What the ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Griffon327327 #1 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 70828 battles

Have noticed this for quite awhile and it is really getting on my nerves

at the end of a battle at the point where game will not let you fire a round even though it is aimed and loaded? this is fine with me battle is over

however has anyone else noticed that almost EVERY end of battle where you are not stationary at very end you stop moving in the direction you were traveling and sort of circle in place like a victory dance ?

tired of wargaming taking control of tank at end of battle ..what if i am on cliff face and this stupid circling glitch pitches me over ? I may not be able to fire a round or control my tank but in that last brief second im sure wargaming can and will explode me .. and a screenshot or replay ticket will only get the reply then maybe you shouldn't do a victory spin on the edge of a cliff ?

heavymetal1967 #2 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:57

Major

• Players
  • 60091 battles

It's not WG taking control of your tank.  It's because your client and the server are no longer connected.

NiteDog #3 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:57

Major

• Players
  • 26921 battles
How many times have you spun in the 70k+ battles you have played?

Ndtm #4 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:59

Major

• Players
  • 15968 battles

I've never had it happen, nor seen it happen or even heard it happen so i doubt it's a thing, for one it's but a brief moment so if anything you'd need to already be in the air for you to crash and not only that but who knows if you're even able to take damage when it happens, there is nothing to say that you will take damage no matter when throughout the entire battle from garage to when you're back into the garage, who knows where their if statements start and end

Edit: actually yeah.. as heavymetal says, it's also possible, or rather it's probably indeed the case where the game actually did end right there on the server side but it takes the client a moment to register and then actually kick you back into the garage and display your results, so basically it's but a ghost

Edited by Ndtm, Nov 14 2017 - 05:01.

Xeraux #5 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 05:01

Major

• Players
  • 18935 battles

View Postheavymetal1967, on Nov 13 2017 - 19:57, said:

It's not WG taking control of your tank.  It's because your client and the server are no longer connected.

View PostNiteDog, on Nov 13 2017 - 19:57, said:

How many times have you spun in the 70k+ battles you have played?

First off, those ^^^^^^^

Secondly, when the server disconnects, you can't fire anymore, but you also can't take any damage. If you were to spin over a cliff, A) you may just float, since the battle doesn't exist anymore or B) you'd tumble to the bottom and... be 100% fine (or whatever % you were at).

I've timed it multiple times where I dive off a hill/cliff/bridge right at the end, and when timing it right you hit the ground, bounce a little, and take no damage.

The_Golden_Falcon #6 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 05:51

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13320 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5

View PostGriffon327327, on Nov 13 2017 - 21:51, said:

Have noticed this for quite awhile and it is really getting on my nerves

at the end of a battle at the point where game will not let you fire a round even though it is aimed and loaded? this is fine with me battle is over

however has anyone else noticed that almost EVERY end of battle where you are not stationary at very end you stop moving in the direction you were traveling and sort of circle in place like a victory dance ?

tired of wargaming taking control of tank at end of battle ..what if i am on cliff face and this stupid circling glitch pitches me over ? I may not be able to fire a round or control my tank but in that last brief second im sure wargaming can and will explode me .. and a screenshot or replay ticket will only get the reply then maybe you shouldn't do a victory spin on the edge of a cliff ?

I've experienced this before, honestly it's of no harm that I find, it's more like a victory dance in my opinion

caramel #7 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 06:27

Major

• Players
  • 8008 battles
  • [MLPVA] MLPVA

View PostXeraux, on Nov 13 2017 - 20:01, said:

First off, those ^^^^^^^

Secondly, when the server disconnects, you can't fire anymore, but you also can't take any damage. If you were to spin over a cliff, A) you may just float, since the battle doesn't exist anymore or B) you'd tumble to the bottom and... be 100% fine (or whatever % you were at).

I've timed it multiple times where I dive off a hill/cliff/bridge right at the end, and when timing it right you hit the ground, bounce a little, and take no damage.

Be kinda fun to watch him roll end over end and land on his tracks with no damage though, admittedly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users