Transferring crew and loosing xp............

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

dpmgumby #1 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 853 battles

Okay I am new to this server but I assume all the servers play the same when it comes to rules about xp and how its transferred in the crew from tier to tier.

Maybe this is a new thing or even an old thing because I admit I have not grinded up the ladder for quite a long time now.

I am playing Lights and have been grinding my Luch's for quite awhile.

I got my Luch's crew up to first skill and 25% of 2nd skill

I then transfer and pay credits for each crew member to be transferred at 85%, I thought "sweet I will have some extra crew xp in the second  skill.

Then a button comes up and says that only the first skill will be learned and only to 90%.

So now im playing my Leopard and I dont even have my first skills anymore?

When did this happen and holy crap this sucks.

Yes yes yes this is a FTP game so they need to make money......... I get that.

But dont offer 85% xp credit and then say.... nope we will only give you 90% of your first skill.... nothing about this makes sense.

If its 90% of first skill, then put that on the button as the Regimental School, 

This will really slow down the process of grinding to tier 10 if I want to get there with some decent amount of crew skills.

WG you make my Brain Hurt

dexatrin82 #2 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17475 battles
  • [AR-PA] AR-PA

View Postdpmgumby, on Nov 14 2017 - 04:42, said:

Okay I am new to this server but I assume all the servers play the same when it comes to rules about xp and how its transferred in the crew from tier to tier.

Maybe this is a new thing or even an old thing because I admit I have not grinded up the ladder for quite a long time now.

I then transfer and pay credits for each crew member to be transferred at 85%, I thought "sweet I will have some extra crew xp in the second  skill.

Then a button comes up and says that only the first skill will be learned and only to 90%.

But dont offer 85% xp credit and then say.... nope we will only give you 90% of your first skill.... nothing about this makes sense.

If its 90% of first skill, then put that on the button as the Regimental School, 

This will really slow down the process of grinding to tier 10 if I want to get there with some decent amount of crew skills.

you'd think a reroll would know xp mechanics by now.

easily_distracted #3 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:45

Private

• Players
  • 7954 battles
  • [DHO] DHO
When you get to 100% of the first skill, the others will work again.

dpmgumby #4 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 853 battles

View Postdexatrin82, on Nov 14 2017 - 04:44, said:

you'd think a reroll would know xp mechanics by now.

I swear 90% of those who post in these forums, do not read the threads before posting.

dpmgumby #5 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 853 battles

View Posteasily_distracted, on Nov 14 2017 - 04:45, said:

When you get to 100% of the first skill, the others will work again.

so when i get my first skill back to 100%

I will get my 25% back on the second skills I choose?

This seems confusing.

Ndtm #6 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:52

Major

• Players
  • 15998 battles
Sounds like you used the "Drop" method to boost the major qualification up to 100% after using the credit option when retraining to the new tank, that's the only thing that that i can make out of this whole thing, while i haven't played in some time i wouldn't think that WG would suddenly make it so that when you retrain (to another tank and not "dropping" your skills/perks) it would drain actual skill/perk exp

Xeraux #7 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:56

Major

• Players
  • 18947 battles

If you retrain a crew member to another tank, the skills stay the same.

So your crew is 100% primary, 100% skill, 25% skill. If you retrain them to the Leopard for credits, it should be 80%, 100%, 25%.

If you reset their skills instead, it means 80% of your total skill %.

Does that in any way help?

chzwhz #8 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:59

Major

• Players
  • 19302 battles
  • [RAJ] RAJ
Always been this way. If you use xp from your skills / perks to train your primary skills you pay a penalty. Depending on how many skills your crew has this penalty can get large in terms of xp lost from skills. It's up to you to decide if what you lose is worth what you gain.

Yao_Wang #9 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 05:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13045 battles

View Postdpmgumby, on Nov 13 2017 - 19:42, said:

Okay I am new to this server but I assume all the servers play the same when it comes to rules about xp and how its transferred in the crew from tier to tier. Maybe this is a new thing or even an old thing because I admit I have not grinded up the ladder for quite a long time now. I am playing Lights and have been grinding my Luch's for quite awhile. I got my Luch's crew up to first skill and 25% of 2nd skill I then transfer and pay credits for each crew member to be transferred at 85%, I thought "sweet I will have some extra crew xp in the second  skill. Then a button comes up and says that only the first skill will be learned and only to 90%. So now im playing my Leopard and I dont even have my first skills anymore? When did this happen and holy crap this sucks. Yes yes yes this is a FTP game so they need to make money......... I get that. But dont offer 85% xp credit and then say.... nope we will only give you 90% of your first skill.... nothing about this makes sense. If its 90% of first skill, then put that on the button as the Regimental School,  This will really slow down the process of grinding to tier 10 if I want to get there with some decent amount of crew skills. WG you make my Brain Hurt

ok from what ive read it sound to me you did a skill perk reset then a crew tank retraining these are two different things

skill perk reset:takes the total exp earned to make up the 100% & 25% then based on how much you pay takes 0% 10% 20% of that amount of exp and removes it from your crew leaving you with 100% 90% 80% of the total amount to be put back into skill and perks

tank crew (re)training: takes 0% 10% 20% 30% of the crews training on a tank based on amount you pay and if changing tank type and leaves the crew at 100% 90% 80% 70% trained in the tank

FYI: if you do a skill perk reset then do a tank retraining the exp that was on the skills and perks will go to making the crew 100% first before allowing to be used on skills and perks agian

Edited by Yao_Wang, Nov 14 2017 - 06:37.

TsarCidron #10 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 05:58

Major

• Players
  • 6059 battles
  • [RAIDM] RAIDM
OP, please dont double space your lines.  Its annoying and will only attract trolls instead of help.  Your double spacing screams "notice me", and the trolls will.

dave_292 #11 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 06:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20043 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

Choices for Re-Training a Crew Member for Move to a Different Vehicle

• Tank Academy - At the cost of 200 Gold, the player's selection of the Tank Academy option will cause the existing crew member to immediately obtain a 100% Training Level in his Major Qualification for the new vehicle. If the crew member has no existing Skills or Perks, then this option will automatically unlock and make available the further selection of a first Skill or Perk. If the crew member has already acquired any Skills or Perks, then each of them will carry over to the new vehicle and immediately become active without any reduction in the same percentage level earned prior to the move.
  • Regimental School - At the cost of 20,000 credits, the player's selection of the Regimental School option will cause the existing crew member to immediately obtain a new Major Qualification Training Level equivalent to 75%, or to 90% of his former Training Level, whichever is greater; if he is retraining to a new vehicle of the same type. For example, moving from one TD to a different TD. If the move is from a vehicle of one type to another, a TD to SPG, then the Regimental School option retrains him to 75%, or 80% of his former level, whichever is greater. In either such case no new Skill or Perk selection will become available until the crew member's Training Level in his Major Qualification reaches 100% through experience earned in battle.
  • Rapid Courses - For free, the player's selection of the Rapid Courses option will cause the existing crew memberuit to immediately obtain the default Major Qualification Training Level equivalent to 50%, or to 80% of his former Training Level, whichever is greater; if he is retraining to a new vehicle of the same type. For example, moving from one TD to a different TD. If the move is from a vehicle of one type to another, a TD to SPG, then the Regimental School option retrains him to 50%, or 60% of his former level, whichever is greater. In either such case no new Skill or Perk selection will become available until the crew member's Training Level in his Major Qualification reaches 100% through experience earned in battle.
  • Effect on Pre-Existing Skills and Perks - If the crew member has already acquired any Skills or Perks prior to retraining by Rapid Courses or by Regimental School, then each of them will carry over to the new vehicle without any reduction in the same percentage level earned prior to the move. They will remain effective in the new vehicle at their current percentage levels. However, their icons will be greyed out and such Skills and Perks will not resume accumulating additional experience through battle and increasing in effectiveness until such time as the Training Level in the Major Qualification in the new vehicle reaches 100%. Thereafter, such Skills and Perks will all be restored to active, their icon will illuminate, and once again they will start accumulating additional experience through battle.

Edited by dave_292, Nov 14 2017 - 06:36.

rich73 #12 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 08:09

Major

• Players
  • 44256 battles

View Postdpmgumby, on Nov 13 2017 - 19:42, said:

You tried the increasing option  and if you dont use gold ,you lose some skill.You are confused..lol..they put in an option to increase skills with free xp.

dunniteowl #13 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 15:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 18506 battles

dpmgumby:  read this:

Crew -- Global Wiki, specifically the part that was posted above by Dave_292 with regard to skills and crew RETRAINING.

The basics of crew retraining is this:  When you retrain a crew to a new tank.  Let's use your team as an example:

Crew at 100%

1st Skill 100%

2nd Skill 25%  (!!)

When you retrain a crew to a new tank for credits your crew will lose their 100% qualifications, but keep their skills at whatever level they are.  The rule of thumb for crew retraining is this:  when you train to another tank, the crew will be qualified to 90% of their original value from the previous tank.  At 100%, that means your crew would be at 90% IF THE TANK IS IN THE SAME CLASS.  They will be 80% if you train them to a new class of unit (eg: LT to a Med, or LT to TD instead of LT to LT or Med to Med).  The only way to change this is with a skill reset or grinding.  In your case, grinding is the way to go.

With your example, if you only retrained your crew to the new tank, you'd simply have to grind to get your crew to 100% and your two skills would be operating at whatever level they were before you went to the new tank (IF the Skills are SKILLS and not PERKS, that is).  This is pretty much the STANDARD way to move crews to a new tank.

Now, if you're getting a new tank and you have more skills.perks and you realize you have the WRONG ONES, instead of simply retraining to the new tank, you can also do a Skill Reset.  With gold this takes no penalty -- other than you have much less gold afterwards.  With credits to do this reset you suffer a 10% penalty per Skill.Perk in your stable.

Example.  You have a 100% crew with 2 full skills and 20% of another, this is a bad time to reset your skills, because you 'eat' 10% of each skill in the credit reset, thus, you would, in the above example, get a 100% crew, have 100% of the first skill, 100% of the second skill and you JUST ZEROED OUT your 3rd skill, because it gave it's whole 20% to 'feed' the first two skills.  In fact, though I am not certain, in this case, as there is a 3rd skill involved, it may be that you end up with 100% 1st skill and 90% 2nd skill, due to the 10% per skill cost, which, in this case, should be a total of 30%.

Most people who counsel a skills reset say to do so after your 3rd skill reaches past 50%.  In this way, you will have, after your reset, 2 skills.perks *(your choice) at 100% value and the 3rd one will now be at 20%.  Bear in mind this is if you reset the skills for credits and not gold.  As a FTPP (Free To Play Pubbie) I live by credits on almost all choices, because Gold is my preciousss, yesss...  which I use for Garage Slots and demounting equipment when I trade up a tank.  That's ALL I use gold to do.

There you have it, OP.  The link, the human explanation how and the forum reason for why you'd do it that way.  As far as I know it's been like this since I started playing.

GL, HF & HSYBF!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users