Bad omens

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Slatherer #21 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 16:51

Major

• Players
  • 29245 battles

View PostDesert_Faux, on Nov 13 2017 - 03:14, said:

Name something that can occur within the first minute of a game that makes you know you are gonna have it rough. Just curious on the results. 

When  key tanks don't move.  

Desert_Faux #22 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 17:19

Major

• Players
  • 3506 battles
  • [-DTOM] -DTOM

View PostSlatherer, on Nov 13 2017 - 15:51, said:

When  key tanks don't move.  

What about when heavies decide to defend arty at cap?

Capt_Nixon #23 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 17:20

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4416 battles
  • [FLARE] FLARE
When low tier in a 3/5/7 in an M3 Lee and your team goes middle and left and the other M3 Lee goes solo right spamming you to "Follow Me" "Follow Me". He of course dies quickly, and then spends the rest of the game berating you in chat for not supporting him and being a coward.

Roggg2 #24 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 19:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16985 battles
  • [H1VOC] H1VOC
top tier heavies all go valley...

the_Deadly_Bulb #25 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 22:07

Major

• Players
  • 18378 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
When your top tier arty sees the reds have a unicorn scout toon and a decent arty so they back slowly into the water when the countdown ends. :angry:

Boghie #26 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 23:47

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3344 battles

Uuuuhhhhhhhhh.....

I saw this many times this past weekend: 

Platooned Top Tier Scouts scoot to a red-line corner and wait the battle out.  

Twice I saw a Platooned Medium enjoying the view

I also saw some Russian and Japanese Heavies sniping from back corners.  Lots of shooting - but no hitting...

I don't know if this crap is a new 'meta', but I can tell you it wasn't very effective.  It was difficult this weekend.

Boghie #27 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 01:43

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3344 battles

Well,

I have been avoiding Tier VI because my personal goal is to drag my Tier IV and V tanks (the ones I like) to 50%+ before I bump up the competitive ladder.  I know that doesn't sound like much but I've got to drag them from Bot Stats to the 50% mark so I will be a Green/Blue in hiding :-).  But, for the Gringo Line of Mediums the only premiums that I can use start at Tier VI.  What the hell, just take that Thunderbolt into the Thunder Dome!!!

First game I was a Purple Master.  Hull down map, good team, and so on.  Watch out for me.  Nothing went wrong.  Like the sound of bouncing shells!!!

All the next games I'm tracked, my engine gets blown, crew gets hurt - basic tank stuff for a front line player.

But, what do you see!!!  You guys see some schelp waddling around or pausing like a fool just before some guy dumps like four rounds into him.  Damn, why do these Tier Jumping Noobs keep getting on my team.

So, what is something you see 'that is going to hurt'.  That guy, that noob who forgot to load his med kit, his repair kit, and his fire extinguisher.  Uuuuggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh.,

Not_Connery #28 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 17:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4408 battles

Seeing all of your heavies (and I mean EVERY.  SINGLE.  ONE.) go hill on himmelsdorf.  Happened to me in a tier 9 game in my Tiger P.  I didn't go hill, but I knew that I wouldn't be more than a bug on a windshield to the enemy teams heavies coming up tank alley.  Instead, I went and tried to help the mediums closer to the tracks.

Surprise surprise, we got flanked and I had to distract the enemy's M103 long enough for my teammates to finish him off (I actually managed to shave off some of his health and get over 2k spotting on him before he killed me).

Apparently, the enemy team was even worse than half of my team, because we still managed to win that one...

Still, seeing all (other) heavies go hill on Himmelsdorf or tracks on Live Oaks REALLY sucks.

Vampiresbane #29 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 18:47

Captain

• Players
  • 24356 battles
  • [MEDIC] MEDIC
When 1,2, or 3 of your top tiers either don't connect or are afk for the first 5 minutes of battle, if not the ENTIRE battle.

Lurus #30 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 00:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 10101 battles
  • [BURNS] BURNS
My own irks that make me say that are:
suiscouts/suiciding tanks that just drown or die being useless especially when they know what they are doing like drowning because they give up on the team or don't want to play their tank in a battle when low tier and not a case of simply not paying attention / lag / or just incompetence or lack of map knowledge and die that way(example I just expect someone to die on erlenberg now via drowning trying to cross the map early or like windstorm into the canals is common too).    
Thus leading to being a tank down early and while its not quite as bad if its a lower tier less important its one less tank the enemy team has to take out as every tank has a role in a game and also one less heath pool and potential afk spotter even if they do absolutely nothing else.      Also doesn't exactly instill confidence on the occasions where someone says the team isn't worth fighting for so they would rather die then give any sort of effort.

​tank I deem important to the battle like a crucial top tier going to a position in a back corner or something where wont be able to assist the team until it is to late to make an impact on the outcome.
Generally leads to an issue where some vital tank cant impact the battle with his(or her) tank especially now with the 3/5/7 format where you may only have that one top tier heavy or something

People bickering in chat about bad players on team, what teams win chance is, or just generally yelling at each other at start of game.
Demoralizes me when I'm told someone on my team is terrible or like oh we have no chance which is why I don't run XVM. Fine if you run it but please please please don't tell me in chat oh yeah we only have like a 25% chance to win or even if its higher please don't say the win chance in chat I don't have it for a reason and don't want to be told or please dont call out a player publically for being bad or a bot based on their stats.

Team damaging on purpose/blocking tanks from moving out of spawn until after its given the enemy enough of a headstart to have important positons.
Goes with the killing yourself you bleed health early you might need later and when its your own team and on purpose you just screw over everyone else as well.  NEVER SHOOT OR BLOCK GREEN TANKS

​I guess in a way my own irks come down to a few things and they are bickering in chat against each other/suggesting team has no chance to win in chat and people who give up or decide the battle is not worth their time at the start so just leave the team to its own devices and either kill themselves to leave the game or sit in a useless place and refuse to assist full well knowing what they are doing and sometimes take innocent teammates with them because they don't like where the guys going or simply "know team has lost"  and want the game to end faster by bleeding teams health.      

Edited by Lurus, Nov 15 2017 - 01:07.

Desert_Faux #31 Posted Nov 16 2017 - 09:42

Major

• Players
  • 3506 battles
  • [-DTOM] -DTOM
Today's been painful, I've seen AFK arties... games starting with allies shooting at each other... Heavies camping with our arties "defending" them... Scouts hiding beside the TD's and a few times hiding behind the TD's and Heavies... 

g4143 #32 Posted Nov 16 2017 - 10:44

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5705 battles
You find the perfect spot for your (TD/arty/passive scout) and deploy your camo net(and possibly binoculars)only to find a stupid heavy has parked twenty feet behind you and is now drawing fire on your perfect position....

Edited by g4143, Nov 16 2017 - 10:45.

clover13 #33 Posted Nov 16 2017 - 19:58

Private

• -Players-
  • 5552 battles
  • [A_C_V] A_C_V

When u look at the other teams line up Vs yours HP wise they line up but not quality wise example m3 Lee Vs German heaza . lol on lemming cartoon

SlappedbyRommel #34 Posted Nov 17 2017 - 18:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4800 battles
  • [TTNDR] TTNDR
Seeing your heavies camp and watching suicide scouts. Oh ya, last but not least seeing 3 farty in the top of the opposite team lineup!

IamRaider #35 Posted Yesterday, 09:58 PM

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8679 battles

View Postg4143, on Nov 16 2017 - 10:44, said:

You find the perfect spot for your (TD/arty/passive scout) and deploy your camo net(and possibly binoculars)only to find a stupid heavy has parked twenty feet behind you and is now drawing fire on your perfect position....

^^^^

Happens a lot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users