personal missions tied to the RNG that is winning...

feedback suggestion

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Lycan_Knight #1 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 20:43

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12400 battles
  • [I_K_U] I_K_U

Don't Do This...

Just don't do this alright, this is the most asinine thing you can do to someone who is doing amazingly well in a game, if you're going to make it a personal mission, why in the bloody hell would the other 14 players need to be involved for its completion!? 

You then want to call these "personal missions" .... are you joking?

PERSONAL MEANS YOU EFFECT IT, YOU ALONE. So why... WHY do this?! So many matches now, 6 hours with about 50 matches to be closer to actual numbers, of doing top 8+ damage, top 5+ exp, 3+ kills per game, or just in general doing well compared to the rest of the team i'm stuck with, only to get slapped across the head with an iron frying pan because the other 14 players died for god knows what reason with less than a thousand damage to their name, or i died because i was being stupid at the time of death (yea i'll admit i'm an idiot sometimes during combat, not going to call myself perfect, -_- but this isn't the point of this rant.)

You want to make missions based on exp and damage, fine, set it up so you need to be in the top 5 instead of the top 10, and omit the need to win. You do personally well, you should be good to go. Not have to rely on shear luck of the draw and HOPING that 5+ players on your team don't end up doing 0 bloody damage or refuse to play their roles as their chosen tanks (light tanks hiding with artillery for example :sceptic:)

So rather than tying wins to a mission, up the requirements of YOU doing better, and keep the other 14 individuals out of the "personal" part of the match. You're going for personal challenges both in the case of the three "giveaway tanks" and those campaign missions, not a community reward that everyone from the match wins if you do well in that match with them.

Eisenriese #2 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 20:58

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12189 battles
  • [NOKAP] NOKAP

Just wait. I am 12/12 so far for all 3 tanks. However, there is little hope of completing 15/15 on any of them other than the MutzB. At least the MutzB doesn't need anything but doing well and doing enough damage. Reading ahead for the IS6 and T34 is just LOL. Needing 25+ wins, YEAH RIGHT. Even at my win% (just shy of 53%) that means nearly 50 games for ONE tank mission. That's assuming MM puts me on the "rigged" guaranteed to win team enough times.

GG on these missions WG.

Clickez4Fun #3 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 21:01

Major

• Players
  • 30467 battles
  • [A-F] A-F

Can you show me where WG states I have to play a particular role in my tanks. Some of us are here for the "fun", nothing else. If I complete the missions, cool beans. If not, no loss.   

GeorgePreddy #4 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 21:06

Major

• Players
  • 14291 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
I pay zero attention to missions... if i win something, well... cool beans.

CapPhrases #5 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 21:26

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6327 battles
  • [TXV] TXV

yeah seems a little silly to have the parameters for personal missions required you to depend on 14 random people.

definitely not a lot of thought in these requirements.

Kamahl1234 #6 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 21:52

Major

• Players
  • 17962 battles

Well if you don't include things like say wins or assisting allies, personal missions become selfish play that is a detriment to gameplay as a whole. They're personal, in the sense of rewarding specific play that is ideally non-selfish play. 

Winning is 100% something I expect to see as a requirement, otherwise why should I still try to win rather than redline farm? 

Plays_With_Matches #7 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 21:58

Major

• Players
  • 25863 battles
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6

View PostKamahl1234, on Nov 13 2017 - 15:52, said:

Well if you don't include things like say wins or assisting allies, personal missions become selfish play that is a detriment to gameplay as a whole. They're personal, in the sense of rewarding specific play that is ideally non-selfish play.

Winning is 100% something I expect to see as a requirement, otherwise why should I still try to win rather than redline farm?

Better to tie it to kills... I spent way too much time yesterday trying to get the 2x 3 kill mission. I have 3 kills in my first game of the day yesterday and then I must have run 30 games trying to get the second one. Everyone was holding their shots going for the kill shot. You grind someone down to nearly dead and then someone snatches up the kill. I thought I was going to lose my mind. Or you get that shot and RNG says F U and bounces. I would rather run 50k damage every day.

I did get that 2nd 3 kill game at around 2am

Edited by Plays_With_Matches, Nov 13 2017 - 21:59.

Lycan_Knight #8 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 21:59

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12400 battles
  • [I_K_U] I_K_U

View PostKamahl1234, on Nov 13 2017 - 15:52, said:

assisting allies (or destroying targets/doing damage/activity) are something you personally effect. the win is too reliant on more than 5 people coordinating with one another and not going off on a tangent trying to be the "rambo" of the team.

What stops you from redline farming? Nothing if you do it correctly, but what happens when everyone starts doing it? No one but those actively participating in the game would get their earned rewards. Redline farming may work near the end of the match if you have the tank for it, like the E-25, but in a tank like the OI or O-Ni (which are more commonly used for damage missions) and the T1 or M4 sherman (more common for exp) you wouldn't get very far with it due to their low camo ratings. You'd get obliterated OR left out of the game and lose a lot of experience and damage potential, and if the game requires you to be in the top 5 instead of the top 10, redline farming is actually detrimental in most cases.

At least that's what i've found to happen when i see these kind of players hiding in the back not supporting the team until the end of the match... How it happens for others i've got no idea, but it hardly ever plays out well for the farmer. Those active in the game are usually the ones who come out in the top 5, the campers/farmers are top 10, and the lackies who didn't even do that properly are doing less than 300 damage and getting crap exp. (fast response i know and sorry if it seems odd. i'm playing EvE on a second monitor. :P )

Kamahl1234 #9 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 22:02

Major

• Players
  • 17962 battles

View PostPlays_With_Matches, on Nov 13 2017 - 20:58, said:

Better to tie it to kills... I spent way too much time yesterday trying to get the 2x 3 kill mission. I have 3 kills in my first game of the day yesterday and then I must have run 30 games trying to get the second one. Everyone was holding their shots going for the kill shot. You grind someone down to nearly dead and then someone snatches up the kill. I thought I was going to lose my mind. Or you get that shot and RNG says F U and bounces. I would rather run 50k damage every day.

Probably better to have it be damage/assist + wins. 

Lycan_Knight #10 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 22:05

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12400 battles
  • [I_K_U] I_K_U

View PostPlays_With_Matches, on Nov 13 2017 - 15:58, said:

had the same issue yesterday.... T1 heavy, had 10 games where i could have gotten 3 kills, instead of being done in 10 games it took 60 games to do 1, and then a VERY lucky game at 7:00 a.m the next morning (just before the end of the daily) Russia was easy, since i have the SU-152 and the KV-4 though.

Keeping it connected to personal damage and personal exp AND BEING THE TOP 5 OF THE TEAM would mean more team play involved to try and reach those numbers, since killing/spotting would boost xp, and damage helps knock out the bigger threats on the enemy team to win more often.

Where-as trying to kill something for a mission is negatively impacting gameplay: EVERYONE is now looking at that low HP tank and saying 'eff you' when it comes to serious threats

(i actually got chat banned for calling out a BC 155 58 because he was trying to kill a skorpion when a full HP jagpanzer E100 was in the open, he then insulted me in the garage and not 3 hours later i found myself with a 7 day chat ban for inappropriate "chat behavior" -_- go figure right? But anyways: )

Tying the missions to personal goals is the best way to go... this "team oriented PERSONAL MISSION b.s is ridiculous...

Plays_With_Matches #11 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 22:05

Major

• Players
  • 25863 battles
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6

Anyways, I worked my [edited]off getting most of the missions done early. I am prioritizing the German, then Soviet and lastly the American (I already have the T34). This is where I am at the moment (end of day 12):

German = 12 Complete    -----> Planning to finish day 13, 15, & 17 (skipping day 14 & 16 to focus the other two lines)

Soviet = 12 Complete       -----> Planning to finish days 14, 16, & 18

American = 10 Complete  -----> Planning to finish days 13, 14, 16, 18, & 19

And I am keeping Day 20 in the bank just in case!

Kamahl1234 #12 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 22:06

Major

• Players
  • 17962 battles

View PostLycan_Knight, on Nov 13 2017 - 20:59, said:

assisting allies (or destroying targets/doing damage/activity) are something you personally effect. the win is too reliant on more than 5 people coordinating with one another and not going off on a tangent trying to be the "rambo" of the team.

What stops you from redline farming? Nothing if you do it correctly, but what happens when everyone starts doing it? No one but those actively participating in the game would get their earned rewards. Redline farming may work near the end of the match if you have the tank for it, like the E-25, but in a tank like the OI or O-Ni (which are more commonly used for damage missions) and the T1 or M4 sherman (more common for exp) you wouldn't get very far with it due to their low camo ratings. You'd get obliterated OR left out of the game and lose a lot of experience and damage potential, and if the game requires you to be in the top 5 instead of the top 10, redline farming is actually detrimental in most cases.

At least that's what i've found to happen when i see these kind of players hiding in the back not supporting the team until the end of the match... How it happens for others i've got no idea, but it hardly ever plays out well for the farmer. Those active in the game are usually the ones who come out in the top 5, the campers/farmers are top 10, and the lackies who didn't even do that properly are doing less than 300 damage and getting crap exp. (fast response i know and sorry if it seems odd. i'm playing EvE on a second monitor. :P )

But your abilities will help bring wins. How are people forgetting that the better players in WoT win more, as well as those who platoon more often achieving more wins than their skill levels?

1-3 people are enough to turn enough battles into victories so much that they can beat averages by good margins. That and the goal of the game, like many, is to simply win, so this should be encouraged. For example kill missions can be detrimental by their own as people will hold shots to secure the kill for themselves and sacrifice allies to do so, so adding a win requirement means they are incentive to not sacrifice numbers on their side. 

Panman69 #13 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 22:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31619 battles

These missions were not designed with the expectations that players would be able to complete them to get all 3 free tanks. They were designed to get you invested in getting the tanks(with the hope that you can get them for free) and then get you frustrated enough to spend the money for the tokens to finish out the required missions. They did a similar thing last Xmas but with easier missions.

I'm more interested in knowing why they are waiting until the 15th to allow us to buy the tokens. And, why they haven't let us know the price per token yet. Could it be that they're banking on most players needing only 2 or 3 tokens per vehicle? Would you now pay, let's say $7 per token? That's only $14 or $21 for a Tier 8 Premium.

CapPhrases #14 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 22:43

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6327 battles
  • [TXV] TXV

looking back at the article they only mention tokens being sold in bundles of 5

that's dirty pool if you only need 2 or 3

Plays_With_Matches #15 Posted Nov 13 2017 - 22:45

Major

• Players
  • 25863 battles
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6

View PostPanman69, on Nov 13 2017 - 16:38, said:

These missions were not designed with the expectations that players would be able to complete them to get all 3 free tanks. They were designed to get you invested in getting the tanks(with the hope that you can get them for free) and then get you frustrated enough to spend the money for the tokens to finish out the required missions. They did a similar thing last Xmas but with easier missions.

I'm more interested in knowing why they are waiting until the 15th to allow us to buy the tokens. And, why they haven't let us know the price per token yet. Could it be that they're banking on most players needing only 2 or 3 tokens per vehicle? Would you now pay, let's say $7 per token? That's only $14 or $21 for a Tier 8 Premium.

These missions in the past have beat me into submission. I sprang for Tokens on the WZ-111 and the T-44-100. I think I got the Pilot for free but I can't recall. For the most part, I like this format better although I wish it was only one tank at a time.

(I'm not sure why I am bothering with the T34B as I already have the T34 and never play it anymore. It actually kind of sucks these days.)

Edited by Plays_With_Matches, Nov 13 2017 - 22:46.

Also tagged with feedback, suggestion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users