Was just in this battle and...

red enemy kindness

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

2ndAD2015MPD #1 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 00:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 29983 battles

You tankers are copying me. I was playing a tier 5 battle about 2 weeks ago. I was on my side (due to lag) a enemy tank approached me. I thought; good at least I can start a new battle. My team was winning big time and capturing the flag. This enemy tank flipped me upright. I'm like, what? Then he did not fire on me; of coarse I did not fire on him. I have never experienced this in the whole time I have been playing WOT. That tank let me live. I PM'ed him and thanked him for not killing me. He said no problem. :teethhappy:

About a week ago I was in a tier 2 battle and I found a red player on it side. I put him upright and gave him a chance and destroyed his tank. This is what you should do. It gives me the creeps blowing up a tank on it's side. I bet most of us feel that way.

Was just in this battle and... my teammate did this to another player. I gave them the affirmative. This was a tier 2 battle. First thing I thought is I started it in tier 2.

World of Tanks deserves our honor in battle.

_ErwinRommel__ #2 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 00:12

Major

• Players
  • 7522 battles
  • [ICBMT] ICBMT
It is honorable to do but due to the inability to take prisoners I execute all. Leave no chance to victory in the slightest way slip.

kogepan_man #3 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 01:41

Major

• Players
  • 6862 battles

Congratulations.  You passed the Voight-Kampff test, unlike Leon:

Holden: Yes. You're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down and see a...

Leon: What one?

It was a timid interruption, hardly audible.

Holden: What?

Leon: What desert?

Holden: Doesn't make any difference what desert... its completely hypothetical.

Leon: But how come I'd be there?

Holden: Maybe you're fed up, maybe you want to be by yourself...who knows. So you look down and see a tortoise. It's crawling toward you...

Leon: A tortoise. What's that?

Holden: Know what a turtle is?

Leon: Of course.

Holden: Same thing.

Leon: I never seen a turtle.

He sees Holden's patience is wearing thin.

Leon: But I understand what you mean.

Holden: You reach down and flip the tortoise over on its back, Leon.

Keeping an eye on his subject, Holden notes the dials in the Voight-Kampff. One of the needles quivers slightly.

Leon: You make up these questions, Mr. Holden, or do they write 'em down for you?

Disregarding the question, Holden continues, picking up the pace.

Holden: The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over. But it can't. Not with out your help. But you're not helping.

Leon's upper lip is quivering.

Leon: Whatya means, I'm not helping?

Holden: I mean you're not helping! Why is that, Leon?

Edited by kogepan_man, Nov 14 2017 - 01:41.

ShookYang #4 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 02:01

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8508 battles
  • [5LINE] 5LINE

View Post2ndAD2015MPD, on Nov 13 2017 - 15:05, said:

About a week ago I was in a tier 2 battle and I found a red player on it side. I put him upright and gave him a chance and destroyed his tank. This is what you should do. It gives me the creeps blowing up a tank on it's side. I bet most of us feel that way.

My buddy let me farm a Maus that was on it's side.  Ended up getting an Ace Tanker with the extra 900 damage I was able to get.

Another time, I had an STA-1 or 2 try and land on top of me, but I pulled back in time and they fell on their side.  Farmed that sucker too.

ClydeCooper421 #5 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 02:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 11562 battles
Nope. Farm them while they're vulnerable and they'll learn their lesson. 

dunniteowl #6 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 17:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 18513 battles

It never occurred to me to provide the opponent such a thing.  I am pretty sure I won't do that.  No, I don't feel any more or less bad for that poor sorry SOB than I do for any team mate that I couldn't be there to flip upright.  That's on his team, not mine.  Boom, boom, boom whenever I can if it's red.  Upright, on its side, in the water, vertically humping a mountainside, i don't care -- I'm shooting it.

It's not that I'm uncompassionate or that I think, "He'd do the same to me," because neither is true.  What it really is, is I'm kind of lazy and an easy kill is an easy kill.  That said, don't take a tank on it's side as nothing to be afraid of -- never approach it where it's turret can provide a sighted target of you.  I've gotten two kills while on my side and in one case, the second kill tried to ram me putting me back upright, destroying himself -- and allowing me to win the match (last unit left alive on my side w/three badly chewed up units coming after me).

I want to win and I cannot give quarter to the other side to do that.

GL, HF & HSYBF

Chalybos #7 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 21:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21348 battles

I appreciate the sentiment, and I don't wanna seem like a selfish prick, but ... 

Also tagged with red, enemy, kindness

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users