Jump to content


Tier 5 nerfs, place your bets.

RIP AT 2 Nerfs Tier 5

  • Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

455_hero #41 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 16:42

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 19845 battles
  • 430
  • [RAJ] RAJ
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

Just curious, why doesn't the OP have one?

 



ARCNA442 #42 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 18:43

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 9276 battles
  • 136
  • [SAVE] SAVE
  • Member since:
    09-10-2016

View PostKomitadjie, on Nov 13 2017 - 17:49, said:

Only real problem with the T67 is that it's fun and easy for a new player to play.

So in the hands of someone with 30k games and a five perk crew, it's rather deadly. That's a problem with all tanks that are newbie friendly, I think.

 

This keeps being repeated by T67 defenders but it's completely untrue. The T67 underperforms in the hands of unskilled players and significantly overperforms in the hands of good players. Its characteristics are such that a skilled player can exploit its mobility and dpm while for a bad player its fast enough to get them into trouble and so lightly armored they die quickly.

 

For an example of a tank that is fun and easy for a new player but doesn't do well for good players look at the Churchill I. Bad players do significantly better in it but good players can't exploit it.



Komitadjie #43 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 18:50

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 1226 battles
  • 1,083
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    11-10-2011
Honestly, I'm not very good in the T67, but I'd rather play it any day than a Churchill. All those big, lumbering barges do is get farmed.  I don't even have a first perk on my T67 crew yet, but it's *fun* to play. Fast enough and stealthy enough to scout, enough gun to have a chance facing all the 6s and 7s you'll see.  

I just think it's a *fun* tank for a newbie.

Hurk #44 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 19:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 46499 battles
  • 14,253
  • [KGR] KGR
  • Member since:
    09-30-2012

View PostARCNA442, on Nov 14 2017 - 10:43, said:

This keeps being repeated by T67 defenders but it's completely untrue. The T67 underperforms in the hands of unskilled players and significantly overperforms in the hands of good players. Its characteristics are such that a skilled player can exploit its mobility and dpm while for a bad player its fast enough to get them into trouble and so lightly armored they die quickly.

 

For an example of a tank that is fun and easy for a new player but doesn't do well for good players look at the Churchill I. Bad players do significantly better in it but good players can't exploit it.

are you just lying or ignorant? 

this is the win chart for the T67. 

its literally OP at every level. 

 

here is the wolverine for comparison:

also OP, but still nowhere near as badly. 



WeSayNotToday #45 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 01:13

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12266 battles
  • 173
  • Member since:
    04-08-2015

View PostHurk, on Nov 14 2017 - 01:26, said:

t67 needs to lose 1000 dpm.

 

Just remove the 76mm gun.  Player can then choose between the 57mm and 75mm to go with excellent mobility and good vision and give it good turret speed. Nerf it a bit, but make it as fun to play with a better turret speed.

 

Put the 76mm on it and it is the T70 or Hellcat.

 

Hellcat needs its mobility back and a faster turret, just take 90mm off.  Make that a premium tank.  Hellcat should be more like the Type 64.

 

IMO, ofc.



WeSayNotToday #46 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 01:23

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12266 battles
  • 173
  • Member since:
    04-08-2015

View PostHurk, on Nov 14 2017 - 19:54, said:

are you just lying or ignorant? 

this is the win chart for the T67. 

its literally OP at every level. 

 

 

 

No, that is literally balanced for players up to a 47% win rate and pretty well balanced for players up to 50 or 51% win rate.

 

This tank curve shows a tank that performs significantly above the players' average in good players' hands, which indicates that if it needs a nerf, then characteristics that good players take advantage of should be the characteristics that get nerfed.

 

Check the tank curve for the defender, it literally shows a tank that noticeably overperforms at every reported winrate.

The Defender is literally OP at almost every level.


Edited by WeSayNotToday, Nov 15 2017 - 04:28.


tanopasman62 #47 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 03:11

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13824 battles
  • 2,048
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Nov 15 2017 - 01:13, said:

 

Just remove the 76mm gun.  Player can then choose between the 57mm and 75mm to go with excellent mobility and good vision and give it good turret speed. Nerf it a bit, but make it as fun to play with a better turret speed.

 

Put the 76mm on it and it is the T70 or Hellcat.

 

Hellcat needs its mobility back and a faster turret, just take 90mm off.  Make that a premium tank.  Hellcat should be more like the Type 64.

 

IMO, ofc.

 

Or make the 90mm Hellcat a tier 7 instead of the fantasy T 25/2.

WeSayNotToday #48 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 04:26

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12266 battles
  • 173
  • Member since:
    04-08-2015

View PostARCNA442, on Nov 14 2017 - 18:43, said:

 

This keeps being repeated by T67 defenders but it's completely untrue. The T67 underperforms in the hands of unskilled players

 

No, the t67 performs as well as the average tank in the hands of unskilled players, that is what the tank curves show.

WeSayNotToday #49 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 04:29

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12266 battles
  • 173
  • Member since:
    04-08-2015

View Posttanopasman62, on Nov 15 2017 - 03:11, said:

 

Or make the 90mm Hellcat a tier 7 instead of the fantasy T 25/2.

 

OK, but increase the turret traverse speed.

madogthefirst #50 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 04:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 21676 battles
  • 7,956
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE
  • Member since:
    12-28-2011

View PostRed_Ensign, on Nov 14 2017 - 07:33, said:

would be nice to see the derps gone from the m4 and pzIV.

Would be nice to see derps in general gone.



xSzikll #51 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 05:49

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 7714 battles
  • 234
  • [27-F] 27-F
  • Member since:
    12-23-2016

View Postmadogthefirst, on Nov 14 2017 - 22:57, said:

Would be nice to see derps in general gone.

 

That's all what we have to kill those filthy seal clubbers with their knockoff E 25s.

21Blackjack #52 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 11:53

    Captain

  • Players
  • 18664 battles
  • 1,841
  • Member since:
    02-03-2012
The funny thing is the T-34 MT is almost better in every way to the Wolverine and T67.  But the Russian players are so terrible, it has average winrates. Expect a T-34 buff.




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users