cant transfer crew from reg tank to premium tank properly

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

dpmgumby #1 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 19:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 831 battles

So I have been grinding the German Light tank line and I decided to buy the Pz. T 15

My crew in the Leopard have SS and a little camo on commander

The remaining crew all have about 96% camo

So I dropped my Leopards crew to barracks and then added them to the T15, Now the crew members have the word "Leopard" in red and say that they do not have specialization for the T15?

I bought this tank so I could easily swap between the regular tanks and this premium tank. Can someone please answer why this one wont work like all the other premiums I have owned?

gpc_4 #2 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 19:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 33895 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

If it is the tier X Leopard then that's a medium tank.

If it is the tier V Leopard then you're noticing something that doesn't matter. Your tier V Leopard crew will work just fine in the T 15.

dpmgumby #3 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 19:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 831 battles

View Postgpc_4, on Nov 14 2017 - 19:40, said:

If it is the tier X Leopard then that's a medium tank.

If it is the tier V Leopard then you're noticing something that doesn't matter. Your tier V Leopard crew will work just fine in the T 15.

its the light and it does matter because I have to remove the crew each time and place them into the T15 and back and forth and back and forth... this is one of the perks of having a Premium tank, free swapping, this manual crap is just that, crap.

gpc_4 #4 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 19:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 33895 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4
Now I'm honestly not sure what the issue is. If you use mods then many of them have a "Automatically Return Crew" button that needs to be checked. If you don't use mods then there is a "Return Previous Crew" (or something like that) which you can select from a drop down box above the crew images.

l_Chewie_l #5 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 19:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11220 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

You shouldn't have to switch them back and forth.  Correct process is as follows:

1.  Have crew in Leopard tank with "Automatically return crew" garage checkbox selected. 

2.  Play one game Leopard.  

3.  Return to garage and right click on one of the crew and select "Send all crew to barracks".  

4.  Select T 15 and populate Leopard crew from barracks.  

5.  Make sure "Automatically return crew" garage checkbox selected.  

6.  Play one game in T 15.  

Once you have returned to the garage you should be able to alternately select each of the two tanks and see the crew switch back and forth (provided one of the tanks is still not locked in a battle yet to be completed).  

FrozenKemp #6 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 19:53

Major

• Players
  • 42662 battles

Yeah, for whatever reason, it does show in red, but your crew will function properly.

Their skill values are showing in white and at full value.  Try putting a medium tank crew member in your T15.  I believe the skill number will change to red and be temporarily reduced to 50-60%. 

galspanic #7 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 19:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 23674 battles
  • [GUNS3] GUNS3

It takes 2 seconds to move a crew between the two.  And if that’s too much, get mods.

but getting the mod that does that will take more than 2 seconds.

thandiflight #8 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 19:55

Major

• Players
  • 72053 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
There is not actually a problem here. When you look at the top left of the crew box the training is not in red (the 94% on the commander or 105% on the others). This means that the crew are in fact trained for this tank and will benefit properly from being in a premium. The "home" tank will always show up in red. So as this crew is from the Leopard it will appear in red.

Edited by thandiflight, Nov 14 2017 - 19:56.

GaussDeath #9 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 51252 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

I am also not clear what your issue is. 

Is the "Return Crew to Vehicle" button not working?

Darkbee2Bee #10 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:05

Major

• Players
  • 31952 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-

Not sure what your issue is.  Is it that you:

• believe the crew is suffering a penalty?  (doesn't seem to be the case)
  • You have a mod that is not automatically transferring the crew between tanks?  (sorry, I don't run mods, can't help you there.  I use the built-in feature and it works just fine as long as you run one game in the tank with the crew you wish to use)

Need more information otherwise this is just a "move along, nothing to see here".

dpmgumby #11 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 831 battles

Look guys Im not here to argue what is easy and whats not

The tank is suppose to act a certain way and this one does not, 

So please, no comments about how many seconds it takes, (which is complete bs anyways)

When you buy a product and it doesnt work as advertised, then something is wrong.

This tank does not transfer crew members like all the others I have owned, there is no debate in that, that is fact.

Nothing transfers, everything has to be manually transferred. This is against what Wargamming offers .

Edited by dpmgumby, Nov 14 2017 - 20:07.

dpmgumby #12 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 831 battles

View PostDarkbee2Bee, on Nov 14 2017 - 20:05, said:

Not sure what your issue is.  Is it that you:

• believe the crew is suffering a penalty?  (doesn't seem to be the case)
  • You have a mod that is not automatically transferring the crew between tanks?  (sorry, I don't run mods, can't help you there.  I use the built-in feature and it works just fine as long as you run one game in the tank with the crew you wish to use)

Need more information otherwise this is just a "move along, nothing to see here".

wrong wrong all wrong........ no mod, crew not acting right, thanks for coming out but all wrong

thandiflight #13 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:09

Major

• Players
  • 72053 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
dpmgumby, its working just fine. You will receive all the benefits of the premium tank - the increased earning, the improved training. The thing about Premium tanks is that you do not need to retrain them to that tank to gain the benefits provided they are in the correct class. So you have a light tank crew in a premium light. All good. If you put this crew in another non-premium light you will see that the training drops and appears in red. You're all good here.

MacDaddyMatty #14 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 17578 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

OP, if the training % next to the crew is red - it IS a problem.

If the % is white, and the tank the crew is trained in is red, that is NOT a problem.

It is just telling you they are trained to another tank, BUT since the % is white there is no problem/penalty with them operating the premium tank.

If you try to put that crew in a Pz1C for example, the training % would be red.

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, Nov 14 2017 - 20:12.

dpmgumby #15 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:12

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 831 battles

Never mind guys, 

Its really a shame nobody seems to actually read the post.....  

my question was twofold, 

why is Leopard red

why will the crew not transfer between tanks as advertised.

View Postthandiflight, on Nov 14 2017 - 20:09, said:

dpmgumby, its working just fine. 

This is such a useless comment, why type it? I wouldnt have opened a thread if it was working fine... 

Do I need to make a video showing me having to manually move my crew each time?

I bet if I do that I will still get people wanting to tell me everything is allright rather than trying to help.

Skip it guys, lock thread, no help here.

MacDaddyMatty #16 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 17578 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postdpmgumby, on Nov 14 2017 - 14:07, said:

wrong wrong all wrong........ no mod, crew not acting right, thanks for coming out but all wrong

Wow dude, people are trying to help.

heavymetal1967 #17 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:18

Major

• Players
  • 60091 battles

The red TEXT is normal, the number colors are what matter.  Also the skill levels (both base skill and secondary skills/perks) which you'll notice are NOT reduced.  Stick a crew from another tank into a non premium or that of another class and note the display numbers on the BASE skill are reduced because of the penalty they incur.

Also the bit about using his skills and perks is indicative that the crew is not suffering any penalties.  If it was not a prem or a cross classed crew, etc. you'd get text indicating they can't make full use of skills/perks and to retrain them.  Which you are NOT getting in this case.

BUT from what Darkbee2Bee states it seems the crew transfer is also now part of the vanilla client provided you set up the tank and crew the first time.  Which has to be done with the mods as well.  And is further corroborated by your screenshot ("return crew automatically").  But you have to run the tank with that crew in it for one battle to set it up the first time.  If that's not the case then file a ticket as no one on the forum can help you as to why it isn't working properly.  If it is NOT part of the client than you forgot you had mods installed and it's probably MOD related and not WG's fault.

And many of the earlier posters have stated the same.  Besides the attitude the problem may line behind the keyboard.

Darkbee2Bee #18 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:20

Major

• Players
  • 31952 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-
Confirmed: Problem exists between keyboard and chair.

l_Chewie_l #19 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11220 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

View Postdpmgumby, on Nov 14 2017 - 14:12, said:

Never mind guys, 

Its really a shame nobody seems to actually read the post.....  

my question was twofold, 

why is Leopard red

why will the crew not transfer between tanks as advertised.

This is such a useless comment, why type it? I wouldnt have opened a thread if it was working fine... 

Do I need to make a video showing me having to manually move my crew each time?

I bet if I do that I will still get people wanting to tell me everything is allright rather than trying to help.

Skip it guys, lock thread, no help here.

You were told why the word Leopard is red, that's just to highlight they are from a different tank and is not a penalty - The tank title is supposed to be red where as the percentage number should be white. 

I gave you step by step instructions which will work if you follow them.  I suspect you are just trying to switch between tanks without playing at least one game in the tank once the crew is assigned.  If you do not play one game and switch between tanks, they will not automatically come back, you have to play one game in the tank with the crew before the auto return becomes active.  

dpmgumby #20 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 20:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 831 battles

View Postl_Chewie_l, on Nov 14 2017 - 20:21, said:

You were told why the word Leopard is red, that's just to highlight they are from a different tank and is not a penalty - The tank title is supposed to be red where as the percentage number should be white. 

I gave you step by step instructions which will work if you follow them.  I suspect you are just trying to switch between tanks without playing at least one game in the tank once the crew is assigned.  If you do not play one game and switch between tanks, they will not automatically come back, you have to play one game in the tank with the crew before the auto return becomes active.  

Thanks guys, 

though you tend to talk to everyone like they just started the game.

Reroll from EU over 60k under the belt and all that told.... already knew

only thing unexplained is the transferring crew.... what I asked about , 7 games in and manually transferring...

leaving thread.

25 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users