[SUGGESTION] Increase que time for Tier X vehicles.

Tier X Grand Battles Balance

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

GreyHawk_719 #1 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 16:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5077 battles

Hello WG,
I suggest a change to tier 10 MM, which is instituting a minimum que time. I, personally have a lot of trouble getting into Grand Battles. I've only played 1 in 44+ games since the feature came out... so much for a 10% chance. And, I've also heard complaints about tier 8 players still being stuck at bottom tier a lot. Which means, there are still too many tier 10s in the Random MM, and more need to be shunted to Grand Battles. A minimum que time could perhaps allow more tier 10s to accumulate, without immediately shoving them into a Random with tier 8s, which would allow more Grand Battles to be played, and tested. Thank you.

Desert_Fox_1969 #2 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 16:25

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18971 battles
  • [TAC-D] TAC-D
I turned GB off for now. It's a credit drain. 

ClydeCooper421 #3 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 16:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 11598 battles

Grand battles are trash I played one and it was terrible. There isn't the 3 arty limit which means lots of arty. 

The last thing we need is longer queue times. That's a terrible, terrible idea. 

Hellsfog #4 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 16:51

Major

• Players
  • 31184 battles
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U

View PostGreyHawk_719, on Nov 14 2017 - 10:22, said:

Hello WG,
I suggest a change to tier 10 MM, which is instituting a minimum que time. I, personally have a lot of trouble getting into Grand Battles. I've only played 1 in 44+ games since the feature came out... so much for a 10% chance. And, I've also heard complaints about tier 8 players still being stuck at bottom tier a lot. Which means, there are still too many tier 10s in the Random MM, and more need to be shunted to Grand Battles. A minimum que time could perhaps allow more tier 10s to accumulate, without immediately shoving them into a Random with tier 8s, which would allow more Grand Battles to be played, and tested. Thank you.

I have grand battles turned off. I'm pretty sure a longer queue time is not going to make me turn them on. 

AlirezaTheLord #5 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 17:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 34136 battles
  • [BEAUT] BEAUT
It's because most people turned it off. It is so bad no one wanna play that.

chipra07 #6 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 17:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 13875 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5
How about no? Have two different queues you can get into. Regular pubs or the queue for ONLY grand battles.

Lonewolfpj #7 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 17:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2831 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
When are you playing? The last 2 weeks when I play from 8 to 10pm eastern all I get is GD.

JohnnyPro13 #8 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 17:34

Private

• Players
  • 36079 battles
It is time for WG to pull their head out of their buts and use some common sense. Bring back tier 11 and 12 battles for tier 10 only. Fix the OP tier 8 Premiums and make tier 8 fun to play again.

Markd73 #9 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 17:35

Major

• Players
  • 28619 battles
  • [AOS] AOS

View PostDesert_Fox_1969, on Nov 14 2017 - 15:25, said:

I turned GB off for now. It's a credit drain. 

Isn't that SOP for WG. Create a new "game mode" in a blatant attempt to get people to burn credits and thus buy stuff from them?

Insurrectional_Leftist #10 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 17:49

Major

• Players
  • 45063 battles

I got news:  I have screenshots of my E100 that timed out !! After 5:00 mins. in Que waiting for a battle, {With Grand Battles Turned Off !!} No kidding.  I have the screen shots to prove it.  The Chieftain was in game chat box, and typed and told him about it. You know what he said? He said, "That's on your end."  I was like, "What?"  I then said, "No one is going to buy that Chieftain!"  Then he said, "Just on your end."  I'm not kidding!  I got screenshots of this too....

So, go figure.  Is that messed up or what?

Grand Battles = FAIL   In Monopoly, "Go straight to Jail, Do Not Collect $200.00"  :sceptic:

Syberfly #11 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 19:01

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19814 battles
  • [-GNZ-] -GNZ-

View PostClydeCooper421, on Nov 14 2017 - 16:36, said:

Grand battles are trash I played one and it was terrible. There isn't the 3 arty limit which means lots of arty. 

The last thing we need is longer queue times. That's a terrible, terrible idea. 

I have never seen more then 3 Artys in a GB, I have been in 37 GB's as an Arty and at times have been the only Arty on the side I was on. maybe you need glasses.?

Chalybos #12 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 19:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21375 battles

View PostSyberfly, on Nov 14 2017 - 13:01, said:

I have never seen more then 3 Artys in a GB, I have been in 37 GB's as an Arty and at times have been the only Arty on the side I was on. maybe you need glasses.?

Most I've seen is 3, usually 2, sometimes 1.  And I've seen a bunch of GB's.

ThePigSheFlies #13 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:02

Major

• Players
  • 59076 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

I had high hopes for the larger map, but wargaming left too many wide open zones that made advancing through the south, and even near the castle in the middle a death zone - it needs more undulations to limit shots from those inclined to park their tanks no the ledges by spawn while roasting marshmallows...

in theory the higher tier weight could have been useful for folks looking to 3 mark tanks, or finish off personal missions - instead they just made it something to turn off after playing a few battles in it on common test.

it's a pity too, cause I despise the number of tiny maps the standard pubby game mode has.

View PostSyberfly, on Nov 14 2017 - 13:01, said:

​I have seen 4, but that might have been on common test.

Xeraux #14 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:08

Major

• Players
  • 18980 battles

That would work except for the vast number of players who, like myself, have turned off Grand Battles.

It's boring, expensive, and doesn't count towards marks of excellence. Three strikes, no Grand Battles for me.

BillT #15 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:17

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 24520 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View PostInsurrectional_Leftist, on Nov 14 2017 - 11:49, said:

I got news:  I have screenshots of my E100 that timed out !! After 5:00 mins. in Que waiting for a battle, {With Grand Battles Turned Off !!} No kidding.  I have the screen shots to prove it.  The Chieftain was in game chat box, and typed and told him about it. You know what he said? He said, "That's on your end."  I was like, "What?"  I then said, "No one is going to buy that Chieftain!"  Then he said, "Just on your end."  I'm not kidding!  I got screenshots of this too....

So, go figure.  Is that messed up or what?

A few days ago I queued up my Conqueror GC.  After 3 minutes in the queue I realized something must be wrong, so I dropped out of queue and then immediately re-entered. And it put me in a match right away.  It's not the first time this has happened.

So yeah, I think something there is something on your end (the client side of the software) that leaves you stuck in queue. My guess would be that the server and client exchange messages while you're in queue to stay synchronized, but sometimes one of those messages gets lost in the Internet.  The server thinks you're out of sync and boots you from the queue, but the client doesn't know that and sits there waiting.

I think after 2-3 minutes (at least during evenings) you can safely assume that the queue is hosed up, so cancel and re-enter.

BillT #16 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:22

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 24520 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View PostXeraux, on Nov 14 2017 - 14:08, said:

That would work except for the vast number of players who, like myself, have turned off Grand Battles.

It's boring, expensive, and doesn't count towards marks of excellence. Three strikes, no Grand Battles for me.

I turned them off because they made it harder to complete some of the Marathon missions like "Win and be in the top 7 on your team".

For me, another problem is that GBs come up so infrequently (I've seen a total of 3 battles so far) and the map is so big that it's going to take a long time to learn how to play the map. 

Insurrectional_Leftist #17 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:52

Major

• Players
  • 45063 battles

View PostBillT, on Nov 14 2017 - 19:17, said:

A few days ago I queued up my Conqueror GC.  After 3 minutes in the queue I realized something must be wrong, so I dropped out of queue and then immediately re-entered. And it put me in a match right away.  It's not the first time this has happened.

So yeah, I think something there is something on your end (the client side of the software) that leaves you stuck in queue. My guess would be that the server and client exchange messages while you're in queue to stay synchronized, but sometimes one of those messages gets lost in the Internet.  The server thinks you're out of sync and boots you from the queue, but the client doesn't know that and sits there waiting.

I think after 2-3 minutes (at least during evenings) you can safely assume that the queue is hosed up, so cancel and re-enter.

Perhaps so?  Cause, it happened again even still last night when I tried with the E5.  Only this time it ran about 3:00 mins. Then finally it went through on it's own.  But, what is strange is that, I've never encountered this before "Ever".  Only time this has Ever, Ever happened to me before was say 4:00 am in the morning if I tried entering battle say with a B2 for example.  I would expect that easily, and would never complain about that obviously.  But, this? At tier X at about 7:00 P.M on a Saturday night ??  Really ?

To prove the point, I even restarted the computer, and the game, and cleaned my computer also prior to starting the game just prior to that session, and even afterwards when that happened.  AND, I typed in battle during when this happened, and asked numerous players "Did this happen to you guys as well, and about 4 people said, "it has happening to us "ALL EVENING LONG" ....

So, it's something wrong in the system that Wargaming needs to address in their software in their down loads... It's definitely not my computer.  Wargaming needs to fix this ....

Insurrectional_Leftist #18 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 21:04

Major

• Players
  • 45063 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Nov 14 2017 - 19:02, said:

I had high hopes for the larger map, but wargaming left too many wide open zones that made advancing through the south, and even near the castle in the middle a death zone - it needs more undulations to limit shots from those inclined to park their tanks no the ledges by spawn while roasting marshmallows...

in theory the higher tier weight could have been useful for folks looking to 3 mark tanks, or finish off personal missions - instead they just made it something to turn off after playing a few battles in it on common test.

it's a pity too, cause I despise the number of tiny maps the standard pubby game mode has.

​I have seen 4, but that might have been on common test.

Yea, really.  That Map, Wow... It's like a "Dead Zone, or Death Trap out there"  Or perhaps you could refer to it as a "Killing Field".  Those peaks on those Mtn. peaks are loaded with Medium snipers, TD's, and everything with a scope!  It's like shooting Rabbits in a barrel !!  There's hardly any cover.  The few times I played GB Grand Battles, I went to the small town village to fair out better with my MAUS, and JPE 100. (which I did).  Outside of that about about 6 or more GB Battles, I turned the GB Mode off.  Good Riddance !

Expensive as Hell, and I personally believe and feel it is unbalancing the rest of the MM in the game on the server? (that's my theory)

I think there is still a chance for Large Maps, but I don't think this Map was very well implemented, designed, and I'm not sure if this battle mode is going to work out "So Well" like their thinking?  I'm greatly concerned.  Really I am.

Maybe, they need to rethink this thing?

Edited by Insurrectional_Leftist, Nov 14 2017 - 21:07.

ClydeCooper421 #19 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 16:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 11598 battles

View PostSyberfly, on Nov 14 2017 - 10:01, said:

I've been in around 5 grand battles. The least amount of arty there were was 2, most were 3, and 2-3 battles had 4-5 arty in them. I don't need glasses. They all focused me. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users