Marathon Tokens disappointment/ Blk Mutz Solution

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

WeSayNotToday #1 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 23:04

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12307 battles

So, I had to spend time away from the game for a few days.  Fine, I now have 10 in the bag for both heavies, if I want them, 1 token each, no problem. :great:

However, I want the Schwarzepanzer, the MutzB.  I like the German mediums that I have played quite a bit.  Currently, I lack significant, appropriate, high-tier tanks, but the MutzB would help with that..... :child:

So I did the first 5 days for the MutzB, with little problem, just time.  Doing all 3 marathons was going to be hard without high tier German or Swedish tanks.  No problem, I intended to buy 2 tokens for the MutzB.  I knew I would "only" be getting a "discounted" premium tank, but I could live with that, because it is a decent tank, and it would help me grind German mediums.

Now, we can only buy 1 token per tank marathon, a condition that was not mentioned in the marathon materials UNTIL TODAY. :facepalm:

It's too bad that WG does not want my money for 2 tokens on this tank, or the benefits they would gather from another player investing in climbing the German tree.  Mostly, too bad about my money, though.

Update:

The Black Mutz is available in the Premium Shop for less than the cost of 2 token packs, so not being able to buy 2 token packs for one tank is not a problem for the Mutz.

However:

• The marathon missions for the Mutz were then a waste of time for me, I was not grinding any German tanks at that time.
  • You cannot purchase the Mutz Special, or any token packs, with anonymous funds.  This does enable me to say no easily to WG, apparently they still do not want my money much.

Edited by WeSayNotToday, Nov 17 2017 - 06:29.

Rake #2 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 23:10

Major

• Players
  • 49108 battles
stop giving them money until they stop treating customers poorly.

Kamahl1234 #3 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 23:11

Major

• Players
  • 17962 battles
That's a fair amount of hope though. IIRC the last marathon had similar limits as well, so you didn't just buy out the whole thing with tokens. 

gpc_4 #4 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 23:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 34074 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4
You cant still buy the Butz in the shop for $40.

lightball20 #5 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 23:12

Major

• Players
  • 25370 battles
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Nov 14 2017 - 14:04, said:

So, I had to spend time away from the game for a few days.  Fine, I now have 10 in the bag for both heavies, if I want them, 1 token each, no problem. :great:

However, I want the Schwarzepanzer, the MutzB.  I like the German mediums that I have played quite a bit.  Currently, I lack significant, appropriate, high-tier tanks, but the MutzB would help with that..... :child:

So I did the first 5 days for the MutzB, with little problem, just time.  Doing all 3 marathons was going to be hard without high tier German or Swedish tanks.  No problem, I intended to buy 2 tokens for the MutzB.  I knew I would "only" be getting a "discounted" premium tank, but I could live with that, because it is a decent tank, and it would help me grind German mediums.

Now, we can only buy 1 token per tank marathon, a condition that was not mentioned in the marathon materials UNTIL TODAY. :facepalm:

It's too bad that WG does not want my money for 2 tokens on this tank, or the benefits they would gather from another player investing in climbing the German tree.  Mostly, too bad about my money, though.

I mean you still have another 6 days to earn 5 more tokens to bring your german total to 10 if you can manage to output enough damage. Just get something that you can consistently average like 1k damage in and its only about 45 games on the hardest day.

View PostKamahl1234, on Nov 14 2017 - 14:11, said:

That's a fair amount of hope though. IIRC the last marathon had similar limits as well, so you didn't just buy out the whole thing with tokens. 

Also this. Everyone keeps being surprised by the limit of only buy 5 tokens as opposed ot buying 10. WG makes these marathons so either you have to spend large amounts of time. Be good at the game. Spend Money. Or a mix of time/ability/money.

They aren't just going to make it easy for you to earn tanks that sell for $45 without you paying for them or dumping a ton of play time into them. Yet people still expect games to make it easy to earn things that cost money because they don't want to put in effort.

Edited by lightball20, Nov 14 2017 - 23:14.

WeSayNotToday #6 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 23:14

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12307 battles

View PostKamahl1234, on Nov 14 2017 - 23:11, said:

You can "buy out the whole thing with tokens."  Just pay retail, it's better than tokens.

Edited by WeSayNotToday, Nov 14 2017 - 23:21.

GeoMonster #7 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 23:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24597 battles
  • [MUG-G] MUG-G

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Nov 14 2017 - 23:04, said:

It was pretty clear to me in their initial material ... "If you need a leg up, you can purchase a mission completion from the Premium Shop in quantities of five Nov. 15-20"

Each tank had its own mission, and they indicated quantities of 5 for each mission.  Nothing changed ... was just as they stated.   There has been so much forum discussion for a while, but too much speculation and people's thoughts, which turned out to be wrong since they did not match what WG initially said.

That being said, I wish they were upfront with the COST for each pack of 5 per tank.

WeSayNotToday #8 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 23:23

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12307 battles

View Postlightball20, on Nov 14 2017 - 23:12, said:

I mean you still have another 6 days to earn 5 more tokens to bring your german total to 10 if you can manage to output enough damage. Just get something that you can consistently average like 1k damage in and its only about 45 games on the hardest day.

Also this. Everyone keeps being surprised by the limit of only buy 5 tokens as opposed ot buying 10. WG makes these marathons so either you have to spend large amounts of time. Be good at the game. Spend Money. Or a mix of time/ability/money.

They aren't just going to make it easy for you to earn tanks that sell for $45 without you paying for them or dumping a ton of play time into them. Yet people still expect games to make it easy to earn things that cost money because they don't want to put in effort.

2 tokens is a significant amount of money, I would argue, it only nets a discount of 25%, paying $30 for a $40 tank.  It would also be $30 more than they are likely to get from me now.

I did spend a significant amount of time the first 5 days on the MutzB marathon, with tier 6 and 7 tanks that average from 800 to 1000 damage.

Including "only 1 token may be purchased per marathon tank" in the promotional materials/ news articles would make this an entirely different discussion.

WeSayNotToday #9 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 23:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12307 battles

View PostGeoMonster, on Nov 14 2017 - 23:19, said:

It was pretty clear to me in their initial material ... "If you need a leg up, you can purchase a mission completion from the Premium Shop in quantities of five Nov. 15-20"

Each tank had its own mission, and they indicated quantities of 5 for each mission.  ...

That being said, I wish they were upfront with the COST for each pack of 5 per tank.

Yes, I would like to purchase 10 tokens in quantities of 5 for the MutzB, that is what I had planned.  10 tokens, in quantities of five, so, 2 token packs.

Like buying 60 eggs in quantities of 12, so, 5 dozen.

Cost would have been nice as well, but, I expected the 5-pack to be more than 1/3 the cost of the tank.

Edited by WeSayNotToday, Nov 14 2017 - 23:27.

Verblonde #10 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 23:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 17377 battles
  • [FUNTB] FUNTB

This is the usual 'WG-can't-write-English' thing that we get every so often.

WG should really get all their releases proof-read by someone literate; they would avoid all sorts of bad feeling via this simple measure.

FWIW I don't see much wrong with what they've done, in terms of the missions, rewards, and tokens; they just should have made all the terms and conditions crystal clear from the start, leaving no room for ambiguity.

GeoMonster #11 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 23:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24597 battles
  • [MUG-G] MUG-G

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Nov 14 2017 - 23:26, said:

Yes, I would like to purchase 10 tokens in quantities of 5 for the MutzB, that is what I had planned.  10 tokens, in quantities of five, so, 2 token packs.

Like buying 60 eggs in quantities of 12, so, 5 dozen.

Cost would have been nice as well, but, I expected the 5-pack to be more than 1/3 the cost of the tank.

But if they allowed multipacks on a given tank, they would be essentially selling the tank for 2/3 price (since anyone can do 5 of the missions) and then the people who paid FULL price initially would get mad at WG.  So, it does make perfect sense the way they did it.

ThePigSheFlies #12 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 23:46

Major

• Players
  • 59076 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostGeoMonster, on Nov 14 2017 - 17:44, said:

But if they allowed multipacks on a given tank, they would be essentially selling the tank for 2/3 price (since anyone can do 5 of the missions) and then the people who paid FULL price initially would get mad at WG.  So, it does make perfect sense the way they did it.

the people that paid full price for a mutz must be really mad that I got mine for free, without chasing some month long marathon mission no less

lightball20 #13 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 23:47

Major

• Players
  • 25370 battles
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO

View PostGeoMonster, on Nov 14 2017 - 14:44, said:

In addition the first 5 missions of all of the marathons were easy as pie So you didn't even have to put in any effort for the first 5 missions. Thats probably why they limit it to only 1 package of 5 so you have to put in effort to get the tank still.

jdubthegreat #14 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 23:51

Major

• Players
  • 38131 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Nov 14 2017 - 14:46, said:

the people that paid full price for a mutz must be really mad that I got mine for free, without chasing some month long marathon mission no less

I think I bought my Schwarz Pz when WG made a mistake and had it in the shop for $12 or something.

BillT #15 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 23:54

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 24544 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View Postlightball20, on Nov 14 2017 - 17:12, said:

Everyone keeps being surprised by the limit of only buy 5 tokens as opposed ot buying 10. WG makes these marathons so either you have to spend large amounts of time. Be good at the game. Spend Money. Or a mix of time/ability/money.

Here are various options for buying the Schwartzpanzer 58:

A)  Pay $40 in the Premium shop.

B)  Complete 15 missions and get it free

C)  Complete 10 missions and buy 5 tokens for $14.50

D)  Complete 5 missions and buy 10 tokens for $29

Why is option D so unreasonable that WG won't allow it?  They make twice as much money on that as they do on option C, right?

While I can come up with reasons it might be rational to eliminate option D, I don't think any of them are very likely.  I'd say there's a good chance that they will recant and allow people to buy two bundles of tokens.

goldtooth1 #16 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 23:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 44749 battles
  • [NOKAP] NOKAP
wot should sell individual tokens for each mission and be used for any of the three tanks.selling 5 packs is just a rip-off. why do I need to buy 5 tokens if I needed only 2 missions to complete the mission. total b.s.. if the price for the five tokens for the mutz 58 is 14.49 and divide that by 5 I would only be paying 2.89 per token if I only need 1 token. that would be more honest on their part.on the other 2 tanks it would be like 3.50 per token. COME ON WOT QUIT RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!!!!!!!!!!!

ThePigSheFlies #17 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 23:58

Major

• Players
  • 59076 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Postjdubthegreat, on Nov 14 2017 - 17:51, said:

I think I bought my Schwarz Pz when WG made a mistake and had it in the shop for $12 or something.

I haven't purchased, and will not purchase any of the themed tanks that are premium shop only, so long as the maps remain the same boring, stagnant trash they have been for the past 4 years.

lightball20 #18 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 00:19

Major

• Players
  • 25370 battles
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO

View PostBillT, on Nov 14 2017 - 14:54, said:

Why is option D so unreasonable that WG won't allow it?  They make twice as much money on that as they do on option C, right?

While I can come up with reasons it might be rational to eliminate option D, I don't think any of them are very likely.  I'd say there's a good chance that they will recant and allow people to buy two bundles of tokens.

Because Option C encourages(forces) people to put more time into the game. Which causes bigger server numbers. More players in MM. And better flow of MM from one game to the next thus making the game better running for everyone involved and makes it look more active. Game will take that over making the extra $15, Specially considering that it requires forcing you to play 5 days between day 6-20, of which the missions are actually starting to get more complicated than the "Log in, hit play a few times, finish missions" of Days 1-5

RickPatton #19 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 00:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27316 battles
  • [ANV] ANV

View PostBillT, on Nov 14 2017 - 12:54, said:

No option D due to you only can buy one 5-pack tokens per account for each tank.

utgotye #20 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 00:40

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12716 battles

View PostBillT, on Nov 14 2017 - 16:54, said:

Not going to happen.  Even for the casual player, 10/20 missions isn't a lot to ask.  Now, I'll grant you that they could/should have made the Schwarzpanzer missions cyclical as opposed to increasing to the ridiculous.  Say 15k to 30k over first 10 days then 20k to 40k over the next 10.  It becomes harder but also gives respite both to those who aren't able to play regularly and/or those who might have to miss an opportunity through no fault of their own or due to a prior commitment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users