
  • 1,055
  • [R-7] R-7
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011

View Post21Blackjack, on Nov 12 2017 - 20:02, said:

I noticed in the last year or so.  Most purple players complaints about certain things have been taken care of.  I think this has widened the skill/power gap between the average and the skilled players so much, that a normal casual player is just unable to contribute to a game anymore.

 

1. Arty is cancer

Arty has been rebalanced, and now with the new consumables, if you are hit by arty, you aren't crippled for the rest of the game.  Who benefits the most?  Usually the aggressive purple player who tries to take up a strong position early game.

 

2. Light tanks are too weak

Light tanks no longer have scout MM.  Meaning a purple in an LT can really dominate a game.  Premium LT's aren't rebalanced, meaning a purples skill level is magnified even more in the high skill cap LT's.

 

3. Light tanks go up to tier 10

Some of them have as much armor as a Tier 10 medium, so purple players with a full crew driving these highly maneuverable tanks get the most out of them, catering to high skill cap again.

 

4. Bonds.

Who benefits the most from the bond equipment and directives the most?  The players that can maximize the extra second reduction of reload time/viewrange.  So purples again.

 

It's especially apparent on the weekends when you see the weekend only players come out, and see them going against dark blue/purple platoons, with full skill, full bond equipped tanks with high skillcaps. 

Casual players in their favorite tank (sorry not meta) just have no chance, all you are doing is checking which side has the purple platoon and hoping you can get off a few shots before they decimate everyone.

 

 

1. I dont know how you can benefit from being perma stunned by three arty the entire game. Each arty hit still does 700 damage and reloads quicker now and is more accurate. How can you say its better for purples now?

 

2. Which light tank as much armor as a tier 10 medium? And no one is stopping average players from playing light tanks. If it is so overpowered, why dont you pick one up and play it.

 

Basically you are advocating for a game based on pure RNG and no skill. If thats what you want, go to your local casino and waste your time there. Smart plays should be rewarded. There needs to be a gap between skilled players and dumb players.



ThePigSheFlies #27 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 21:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 59076 battles
  • 14,442
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View Post21Blackjack, on Nov 12 2017 - 15:02, said:

I noticed in the last year or so.  Most purple players complaints about certain things have been taken care of.  I think this has widened the skill/power gap between the average and the skilled players so much, that a normal casual player is just unable to contribute to a game anymore.

 

1. Arty is cancer

Arty has been rebalanced, and now with the new consumables, if you are hit by arty, you aren't crippled for the rest of the game.  Who benefits the most?  Usually the aggressive purple player who tries to take up a strong position early game.  Arty absolutely trashes paper tanks still, many favored by highly skilled players for their flexibility.  In fact arty now most often flat out ignores hurr durr heavies since 9.18 from what I saw since 9.18 dropped, and continue to see on twitch streams

 

2. Light tanks are too weak

Light tanks no longer have scout MM.  Meaning a purple in an LT can really dominate a game.  Premium LT's aren't rebalanced, meaning a purples skill level is magnified even more in the high skill cap LT's.  LTs don't have sustainability and often have lower dpm - both contribute heavily to a unicum ending up with a substandard game, especially on tiny / funnel maps.

 

3. Light tanks go up to tier 10

Some of them have as much armor as a Tier 10 medium, so purple players with a full crew driving these highly maneuverable tanks get the most out of them, catering to high skill cap again.  Most unicums strongly feel that the tier 10 LTs are tier for tier, worse than the tier 9s...

 

4. Bonds.

Who benefits the most from the bond equipment and directives the most?  The players that can maximize the extra second reduction of reload time/viewrange.  So purples again.  virtually every purple player I have chatted with on the forums, on twitch, or in game feels that bonds were a poor decision - how in the world would you drag bonds into a discussion about "catering to purple players" when the vast majority do not want, nor do they need this unnecessary complication...

 

It's especially apparent on the weekends when you see the weekend only players come out, and see them going against dark blue/purple platoons, with full skill, full bond equipped tanks with high skillcaps.   literally laughed out loud.  "full bond equipped tanks" - the only time I have seen a purple streamer spamming games with more than directives applied, it was whilst try-harding at 3marking a tank.

Casual players in their favorite tank (sorry not meta) just have no chance, all you are doing is checking which side has the purple platoon and hoping you can get off a few shots before they decimate everyone.

 

 

most of the purple players like competitive play.  there is literally nothing competitive about pubs, and the only reason they play them the majority of time is for streaming, credit/crew grinding - or rarely a tank grind.  speaking of competitive play.  the former "top clans" tried to tell wargaming that clanwars 2.0 was a disastrous idea.  wargaming ignored them.  so, said players started clan hopping for campaigns, and/or playing tourneys for gold instead of duking it out on the global map...  what's wargaming do?  they nerf gold payouts on tourney's...

 

yeah, in summary it sure seems like wargaming is pandering to purples...  

 

massive-eye-roll...



Asassian7 #28 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 21:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 23953 battles
  • 11,002
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011

View Post21Blackjack, on Nov 13 2017 - 08:41, said:

 

It would be nice to live in a world where everyone is a pro level player, but this is real life.  There will always be people worse than you, sometimes much worse than you, always.  Saying "git gud" over and over doesn't change reality.

 

I just believe that the larger playerbase will become sick of the constantly widening gap, not of skill level, but tanks and features that maximize those differences in skill level.  And they will leave.  And you can sit on your 1000 player server laughing about how no one "got good" until the servers get shut down.

 

Just please stop with the narcissism it's embarassing.

The fact of the matter is, there are so many people in this game satisfied with mediocrity, that anyone who actually wanted to could easily start learning to improve. There will still be plenty of others who dont care enough to get good that you wont effect the whole "someone has to lose" concept. 



21Blackjack #29 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 21:49

    Captain

  • Players
  • 18681 battles
  • 1,846
  • Member since:
    02-03-2012

View PostWirbelfeld, on Nov 12 2017 - 21:44, said:

 

1. I dont know how you can benefit from being perma stunned by three arty the entire game. Each arty hit still does 700 damage and reloads quicker now and is more accurate. How can you say its better for purples now?

 

2. Which light tank as much armor as a tier 10 medium? And no one is stopping average players from playing light tanks. If it is so overpowered, why dont you pick one up and play it.

 

Basically you are advocating for a game based on pure RNG and no skill. If thats what you want, go to your local casino and waste your time there. Smart plays should be rewarded. There needs to be a gap between skilled players and dumb players.

 

This isn't a binary argument.  It's about a happy medium.  Enough so that skilled players can use their skill, but enough so that average players can contribute instead of being complete dead weight.

Asassian7 #30 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 21:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 23953 battles
  • 11,002
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Nov 13 2017 - 08:46, said:

 

most of the purple players like competitive play.  there is literally nothing competitive about pubs, and the only reason they play them the majority of time is for streaming, credit/crew grinding - or rarely a tank grind.  speaking of competitive play.  the former "top clans" tried to tell wargaming that clanwars 2.0 was a disastrous idea.  wargaming ignored them.  so, said players started clan hopping for campaigns, and/or playing tourneys for gold instead of duking it out on the global map...  what's wargaming do?  they nerf gold payouts on tourney's...

 

yeah, in summary it sure seems like wargaming is pandering to purples...  

 

massive-eye-roll...

Dont forget that make you play several hours of strongholds a day just to be able to play on the map. 

 

And they keep releasing dumb low skill floor low skill ceiling tanks like the japanese heavies. 

 

 



9999bc #31 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 21:51

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 31433 battles
  • 456
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

WG serving the wishes of purple players?

Is that why I see so many gold ammo from purple players? As much as from red players!

I wonder who is complaining about gold ammo these days.



21Blackjack #32 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 21:51

    Captain

  • Players
  • 18681 battles
  • 1,846
  • Member since:
    02-03-2012

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Nov 12 2017 - 21:46, said:

 

most of the purple players like competitive play.  there is literally nothing competitive about pubs, and the only reason they play them the majority of time is for streaming, credit/crew grinding - or rarely a tank grind.  speaking of competitive play.  the former "top clans" tried to tell wargaming that clanwars 2.0 was a disastrous idea.  wargaming ignored them.  so, said players started clan hopping for campaigns, and/or playing tourneys for gold instead of duking it out on the global map...  what's wargaming do?  they nerf gold payouts on tourney's...

 

yeah, in summary it sure seems like wargaming is pandering to purples...  

 

massive-eye-roll...

 

I don't know what the purple players say to Wargaming, because firstly, I'm not a Purple player, and as you've seen, Wargaming doesn't listen to American English speaking players.

 



Redwave11 #33 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 21:53

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 16809 battles
  • 503
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U
  • Member since:
    07-01-2015

View Post21Blackjack, on Nov 13 2017 - 06:49, said:

 

This isn't a binary argument.  It's about a happy medium.  Enough so that skilled players can use their skill, but enough so that average players can contribute instead of being complete dead weight.

 

Only the worst players are complete dead weight. Really anyone over 1400wn8 can have a decent impact on the game and can generally be relied on to know where shots will be and be able to pen those shots. The only difference between green and purple is being able to do that consistently without taking damage.

 

View Post21Blackjack, on Nov 13 2017 - 06:51, said:

 

I don't know what the purple players say to Wargaming, because firstly, I'm not a Purple player, and as you've seen, Wargaming doesn't listen to American English speaking players.

 

Or maybe they just don't listen to you, i could certainly understand why.


Edited by Redwave11, Nov 12 2017 - 21:54.


Mudman24 #34 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 21:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 36183 battles
  • 11,862
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012
If WG catered to purples, they wouldn’t have screwed up CW. When they did, many good players left. When CW was vibrant, there were many more purples.

Kliphie #35 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 21:55

    Captain

  • Players
  • 28148 battles
  • 1,532
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012
The counter to that list is the recent armor buffs, they tend to help the lower end of the spectrum.  

ThePigSheFlies #36 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 21:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 59076 battles
  • 14,442
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View Post21Blackjack, on Nov 12 2017 - 15:51, said:

 

I don't know what the purple players say to Wargaming, because firstly, I'm not a Purple player, and as you've seen, Wargaming doesn't listen to American English speaking players.

 

 

the feedback about LT Expansion, bonds, tourney's and clanwars 2.0 didn't require one to be purple to see.  it was posted about frequently during the testing periods for each...

 

but to your point, you're correct, they don't listen to American English speaking players - including the purples that have a next level understanding of the game, the mechanics, and the meta...



XVM_Camo_Net_ #37 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 22:11

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13440 battles
  • 308
  • [NICO] NICO
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012
*Makes post saying wargaming is serving Unicums* *Gets yelled at by all the unicums on the fourms*

ArtofTanks #38 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 22:13

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 13153 battles
  • 518
  • Member since:
    09-10-2014

View Post21Blackjack, on Nov 12 2017 - 15:02, said:

I noticed in the last year or so.  Most purple players complaints about certain things have been taken care of.  I think this has widened the skill/power gap between the average and the skilled players so much, that a normal casual player is just unable to contribute to a game anymore.

 

1. Arty is cancer

Arty has been rebalanced, and now with the new consumables, if you are hit by arty, you aren't crippled for the rest of the game.  Who benefits the most?  Usually the aggressive purple player who tries to take up a strong position early game.

 

2. Light tanks are too weak

Light tanks no longer have scout MM.  Meaning a purple in an LT can really dominate a game.  Premium LT's aren't rebalanced, meaning a purples skill level is magnified even more in the high skill cap LT's.

 

3. Light tanks go up to tier 10

Some of them have as much armor as a Tier 10 medium, so purple players with a full crew driving these highly maneuverable tanks get the most out of them, catering to high skill cap again.

 

4. Bonds.

Who benefits the most from the bond equipment and directives the most?  The players that can maximize the extra second reduction of reload time/viewrange.  So purples again.

 

It's especially apparent on the weekends when you see the weekend only players come out, and see them going against dark blue/purple platoons, with full skill, full bond equipped tanks with high skillcaps. 

Casual players in their favorite tank (sorry not meta) just have no chance, all you are doing is checking which side has the purple platoon and hoping you can get off a few shots before they decimate everyone.

 

 

So what are your ideas on changes that will only or mostly benefit non purples?

JOSEPHINEISH #39 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 22:21

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 19226 battles
  • 956
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM
  • Member since:
    01-09-2016
Tier X LTS are a joke Im more afraid of T49s than I am a tier X Lts regaurdless of who is driving them lol

Edited by JOSEPHINEISH, Nov 12 2017 - 22:24.


Asassian7 #40 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 22:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 23953 battles
  • 11,002
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011

View PostArtofTanks, on Nov 13 2017 - 09:13, said:

 

So what are your ideas on changes that will only or mostly benefit non purples?
  • Keep buffing armour on literally everything
  • Introduce big derp guns that dont require aiming
  • Make combat distances closer and limit the abuse of the ever hard to understand vision and camo system

 

Oh wait, those all already exist.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users