New Matchmaker Mode Suggestion for Variety.

Matchmaker;

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ridonkulous05 #1 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 03:13

Private

• -Players-
  • 2464 battles

Greetings.

All of the gripes/complaints about matchmaker aside, I've been thinking about the possibility of a new matchmaking mode that I, personally, would find fun to play, every now and then...

Nothing changes about matchmaker or the game modes - I am sure that somebody else must have come up with this idea, but a search of the forum yielded little. I have (while lurking) noted some suggestions along what I had in mind while reading some "I hate arty/how to fix arty" threads.

My suggestion: Every once in a while, give me a game that is all of the same tank type as the tank that I have selected within my garage.

Meaning, - whether the matchmaker is all same tier, 5/10, or 3/5/7, make all of the tanks either SPGs, TDs, lights, heavies, or mediums. Why? Well, I have had to understand my tanks from the standpoint of, "If I am in 'X' tank, with 'Y' match-up, in 'Z' tier stack, then I play as 'A', 'B', or 'C'". Well, to me, it would be fun, now and then, to play exclusively among tanks of the same type, and figure out what features of my tank make it the "light", or "heavy", or "TD" equivalent within that construct.

For example: [For argument's sake]- Let's say that all of the tanks are heavies- the VK 100.01 P, Mauschen, and Maus all still play like heavies. The Tiger II and T26E5 play like mediums, and the AMX CDC plays like a light... {Yeah - I'm a newb, so my examples might not be the best, or my categorizations might not illustrate the best application}

In an all Arty match, those SPGs with the best speed and view range would have to take up the light tank role, and others might have to play outside of their comfort zone (sorry- still haven't played a single arty game, so I am only imagining at this point).

Anyhow, I think that it would make the game more interesting, and it could do so with little change to the current game or maps. In addition, it could relieve matchmaker during times when a server might be overloaded with any one tank type for "normal" matchmaking, reducing wait times.

I am a thick-skinned newb with an open mind. Is my idea totally garbage? Am I the only guy that would like this mode? Are there significant reasons that I am missing why this would not work? 

I invite feedback. Please contribute!

Thanks for reading this post! Good luck, and Have fun, all!

CapnNoahJoJo03 #2 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 03:27

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10125 battles
  • [CEASS] CEASS
Sounds dumb. But it also sounds fun to go 15v15 arty...

Xeraux #3 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 03:30

Major

• Players
  • 18964 battles

View PostCapnNoahJoJo03, on Nov 12 2017 - 18:27, said:

Sounds dumb. But it also sounds fun to go 15v15 arty...

That sounds amazing.

Now about the OP it sounds interesting, but not like something I would enjoy. I don't see why it shouldn't be added as an option in settings, but I doubt WG will add it.

Ridonkulous05 #4 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 03:40

Private

• -Players-
  • 2464 battles

Sure- like other game modes, this would be one that would be "de-selectable" from the options menu.

I was thinking of it for numerous reasons- I mean, the mode would finally give an M4A3E2 a chance to really be its team's true heavy. It would give a medium with great accuracy but thin armor an excuse to camp and act like a TD for a full match. On the light side, the brawlers would have to step up among lights. To me, it would force players to really know the strengths and weaknesses of their vehicle among its class, and it would make for some interesting match-ups and games (and replays, for that matter...) :-)

RushingJaws #5 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 03:41

Captain

• Players
  • 13581 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

Nah. Retro mode.

Feel what it was like for us older players. Jump into an M6 and try to do something to an E100. Or hop into a T30 and blast Jagdpanzer IV's all match.

:trollface:

Also tagged with Matchmaker;

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users