tier 8 premium bottom tier

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

AlienfromUranus #1 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 15:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 37660 battles
  • [-DRB-] -DRB-
This is a rant, due to the "new and improved" matchmaker my tier 8 premium tanks (7 of them) which on average cost me 50 dollars US for a total of 350 US have been bottom tier so much they should just move them to tier 10 and get rid of the rest of them. Most of the time its a 2 tier spread but god forbid you platoon in the premium 8's, you will be bottom in a 3 tier spread with over half the tanks 1 tier higher than you. This is no longer acceptable to me and I have stopped buying both new tanks and premium time due to this being a total waste of money and my precious time.    

GeorgePreddy #2 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 15:27

Major

• Players
  • 14291 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View PostAlienfromUranus, on Nov 13 2017 - 11:19, said:

I have stopped buying both new tanks and premium time...

Lucky for you, the game is still quite fun when played for free !!

MMI_SPI #3 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 16:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16482 battles
  • [SNS-A] SNS-A

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Nov 13 2017 - 09:27, said:

Lucky for you, the game is still quite fun when played for free !!

^

This. Until they fix the matchmaker, I'm sticking with tier6-7 as you can always make good money or break even on a terrible loss.  Tier 9 -10 is also good, but too expensive when steamrolled. Haven'T bought any prem since MM revamped and probably won't... Unless a wild Defender appears in shop.

YANKEE137 #4 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 16:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6341 battles
  • [A_F_1] A_F_1
They have really hobbled tier 8 with the latest matchmaker, yet you never hear them talk about it. I think they are selling more premium ammo than ever and are happy to do so.  I am a deep red player but this weekend I decided to spam gold and what I found was I did a lot more damage and gained more xp as a result.

Hellsfog #5 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 16:47

Major

• Players
  • 31184 battles
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U

View PostAlienfromUranus, on Nov 13 2017 - 09:19, said:

This is a rant, due to the "new and improved" matchmaker my tier 8 premium tanks (7 of them) which on average cost me 50 dollars US for a total of 350 US have been bottom tier so much they should just move them to tier 10 and get rid of the rest of them. Most of the time its a 2 tier spread but god forbid you platoon in the premium 8's, you will be bottom in a 3 tier spread with over half the tanks 1 tier higher than you. This is no longer acceptable to me and I have stopped buying both new tanks and premium time due to this being a total waste of money and my precious time.    

In 3/5/7, a tier 8 would see 5 tier 9 tanks and 7 tier 8 tanks.  I understand it is totally unfair to make you should tier 9 and 8 tanks in your tier 8 premium.  Wargaming should fix MM so tier 8 premiums only see tier 6 so you can derp around in your Op, super tank.  

Awestryker #6 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 16:49

Major

• Players
  • 23416 battles

View PostYANKEE137, on Nov 13 2017 - 10:11, said:

They have really hobbled tier 8 with the latest matchmaker, yet you never hear them talk about it. I think they are selling more premium ammo than ever and are happy to do so.  I am a deep red player but this weekend I decided to spam gold and what I found was I did a lot more damage and gained more xp as a result.

The same thing will happen (more damage and more xp) if you learn to aim regular ammo ;)

If you can't pen with regular ammo then you should not even be shooting at the target you are shooting at...

You don't need gold...if your a tier 8 shooting at tier 10s, then your mistake is shooting at tier 10s (unless its a soft tier 10)...

Instead of shooting at one of the 3 tier 10s, go find one of the 5 tier 9s to shoot at, or one of the 7 tier 8s...

Edited by Awestryker, Nov 13 2017 - 16:52.

84Doc04 #7 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 17:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17925 battles
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D

My heart bleeds for you.  If you're so rigid and unable to adapt, then perhaps you should buy a deck of cards.  This entire game is based on adapting to an ever changing battlefield.  Are you also one of those players who doggedly kemps your bush even when the fight has moved to the other end of the board?   Or maybe you are that guy who has to yolo the mid ridge even when the lineup says that would be unwise?  

You choose what you spend your money on, spend it on the game, or not.  But whining in the forum doesn't validate you or your position.  It just shows how inflexible you are.  So keep ranting, that'll help your game-play and teach WG a lesson....   LOL

AlienfromUranus #8 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 17:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 37660 battles
  • [-DRB-] -DRB-
For those of you who have not played this game much or just started recently, you need to get a few more games in to learn just how messed up it currently is. The idea of buying premium tanks, especially those with prefered matchmaking, is to get better more balanced games. By being bottom tier constantly this nullifies the reason for paying which is how this game gets money to operate as a free to play game.  It is persons like myself that end up paying for the rest, the reason I play this game is for enjoyment and by being bottom tier constantly this is gone. 

Steeljaw_MajT #9 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 18:02

Major

• Players
  • 17453 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-

View PostAlienfromUranus, on Nov 13 2017 - 08:19, said:

Most of the time its a 2 tier spread but god forbid you platoon in the premium 8's, you will be bottom in a 3 tier spread with over half the tanks 1 tier higher than you. 

No!  It is still only a 2-+ tier spread (3 tier spread is the old new light MM).  I can see you are a cup is half empty type.  Only going to see 3 tanks 2 tier higher.  For the remaining 12 tanks you have preferred MM at T-8.

Hellsfog #10 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 18:05

Major

• Players
  • 31184 battles
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U

View PostAlienfromUranus, on Nov 13 2017 - 11:46, said:

For those of you who have not played this game much or just started recently, you need to get a few more games in to learn just how messed up it currently is. The idea of buying premium tanks, especially those with prefered matchmaking, is to get better more balanced games. By being bottom tier constantly this nullifies the reason for paying which is how this game gets money to operate as a free to play game.  It is persons like myself that end up paying for the rest, the reason I play this game is for enjoyment and by being bottom tier constantly this is gone. 

Premium tanks with preferred MM only see +1 so I don't know how it could be more balanced. The idea behind premium tanks is the boost to credit earning and crew training. Nobody, without the help of lead poisoning, ever thought the idea of buying a tank without preferred MM was to get preferred MM. 

Steeljaw_MajT #11 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 18:21

Major

• Players
  • 17453 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-

View PostAlienfromUranus, on Nov 13 2017 - 10:46, said:

I only see 2 replies to you that have played for a shorter period of time that you.  Because you play more battles doesn't make you points any more valid.  Can you name one of your preferred match making tanks that don't still get preferred MM?  My preferred MM tanks still get preferred MM!  Your problem is you think preferred MM means you will always be top tier which would be preferential MM.  And without looking at every poster's profile I seriously doubt you are the only one who has supported the game.  For me the current 3/5/7 MM with more balanced teams is much better than the being one of 2 maybe 3 T-8 tanks in a very heavily T-10 battle.  If all you do is club lower tier tanks where is the challenge?

Edited by Steeljaw_MajT, Nov 13 2017 - 18:22.

AlienfromUranus #12 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 21:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 37660 battles
  • [-DRB-] -DRB-

Let me try to explain this in simple words that you geniuses can understand, if you play a tier 8 tank you see tier 10 tanks 90% this is a 3 tier battle and more than half the tanks you face are 1 tier or more than you.  Now if you play only tier 10 you will on average see 60 -70% of the time tanks of lower tier, do you use real money to buy tier 10, no. 

Raxter54 #13 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 21:51

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6186 battles

View PostAlienfromUranus, on Nov 13 2017 - 21:29, said:

Let me try to explain this in simple words that you geniuses can understand, if you play a tier 8 tank you see tier 10 tanks 90% this is a 3 tier battle and more than half the tanks you face are 1 tier or more than you.  Now if you play only tier 10 you will on average see 60 -70% of the time tanks of lower tier, do you use real money to buy tier 10, no. 

Wow, if I play a tier X, I'll be top tier all the time? And if I play a lower tier I won't be top tier all the time? What a rip-off.  

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users