Is WoT catering to purple players?

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

PoliticallyIncorrectName #41 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 22:24

Captain

• Players
  • 55214 battles

View Post21Blackjack, on Nov 12 2017 - 20:02, said:

I noticed in the last year or so.  Most purple players complaints about certain things have been taken care of.  I think this has widened the skill/power gap between the average and the skilled players so much, that a normal casual player is just unable to contribute to a game anymore.

1. Arty is cancer

Arty has been rebalanced, and now with the new consumables, if you are hit by arty, you aren't crippled for the rest of the game.  Who benefits the most?  Usually the aggressive purple player who tries to take up a strong position early game.

2. Light tanks are too weak

Light tanks no longer have scout MM.  Meaning a purple in an LT can really dominate a game.  Premium LT's aren't rebalanced, meaning a purples skill level is magnified even more in the high skill cap LT's.

3. Light tanks go up to tier 10

Some of them have as much armor as a Tier 10 medium, so purple players with a full crew driving these highly maneuverable tanks get the most out of them, catering to high skill cap again.

4. Bonds.

Who benefits the most from the bond equipment and directives the most?  The players that can maximize the extra second reduction of reload time/viewrange.  So purples again.

It's especially apparent on the weekends when you see the weekend only players come out, and see them going against dark blue/purple platoons, with full skill, full bond equipped tanks with high skillcaps. 

Casual players in their favorite tank (sorry not meta) just have no chance, all you are doing is checking which side has the purple platoon and hoping you can get off a few shots before they decimate everyone.

I swear, this is the biggest pile of bull-youknowwhat I've read whole week.

1. Yes, you are crippled, because with better accuracy, splash and RoF you're getting your crew knowcked out much often + stunned. That prevents from moving, spotting or shooting effectively. Who benefits the most? Lemon/tomato sitting redline enjoying his satellite death cannon. Who suffers the most? Good players trying to hold critical positions of map getting pummeled by arty. Even if you don't get hit, the stun for 15 seconds effectively knocks you out of game. So yeah,arty was, is and will be cancer.

2. Purple player can dominate game in any tank, even M3 Lee. Premium LT's weren't rebalanced for purples and everybody else alike. So no, not only purple players benefit from this. Another invalid point.

3. None of the LT has "as much armor as T10 mediums". Another invalid point. Having at least 2 perk crew is natural occurence as you have to grind quite a lot towards T10, which trains the crew. So there's no advantage for purples either. See point no.2. 

4. Who benefits the most? players willing to play ranked battles with full premium ammo spam. Who benefits the most? Purples? No. People who can afford to pay for premium tanks and play them so much that they can outweight the credit loses in ranked. 

Darkblue/purple platoons are so rare that even despite doing all three lines of marathon, I rarely bump into one (and I'm soloing).

Casual players are casual for reason. I'm not great player myself, I just look at map and act accordingly. That is the only difference between casual and upper-level player in this game as RNG mitigates 90% of skill required for aiming.

I'm not having a go at others, but it is incredible that permagreen with many hundreds of games in mid-tier LTs (those that are the most OP tier-for tier btw) tries to cry here because he was outskilled by purple in tank two tiers lower than his.

madogthefirst #42 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 22:25

Major

• Players
  • 21676 battles
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE

View PostAsassian7, on Nov 12 2017 - 12:10, said:

The arty changes benefit everyone. It makes arty more fun for the arty player because theres less RNG involved, and more fun for the tank player because it doesnt run your game randomly. Most of the time.

Stun is cancer, just saying. I was perfectly happy before stun.

Sgt__Guffy #43 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 22:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1792 battles

The Op's assertion flies in the face that WG have catered to the masses to maximize profitability. I think good players will get themselves a good deal in spite of what WG do, rather than because of what they do. Ranked battles were probably an incentive to keep the core playerbase happy, but it did not exactly get a ringing endorsement did it!

24cups #44 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 22:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20795 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
If I play all day I may see 2 or 3 purples total in that time, mostly reds, yellows and greens. So it really doesn't make a difference.

21Blackjack #45 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 22:27

Captain

• Players
  • 18664 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Nov 12 2017 - 21:56, said:

the feedback about LT Expansion, bonds, tourney's and clanwars 2.0 didn't require one to be purple to see.  it was posted about frequently during the testing periods for each...

but to your point, you're correct, they don't listen to American English speaking players - including the purples that have a next level understanding of the game, the mechanics, and the meta...

Do you think this is some sort of Purple hate thread or something?  I'm simply pointing out the changes that would indicate that WG is helping the Purples the most and addressing some of their concerns.

View PostArtofTanks, on Nov 12 2017 - 22:13, said:

So what are your ideas on changes that will only or mostly benefit non purples?

It will help non-purples against non-purples, purples will just press 2 when they know they have a pen problem to deal with. As they usually do.

21Blackjack #46 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 22:30

Captain

• Players
  • 18664 battles

View PostPoliticallyIncorrectName, on Nov 12 2017 - 22:24, said:

I swear, this is the biggest pile of bull-youknowwhat I've read whole week.

1. Yes, you are crippled, because with better accuracy, splash and RoF you're getting your crew knowcked out much often + stunned. That prevents from moving, spotting or shooting effectively. Who benefits the most? Lemon/tomato sitting redline enjoying his satellite death cannon. Who suffers the most? Good players trying to hold critical positions of map getting pummeled by arty. Even if you don't get hit, the stun for 15 seconds effectively knocks you out of game. So yeah,arty was, is and will be cancer.

2. Purple player can dominate game in any tank, even M3 Lee. Premium LT's weren't rebalanced for purples and everybody else alike. So no, not only purple players benefit from this. Another invalid point.

3. None of the LT has "as much armor as T10 mediums". Another invalid point. Having at least 2 perk crew is natural occurence as you have to grind quite a lot towards T10, which trains the crew. So there's no advantage for purples either. See point no.2. 

4. Who benefits the most? players willing to play ranked battles with full premium ammo spam. Who benefits the most? Purples? No. People who can afford to pay for premium tanks and play them so much that they can outweight the credit loses in ranked. 

Darkblue/purple platoons are so rare that even despite doing all three lines of marathon, I rarely bump into one (and I'm soloing).

Casual players are casual for reason. I'm not great player myself, I just look at map and act accordingly. That is the only difference between casual and upper-level player in this game as RNG mitigates 90% of skill required for aiming.

I'm not having a go at others, but it is incredible that permagreen with many hundreds of games in mid-tier LTs (those that are the most OP tier-for tier btw) tries to cry here because he was outskilled by purple in tank two tiers lower than his.

I would agree with you that it's about money.  But I think it's people that have invested the most time and money into improving their stats that they are targetting.  They are the whales.  If they hear about a new OP premium they can squeeze a few more percentage points into their PVP profile, they'll do it.

Tolos #47 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 22:33

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View Post21Blackjack, on Nov 12 2017 - 21:30, said:

I would agree with you that it's about money.  But I think it's people that have invested the most time and money into improving their stats that they are targetting.  They are the whales.  If they hear about a new OP premium they can squeeze a few more percentage points into their PVP profile, they'll do it.

You assume a hell of a lot here.

21Blackjack #48 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 22:41

Captain

• Players
  • 18664 battles

View PostTolos, on Nov 12 2017 - 22:33, said:

You assume a hell of a lot here.

I'm not a fool, I've read unicums discussing how bad bonds were for the game, right before immediately theorycrafting how many extra shots they can now get out between reloads, how much extra damage they'll be able to get out each match.  

They were virtually drooling over it.

DOAmaker #49 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 22:46

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16817 battles
  • [TCH] TCH

I noticed in the last year or so.  Most purple players complaints about certain things have been taken care of.  I think this has widened the skill/power gap between the average and the skilled players so much, that a normal casual player is just unable to contribute to a game anymore.

1. Arty is cancer

Arty has been rebalanced, and now with the new consumables, if you are hit by arty, you aren't crippled for the rest of the game.  Who benefits the most?  Usually the aggressive purple player who tries to take up a strong position early game.

Light tanks no longer have scout MM.  Meaning a purple in an LT can really dominate a game.  Premium LT's aren't rebalanced, meaning a purples skill level is magnified even more in the high skill cap LT's.

Some of them have as much armor as a Tier 10 medium, so purple players with a full crew driving these highly maneuverable tanks get the most out of them, catering to high skill cap again.

4. Bonds.

Who benefits the most from the bond equipment and directives the most?  The players that can maximize the extra second reduction of reload time/viewrange.  So purples again.

It's especially apparent on the weekends when you see the weekend only players come out, and see them going against dark blue/purple platoons, with full skill, full bond equipped tanks with high skillcaps. 

Casual players in their favorite tank (sorry not meta) just have no chance, all you are doing is checking which side has the purple platoon and hoping you can get off a few shots before they decimate everyone.

1.  Arty was always a broken mech, but not just purple players had the problem with arty in fact most of the ones that poke are the below average players, the purple ones hated getting hit by the arty players that had the patience to wait and time it when they poked.

2.  WG spotting was broken back in beta, and the idea of a true scouting tank, or even a flanking medium force on the 1k or less map sizes that WG stuck with for many years was a joke.  Also many of the so called scout tanks were simply light tanks in WWII it was WG that created the idea they would act as a scout and face tanks they were never designed to face.  Think about this what good is it to be in a tank with a gun and rounds that can not pen 60% or more of the types of armor it may see in battle.

3. I stopped play a while ago for other reasons and only get on once in a great while to play with friends, but last I knew everyone has the ability to max their crew out, everyone has the chance to learn to play well in the game.

4. Not even sure why you would think that the purple players are magically faster and better skilled than everyone else, we all can get better and not all of us could be purple.

Advice:  There are plenty of videos out there of good players giving tips that can help someone get better, also when you die you can watch a purple player and see what it is they do that makes them more successful.  Lastly if you are so unhappy with the game, there are other ones out there do like I have done play one of those. 

Most Purple players are purple because they are that good, only a fraction have high stats from illegal mods, stat padding, seal clubbing in low tier tanks which were things that were done in the past.   WG has over the years has listened to one group or another to often but that seems to have changed to where they are trying to listen to the community and also make things work which is hard to do.

Asassian7 #50 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 22:52

Major

• Players
  • 23937 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View Postmadogthefirst, on Nov 13 2017 - 09:25, said:

Stun is cancer, just saying. I was perfectly happy before stun.

Id rather have stun than what it was before myself. 

Asassian7 #51 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 22:54

Major

• Players
  • 23937 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View Post21Blackjack, on Nov 13 2017 - 09:41, said:

I'm not a fool, I've read unicums discussing how bad bonds were for the game, right before immediately theorycrafting how many extra shots they can now get out between reloads, how much extra damage they'll be able to get out each match.  

They were virtually drooling over it.

Why would they not? They're a terrible idea. But why would you not figure out the best way to use every single little possible advantage you can? Thats the whole reason they're purple.

madogthefirst #52 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 23:04

Major

• Players
  • 21676 battles
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE

View PostAsassian7, on Nov 12 2017 - 13:52, said:

Id rather have stun than what it was before myself. 

I'd rather be one shotted than perma stunned, and besides being one shotted was rare for me.

Slone #53 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 23:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17062 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

5. No more Silver or Bronze League. Can't have the <crappers> playing competitively and winning gold.

6. The 3/5/7 MM where good players can compensate for being bottom tier half the time, while the average player or less really struggles. Being on an unbalanced, crap team occasionally is no big deal, but having to be bottom tier constantly REALLY sucks for the average to lower skilled player.

7. Only T10 CW. See # 5 above, can't allow the <crappers> to compete in the End Game Content. 

ThePigSheFlies #54 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 23:26

Major

• Players
  • 59076 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Post21Blackjack, on Nov 12 2017 - 16:27, said:

Do you think this is some sort of Purple hate thread or something?  I'm simply pointing out the changes that would indicate that WG is helping the Purples the most and addressing some of their concerns.

It will help non-purples against non-purples, purples will just press 2 when they know they have a pen problem to deal with. As they usually do.

except it's not.  they have actually made the game exponentially easier for the hurrdurr crowd.

virtually every map is tiny, and a funnel - thereby making decision making processes even less important.

vision games and slow play is non existent.  again, requiring very little decision making processes or skill.

they over buffed many of the super heavies, created an entire line of HE only heavies making it so they wouldn't even have to aim, and then on top of that nerfed arty damage to armor.

literally every change they have made in the last 3 years has been to dumb down the game.  that's not something that 'caters to purples'

Mudman24 #55 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 23:31

Major

• Players
  • 36161 battles

View Postmadogthefirst, on Nov 12 2017 - 16:04, said:

I'd rather be one shotted than perma stunned, and besides being one shotted was rare for me.

Same. 

Nixeldon #56 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 23:31

Captain

• Players
  • 52929 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Nov 12 2017 - 17:26, said:

literally every change they have made in the last 3 years has been to dumb down the game.  that's not something that 'caters to purples'

^^^This

Bigboy2013 #57 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 23:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 28108 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-

What about the introduction of the Type 4 and Type 5 tanks? Not needing to aim or know weak spots is definitely not catering to bad players. Neither is the frontal armor, which can shrug off most standard ammo in the game. These tanks have such high skill caps that only purples can do well with it. No other segment of the player population can possibly derp their way to 3000 or 4000 damage. 

Wirbelfeld #58 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 00:23

Captain

• Players
  • 19922 battles
  • [R-7] R-7

View Post21Blackjack, on Nov 12 2017 - 20:49, said:

This isn't a binary argument.  It's about a happy medium.  Enough so that skilled players can use their skill, but enough so that average players can contribute instead of being complete dead weight.

In that case how do purple players lose games even when there is no purple o n the enemy team

Viserion_Dies #59 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 00:40

Major

• Players
  • 30174 battles
  • [FADED] FADED

1. Arty is cancer

4. Bonds.

whatever good players want, WG does the opposite. you should know that by now

21Blackjack #60 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 00:41

Captain

• Players
  • 18664 battles

View PostAsassian7, on Nov 12 2017 - 22:54, said:

Why would they not? They're a terrible idea. But why would you not figure out the best way to use every single little possible advantage you can? Thats the whole reason they're purple.

Yes, as I've said, just because the most skilled players didn't ask for it, doesn't mean they aren't going to take advantage of it.  What use is an extra second of reload to a green?  Virtually none.  I know skilled players never asked for some of these changes, but they still got them.  They aren't disgusted with the game and leaving.

View PostBigboy2013, on Nov 12 2017 - 23:33, said:

What about the introduction of the Type 4 and Type 5 tanks? Not needing to aim or know weak spots is definitely not catering to bad players. Neither is the frontal armor, which can shrug off most standard ammo in the game. These tanks have such high skill caps that only purples can do well with it. No other segment of the player population can possibly derp their way to 3000 or 4000 damage. 

When an orange player rolls into the open in their type 4 thinking they are invincible, I'm sure the purple players go "oh look, free xp", the orange player will be mad he died, but he won't leave the game, because at least his standard derp ammo did some damage.  I mean, you still need someone to farm right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users