Jump to content


After six years....


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

thandiflight #1 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 19:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 72172 battles
  • 3,898
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    07-10-2011
After six years of playing this game and investing too much time and money into it I have come to the conclusion that the thing most toxic to the game is not arty, it is not those team-killers, it is not the racists, the anti-semites, the homophobes. It is not the corridor maps or the meta. It is Wargaming. More specifically it is Wargaming support. Well done John Glenn, you are a decent human being. Not. Please note that this is to the game and not in the game. It is the thing that makes me wonder why I continue to play and spend money. Well played, Support, well played. Kappa.

tod914 #2 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 19:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 50780 battles
  • 2,075
  • [RDNKS] RDNKS
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

View Postthandiflight, on Nov 14 2017 - 13:36, said:

 It is the thing that makes me wonder why I continue to play and spend money.

 

Close the wallet, like many have.  If and when the game moves towards a direction which gives you enjoyment, then let the moths out :)

thandiflight #3 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 19:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 72172 battles
  • 3,898
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    07-10-2011

View Posttod914, on Nov 14 2017 - 18:43, said:

 

Close the wallet, like many have.  If and when the game moves towards a direction which gives you enjoyment, then let the moths out :)

 

To me it has been entertainment, it has been the thing I do when I get home from the stress at work. I have regarded my expenditure as an investment into the game to ensure its survival and improvement. I acknowledge that Wargaming and its developers have at the very least tried to make this game enjoyable and entertaining. But when you encounter an issue and get penalized for raising it, then I think that there is something fundamentally wrong. Now I have been able to actually put a name to what is fundamentally wrong. And yes, I am inclined to close my wallet.

Lonewolfpj #4 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:00

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 2847 battles
  • 542
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011
Maybe you should play something else for a while. When I get angry with the game I go and play something else for a bit.

thandiflight #5 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 72172 battles
  • 3,898
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    07-10-2011

View PostLonewolfpj, on Nov 14 2017 - 19:00, said:

Maybe you should play something else for a while. When I get angry with the game I go and play something else for a bit.

 

I think you have missed my point: it is not the game, it is those people who are supposed to support players and be understanding of the issues. Considering that it is my money that helps to keep these people in employment I am inclined to withdraw my money so that their employment is not supported - at least until they improve their basic decency and understanding. Its called empathy and they lack it. 

Edited by thandiflight, Nov 14 2017 - 20:05.


_Red_Saaryn_ #6 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:11

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 7380 battles
  • 138
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-
  • Member since:
    08-09-2015
THE REAL PROBLEM OF THIS GAME IS THE LOL PLAYERS!

Mad_Dog_Seabee #7 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:13

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 9595 battles
  • 1,221
  • [-RG--] -RG--
  • Member since:
    10-07-2015

View Postthandiflight, on Nov 14 2017 - 12:05, said:

 

I think you have missed my point: it is not the game, it is those people who are supposed to support players and be understanding of the issues. Considering that it is my money that helps to keep these people in employment I am inclined to withdraw my money so that their employment is not supported - at least until they improve their basic decency and understanding. Its called empathy and they lack it. 

 

You've played this game for six years and it took you six years to come to the conclusion that the Wargaming Support Staff are worse than Apple Tech Support (savage burn), or is that you have a six year well of patience that has finally been used up and you've finally had it?

thandiflight #8 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 72172 battles
  • 3,898
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    07-10-2011

View PostMad_Dog_Seabee, on Nov 14 2017 - 19:13, said:

 

You've played this game for six years and it took you six years to come to the conclusion that the Wargaming Support Staff are worse than Apple Tech Support (savage burn), or is that you have a six year well of patience that has finally been used up and you've finally had it?

 

The latter, mate, the latter. Having tolerance and understanding is fundamental to what I do irl. But everybody has their limits right?

MM_BB #9 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:25

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 1272 battles
  • 12
  • [HIWAY] HIWAY
  • Member since:
    09-09-2017

Customer support is like pulling teeth

 

My friend transferred to apac before the 11th of november 

He asked them if he could have his dicker max from tank rewards before he left NA servers on the 6th of november

They said payouts were on the 11th

 

I cant see how they can even do this ,

so even when they were shown the problem they still cant see it

so funny its SAD



Viserion_Dies #10 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 30262 battles
  • 4,960
  • [FADED] FADED
  • Member since:
    06-19-2013

View Postthandiflight, on Nov 14 2017 - 18:36, said:

After six years of playing this game and investing too much time and money into it I have come to the conclusion that the thing most toxic to the game is not arty, it is not those team-killers, it is not the racists, the anti-semites, the homophobes. It is not the corridor maps or the meta. It is Wargaming. More specifically it is Wargaming support. Well done John Glenn, you are a decent human being. Not. Please note that this is to the game and not in the game. It is the thing that makes me wonder why I continue to play and spend money. Well played, Support, well played. Kappa.

 

you do realize those are fake names they use? they is NO "john glenn" or "michael jones".

thandiflight #11 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 72172 battles
  • 3,898
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    07-10-2011

View PostViserion_Dies, on Nov 14 2017 - 19:25, said:

 

you do realize those are fake names they use? they is NO "john glenn" or "michael jones".

 

No sh*t? Do you think my real name is thandiflight?

kogepan_man #12 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 6862 battles
  • 2,771
  • Member since:
    06-22-2013

View Postthandiflight, on Nov 14 2017 - 19:57, said:

 

No sh*t? Do you think my real name is thandiflight?

 

we think your real name is Cry Baby.

dominator_98 #13 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 21:09

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 14089 battles
  • 942
  • [SCRAM] SCRAM
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View Postkogepan_man, on Nov 14 2017 - 13:59, said:

 

we think your real name is Cry Baby.

 

Go away troll.

ocioso #14 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 21:13

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18506 battles
  • 107
  • [-0K-] -0K-
  • Member since:
    03-04-2012

View Postthandiflight, on Nov 14 2017 - 15:36, said:

After six years of playing this game and investing too much time and money into it I have come to the conclusion that the thing most toxic to the game is not arty, it is not those team-killers, it is not the racists, the anti-semites, the homophobes. It is not the corridor maps or the meta. It is Wargaming. More specifically it is Wargaming support. Well done John Glenn, you are a decent human being. Not. Please note that this is to the game and not in the game. It is the thing that makes me wonder why I continue to play and spend money. Well played, Support, well played. Kappa.

 

i agree with you, costume service can be better, they took a lot of time to solve the issue. (because they answer fast) 

ocioso #15 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 21:14

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18506 battles
  • 107
  • [-0K-] -0K-
  • Member since:
    03-04-2012

View Postdominator_98, on Nov 14 2017 - 17:09, said:

 

Go away troll.

just dont answer him, dont feed the troll...



Sgt__Guffy #16 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 21:16

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 1809 battles
  • 772
  • Member since:
    04-01-2017

View Posttod914, on Nov 14 2017 - 12:43, said:

 

Close the wallet, like many have.  If and when the game moves towards a direction which gives you enjoyment, then let the moths out :)

 

Indeed, same here, I just do not feel inclined to feed WG's coffers any more. The rewards are simply not there to justify the cost and I'm certainly not buying into the purchase of overpriced premiums. I have never bought a premium tank by the way. I think their prices have gone up, it seems very expensive now.  I log into WOT have a couple of horrible games, usually with lag, and lose, log out, go play something else. 

Darkbee2Bee #17 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 21:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 32081 battles
  • 3,112
  • [-FG-] -FG-
  • Member since:
    06-23-2013

My expectations of any customer support of any organization are pretty low.  I consider it a bonus if they actually resolve my issue.  There are multiple factors at work that are both within and beyond their control.  In general I tend to be sympathetic to the plight of the customer service representative (it's not a job I'd volunteer for) who is often doing the best with the limited tools with which they are given to work.  In the case of NA I have almost zero doubts that they're oiften forced to operate in a vacuum and given very little information direct from operations in Minsk.

 

If I had to point to a single point of failure of WG, then it would internal communication, which is often a problem with almost any organization/company.  Some are better at it than others, while some are just plain dreadful.  This will also tend to manifest itself in the fact that their external communication is equally as dreadful.  I often get the sense with WG that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.  That isn't a support issue, that's an internal issue.

 

EDIT:  i should add, that the majority of my interactions with support have been positive.  Occasionally, I've gotten the odd canned or unintelligible response but for the most part they've delivered.


Edited by Darkbee2Bee, Nov 14 2017 - 21:21.


BillT #18 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 21:19

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 24544 battles
  • 1,889
  • [FADES] FADES
  • Member since:
    08-13-2010

View Postthandiflight, on Nov 14 2017 - 13:49, said:

To me it has been entertainment, it has been the thing I do when I get home from the stress at work. I have regarded my expenditure as an investment into the game to ensure its survival and improvement. I acknowledge that Wargaming and its developers have at the very least tried to make this game enjoyable and entertaining. But when you encounter an issue and get penalized for raising it, then I think that there is something fundamentally wrong. Now I have been able to actually put a name to what is fundamentally wrong. And yes, I am inclined to close my wallet.

 

 

As you haven't described the issue or WG's response, about all I can say is, "There, there, I'm sorry you're unhappy."  Tech support certainly is a weakness for WG.

 

If your ticket was rejected with boiler-plate language that was probably a bot or an inexperienced person.  Respond to the ticket and it will usually be escalated to someone who'll actually read it, understand it, and try to help you.  



WinningWithWarchild #19 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 21:20

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 7013 battles
  • 676
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

...crouching in the corner hoping the OP doesn't see my thread from last week about my positive experiences with WG customer service... 

 

:ohmy:

 

- ps. most of the time they try to deny me at first, but I'm like an STD, I don't go away easily and sometimes, not at all...


Edited by WinningWithWarchild, Nov 14 2017 - 21:20.


thandiflight #20 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 21:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 72172 battles
  • 3,898
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    07-10-2011

View PostBillT, on Nov 14 2017 - 20:19, said:

 

 

As you haven't described the issue or WG's response, about all I can say is, "There, there, I'm sorry you're unhappy."  Tech support certainly is a weakness for WG.

 

If your ticket was rejected with boiler-plate language that was probably a bot or an inexperienced person.  Respond to the ticket and it will usually be escalated to someone who'll actually read it, understand it, and try to help you.  

 

It isn't the issue, it is the way they responded. If I felt the actual issue was relevant I would post it - but it would detract from the fundamental principle and that is attitude.




25 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users