• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Gunadie #1 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 09:32

Major

• Players
  • 37622 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

Well you reap what you sow War Shaming!

I see so many bad, washed out games and upon checking the players statistics, there is a common threat or trait that explains

why the quality of the matches lack just that, quality!

And that is players in high tier tanks vs the amount of games these players have played.

As an example..one player in a tier 7, average exp 200 and around the same for damage,

1000 games played and 40 tanks in the garage or about 25 games per tank

How can one expect that these inexperienced players have even a slightest grasp of the game mechanics/fundementals when they average so few games per tier? Where is the learning curve to teach them coming from?

Sorry War gaming, but your system isn't producing a quality product and is a 21 century version of a 20 century arcade game, where individual play mentality is encouraged and nurtured and by your deliberate encouragement of premium gold round spamming through tank and map designs!

Its no wonder you are having a hard time keeping new players interested..your game lacks the challenges that were once inherent in its original design.

Through numerous changes and the introduction of rampant gold spamming, that you have encourage in order to boost sales of premium accounts and premium tanks, you have taken the inherent challenge of the game away and left it to rest with the experienced players.

Once these experienced players have lost interest through your continual bas ackward moves in attempt to improve things, you are left with a watered down player base that has gained very little in the way of contributing to the overall fun and competitive nature of the game.

You have taken away much of the WOW factor this game had!

No more going back to the garage with an empty bank account and broken tanks that forced players to re-assess and analyze what they did wrong and how to prevent the same mistakes.

Everyone pays and everyone plays and now this game lacks any sort of guidance and governance that forces players, through their errors, to excel as it once had.

Instead it encourages players, with your guidance, to place value in premium rounds and to purchase premium, and often op, tanks combined with premium accounts in order to achieve this objective.

You may be making some money, but I suspect you will be end up being little more than an empty shell unless you change and start encouraging the

training of Sharks and Cuda's instead of the low quality bait, as it appears to be now.

Heldar #2 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 09:36

Major

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 28730 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
I believe there is a kettle you need to meet, Mr. Pot.

Gunadie #3 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 09:41

Major

• Players
  • 37622 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

View PostHeldar, on Nov 13 2017 - 00:36, said:

I believe there is a kettle you need to meet, Mr. Pot.

And to deny that this is a problem by pointing your finger at an individual who has pointed this out with your snide comment does nothing to solve it

Tolos #4 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 09:55

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostGunadie, on Nov 13 2017 - 08:41, said:

And to deny that this is a problem by pointing your finger at an individual who has pointed this out with your snide comment does nothing to solve it

He is referring to the fact that, to you, those guys seem inexperienced and/or bad and to others you seem inexperienced and/or bad. In other words, look at yourself before you judge others. At least, I'm pretty sure that is what he meant. 

Gunadie #5 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 09:57

Major

• Players
  • 37622 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

View PostTolos, on Nov 13 2017 - 00:55, said:

He is referring to the fact that, to you, those guys seem inexperienced and/or bad and to others you seem inexperienced and/or bad. In other words, look at yourself before you judge others. At least, I'm pretty sure that is what he meant.

If that's that case you are both missing the point of the thread

Tolos #6 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 10:10

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostGunadie, on Nov 13 2017 - 08:57, said:

If that's that case you are both missing the point of the thread

I get what you was trying to say, I honestly do, but you have to admit it came off a little ' judgey ' ( yes its a word damn it ) 

Gunadie #7 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 11:02

Major

• Players
  • 37622 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

View PostTolos, on Nov 13 2017 - 01:10, said:

I get what you was trying to say, I honestly do, but you have to admit it came off a little ' judgey ' ( yes its a word damn it )

I suppose, but it wasn't meant that way.

Could be reflective of a 5X weekend :ohmy:

I  merely used an example to show the small data set for each tank.

And I never made any reference to an individual personally, nor did I bring W/R into it either.

Its no secret that the average win rate is dropping and I think the number of one sided games is a reflection of this

(as is a number of recent threads by others discussing losing streaks and pointing fingers at MM)

I believe it has more to do with the type of player base we have now and not as much to do with the MM as many are pointing the finger to.

There isn't a whole lot that isn't a word these days with the "Urban Dictionary" ;)

ColonelShakes #8 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 11:28

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5555 battles
Generally you see a player with as many battles as you , with stats that slowly improve over time , and most recent stats are usually higher.  It appears that earlier in your illustrious WOT career you were padding with something.  Your most recent stats show a drop.  

NK_33 #9 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 11:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 16993 battles

Training people only works when they want to learn.  There are a lot of people who think this is a game, not a sport, nor the raison d'etre of their life.  If you want more professional gameplay, join a clan, or become a legionnaire, and play strongholds and clan wars.  Randoms are for the casuals, you shouldn't expect good play by the entire team.

Some of us want to derp around and blow up tanks, for myself, I have Tier 7's and 8's in most tech trees with a few tier 9's and 10's, but I play more tier 5's and 6's because those are the enjoyable tiers.

Guido1212 #10 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 12:27

Major

• Players
  • 72529 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

View PostGunadie, on Nov 13 2017 - 08:32, said:

I see so many bad, washed out games and upon checking the players statistics, there is a common threat or trait that explains

And that is players in high tier tanks vs the amount of games these players have played.

As an example..one player in a tier 7, average exp 200 and around the same for damage,

How can one expect that these inexperienced players have even a slightest grasp of the game mechanics/fundementals when they average so few games per tier? Where is the learning curve to teach them coming from?

Sorry War gaming, but your system isn't producing a quality product and is a 21 century version of a 20 century arcade game, where individual play mentality is encouraged and nurtured and by your deliberate encouragement of premium gold round spamming through tank and map designs!

Its no wonder you are having a hard time keeping new players interested..your game lacks the challenges that were once inherent in its original design.

Through numerous changes and the introduction of rampant gold spamming, that you have encourage in order to boost sales of premium accounts and premium tanks, you have taken the inherent challenge of the game away and left it to rest with the experienced players.

Once these experienced players have lost interest through your continual bas ackward moves in attempt to improve things, you are left with a watered down player base that has gained very little in the way of contributing to the overall fun and competitive nature of the game.

You have taken away the WOW factor this game had!

No more going back to the garage with an empty bank account and broken tanks that forced players to re-assess and analyze what they did wrong and how to prevent the same mistakes.

Everyone pays and everyone plays and now this game lacks any sort of guidance and governance that forces players, through their errors, to excel as it once had.

Instead it encourages players, with your guidance, to place value in premium rounds and to purchase premium, and often op, tanks combined with premium accounts in order to achieve this objective.

You may be making some money, but I suspect you will be end up being little more than an empty shell unless you change and start encouraging the

training of Sharks and Cuda's instead of the low quality bait, as it appears to be now.

​So it's WarGaming's fault players are bad?  They players don't have any responsibility?

I agree on the gold issue, but you've wrapped it up in a lot of things that aren't a problem, or aren't fixable by WG.

_Tsavo #11 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 12:50

Major

• Players
  • 37910 battles
Can't make players learn.  Bad's are gonna bad because bad.

cnumartyr #12 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 12:53

Captain

• Players
  • 10053 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

It's not War Gamings fault people are bad.

I am still bad, but I procure any and all resources I can find to improve from streams to YouTube.

You can't make people get better, you can only carry harder. The better you as an individual are the less reliant you are on your team to get you a win.

Edit:

And the games WOW factor kind of falls apart after so many years.  I took a 3 year break, the game is better than it ever was.  It's only going to get better once all tanks are in HD, all maps are reworked in HD, and they bring out new ones.

Game is a constant work in progress and if you can't see the improvements I can't help you.

JOSEPHINEISH #13 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 12:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19272 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM
 As long as half the player base insists on worrying about getting there x2s in every tank in there garage and worrying about completing that next mission and having a fetish for non meta tanks I'm just going to have to assume there happy with the there WOT experience.I know content is part of the game great but if someone cant win a game in a certain tank the love for what ever reason and keep playing it it's on them and that is the case with a lot of players.I'm not a heavy guy so I sold them 9.18 ruined LT tanks so I sold them.You have a problem with premium ammo STOP GETTING SHOT by it and if you're in a super heavy then don't play it anymore until the ammo is balanced it's pretty simple.People will not except the state of the game and adapt to it it's not 9.12 etc etc anymore it is what it is.Do I believe WG's is at fault for a lot of it hell yes I do.9.18 was/is the dumbest S#$T this company has ever done completely pointless unneeded update that has pissed off the majority of the player base and has ran off some very good players.At the end of the day either guys will have to adapt to the game as it is because it's never going back apparently or find another game to play.I don't want to myself nor do I want people to quit but it is what it is.

Bogart1943 #14 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 13:22

Captain

• Players
  • 26532 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostTolos, on Nov 13 2017 - 01:10, said:

​Not according to Dictionary.com but lucky for you Merriam-Webster saved your bacon. :)

Lucudus58 #15 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 13:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15808 battles
  • [ICB] ICB

View PostGunadie, on Nov 13 2017 - 09:32, said:

You have taken away the WOW factor this game had!

Now Let the TROLLS come out and respond to this great post

porkchop39 #16 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 13:54

First lieutenant

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 42625 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
I still like the game.

albee3 #17 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 13:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9009 battles

Just playing lots of battles has ZERO bearing on anything.  I'm the perfect example of this.  I have close to 9000 battles, I began playing four years ago with Tier 1 tanks and I've progressed up all the lines to Tier 8 tanks now.

My experience in the Tier 8-10 battles is that my 9000 previous battles were essentially useless.  I have no clue what to do in Tier X battles with my Tier 8 tanks, I feel entirely useless, and my stats show that it's true... my new IS-3, for example, is 43% win rate over its first 40 battles.  Just awful... and the IS-3 was the tank that I've literally been waiting the entire 4 years to get into...  I finally purchased it this weekend, and ugh, that's about all I can say.  Of course I don't have the top gun for it yet, so that's a factor... but overall, I just feel like I have no clue what to do against the Tier X behemoths.  My "big stronk" IS-3 feels like a little puny light tank right now.

So Tier 8 is gonna be yet another learning process for me.  All my Tier 1 thru Tier 7 battles did almost nothing to prepare me for Tier X battles.  That's my point.  All my 9000 battles means nothing, I'm the exact same player as somebody who strolled in yesterday and bought some Tier 8 tanks with 100% crews and started playing.

hazmatman #18 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 14:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11232 battles

Everyone here has the same objective - have fun, they just chose different paths to get there. Sometimes it means free XP'ing into high tier tanks. Sometimes its a green tank helping flip you back over. Sometimes it means friendly tanks pushing you out from cover, and TK'ing you. Like life, for the most part you have to share it with others whether you like it or not, unless you're stinking rich.

And if you are hitting a button in a "free to play" game that takes you to a place that starts with the word RANDOM, and anyone else can also hit that same button...how do you think that's gonna turn out?

Just saying.

_Tsavo #19 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 14:08

Major

• Players
  • 37910 battles

View PostLucudus58, on Nov 13 2017 - 07:36, said:

Now Let the TROLLS come out and respond to this great post

lolololololol

cnumartyr #20 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 14:25

Captain

• Players
  • 10053 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View Postalbee3, on Nov 13 2017 - 07:55, said:

Just playing lots of battles has ZERO bearing on anything.  I'm the perfect example of this.  I have close to 9000 battles, I began playing four years ago with Tier 1 tanks and I've progressed up all the lines to Tier 8 tanks now.

My experience in the Tier 8-10 battles is that my 9000 previous battles were essentially useless.  I have no clue what to do in Tier X battles with my Tier 8 tanks, I feel entirely useless, and my stats show that it's true... my new IS-3, for example, is 43% win rate over its first 40 battles.  Just awful... and the IS-3 was the tank that I've literally been waiting the entire 4 years to get into...  I finally purchased it this weekend, and ugh, that's about all I can say.  Of course I don't have the top gun for it yet, so that's a factor... but overall, I just feel like I have no clue what to do against the Tier X behemoths.  My "big stronk" IS-3 feels like a little puny light tank right now.

So Tier 8 is gonna be yet another learning process for me.  All my Tier 1 thru Tier 7 battles did almost nothing to prepare me for Tier X battles.  That's my point.  All my 9000 battles means nothing, I'm the exact same player as somebody who strolled in yesterday and bought some Tier 8 tanks with 100% crews and started playing.

This is actually my #1 issue with the game.  Forget everything else "wrong" with the game.  If the "end game" is what is being pushed by WG (by Bonds, Grand Battles, Ranked Battles, Advances, Clan Wars) then Tiers 1 to 7 should be similar enough to Tiers 8 to 10 that your time spent there matters.  But it doesn't, at all.  The game plays very differently from Tiers 8 to 10.  There is already a significant barrier to entry for newer players with the grinding, MM, and seal clubbing.  Making those 9000 battles for naught is even worse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users