Split the two, Pro/Anti-SPG, factions permanently in WoT Random.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

OrnmiIler #21 Posted Dec 12 2017 - 07:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37969 battles

View PostV_A_C_A, on Dec 11 2017 - 13:00, said:

"The next step:
A button for "only Heavies" on the game...
Or a button for "only Mediums" on the game...
Or a button for "only Lights" on the game...

Let's segregate!"

#NOPE
This game is "rich" (compared to others) because of the diversity of vehicle classes.

Up until 9.18 came along game was rich, with better class of players situated mostly in SPG caste.

They were a WoT loyal support bunch, being older, wiser and more generous.

Post 9.17 WoT offers no other option remaining for any future NA, other than ten foot pole type perma-quarantine from all anti-SPG change everything whiners.

I’ll take the 9.17 club house of equals over WoTs ridiculous mob appeasement 9.18-9.21 (Stunningstein monster) skid row type play any day!

OrnmiIler #22 Posted Dec 12 2017 - 07:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37969 battles

View PostImaKillYou, on Dec 11 2017 - 13:07, said:

The solution has already been offered by WG: Wot Blitz

+1

You’re absolutely right on, but they won’t go there willingly, and why won’t they go there?

Because the mental case anti-SPG change everything whiners (who also mostly own and have played SPGs), first and foremost are total hypocrites whose aim is to ruin game for mostly everyone, which has been accomplished splendidly with 9.18!

OrnmiIler #23 Posted Dec 12 2017 - 08:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37969 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Dec 11 2017 - 14:31, said:

I think this is a bad idea.  The more we focus on the divisions instead of the reasons we play, the harder it is to get things moving smoothly.  We do not require further divisions, we require greater acceptance of the State of the Game, inclusive of the vehicles in it, and then go on from there.

If folks don't like arty, I'm totally okay with that.  It's been like that since I started playing three years ago.  So what?  What's new about this?  How does this address the issues of peoples' FEELINGS over a digital artifact in a game?  The answer is: It doesn't.  All it would do is exacerbate the issue of how people FEEL about arty and all that does is end up in what amounts to a verbal contest of I'm Right!  No, I'm Right!  No, I am, not you!  You suck... etc.

And we don't have enough of that already?

My tactic has been to answer reasonable questions with reasonable responses.  My response to negativity has mostly been by not responding to it.  I still play and play my best, regardless of the unit.  Since the server merger, though, my play has been much more choppy overall and I have had to play SPGs and slow TDs more, due to my lag/fps issues of being a person of meager means.

The hate?  Some people need to mature a bit more, I'd say.  It's a game and if a single unit can instill that level of emotive response in someone, then they need to spend some time reflecting on what triggers them so.  That's not healthy and is indicative of an attitude that might also get you similar responses in the Real World.

I appreciate the intent.  I think this is a bad idea, though.

GL, HF & HSYBF

The quality of play is direct proportion to the quality of personal character of the players themselves.

This can never be factored into game play by WoT.

After 9.18 the NA pyramid is upside down top heavy with anti-SPG whiners still pushing for total SPG elimination, which will come because of steady exodus of players.

Those players like myself who have left need a very different option to now return, and thus might flip pyramid back to an older better WoT direction as was in a 9.17 trajectory.

For me WoT went swiftly from great to annoying, all in one 9.18 downgrade!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users