Thanksgiving Missions are TOO Much!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

spkrofthesun #1 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 18751 battles
  • [STARR] STARR
I have 10 of the first 12 done on the American line for the T34 B.  One the other day, involving team wins, took almost 3 hrs.  Another night I had to give up on one because it was taking too long, and I have a life.  Tonight's again involves team wins, 15 to be exact.  Overall I'm pretty good at this, no pro, but at least above average with over 54%WR, in over 18,000 battles.  At that rate I need to play 28 battles to get 15 wins.  Even if I have good team luck and win at a 60% pace, that's 25 battles.  At average battle times, including loading into the next battle, etc, without taking a break, that's about 3 straight hours, assuming I'm in the top 10 every battle, at the VERY least.  Realistically, it would be closer to 4, and for a lot of people, even longer than that.  Some of us who have jobs and kids can't commit that kind of time on a given night.  I've worked hard to complete the missions I have, and if I can't finish it to get the tank, making the time spent in the last 2 weeks a complete waste, I'm gonna be pretty pissed.  I would like to think that the people you have working on these things have a clue.  I'm sure someone there already understands what I've just said about the time required to complete some of these missions, and to have them daily is too much to ask, they shouldn't really need more than an hour or two to complete, or allow more than one day to finish.  Needing 4 hours to play a game on a Monday night is unfair to most of us who have actual real life responsibilities outside the home.

Paladin1954 #2 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 86366 battles
  • [WWIII] WWIII
Thanksgiving missions are no big deal to me.I already have all 3 of the tanks in their original versions.I said it last Christmas and I'll say it again Black tanks are just a gimmick.The only black tank in my garage is the German Black Dog.I only bought it for a German light tank crew trainer.

Blucraft #3 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8043 battles

Nobody rides for free...you could just "pay" for them :sceptic:.

-Blu

spkrofthesun #4 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 18751 battles
  • [STARR] STARR
I'm just trying to do the mission.  Like many other missions, it gives me something to do while I'm playing, something to work towards.  I've done quite a few over the last couple years, and received different rewards, little inconsequential things all the way up to high end premium tanks.  The point is, with the vast majority of missions in the past, requirements are attainable within a couple hours, or run for days or weeks at a time.  This is the first time I've seen missions that will clearly need more than a couple hours to finish, and if you miss a day, you're screwed.  I don't want the time and effort I've put in to be for nothing, and I'm sure there are plenty of other players in a similar position.

Nomad_Sterilize_ #5 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21 battles
I saw that scam in progress and didn't even fool with it.

spkrofthesun #6 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 18751 battles
  • [STARR] STARR

View PostBlucraft, on Nov 14 2017 - 04:14, said:

Nobody rides for free...you could just "pay" for them :sceptic:.

-Blu

I don't pay for tanks, I work for them. Of all the premium tanks in my garage, I only paid for 1, 6 years ago.

spkrofthesun #7 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 18751 battles
  • [STARR] STARR
I'm not expecting, or asking, for anything out of this, except for WG to know they [edited] up, and to be better in the future.

Kamahl1234 #8 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:40

Major

• Players
  • 17962 battles

Tier 8 marathons aren't easy, and doing 3 at once is going to be one heck of a challenge. It's a free 60$ tank x3, so you're gonna have to dedicate a lot to it. It's not going to be easily attainable for busy people, nor really should it as for some it could completely replace any payments they make towards the game. 

Many people who lack time will instead use this as a way to get discounted premiums. 

In short I think you're expecting missions that are easier than they should be for something that could replace a lot of income for WG. Even the T-34-85M had some decent time requirements to accomplish it, and that's a significantly cheaper tank.

rcaf36 #9 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 37919 battles
This isn't your high school, you don't get a pass (tank) just for showing up.  Yes they are hard but it's meant to be.  Either put the time in or don't, but please stop whining.  No one is forcing you to do the missions.

lordawesome7 #10 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 05:27

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20818 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

if you can't do em don't do em

they are only meant for those who have the time to do em and if you don't then you should be making money or doing something productive

Ken_McGuire #11 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 06:11

Captain

• Players
  • 27088 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

Is it possible to get a free tank? Yes - if you spend a lot of time on it. Three of them? I wouldn't want to try.... Are there enough "easy" missions that you can get the tank with some tokens - for probably a significant discount off full price? Almost certainly.

Of course, just about any job would pay enough to buy the tanks is less time than the missions. But if you enjoy the game, it can be some challenging goals.

MajorRenegade #12 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 15:46

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27128 battles

Somewhere along the 8th day, I gave up doing the german missions because doing all 3 at the same time proving impossible to do.

My current progress

T34 = 11 days complated

IS-6= 13 days Completed

i'm just surprised that barely finish them both yesterday, took all day too. god i need a life

Edited by MajorRenegade, Nov 14 2017 - 15:47.

spkrofthesun #13 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 00:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 18751 battles
  • [STARR] STARR

View Postrcaf36, on Nov 14 2017 - 04:47, said:

This isn't your high school, you don't get a pass (tank) just for showing up.  Yes they are hard but it's meant to be.  Either put the time in or don't, but please stop whining.  No one is forcing you to do the missions.

High school?  Really?  Kid, when I went to high school you actually had to work to get through.  Nobody got a "pass".  I put in my time, I served my country, I went back to school, I have a career and a family.  I've done plenty of missions that took time, On Tracks, Advancing Down The Line, things like that which took 2 weeks to complete.  I could do them all in a couple hours a night, and if I was short I could make up the difference on the weekend.  What we have here is single night missions where some can be done within a handful of battles, and some that can't possibly be done in under 3 hours.  It's not about wanting an easy road to a free tank, and it's not about not being able to pay for it.  I like to complete missions, it gives me more to do than just play.  I don't even really care about the tank itself.  What I'd like to see is better balance.  I knew I couldn't do all three, so I picked one, and ran with it.  I put in plenty of work already, but now seem to be penalized because I can't carve 3-5 hours out of a weeknight while I have a full time job and kids to take care of.  Major, I'm glad you are able to work on 2 lines, but as you said, it took all day but that's exactly my point.  A lot of us don't have all day.

Beornotns #14 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 00:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20887 battles
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-

Okay, speaking as a middle-aged crippled working stiff (some days more stiff than others, but percocet helps to take the edge off when the hip is really bad) that is A] decidedly average and B] a dyed-in-the-wool, tried-and-true, ever-lovin' wallet warrior, I should just buy the damn tanks so I also can get the X5 exp x30 missions for buying them.

But I'm not. I am working on the IS-6B AND the T 34B missions.  Yeah, you read that correctly...  I am doing TWO of the three marathons (no need to do the ones for the Schwarzpanzer; already got it and the credits aren't worth the grind for me personally).  All while working and having a relationship AND raising a daughter.

What's my secret?  Well, I don't sleep much for starters, but on a more serious note, I just really enjoy the WG products.

Oh yeah, that's something else I do: play warships and warplanes.

I was out of town on business last Saturday, so I am at 13 tokens for both tanks as of this morning (the "damage 50 tanks" was one of the fastest marathon missions yet!).  I reckon I can get at least one of the 18 wins tomorrow, get the 25% damage the following day, and then after going out of town on business THIS weekend, I should still manage to get to the other tank I missed tomorrow.

And voila!  TWO new tanks!  Which I will have to equip, but hey, free premium tanks man!

You have to ask yourself, how much are the tanks worth to you?  And if they aren't worth the hassle, then just buy them.

For me, the hassle is making me a better player.

~B

zombieyeti #15 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 11:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 31665 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

It gets even worse.

TL;DR Mission reset time is at 0320 Pacific Time, not 0420 Pacific Time as Wargaming states. And swears to.

Three days ago, I was at 11/11 for all three tanks.

With about an hour to go I had a few thousand damage remaining. No sweat. At the end of my current battle, I noticed that the damage was applied to the NEXT DAYS battle. I submitted a ticket to WG Support that was almost immediately closed but reassuring me that, indeed, Marathon event days go until 0420 Pacific Time.

As an aside, I was also told that my clocks were off (false), that I had problems with converting time zones (I actually live in Pacific Time) and, in any case, WG is not responsible for server restarts, which resets the event clock.

Anyone who plays late/early knows that the server restart is around 0100 Pacific Time.

Next day, same thing. Ticket reopened, WG Support politely hostile, and implied I was lying.

I could not convince them that their clocks are off. At one point, a reopened ticket was instantly closed, then immediately reopened by me saying "it's 0400 Pacific Time right now. What time does this ticket say it is?" and I included a link https://www.worldtim...e_in_US-CA.aspx

I even had to ask them to do a simple observation:

A. What time was ticket reopened?

B. What time is it as you respond to the ticket, Pacific Time, according to your servers?

C. What time does it say it is according to the World Time Server link?

D. Subtract A from B (B-A)

E. Subtract A from C (C-A)

If D and E are not about the same number of minutes, your clocks are off.

^Still nowhere. So I'm doing what I can to get the word out that you have an hour less than you thought to complete the event.

Which, over 20 event days and 3 tanks = 60 hours less per tanker to get 'er done.

Edited by zombieyeti, Nov 15 2017 - 11:25.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users