Bad omens

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Desert_Faux #1 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 12:14

Major

• Players
  • 3523 battles
  • [-DTOM] -DTOM
Name something that can occur within the first minute of a game that makes you know you are gonna have it rough. Just curious on the results. 

raymee101 #2 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 12:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 54445 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
when you see your scouts not go to any position of value so you know you are going to be outlit by enemy team, or when you have 3 scouts and they stick together and all go same spot.

stalkervision #3 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 12:22

Major

• Players
  • 51156 battles
watching my entire stink-rolling  "team" go to one flank. :(

SacherMasoc #4 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 12:42

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6598 battles
Sudden onset diarrhea. I hate to go afk so will attempt to hold it in.

Awestryker #5 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 13:16

Major

• Players
  • 23416 battles

View Poststalkervision, on Nov 13 2017 - 06:22, said:

watching my entire stink-rolling  "team" go to one flank. :(

All going one flank is an opportunity...as long as they DO NOT stop...and if they do not stop, then its usually an easy win...

But it works best when the "good" guys on the team, you know, the blues and purples, push to keep momentum going...

Awestryker #6 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 13:26

Major

• Players
  • 23416 battles

What I hate seeing at the start of pub matches is:

- To many people going valley on Cliff...

God I hate seeing heavies and meds going valley and just sitting there all match doing nothing until its over...if they use valley to go up top, fine, but sitting at valley entrance is sooooo bad...

- To many people going valley on Lakeville...

The valley is soooooo slow and your reward for going valley is to fight uphill in slow swampy area and usually against hull down TDs, and artys...valley can work, but it is rare...mostly, win city win map

- To many people going East on Westfield...

Especially top tiers...and the name "Westfield" says it all, lose NW lose map...the north west commands both caps...even if east is lost, the map is still easily win-able if you win the NW...

- Anyone going beach on Overlord...

Wow, what a waste of tanks going beach...

Edited by Awestryker, Nov 13 2017 - 16:43.

GAJohnnie #7 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 13:33

Major

• Players
  • 9123 battles
  • [_BOT_] _BOT_
One heavy, usually top teir, waddling off by itself either up the middle or to the other flank from the rest of the heavies.

TsarCidron #8 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 13:53

Major

• Players
  • 6065 battles
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM
Instead of playing tanks, most think they are playing bumper cars

kebab6597 #9 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 14:36

Major

• Players
  • 52728 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Some bloody idiot types hill or valley or some other route and the whole bloody team follow like lambs to the slaughter

Ripping #10 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 14:38

Captain

• Players
  • 17957 battles
  • [MOGS] MOGS
That first shot fully aimed in a JgE100 bounce of an AMX...

G3nst3r #11 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 15:02

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11251 battles
  • [SCRP1] SCRP1
Before the timer clicks down, some guy crying about how bad the team is and how we are going to lose.....or when I am the only heavy tank and the other team has 5 times more than us.

OctavariumDT8 #12 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 15:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37852 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM
Disconnected during the countdown, while still talking with my friends in TS (indicating my connection is fine, and vanilla game is sheit). Usually ends with a defeat.

dunniteowl #13 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 15:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 18533 battles

Bad Driving at Spawn...

This is, in my humble experience, a VERY BAD SIGN as well as a VERY GOOD INDICATOR of trouble in the match.

It tells you that you have a low cooperation team or a high personal self focus group of people that are not a good sign of cooperation.

Hateful Chat/Despair...

This is not a good sign, because it means someone is, in the hateful sense, triggered; and in the despairing sense, means you have at least one team mate who simply isn't willing to put out effort -- they've given up before the battle starts.  In either case, you start a man down and probably also have a major distractor on your team.

For whatever reasons, I deem these two things the principal source of gauging the potential of my team to overcome.  The more bad driving you see, the less cooperation you can expect on the whole.  The more hateful or despairing the chat, the more likely you are to be starting with a team that has at least one, possibly more 'dead while playing' team mates who simply aren't going to try hard enough to count.

You can overcome these simply by recognizing that your Match Difficulty Slider just went UP a bit.  Of course, these are not foolproof indicators and I have been pleasantly surprised on occasion.  I have yet, however, to be unpleasantly surprised when such outcomes as a heavy loss or near loss occurs when I see these issues, especially together (that's a really bad indicator almost always) as a sort of weather vane of how difficult it will be to win.

Lastly,

The Lemming Train...

This is almost always a guaranty of a loss.  Here's why:  Lemming Trains ONLY WORK IF YOU KEEP GOING!  I have yet to see said Lemming Train fail to stop at every station (any single unit stops the whole shebang from going forward, no-one wants to be the first to get shot) instead of screaming, "We're an EXPRESS to Win, we ain't stopping!"

They ALWAYS stop -- and then proceed to get torn down by three or four units, sometimes five on the other side, all the while the other six to eight units on their team is on cap and the Lemming Train is more like a short bus now, it's been whittled so badly.

Even so, if a Lemming Train leaves the station, you better be on board.  There's nothing worse than getting slaughtered all by yourself, just because you know they're idiots, don't compound it by ignoring the whole potential safety in numbers option for you in that train.  By yourself on one side of the map, you are less than useful, no matter how good you are.  (Caveat, there's always an exception, though as a general rule...  )

That's it.

GL, HF & HSYBF

YANKEE137 #14 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 15:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6341 battles
  • [A_F_1] A_F_1
When I get ammo racked

YANKEE137 #15 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 15:30

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6341 battles
  • [A_F_1] A_F_1

View Postdunniteowl, on Nov 13 2017 - 15:26, said:

Bad Driving at Spawn...

This is, in my humble experience, a VERY BAD SIGN as well as a VERY GOOD INDICATOR of trouble in the match.

It tells you that you have a low cooperation team or a high personal self focus group of people that are not a good sign of cooperation.

Hateful Chat/Despair...

This is not a good sign, because it means someone is, in the hateful sense, triggered; and in the despairing sense, means you have at least one team mate who simply isn't willing to put out effort -- they've given up before the battle starts.  In either case, you start a man down and probably also have a major distractor on your team.

For whatever reasons, I deem these two things the principal source of gauging the potential of my team to overcome.  The more bad driving you see, the less cooperation you can expect on the whole.  The more hateful or despairing the chat, the more likely you are to be starting with a team that has at least one, possibly more 'dead while playing' team mates who simply aren't going to try hard enough to count.

You can overcome these simply by recognizing that your Match Difficulty Slider just went UP a bit.  Of course, these are not foolproof indicators and I have been pleasantly surprised on occasion.  I have yet, however, to be unpleasantly surprised when such outcomes as a heavy loss or near loss occurs when I see these issues, especially together (that's a really bad indicator almost always) as a sort of weather vane of how difficult it will be to win.

Lastly,

The Lemming Train...

This is almost always a guaranty of a loss.  Here's why:  Lemming Trains ONLY WORK IF YOU KEEP GOING!  I have yet to see said Lemming Train fail to stop at every station (any single unit stops the whole shebang from going forward, no-one wants to be the first to get shot) instead of screaming, "We're an EXPRESS to Win, we ain't stopping!"

They ALWAYS stop -- and then proceed to get torn down by three or four units, sometimes five on the other side, all the while the other six to eight units on their team is on cap and the Lemming Train is more like a short bus now, it's been whittled so badly.

Even so, if a Lemming Train leaves the station, you better be on board.  There's nothing worse than getting slaughtered all by yourself, just because you know they're idiots, don't compound it by ignoring the whole potential safety in numbers option for you in that train.  By yourself on one side of the map, you are less than useful, no matter how good you are.  (Caveat, there's always an exception, though as a general rule...  )

That's it.

GL, HF & HSYBF

Looking at the map and seeing ten green dots stopped by two red dots.

Chalybos #16 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 15:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21375 battles
3 light tanks going balls-to-the-wall to get to the same spot where they're going to snipe, while the heavies turtle up.

_Schneller_Heinz_ #17 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 16:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1931 battles

View PostDesert_Faux, on Nov 13 2017 - 12:14, said:

Name something that can occur within the first minute of a game that makes you know you are gonna have it rough. Just curious on the results. 

OldFrog75 #18 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 16:12

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7869 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
When my team is down by 3 or more tanks in the first 60-90 seconds.

Desert_Faux #19 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 16:36

Major

• Players
  • 3523 battles
  • [-DTOM] -DTOM

Surprised no one has yet to say "Guy in mid Tier tank (or better) who fires his gun at start and fires every time he reloads while racing towards the enemy"

I see this a lot... someone must really love their gun as they wanna shoot it every chance they get during the match. 

MMI_SPI #20 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 16:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16464 battles
  • [SNS-A] SNS-A
Driving my IS-2B when your top tiers are stock ST-I, a T95 and WZ120. And the enemy have Conqueror, JT and M46.... on Fiery Salient map:angry:  U know your luck has run out at this point!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users