Tank marathon missions creating toxic (more than normal) gameplay

marathon community feedback request Missions Gameplay t34 B IS-6 B

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Marathon missions (45 members have cast votes)

Are marathon missions fine as they are?

1. Yes, they are giving players free stuff, we can't really complain (23 votes [51.11%])

Percentage of vote: 51.11%

2. No, I do not enjoy the enforced competition within my own team that they promote (18 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. I have no opinion on the matter. (4 votes [8.89%])

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Xeraux #21 Posted Nov 17 2017 - 00:52

Major

• Players
  • 19007 battles

View PostShenala, on Nov 16 2017 - 15:13, said:

This is the exact type of logic that causes games to die.

I'm not asking them to make the missions easier but more reasonable for someone who actually has a regular job.  You know, the folks who spend $100 on a Löwe package thinking they'll be epic, but have a WN8 of 200 and a WR of 45% but don't get that you have to obsess a bit to get any better at something.

And yes, I think that, for an average player, 18 wins being in the top 66% is challenging, but with enough time, it's possible.  But it takes time and most average players (judging from the server populations I see during the day) don't have the time required to attempt these reasonably.  Couple that with the sales of the same vehicles AND the tokens to complete the missions and it feels more like a cash grab than an actual realistic series of missions.  Come on, 30 Victories in the top 66% for each tank?... add the 50k Dmg for the Germans and it's more of wth.  It makes one wonder what section of the population they expected to purchase the tokens or just flat out buy the tank, instead.

Last thought... Both the T34 and the IS-6 are, arguably, outdated.  Yes, you can do alright in them, but there are far better tanks.  If they spent more time on actually balancing the tanks to their roles, developing/correcting maps or making new content and less time re-skinning tanks for a new tree, making a mission UI that's haphazard (at best) or making new tanks to grab at more cash, they would be far more successful.  Yes, it's a business, but judging by the fact that they had to finally merge the East/West/Central servers (the west had routinely 2k players on it, with peaks at 5k), I'm guessing WGNA isn't doing so hot.  

TL;DR: It's not the top 4-5% of the game that supports WG, it's the other 95-96% of players out.  By creating missions that are nearly impossible to reasonably complete for the average player, they are in fact, forcing them to buy tanks that are sub-par with current complimentary tanks of the same tiers.  For missions this complex, you would expect a Black Dog or even a Black Crommie B (drool!!!!).  THOSE would be worth this level of mission difficulty.

So you'd like everyone to have these tanks. Why? If you can earn them, earn them. If not, buy them. If you don't want to do that, don't, they're not worth it to you.

Personally I'll have the T34B and IS-6B done. I'll play 1 battle in each so I can recover them, and then probably sell them. (Maybe mark them.)

I agree with you that WGNA (well, mostly just WOT) is going downhill. I hate to see my favorite game of 6 years declining in such a visible way, but even I have to admit it's heading in a bad direction.

Tvrdkaobukva #22 Posted Nov 17 2017 - 13:57

Private

• -Players-
  • 12421 battles
  • [-X] -X
Hi.I dont undestand look like people who canot finish in 15 days in row,becouse meny reason,like you punish this people whit more havy misisons,Today is mision from 18 win jump on 25 wins.Look that normaly we play 10 min.game this is 250 min of game or 4 hours and 10 min.Bat if the your tim win this is luck or calkulacion.If you dont hawe lack ,that your tim win ,you can play all day.We sleep 8 hours human for you others i dont now..That meen that 16 hours left to play -menus 4 hours of minimun playing is 12 hour for your lack if your tim win and how you go puting more and more mision every day bat now you put 8 mision more than last time .that meen that next time you will be 32 mision ,you now where i going whit this.I now that you wont that people been on your game all day, bat is this normal?And if this is posible to finish think little people canot be punish becouse they didnt finish misions in 15 days,they hawe right like others who finish in 15 days ,you talking about fair play ,than do like that,think what you can do, that this dont be so unfair, in the and this is fun game,who people love, not game for zomies.Thanks friends.

Nunya_000 #23 Posted Nov 17 2017 - 17:05

Major

• Players
  • 20706 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostTvrdkaobukva, on Nov 17 2017 - 04:57, said:

Hi.I dont undestand look like people who canot finish in 15 days in row,becouse meny reason,like you punish this people whit more havy misisons,Today is mision from 18 win jump on 25 wins.Look that normaly we play 10 min.game this is 250 min of game or 4 hours and 10 min.Bat if the your tim win this is luck or calkulacion.If you dont hawe lack ,that your tim win ,you can play all day.We sleep 8 hours human for you others i dont now..That meen that 16 hours left to play -menus 4 hours of minimun playing is 12 hour for your lack if your tim win and how you go puting more and more mision every day bat now you put 8 mision more than last time .that meen that next time you will be 32 mision ,you now where i going whit this.I now that you wont that people been on your game all day, bat is this normal?And if this is posible to finish think little people canot be punish becouse they didnt finish misions in 15 days,they hawe right like others who finish in 15 days ,you talking about fair play ,than do like that,think what you can do, that this dont be so unfair, in the and this is fun game,who people love, not game for zomies.Thanks friends.

Huh?????

Shenala #24 Posted Nov 17 2017 - 21:10

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 9966 battles

View PostNunya_000, on Nov 17 2017 - 17:05, said:

Huh?????

lol, it's a mess, but the gist is this:

"WG, are you kidding?  25 wins in top 10 is unrealistic for little people.  if we play 10min games, that's 250 min of games in 4h:10m.  Since we sleep ~8h, that leaves us 16h to play minus 4h (not sure why, but ok).  [...] The next one is 32 (it's actually 30, but semantics), and the 25 is already nearly impossible.  Why punish the little people that didn't finish in 15 days?  They have the right like others who finished in 15 days, but you're talking about fair play; don't be so unfair.  It's a game and it's supposed to be fun, not to make zombies."

My head hurts.

@Xeraux,

You're absolutely right, I don't have to try and grind out these tanks, but that doesn't mean that the rest of the server isn't busy screwing up the games to do stupid mission objectives.  So, really, to be completely unaffected by the nonsense that is these missions, I would just have to stop playing, which is always an option.  I mean, I have 10k games and my account is 6 years old, so clearly I'm consistent, right?

I'd also like to point out that these tanks are only unique due to the black paint which has the same effect as standard camo.  There's nothing truly special about them AND, point of fact, the T34 and the IS-6 are original premiums, so it's not like these aren't already common tanks to begin with.

Bottom line, yes, I think that these missions should be far more reasonable to do so that a majority of the server can have access to at least one of the tanks (perhaps not all three).  I mean the T-34-85M marathon was far more reasonable for a rather OP premium tier 6 tank, but not everyone has that...

Basically, the logic seems to be that the black paint means we should kill ourselves or pay $110 (for all three) for outdated tanks that average players and above won't be happy with.  In the mean time, the server is all tilted with crazy game play to get to an unreasonable number of wins with a given victory condition or a set number of kills in a game or w/e.

So yeah, I think that these missions are hosed and don't create healthy game play for the server OR the player due to needlessly difficult mission sets.  Even at minimum wage ($10/h here), it would take roughly 15h of work over the three weeks to pay for the tanks, but then you'd STILL have to deal with the tilt of the servers as it is right now.... so one would buy the tanks and then wait three weeks for these missions to be done in order to have "normal" game play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users